Chapter 3

Can You Take My Hand?

Chapter 3

Those words from her mother her heart which made her look back in her mother’s eyes. She was shocked to hear about it, “Bomi’s leaving? Why? Where is she going?” She thought. Somehow Chorong felt a sudden sadness being built up in her chest. Her eyes become moisten up again and tears are about to appear, but she tried to hold it. “Why am I sad? I should be happy right? Finally I’ll be free from her!” She smiled but obviously it was fake. She’s denying the fact that she’ll not get used to it when Bomi’s not around. She ignored her from time to time and hurt her, yet she knows in her mind and heart that Bomi won’t leave her, not yet, not soon. In short, she was sure that even after breaking Bomi’s heart again and again she’s expecting her to come back again and again to get her answer as “Yes”. Because for the entire childhood being together she knows that Bomi’s not giving up on anything she likes unless it’s already on her possession.

Chorong does not want to accept Bomi’s feelings because she does not want to go in a relationship with a girl, and the fact that it was Bomi, her best friend, she felt awkward and built grossness over it. She likes men for she is a woman, that’s her principle.

“Wha-what are you saying mom? And where is she going?” Chorong asked with her trembling voice, proof that she can’t bear this news at all. Her thoughts about Bomi will hold on forever was not real after all.

“Bomi’s going to abroad to study by next week, she told me that she want to celebrate your birthday this week before she leaves next week with a good memory to hold on, but guess what, that memory was all opposite” Chorong’s mother said as she felt sadness towards the girl, Bomi.

Chorong on the other hand was left agape and into her own oblivion. She can’t believe she was rude at Bomi’s last wish to spend time and make a good memory to cherish as she leaves. She can’t believe Bomi’s leaving, all her childhood memories with Bomi came back, same as those years where she became rude towards Bomi and yet she’s still showing her kindness and patience after everything. She now felt guilty and with severe pain in her chest she knows her heart is breaking at this rate. She never thought this even to come, that Bomi is about to leave her. “What have I done?” She thought as tears now flow in her eyes. She’s crying really hard now as both of her palm covers her face. She felt sadness, guiltiness, and a broken heart for what she have done rude with Bomi over the years.

Seeing her daughter like that, Chorong’s mother patted her trying to comfort her, but still she said the most painful reality to make Chorong realize her stupidity “Not all things are meant to be with you forever, Chorong. There are things you need to give good care in order for them not to leave your side”

Hearing those words from her mother, Chorong then cried even harder. She’s suffocating and she does not know how to end it, her body became numb, and her mind was not functioning well. All she can feel right now, is her heart breaking.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Morning has once again arrived, Chorong opened her swollen eyes, and she never thought to see sunshine again after that endless crying last night. “I guess I’ve fallen asleep due to my body can’t take it anymore” She said. After thinking about lots of things, planning to make an apology towards Bomi and stop her from leaving, a ring on her phone interrupts her.

“Meet me tonight, the same hotel room. I’ll double the money, so make sure to be ready.”

One of her customer messaged her about her work, a work that Chorong despises even if she still does it. She has no choice at all she has to gain enough money for her family. She needs to sustain the needs such as food, medicine for her mother’s disability, tuition for Hayoung and a lot more expenses. Her father died in an accident when she was still 4th year in high school, her mother cannot take the pain for her husband had passed away and became drunk every day of the week which one day made her become a disabled woman who can’t walk due to a car accident. No money was circulating on their household by then and her mother can’t do anything. Good thing Bomi was there to support them by then, until Chorong found a part-time job and earns money for the family. She was still 16 by then and Bomi was not yet confessing to her. Chorong appreciates everything about Bomi; she loves her as her best friend for always being in there at her side, until… the confession came up. Chorong stopped Bomi for giving them financial support neither foods being offered. The cold treatment came, and Chorong become crazy as she felt she can’t rely on anyone anymore. By then she started losing hope for she can’t feed her family anymore therefore she stopped studying and looked for several amount of jobs. Until this latest 2 months she was already desperate to gain more money, for she felt tired already of gain to several works at a time.

Even though she does not really want this, she thought she has to, just to make her and her family live without relying on anyone; without relying on Bomi. She felt that if she gets help from Bomi means she’s accepting her confession, which her pride didn’t want to. And yeas it was the most stupid thing to ever do of her; She’s and idiot, with her pride.

“I’m not going, let’s reschedule things by next week” She messssaged back to the guy totally disgusted.

Now she fully got up from her bed and freshen herself up in the bathroom. Still thinking of places where she could find Bomi.

--------------------------------------------------

Chorong decided to come to Bomi’s house, but to her surprised something caught her attention before exactly arriving at the destination. A black car was in front of their house’s gate, ready to leave. She saw Bomi exiting the gate now to get on the car, a smile marked Chorong’s face as she finally got the opportunity to speak with her. “I need to talk to her now before she leaves” Chorong knows that today is not yet Bomi’s flight to abroad so she’s going to seek for this opportunity or nothing will come after. When she was about to walk towards Bomi, she suddenly saw someone came out on the car. It was a girl, and that anonymous girl approach Bomi and kissed her on the cheek.