Chapter 1

Can You Take My Hand?

“Tonight’s sky is really bright compared to the other nights we’ve spent together” A man said as he caressed the shoulder of the girl beside him. He looked at the window where the moon’s light gazes upon his face.

The woman under the cover of the bed nodded as her head is resting on the chest of the man.

“You know, Chorong. I love you and I will never leave you” The man said as he brought the girl on his arms in a tighter hug. The smell of the lady he had made love with is becoming a very strong potion that makes him under her love spell. He smiled as he mesmerized this moment.

“Hmmm, you’re not yet satisfied what we just did earlier?” Chorong smirked on the arms of the man; her eyes still closed still coping with the energy she lost.

“You’re not even replying on my confession of love!”

“Heh! I’ve heard that a couple of times now!”

“Yeah and you still haven’t answered” The man said as he’s really disappointed, he does not know if Chorong loves him.

Without any answers given to the man’s question, Chorong stood up to where she was lying and headed to the bathroom right away. The man didn’t stop her as he already knows what Chorong’s trying to tell.

Chorong on the other hand washed all over her body at the shower, rubbing every parts of her body with water and soap like she was truly disgusted on what she did earlier. To be honest she was really disgusted by it, the smiles marked on her face the entire night were all fake. The sound of happiness, excitement and love were all just acting. This is her job for about two months now, playing with filthy men with corresponding high cost. At first she did not wanted it, who would ever want to be like this? Who would ever want to experience this? Who wants to be a e, sell her body to any male strangers?! No one! No one ever wishes to be in this situation! If Chorong only have a greater life, she wouldn’t dare to take this path.

As the girl finishes her bath, she took all her things and headed straight to the door to exit this nightmare.

“The money is already on your account!” The man reassures.

“I know” Chorong answered shortly with no emotions at all. She was about to leave now when the guy again interrupt her.

“With all the smiles you’ve shared with me, I thought it was all reality. But I guess you’re really just acting it all out huh?”

Chorong the turned around to face the guy and said these frank words. “You know the real deal on my job right? I’m glad I made you feel like it’s really reality. It’s my job anyways.”

“I’ll give you a happy life, Chorong! Marry me! And you will never take this path again!” The guy make his way near the girl, he was really pleading for his confession to be accepted. But unfortunately Chorong’s tough and cold, “Please don’t get carried away with what had happen in this night, and I’m sorry but I’m not interested with your offer”

“Why? You know very well that I love you right?”

“Yes! Maybe… I don’t know love doesn’t really exist in my vocabulary” Chorong said emotionless as she slammed the door closed and left the guy all alone.

------------------------------------------------------

As Chorong made sure that her appearance looked normal now, she then went inside their house to think that everyone’s already sleeping. It’s 3 in the morning; it was peaceful as she really wanted to sleep now and forget what happened this night. As she slowly and carefully takes her steps towards her room, there was a sudden sound that startled her. Very shocked as she almost dropped her heart on the floor, literally.

“SUPRIIIIISSSE!” Sounds of voices from a few people shouted, they were all happy and excited with this event that they are about to celebrate.

“Happy Birthday my Chorong!” Her mother hugged her from her wheelchair, as Chorong leaned down to hug back yet still left agape as she never really expected nor slightly think that there will be something like this to happen.

“Happy Birthday Unnie!” Her little sister, Hayoung, greeted her as she also makes her way to hug her. They were really happy.

“Mom! Baby! You guys shouldn’t have bothered with this, I’m really surprised!” She said happily, as a smile appeared on her face. It was the first time ever that her family made an event like this.

“Don’t worry darling… actually we’re not the one who made all these…”

“Eh?” She said as she’s about to realize now who’s at fault. She felt ill with it though, her smile vanished after her mother’s confession.

Suddenly a girl about her height came out and showed the cake to her. “Happy Birthday Chorong-unnie!” She said happily stretching her arms to show the wonderful cake she made just for her.

Somehow no matter how sincere the girl with her greetings, Chorong was really pissed. Her eyebrows met as she clenched her fist.

“This won’t change a thing, you know that! Every year you’re making all these surprises and all, now you even disturbed my family with your selfishness just to impress me?” she shouts as she looked at the girl with disgust. “To get away from my rejection all over again? Now now! Don’t you ever think that! It made me even more disgusted with you!” Chorong shouted with all her might as she was really angry and pissed, the girl in front of her confessed to her 5 years ago now and still eager to catch her heart no matter how many times she turned her down.

“Chorong stop it!” Her mother and little sister said as they wanted to make her angst over the poor girl, “Shw just wanted to make you happy, Unnie!”

No matter how painful those words of Chorong straight to her heart, she still hide her hurt feelings and tried to show a smile to her. “Heh! I’m sorry, I thought you’d be very happy, I think I will just put this cake on the table and will leave now”

“Finally, you’ve thought the greatest thing to do now, leave!” She said as she rolled her eyes. “And, you don’t have to leave that garbage cake on the table. Take it with you; we’re not going to eat that… you could’ve planted poison or some other spells in there!”

“But I made it sincerely… you might want to have a tast--” Not even finished Chorong talked “Then eat it! What do you think of us? Some people who can’t even eat cake on their own money?!” Chorong said still shouting.

“Chorong that’s enough! Come on, go to your room now!” Her mother said as she was really wanted this hurtful words coming out adding more pain on the girl to stop.

“I’m sorry about my sister Bomi-unnie, I think she’s not in the good mood. You can come back tomorrow if you want. Thank you and I’m sorry again!” Hayoung said as she really felt how hurt Bomi became on that rude behavior of her big sister, she knew how much of an impact it had for Bomi and it’s getting more painful for her to see how much Bomi tries to hide it. She really likes Bomi for being so kind to their family especially to her big sister, no matter how much she declined her.

“It’s okay, Hayoung-ah, I think I’m already immune with all those words. It’s becoming really natural now!” She said lying but Hayoung was not really buying it.

Bomi didn’t listen to Chorong; she still left the cake with words saying “Happy Birthday Chorong-unnie! Please always be happy. Love, Your family and Bomi”