Never Ever

Honeymoon With A Stranger

 

Each time you called me, I wasn’t there, silence
But don’t worry, I’ve arrived, shall we dance

(Never Ever - Got7)

 

 

Waking up early, Kyujong always took the time watching his wife sleep before getting up and ready for the day. Though it may sound creepy, it had only been less than a week since they've slept in the same bed together and he was treasuring every moment he got after two months of wasted time. But today was different because his wife woke up looking at him in a daze and then muttered something before bolting up in a sitting position with shock etched on her face.

"Woah!" Kyujong got up braced Byul worried that she'd just bolted up like that. "Baby? What's wrong?" He asked but the girl made no response and started blinking her eyes. "Byulyi-ah. Are you feeling sick? Do you want me to bring you to the bathroom?"

Byul didn't answer then turned her head to face him and in a voice of realization she said, "Ahjussi, I'm pregnant."

Kyujong's brows furrowed having an eh? moment and then he gently cupped her face and said. "Baby, I think you're still half asleep." He then held her in an embrace and laid themselves down gently but she just turned and propped her arms on his chest.

"I'm pregnant, ahjussi." She muttered sounding as if she was in denial.

Now he was just feeling confused. "Ah... Babe, I know. We found out at the hospital five days ago, remember? Wait-" Come to think of it, she really hasn't reacted much about her own pregnancy. 

"A-ahjussi. I'm pregnant." She repeated for the third time and this time she looked and sounded a little brighter rolling on her back and slipping her hands under her shirt and placing it just below her abdomen. "Oh my gosh."

Left at loss, he didn't know how to react to that at first then he just started laughing which got her curious.

"What's so funny?" She asked propping her hands on his chest and resting her head on them.

"You're just too cute, babe." He answered cupping her cheeks and bending down to give her a peck.

 

"Don't you think you're being too rash with your decision? You haven't even waited for how the people will react once Kyujong oppa's company makes the announcement." Yongsun was the first to say what's on her mind after Byul finished detailing how she wanted things done as soon as her husband's company makes the announcement for him.

It had only been minutes before when they finished making the arrangements with her and his company and later, when the actor's company director left, they were joined with the three members of Mamamoo with their director to relay the details to the girls. Seeing as how their mood have become somber, she knew that the three weren't taking it too well and that they don't even seem to agree with her action at all.

How can they? She practically told them she had plans on quitting everything she's ever worked hard on .

Sighing, she leaned back on her chair and looked up at the ceiling. She couldn't even look the girl's in the eyes with the guilty feeling rooting down in her. "It's not being too rash when you call it a back up plan, unnie." 

Yongsun didn't like that and turned to their PD/CEO who is quietly seated on his chair. "PD-nim, what did you say to this when she told you?"

The older man gave Byul a tentative glance and a stern one for Kyujong before shrugging his shoulder.

"PD-nim." Yongsun blurted in disbelief.

"Can't we have our say in this?" Hyejin asked turning the attention towards her. "We can always compromise."

Byul raised her head back up and looked at the maknae. "The reason I made the decision of backing out from the group is because I've already contemplated and exhausted my brain on the possibilities of what could happen when the word finally comes out that ahjussi  and I are married and already expecting." She felt Kyujong place a hand on the small of her back making her feel a little relieved knowing he was there for her support. "You girls know how vicious the fans can get when this kind of news gets out and you've already seen how some of his fans have reacted. Some of them are already wishing me dead."

"Those are sasaengs, unnie." Wheein said matter-of-factly. "Those people aren't really ones you could categories as fans instead, more like stalkers who have nothing better to do with their lives than obsess and fantasies about their idols or actor oppas."

"Wheein's right." Yongsun agreed walking towards Byul and standing in front of her. "What is it really that you're not telling us? You said you've contemplated and exhausted your brain for the possibilities but I don't think the reason is just to prevent any of whatever those possibilities could be."

Byul bit her lip feeling guilty and annoyed at how Yongsun can seem so yeba-ish  in front of other people but when it came to her and people she knew, she is so perceptive and just more of herself.

"Babe, I think-" She quickly took his hand away from her back knowing what he wanted to say.

"Byulyi-ah." Kyujong said firmly and held one of her hands giving it a gentle squeeze. "They're basically family to you and you know too well that they'd understand if you would just tell them and hear whatever they have to say right after. You're not being fair to the girls and especially to yourself." 

"Ahjussi."

"Please, love." He pleaded. "It would be better if you tell them what it is rather than keepin it in and stressing yourself out. You can't have that happening remember?" He reminded her by laying his other hand on  her still flat tummy.

Byul wanted to tell him she hated him even if it was just for that moment but she loved the man far too much. Sighing, she looked at the girl in front of her and held her gaze. "Mamamoo's gone this far in success that I can't have it all tumbling down just because of me so rather than having it all crushing down, I'd rather back off sooner than later. Like I said, you all know how vicious people can get and with how fresh this group and... Well... It's not just the group. It's also the comapny. They're both fresh from everything and with what's about to happen, I just can't imagine having what all of you have worked so hard on go to waste. I'd rather take all the blame." She took a moment to breath. "And besides, what if some paparazzi tries to dig up my personal life and manages to cause more scandal, you are all bound to get involved in all of it."

 

Like earlier, the room stilled and she felt it growing smaller and tighter around her when the girls and their boss kept quiet until finally, their CEO spoke up.

