Chapter 4

Can You Take My Hand?

“Why is that woman kissing her?” Chorong clasped her hand somewhat curios and disappointed. This refrain her form approaching Bomi. On the other hand across to where Chorong’s looking, Bomi smiled back at the girl who kissed her on the cheek awkwardly “Geez, stop doing that Naeun-ah” She said.

“Why is that? We’re together now right?” The girl whose name is Naeun replied loud enough for her voice to reach Chorong’s ears.

“Together? Now?” Chorong asked confused, “But… she… wants me right?” This revelation makes her really dumbfounded; she never realized Bomi could take her eyes away from her after last night’s incident. “I think I really made her mad last night,” She said sadly as something painful in her chest started to spread all through her body. Somehow her chest with her body prickles. This pain is new to her, and she does not realize everything yet. “O-of course, anyone would get tired of someone who’s rejecting them for several years now. It’s not just last night I broke her heart anyways” As she speaks these words to herself, there’s an obvious change of how she spoke. She’s trembling, and she felt guilty at the same time lost. Somehow she’s blaming herself for making Bomi goes away, and in reality right now at this very moment, she wants her back.

Her mind and body responded to what she wanted, she wiped the tears that were about to escape and fixed herself and face Bomi. With Chorong’s presence finally visible in the view of the small girl, she was surprised.

“Unnie!” Bomi said as she was really startled, as she automatically removed the hand clinging on her. It was an action like she was caught cheating. Naeun and Chorong themselves noticed this action. Naeun was confused and curios enough to know whay Bomi do that in front of this new girl in her eyes. While Chorong felt somehow happy as she realizes Bomi’s cute response to her sudden appearance.

“W-why are you here Unnie?” Bomi talked as she was trembling. Her face shows all the nervousness she feels which made Chorong smile.

*thump thump thump* “Why is my heart behaving like this?” Chorong said as she felt warmness taking dominance in her body, she felt really special when Bomi gives her attention like that totally ignoring the other woman clinging and kissing her lately. And this gives Chorong some realizations about herself being so special when she’s around her.

“I’--” Before Chorong can give any reply, Naeun interrupted. “Who is she Bomi-unnie?” She said as she examined Chorong from head to toe.

“Ah, she’s Park Chorong… my best friend since childhood” As Chorong heard these words; she can’t believe it at all. She was moved by it, and her heart raises its beat even more. After all those harsh things she has done, Bomi’s still considering her a best friend since childhood. Chorong was at the same time enormously feeling guilty, and she felt sorry now. Tears are forming now in her eyes as she can’t take this mixed emotions she’s feeling… then again Naeun ruined her moment.

“Ah~ so this is the girl, you’re aiming from before?” Examined Chorong from head to toe again and added “Too bad, she does not know how to appreciate someone like you” She then looked at Bomi. Obviously, Neaun is jealous knowing Chorong is the first love of Bomi and continuously persuading her up unitl the end. But now they are dating officially she can’t let Bomi go away now right? “But me, Bomi-unnie, I appreciate everything about you” She said as she cling again on Bomi.

Chorong felt her warmnesss was added with madness towards this Naeun, it felt like with the mixture of a new sensation she’s feeling towards Bomi now as well as her anger with this new woman will make her reach her boiling point.

“Look at her Unnie, I think she’s here to win you back. I pity her, pushing someone special like you and when you found something MORE INTERESTING… she wanted you back like a toy. Tsk” Naeun said as she really wanted to show her jealousy as well as anger towards Chorong because she had witnessed everything Bomi has gone through by persuading this girl.

Bomi was in silence as Chorong was left into oblivion. “She’s right, I took advantage of Bomi. I’m sorry” She thought as tears now stream on her soft skin. She can’t hold herself anymore nor save herself form Naeun’s strikes of words. Every word Naeun is saying is painful yet they are just reality. It’s really hard to accept things like this. She felt worthless and evil, she felt sorry but she wanted Bomi back now, so bad!

“Let’s go Bomi-unnnie, we still have a lot of things to do. We need to settle some papers for our flight next week.”

Chorong raised her head from crying facing the floor. She was surprised to know that Bomi’s going to disappear with this woman? Are they really together? What about me? Questions keep on appearing in her head and she wanted some answers.

Bomi just keep silent, and followed Naeun to get in the car. But suddenly, Chorong grabbed Bomi’s shirt still crying heavily. This made Bomi breathless as she can’t believe Chorong’s really showing her now some affection. “Bom-ah, please don’t leave me”

Bomi was left agape for Chorong has called her in her nickname given by Chorong herself “How long has it been since she called me like that again?” Bomi thought as she was really happy, but confused of what to do either. Naeun made her snap out of her confusion “Don’t tell me you’re going back on her? After what she did to you? And don’t tell me, you forgot that we we’re now dating Unnie! Don’t let her hurt you again!” She said really mad.

Bomi does not know what to do, but Naeun’s insisting now to go. She’s now in a hurry to meet their appointment today.

“Chorong-unnie, I’ll go at your house later, okay? I’ll talk to you later. Please go home now, safely.” Kind words escaped Bomi’s mouth but this made Chorong felt bad even more.

“I want to talk to you now Bom-ah, please! Don’t leave me” She was now really in a state of breakdown, and Bomi felt bad about it… but Naeun’s keep nagging which made her a decision. “I’m sorry Chorong-unnie, I’ll talk to you later” Bomi moved out form Chorong’s grip on her shirt, she was about to leave then some words made her stop.

“Are you choosing that woman over me?!” Chorong blurted out. After all this, it’s her selfishness that takes dominance at this kind of situation.

“Don’t make me sick! Come on now! Bomi-unnie!” Naeun grabbed Bomi on the car and they left Chorong Crying.

“Bom-ah, I’m sorry!” Chorong said as she bends down with her knees on the pavement. She’s now crying heavily as ever as she realizes all her mistakes towards Bomi. If only she was good enough and took good care of her, then she will not have to choose that woman over her. “It’s painful, I’m sorry” She added.