Ten

Born to make history

‘What are you doing here?’ I asked, trying to act as if I didn’t care about his sudden appearance.
‘You’re coming with me’ he said ‘the bone in your wrist looks as though it’s about to pop through the skin’
‘Why do you care?’ I asked ‘you made your feelings perfectly clear’ Victor rolled his eyes.
‘Stop acting so childish and come on’
I sighed ‘bye Mari’ I said.
‘Bye Yuri, bye Victor’
Victor didn’t respond.

Victor’s POV
I knew I shouldn’t have left Yuri but I still did and now he’d gotten himself hurt again and may have set his career back again or even ended it all together and all to try and make me proud.
He had done all this for me and I had ruined it all because I got cold feet.
I felt awful.

We sat in the ER waiting room in silence until Yuri decided to speak.
‘I’m glad you came’ he mumbled, not looking at me.
‘I’m sorry I left’ I replied looking at my hands ‘everything was just happening so fast and I got scared’
‘That’s meant to be my job’ he said and I smiled.
‘Guess we’re both as bad as each other’
‘Probably why we’re so good together’ he offered, turning his face towards me.
‘Probably’ I agreed ‘I’m so sorry Yuri’
‘Me too’ he said and sighed.
‘What’s wrong?’ I asked.
‘That’s it now isn’t it? My career is over and I still didn’t win’
‘Don’t be so sure’ said a voice.
It was the girl that was with Yuri at the rink.
She smiled and got down on one knee and held out a small box.
‘Yuri Katsuki, this is for you’ she said and handed it to him.
‘Go on then’ I said ‘hurry up and open it, the suspense is killing me’

I opened the box with shaky fingers, inside it was…
‘Oh my God’ I whispered as I took it out ‘I did it, I won’
I had been given the gold medal.
In some bizarre unexpected twist, I had actually managed to win.
‘Congratulations!’ squeaked Mari and she hugged me tight.
‘I’m so proud of you’ Victor kissed me.
I didn’t know what to say.
‘I heard you talking before’ said Mari ‘you’re not really going to retire are you Yuri?’
‘I really don’t know’ I admitted and she shrugged.
‘Like I said before, I’ll support you whatever you decide to do’

'What should I do Victor?' I asked
'I can't give you the answer Yuri love, you have to figure it out on your own' he replied 'but there is one thing I wanna do'
'Oh?' I asked confused 'what's that?' and Victor got down on one knee smiling
'Yuri Katsuki, I love you so so much...' I felt like I was going to faint.
'Victor what are you doing right now?'
'I will do anything to make you happy every single day'
'Victor stop...' I was nearly in tears.
'Will you do me the honor of...'
'Yes! Yes, a thousands times yes I will marry you!' I interupted.
'You will??' I nodded and he picked me up and swung me around, kissing me as he did so.
'Of course I will, you're the only thing that's ever really made sense during this whole thing' I told him 'I'm sorry I've been such a spoilt brat at times. I completely understand why you left and why you were so hard on me sometimes'
'You don't need to be sorry Yuri, it's okay. I didn't mean to put you under so much pressure but I just wanted you to do your best'
'Well I did, I won, and it's all thanks to you' I said and hugged him again 'I love you so much' I whispered.

'I love you too' he answered 'always will'