Chapter 8

Can You Take My Hand?

Although Bomi was the one who confessed to Chorong from a long time ago, it seemed like she’s the shy one to express her desires when it comes to making love or even just a small kiss and skinship. It was all Chorong from the very beginning of their relationship as couple. Bomi thinks that Chorong’s too pro in such activities; she knew it just by chances Chorong kisses her. She somehow felt embarrassed about her own skills. It was really silly thought yet it’s what’s bothering her, really. And besides Bomi thinks that she must not do anything that might offend Chorong, Bomi thinks that showing her affectionate touches and initiate kiss with her would be the source of it. She has high respect towards her girlfriend even if whatever she had gone through from the past, she will never want to hurt nor open up wounds from the past.

Bomi does not want Chorong to think that she’s taking advantage of her. But really sometimes, Bomi gets paranoid by the thought ‘What if Chorong-unnie wanted to do it?’… she felt like going to explode, she had never done it before… she was madly in love with Chorong, never she had thought of doing it with other else even with Naeun. She does not know exactly what to do, and if everything’s right. She’s going insane about it.

One morning in their apartment, Chorong was cooking their breakfast and Bomi was still sleeping. For more information about them, Chorong got back in studying and Bomi was the one who convinced her to do so. At first Chorong didn’t want it since she does not want Bomi to be burdened by it since she was the one who’s offering financial support on this. The younger girl insisted about it and said she’ll get angry if she’s not going to school any longer. And so Chorong gave in and agreed with the offer, she’s studying now for a year.

With that being said, Bomi on the other hand became a working girl. Now that she has a girlfriend she felt like doing her best to provide for them and Chorong’s family. The working girl thinks that she cannot forever rely on her family’s wealth, since it’ll be too much if she’ll get money from them and they’ll definitely get suspicious by it.

As their food got cooked, Chorong prepared the food on the table and went to their shared room to wake her girlfriend. It was their routine, just like a husband and wife relationship. Chorong does the household chores and goes to school, while Bomi does the husband role.

Chorong gently shake her girlfriend’s body to wake her up; yet seemed like Bomi was still on her deep dreams that she just changed position backing Chorong. The older girl was always amused by this cute action of her girlfriend, she can’t help but smile and feel the sensation of wanting to stare at her forever and well… probably play along with her. But yeah, reality’s cruel. She needs to snap out in her own world and wake her girlfriend already.

“Bom-ah, wake up already” Chorong said as she leaned down to give Bomi a kiss on the cheek. It was already her habit, it seemed like she cannot contain her strong feelings at times like this so… just a kiss is enough to lighten up the weight of her love to be expressed.

Bomi on the other hand was oblivious to what was happening, still not getting up. Chorong pouted and suddenly made her girlfriend open her eyes as she and her exposed earlobe. The younger girl was shocked by the sudden attack and immediately sat down and touched her ear that was targeted. With redness begun to be obvious, Chorong smiled and bit her lower lip to refrain herself from laughing at the current facial expression of her girlfriend “Good morning Bom-ah” She said as she pretend to be innocent.

“Di-did you just… did you… my ears?” Bomi stuttered.

“Not really, let’s go Bom-ah. Let’s eat and get ready to go out” Chorong said as she got up from sitting at the corner of the bed. Acting like nothing really happened. The ready to explode Bomi kept her eyes in wonder, and eyeing Chorong as she leaves. She can’t believe it. She knows Chorong’s kissing her every time she wakes up, but still… liking her earlobe… it was something… something new.

The girl who left the bedroom immediately head straight to the bathroom and closed the door. She closed it with her back pressing the back of the door. She held her face with both of her hands trying to fade the redness of her face. Her heart thumping so fast and somehow embarrassed of what she had did on Bomi just now.

“I-I can’t believe… did I just do that?” She said as she closed her eyes totally wanting to turn back the time and prevent that event from happening.

Then Chorong touched her chest with her right hand and feeling her something invisible to the eyes yet was too obvious being expressed. “Bom-ah, I can’t hold it any longer…”

Then she shook her head erasing the thought, she just wished her feelings would calm down as well.

As she was taming herself, she didn’t realize she already took a lot of time in the bathroom. She was then startled by the call of her name by Bomi. As she thought she was about to be calm, her heart started pounding really fast again. “Aahh Bomi, I hate you” She said as she was frustrated.