Chapter 8

Seriously
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I need your help."

"I'm on my way."

Within 10 minutes, Minkyung had already arrived at Nayoung's door, Kyungwon by her side like a whipped, obedient puppy.

"So, how can we be of assistance?" Minkyung questioned as Nayoung dragged both girls into her room and threw them on the nearest bed, where an already waiting Sejeong was seated.

Nayoung proceeded to make her way to her own bed across the room before declaring, "I'm seriously stressing out over here."

It took a few seconds for Minkyung and Kyungwon to register what the older girl was talking about, a series of confused expressions passing between the two before realisation struck Kyungwon's face.

"Oh !" she exclaimed, mouth rising up into an excited grin, "Your date with Kyulkyung!"

At her girlfriend's words, Minkyung wore a similar smile and started clapping her hands together like a child, a long "oooooo" escaping her lips.

"Are you excited?" Minkyung glanced between the three other girls in the room, as if she was expecting them to answer, before pointing to herself and saying, "I'm excited."

"Evidently, we have very different attitudes towards this particular situation." Nayoung moaned. "While you guys, on the one hand, seem positively elated at the idea of me taking Kyulkyung out on our first date, I, on the other, am quite simply ting my pants."

Minkyung would've laughed at Nayoung's words if it weren't for the serious tone of her friend's voice, a vulnerable expression on her face.

"You've really never done this before have you?" the red haired girl asked.

"I never thought I'd see the day a flustered Im Nayoung was so worried over a date," Sejeong quipped, "especially with one Zhou Jieqiong."

Nayoung made an audible groan at this, pulling herself from the bed and pacing across the room.

"The worst you could do is make a complete fool out of yourself," Sejeong stated rather matter-of-factly, "And things up with Kyulkyung forever..."

The older girl stopped still in her tracks at this, turned to the teasing girl and complained, "You're not helping."

"She's right," Minkyung spoke up, "Nayoung does have a tendency to make things worse before she makes them better. Lay off the pessimism Sejeong."

"Fine," Sejeong settled, "I was just trying to lighten the mood."

"That really isn't what I need right now!" Nayoung almost shouted, frustated at how the girls seemed entertained by her discomfort.

"What she does need however," Kyungwon chimed in, leaning forward from her position next to Minkyung, "is expert dating advice."

This elicited a scoffing sound from Minkyung, bringing a hand up to cover her lips to try and hide her amusement.

"From you?" she asked, eyebrows raised.

"Of course." Kyungwon replied, confident in her beliefs.

"Dating advice? From you?" the older girl sounded skeptical. Kyungwon only continued to nod her head, not quite sure what Minkyung was trying to get at. "I think you're being serious right now and that scares me."

"What?!" Kyungwon exclaimed, followed by an obvious wink directed towards her girlfriend, "I got you didn't I?"

"You tied a message to Kongie's collar for a whole week until I eventually came over in the park that day and petted him. You were too shy to ask me out yourself. I'd hardly say you were a dating connoisseur Kyungwon."

"You looked intimidating! And I thought it was cute, I know a lot of people who would've appreciated meeting a cute dog and his adorable owner all in one day." Kyungwon tried to fight back, her attempts proving futile as she saw her girlfriend start to laugh (clearly amused at how defensive Kyungwon had gotten) and settled on sulking and pouting her lips, hoping her undeniable cuteness would win Minkyung over.

Watching this whole ordeal, Nayoung grew more agitated by the minute. 

"As entertaining and disgustingly cute as that was," she began, "Can we please get back to what's important here?"

The two girls stopped their bickering and waited expectantly for Nayoung to speak again.

"So, about my impending doom..."

Sejeong let out a bellowing chuckle and sprang up from her bed, making her way over to her and Nayoung's shared wardrobe. "Relax! You must be driving yourself crazy with all this worrying."

Nayoung grumbled what sounded like "You got that right." before following Sejeong to her position in front of their closet.

"We just have to find you something hot to wear, make you look irresistible" Sejeong continued, rummaging through the contents of the wardrobe and picking various items of clothing out to hold up against Nayoung's figure. "Give you a few basic standards and tips for a first date. Set you two lovebirds a curfew," she winked at Nayoung, as if forgetting she was one year younger than the taller girl. "Then we're all good to go." she finished, making it seem like the easiest thing in the world.

"Wait," Kyungwon interrupted, "You do know where you're taking her right? You have a place in mind?"

Nayoung shot the other girl an offended look,  "Hey, I know I'm new to all of this but I'm not a complete idiot. Of course I know where I'm taking her. Honestly, that's the only thing I'm confident on."

"See!" Minkyung voiced her support, "It's going to be amazing."

"Everything's going to be fine, okay?" Sejeong tried to reassure her friend, though Nayoung's worry had only diminished by a fraction.

"Come onnnnnn," Kyungwon begged, "Say it. Everything's going to fine. Kyulkyung will look as beautiful as ever. The date will go better than you expected. Hell, maybe you'll even get lucky."

Minkyung playfully nudged her girlfriend at her last words, wanting to rid her face of the suggestive smirk she was shooting in Nayoung's direction.

"You're right. Everything's going to fine."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter