Four

Born to make history

I woke with a start to see Victor standing by my bedroom door.
‘W-what are you doing here??’ I asked pulling the blankets further up around me.
‘Don’t do that’ he said walking over and pulling them off ‘I need to see what I’m working with’
‘Do you need to see it right now?!’
‘Your body is relaxed, I can judge more clearly’ he replied ‘don’t look so nervous, there won’t be any bad judging at all’ he added ‘okay I think I have enough’
‘Thank God’ I breathed and he chuckled.
The sound of his voice was like music…no wait, what was I saying? No this was wrong, this wasn’t happening…
I DID NOT have a crush on Victor…!

Victor’s POV
Okay so that obviously wasn’t what I did to all my students, I just wanted to have a bit of fun with Yuri. I would say sorry later, if he didn’t hate me.
I smiled to myself, he had looked so cute and innocent and even cuter when he blushed. I seemed to be very good at getting him to blush.
I was looking forward to working with him.
I did feel genuinely bad that he had gotten hurt trying to do one of my jumps but I was also incredibly impressed apart from the landing right at the end, everything had been perfect.
I knew I had made the right decision with Yuri and I would make the world fall in love with him again.
‘I’m sorry about this morning’ I said a few hours later.
‘Huh? Oh, it’s fine, don’t worry’ he said as he grabbed his bag.
‘Where are you going?’ I asked.
‘I have an appointment with my physio and then I’m gonna practice for a bit’ he said.
‘Then I’ll come too’ I answered standing up.
‘Oh you don’t have to, I’ll meet you at the rink’
‘Don’t be silly’ I insisted ‘let’s go’ I said heading for the door. Yuri hurried after me.
‘Why do you still got to appointments two years later?’ I asked when he’d caught up to me.
‘You ask a lot of questions’ I shrugged ‘I still go to them because I want to be sure that I’m strong enough and that I stay that way. It was bad injury and well, you of all people know how physically challenging skating can be’ I smiled and put my arm around his shoulder.
‘I love how passionate and committed you are Yuri’ I said ‘I’m enjoying finding out all about you’
‘Thank you’ he smiled back, this time managing not to blush, but only just.

It was nice to have Victor with me on a visit, I was normally so nervous to go on my own even though I had been going for two years so it was nice to have a change.
‘Yuri, are you skating again?’ the doctor asked me.
‘Y-yes..why? Is there a problem?’ I asked worried.
‘Your ankle is still weak but you need to exercise it to make it stronger’ she sighed ‘I’m conflicted’
‘About what?’ I asked confused.
‘About whether to let you carry on’ she paused ‘I understand how much rests on this and how much skating means to you so, I’m not going to say for you to stop all together but just be careful okay?’
I nodded ‘of course’
‘I’ll make sure he takes it easy’ Victor chimed in.
She smiled sweetly, obviously unaware of who he was because most girls went completely crazy when they saw him. To be honest I was kinda glad she didn’t.
‘That went well’ Victor said when we left.
‘Yeah, I suppose so’ I replied, Victor raised his eyebrow.
‘What’s wrong?’ he said, ‘and don’t you dare say nothing’
‘It’s just it’s been two years, I was hoping it would be better news I guess’ Victor stopped and turned me to face him.
‘You listen to me Yuri Katsuki, everything WILL be better, understand?’ I nodded ‘I will make sure of it, I swear to you’ I didn’t know how to respond.
‘Thank you Victor, that means a lot’ I said quietly.
‘Well you mean a lot to me Yuri, you’re special. I knew that from the moment I saw you perform’