"I see. Compromise it is then." KDH started. "For now, since Mamamoo is on a break and won't be releasing the next album until two months from now, I am putting you on stage and promotion hiatus but we will still continue with the track line up. The three of you will continue practice and revise your pattern if necessary. And as for promotions, it will last for three weeks or so. After that, we will be working with your solo activities." He broke it all down so easily as if Byul hadn't just confessed her real reason.

"Huh?" Kyujong blurted in confusion while the girls chorused his name. "PD-nim."

"Look. As much as I appreciate your sacrificial attempt, I am not letting you get all the fault." The middle aged man said putting his foot down. "Had I listened to you two years ago and only allowed Yongsun to promote with the group, none of this would've happened." Byul felt a little pang hearing him saying this things as if he regretted having her joing the group. "But if I did, Mamamoo wouldn't have gained as much love as it has over this past years which also helped gain more success and recognition." 

"O-oh." Byul quietly muttered blushing a little with that compliment.

"Out of the four of you, you are at the top when it came to the list of being liked by lesbians which I find is quiet a strange achievement but an achievement nonetheless." He said making them all laugh. "On a serious note, despite your stage and promotional haitus, I'd like it if you could continue helping the group with their stage performance and dance. Also, I'd like it if you could still help me out as the lyricist?'"

"With unnie being herself, I'm guessing she's already written a few." Wheein remarked and they all turned to see Byul looking away with a tint of blush on her face causing more laughter.

As they talked more with regards to Byul and compromising, she felt more at ease knowing that these girls she called her sisters are with her all the way.

 

"Better?" Kyujong asked as he rubbed the back of his wife who finally stopped heaving up whatever's left of the meal she ate hours ago right after their meeting.

Sitting up, Byul felt her energy drained but thankfully, her husband was there helping her get up and into the sink where she rinsed to wash of the bitter after taste of her morning sickness.

"Come here." Kyujong said taking her in his arms and walking straight to their bed where he gently laid her down.

"Thank you." Byul muttered and patted the space next to her for him to lay down.

With an adoring grin on his face, he slipped under the covers and joined her for a late noon cuddle until she finally fell asleep while he watched her a few more minutes before getting up and getting through house works that needed to be done. And while he was finishing up with sweeping the floor, he heard the door open only to turn and find a familiar but can't-remember-where-he'd-seen-her girl walk in and close the door. The girl had her head down as she took her shoes off and placed them in the cabinet replacing it with a pair of inside slippers and when she looked up, she squeaked at the sight of him holding a broom and a pan with his a pink apron.

As she looked like she was about to scream, Kyujong dropped the broom and placed a finger on his lips asking her to keep it down. "Please don't. My wife's sleeping upstairs."

"Y-your wife?" She stuttered and then leaned closer to see his face and then gasp. "Oh! Y-you're- you're my brother-in-law?"

Kyujong's brows furrowed and then he remembered that Byul shared the house with her younger sister who also happened to work in the industry. No wonder she looked familiar. "You're Seulgi?"

"Nice to meet you." Seulgi greeted with a bow and so did he after her.

"Uh, why don't we go to the kitchen. " He suggested and she nodded following after him.

 

It's been over an hour since their first meeting and so far, Kyujong could tell that he is easily slipping into this girl's life with his role as a big brother figure. He didn't mind since he liked how nice and buibbly the girl is and he wouldn't mind really taking up that figure since he already is married to her older sister.

"Oh! Uhm... By the way, I'm sorry for not visiting unnie at the hospital. My manager..." Seulgi trailed off and he chuckled reaching out to ruffle the younger girl's hair. "It's all good. Your unnie got your text and she got checked out the next day anyway."

"Oh. That's good. Is she doing okay? We've been talking for over an hour now and that should be the very first question I asked you about her. Why did she get checked in anyway?" Seulgi asked as she barely had any communication with her older sister the past week and she had no clue as to what has been going on with the exception of what she saw and heard from the media and what her new family member told her.

Kyujong grinned like an idiot and rubbed the back of his head. "I think it's better if Byulyi tell you herself."

"Tell who what?"

The two of them were caught off guard by the suddenness of new voice and both turned to see Byul in her newly woken state of disheveledness. Her hair was in a state of total mess and so was her clothes which could only mean she had gotten straight out of bed and went down straight downstairs looking for her husband.

"Hey, Seul." The still half awake girl greeted and then dragged herself towards Kyujong, hugging him by the waiste and pressing her face on his chest. "Ahjussi, where were you?" She whined lazily smacking him.

Chuckling, Kyujong looked at Seulgi whose face looked at awe and shock with what she is seeing right in front of her and then turned back to his wife. "Babe, wake up. Look who came home." He said tapping her arms.

"I'm awake." She whined lazily smacking him again whilst Seulgi held in her laughter.

"Okay. How about you turn around and welcome your little sister home then." He said in a sing song voice then gently turned her around.

Groaning, Byul let him maneuver her and did as told only to freeze as she tried to turn back around to hug her husband. "Seul?" She muttered, finally fully awake and looked back to see her sister waving a hand at her.

"Hi, unnie." Seulgi greeted with a wide grin plastered on her face as she tried hard to keep in her laughter.

Realizing she had been acting silly towards her husband with her sister watching, Byul's face flushed red and even redder than a tomato.

 

 

 

 

 

*N: YOHA!!!

Hi. Hi.

How have you all been doing? I hope you've been doing great.

So, yeah. I had to rewrite this a couple of times and thankfully I found a different way to direct it. :D

Hope you like it! 

And as always, thanks everyone! <3