Chapter 9

Seriously
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Do you want to come in?"

"Isn't that a little inappropriate?" Nayoung stood facing Kyulkyung, the latter leaning against the front door of Xuan Yi's house (where she was staying for the night), hand firmly entangled with Nayoung's.

The younger girl raised an eyebrow, confused.

"I mean this is your friend's house right? It's almost midnight, I wouldn't want to disturb them or anything."

Nayoung paused, observing the look on Kyulkyung's face before continuing, "Besides, I've never met them before, wouldn't it be kinda rude to just walk into their home uninvited?"

Nayoung was taken aback when the younger girl took a step closer to her, bent forward and planted a soft kiss to her left cheek. "You are extremely cute when you're all concerned and polite."

Before Nayoung could register the compliment, she was being pulled by Kyulkyung through the door the shorter girl was resting against only moments ago, and found herself standing awkwardly inside the unfamiliar house. Kyulkyung shot her what can only be described as a mischievous grin before she released Nayoung's grip and cupped her hands around .

"OH MY GOD!" she exclaimed, loud enough to disturb anyone sleeping inside, Nayoung beside her reisisted the urge to shield her ears from the other girl's voice.

It only took Nayoung a few seconds to realise what the younger girl was doing, the little devil that she was, waking her friends up merely for her own pleasure.

"What! What! What is it?!" A slender blonde girl, maybe a few years older than Kyulkyung, came scrambling out of what Nayoung assumed to be the living room. Her hair seemed to be the perfect defintion of the phrase 'bed head' while her eyes appeared reluctant to open fully. She brought her hands up to rub them roughly in an attempt to see what was going on.

Kyulkyung stood a little in front of the other girl, the corners of reaching from ear to ear. "I'm back." She stated gleefully.

Her friend only stared at her blankly, not yet properly awoken from her slumber, before realising Kyulkyung was dead serious.

"...That's it?"

"Is that not enough for you Xuan Yi?!" Kyulkyung cried back, faking offense.

So this is who Xuan Yi is, Nayoung thought.

Xuan Yi let out an exasperated groan, "I thought something bad had happened! Has nobody ever told you it is so not cool to wake a girl up from her well-needed sleep..." She began to trail off, walking sleepily to perch herself on the staircase then muttered under her breath, "I was in the middle of a dream too, just getting to the good part."

"Yeah, yeah get over your dream about you and Jiyeon, you can scold me later," Kyulkyung said, dismissing the other girl. "What's more important right now..."

Truthfully Nayoung had thought maybe her date had forgotten she was there, as she stood nervously a few steps behind the shorter girl. So as can be expected, Nayoung was a little taken aback when Kyulkyung moved to grab her arm, pulled her forward and introduced her to her Chinese friend.

"Xuan Yi, this is Nayoung," Kyulkyung announced full of pride, "My girlfr-" then faltered a little, "erm, my date."

The younger girl's words brought a blush to Nayoung's cheeks. Admittedly - just like Kyulkyung it seemed - Nayoung had no idea what these two girls were to each other, though she wasn't entirely against the sound of that one unfinished word on Kyulkyung's lips, she wasn't against it at all.

Poor Nayoung didn't get the chance to greet the girl in front of her however as right at that moment, from a room upstairs, came another girl with prominent cheek bones and jet black hair, she did not look happy.

"I swear to God, you guys better have a good enough reason for shouting so loud and getting my tired out of bed."

"Ever the warm welcome Jiyeon, it's good to see you." Kyulkyung replied, sending a wink up to the other girl.

"You know I love you Kyulkyung, I just don't appreciate being disurbed at these ungodly hours."

The girl above them, Jiyeon, began descending the stairs and sat herself heavily next to Xuan Yi.

"Like I said to Xuan Yi over here, save your complaints for later," Kyulkyung repeated, beckoning Nayoung closer once again. "This is Nayoung."

Jiyeon's interest seemed to perk up at the mention of Nayoung's name, as she lifted her head from wall she was leaning against.

"Nayoung? The Nayoung?" she spoke, amazed, "The girl you haven't stop talking about for the past year or so? God I can't tell you the amount of times I've wanted to shove my own fist in Kyulkyung's mouth just so she would shut up."

"Alright that's enough." Kyulkyung intervened, rather embarrassed.

"Well," Jiyeon spoke again, "It truly is a pleasure to finally meet you Nayoung." She lowered her tone then, sounding somewhat apologetic, "Oh and sorry about that, it seems I get a little cranky when I'm sleep deprived."

"A little." Nayoung heard Xuan Yi scoff, before she heard another sound escape the girl's mouth (a groan) as Jiyeon nudged her in the shoulder.

The other Chinese girl, still rubbing her left arm, pulled herself up from her seat on the stairs and spoke softly to Nayoung, "It's nice to meet you. Hopefully we'll be seeing you around more often."

The last part seemed more like a lingering question, though Nayoung chose to ignore it and told Xuan Yi and Jiyeon it was nice to meet them too.

"Now that that's over," Kyulkyung piped in again, "I'm going to take Nayoung in there," gesturing to the room Xuan Yi had exi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter