Five

Born to make history

‘Show me what you can do the Yuri’ he smirked.
‘Uh, okay then’ this felt so weird, the most I’d ever shown anyone of my practices was the owner of the rink in my town and now I was showing a world famous idol? It was crazy but I forgot all of that as soon as I got out in the ice, everyone and everything seemed to just…melt away.
‘It’s even better watching you in person’ said Victor when I was finished ‘you’re really amazing’
‘You think so?’ I asked trying to get my breath back.
He smiled ‘I know so’ he said and hugged me.
He smelt so good, like chocolate and cinnamon.
Woah, what was I doing? This was going too far, I let him go.
‘What’s the matter?’ he asked concerned.
‘N-nothing’ I said looking away from him.
‘Well that’s clearly a lie’. What’s going on?’
‘I-I think I have a crush on you’ I admitted ‘I thought it was because you were my idol, my inspiration and I finally had the chance the chance to meet you and work with you and I was just being a normal run of the mill fanboy but I think it might be more’
He didn’t respond at all.
‘Victor, please say something’ I pleaded.
He smiled and put his hand on my shoulder.
‘You did good today Yuri, when the next competition comes around, you’ll be ready’
I sighed and watched him walk away.

The competition he was on about was the yearly championship that brought together skaters from all over the world and this year it was Asia’s turn to be hosts, with Japan at the centre of everything.
I wasn’t planning to enter but Victor had convinced me otherwise and now I wasn’t too sure anymore.
I sat on the edge of my bed with my head in my hands,
I had completely messed up and I had no idea how to fix any of it.
I was an idiot.

Victor’s POV
I had no idea how to respond to be honest. I wasn’t sure if I felt the same way or not but then maybe that was the reason I had really come to Japan, to help Yuri and to be with him.
But for now, I felt as though I should probably just stay away from him for a little bit, he needed to concentrate on the skating for a while rather than on me.
It hurt me to do so but it was for the best.
On the day of the first round however I did go to watch him perform, we had been working on a set together and I hoped I would see it work out.
I held my breath as he started and didn’t release it until he finished it completely.
Then he turned an caught my eye, I tried to look away but it was too late, he’d already seen me.
‘Victor!’ he called and started running towards me, I turned to leave but then…
‘Screw it’ I muttered to myself and ran to the gate and onto the ice, slipping and sliding everywhere but I didn’t care.
I reached Yuri and wrapped my arms around him and we both fell to the floor in an awkward embrace.
‘What are you doing?’ he whispered.
‘I have no idea’ I replied ‘I wanted to surprise you like you did me’
‘Well it worked’ I smiled.

I had no idea how long me and Victor had been on the floor, but I didn’t care. I was just happy that he was here and had seen my set, our set, we’d worked on it together after all.
‘People are going to start talking Victor’ I said.
‘Let them’ he said ‘I don’t care anymore’ he added as he pulled me to my feet. The crowd started to cheer loudly.
‘What’s going on?’ I asked.
‘They’re cheering for you Yuri, look at the scoreboard’ he pointed.
‘Oh my goodness’ I breathed ‘that can’t be right can it?’
According to the board above our heads, I was in the lead going into the next round.
I was actually doing well. I was so happy I couldn’t contain myself, so much so that I ended up kissing Victor.

I didn’t even think about it, it just happened but I was so happy it did. I had been wanting to do it for so long.
I don’t know why I had waited, it felt right and it felt amazing, as though it was meant to be. He tasted like the mocha he always had at the same time every afternoon, all sweet and chocolaty. I didn’t ever want this to end because it felt like I was flying, high on the taste and feel of him.
Then suddenly, he pulled away and looked me straight in the eyes ‘that should give them something to talk about’ he smiled and I giggled.
Victor kissed my cheek ‘I’m so proud of you Yuri’ he whispered, his cool breath tickling my skin.