Chapter 5

Can You Take My Hand?

“Why are you so quite? Don’t tell me you’re having second thoughts of leaving the country? Or should I say… leaving her?” Naeun said with obvious anger in her voice. She was trembling due to the immense amount of jealousy at the same time angst towards the situation. Of course who want to feel being set aside after her loved one said yes already in starting out their relationship? Just because of that incident earlier before they got themselves here in the car heading towards their appointment for today.

“I’m sorry Naeun-ah, I really do” Bomi replied with her head down. She admit it, that she felt guilty about what happened earlier when Chorong came to her and begged her not to leave. She felt guilty and angry not to anyone else but herself. She’s been thinking why she ended up going out of the counter. Start out a new relationship when she’s still deeply in love with Chorong.

“Why are you saying sorry Bomi-unnie?” Naeun caressed Bomi’s face and focused her to look at her in the eyes, but it seemed like Bomi can’t face her due to the guiltiness she feels towards her. And so Naeun just rested her head in the left shoulder of Bomi, her hands trailed down and wrapped around the small girl’s waist and hugged her tightly.

At this very moment Naeun knows what Bomi’s already thinking. “Bomi-unnie, I love you. Can’t you just love me back as you love that girl?” She said with her voice staring to shake as she was about to shed the most painful tears from her heart.

“I was stupid Naeun-ah, I should have known better. I’m sorry for hurting you like this. I should’ve not got myself in a realationship, I was irresponsible and now I… I’m--” AS Bomi can’t find the right words to apologize, Naeun seemed to know how to end things. “I tried everything for you, but this relationship that just started lately won’t last long if I’m the only who’s willing to give love. I was the happiest girl alive when you told me you’re going out with me, when you said you’re going out of the country and study with me… I can’t even sleep the night because my heart was pounding so fast thinking about you… thinking about us” As Naeun said these words, despite the tears shedding from her eyes, a smile glowed in her face as she remembers that short happy moment of her life.

“I had the greatest time of my life with you Bomi-unnie, but everything has its end right? And guess what? I am now setting you free”

Bomi can’t help but get shock with the last statement that the girl beside her stated. She then moved and hugged the girl tightly expressing the right thought how grateful she is to have Naeun understanding her feelings, a hug to express her gratitude as well as to express enough guilt and infinite apologies.

------------------------------

The sun already sets, and the stars and moon appeared to light the night sky brightly. Chorong felt her heart breaking as she remembers the incident that had happed early this morning. Bomi for the first time in her life left her, choosing another woman instead of her. Bomi set her aside, she felt stupid as well as broken because for the first time she had discovered the real feelings she had for Bomi. It was for the first time, she’ll admit to herself that she loves a girl, she loves her best friend and it will be her first time to admit defeat losing Bomi because of her stupidity.

She was putting on her make up to brighten up her face full of regrets and sadness, this night shall also symbolize to her. Accepting the fact that no one would ever love her again as much as Bomi does, admit that no one would ever accept her as pure as a woman as she will present her body and soul to the man/customer she’s meeting up tonight. She have decided to make the affair they have to come into something real, making everything legal. Her family needs her, that’s why she needs to do this, that’s what she had in thought all this time…

“Bom-ah, even though my body will be taken and owned by   somebody else, my heart will always be forever yours. I’m closing my heart to anyone now, but I will leave it close with you inside. I love you” As she said these words, her eyes refelected the moon and star’s glow as they released the saddest tears that Chorong had ever shed in her whole life.

It’s already 12mn and Chorong’s family members are sleeping already, she had decided to head now at the designated hotel she was invited by her customer, 12:30 am was the scheduled time. She had brought all her things and exited the house. As she left the small house, Bomi’s shadow appeared behind Chorong. It was already late for the girl to talk to her immediately because she needed to stay beside Naeun all this time to make sure everything is okay as she leaves the girl. And Bomi got the time to wave goodbye and called her best friend for favor.

~Flashback~

“Naeun-ah, take care” She said as she her wave goodbye to the girl.

“You too Bomi-unnie, good luck” Naeun said with a slight smile as she walked her way to their house.

“I have to call Eunji now” Bomi said to herself as soon as Naeun entered their house.

She takes out her phone and dialed Eunji’s number, after so three rings Eunji answered. 

“Oh, Pabomi, what’s up? It’s already late, why are you calling me at this time?” Eunji ask curiously

“Eunji-ah, I have a favor for you” Answered Bomi as fast as she could; she still needs to go to Chorong’s house after this.

“A favor? What it is?” Eunji said giving her full attention to Bomi now.

“I need you to take care of someone, someone who’s clumsy.” Bomi said stifling a laugh.

“Are you joking right now Yoon Bomi?” Eunji said as she can’t seem to know why Bomi needs her for taking care of someone.

“No, and you said that you want to study abroad right?” Bomi answered as she remembers their talk with her best friend about wanting to study abroad.

“So you’ll make me study abroad if I take care of that someone right?” She said clarifying what she heard.

“You’re right, so what now?” Bomi said smiling as she already know the answer

“Of course I will take it, I really want to study abroad, who’s that girl I will take care of?” Eunji ask excited about the fact that she will study abroad for free.

“Oh, she’s Naeun, Son Naeun, I’ve talked about her last time right?” Bomi said as she starts to walk her way to her car.

“Naeunie? Of couse, the one you’re supposed to go with, hey you aren’t going with her?” Eunji said confused

“Hahaha, you’re already calling her Naeunie, yes that Naeun, I’m not going with her, you are, I have some things to settle her in Korea” Bomi answered.

“I know right, you have to settle things with your Rong-unnie” Eunji said teasing Bomi

“Yeah so, I’ll hang-up now, I’ll just text you where you can take your papers for your flight, thank you Eunji-ah” Bomi said sincerely.

“No, thank you Bomi, Bye, and good luck” Eunji said as she wait for Bomi to end the call.

“Now, I have to go to Chorong-unnie’s house fast” Bomi said to herself as she starts the car.

~End of Flashback~

Bomi get herself back in her own car and decided to follow the taxi Chorong had got herself in. A few minutes has passed, the girl was shocked as she saw Chorong entered a hotel.