Upset Kookie

Girl meets Boy

I frantically dashed out of the door looking in every direction possible for Jungkook. My heart was throbbing in my chest as an achy feeling churned in my gut.

"Jungkook... don't do this," I whimpered to myself. I ran across the road and into the park where darkness once again engulfed me. The thought of when Namjoon told me to meet him here reminiscences in my mind and an unknown feeling tingled through my spine...  

I kept on jogging through the park in hope of finding Jungkook somewhere, hiding maybe, another one of his pranks?

"Jungkook?" I shouted at the top of my lungs, "stop messing around!" I don't know why I expected a response, but inside I was muddled with what I could do, "where could he have gone?"

"Noona..." a nasally voice whispered behind me. I whipped around, and saw the faint figure of Jungkook standing there with his head facing the ground.

"Jungkook!" I yelped bounding over to him, wrapping my arms tightly around his neck, "why did you run all of a sudden?" I breathed in his neck. All I got was sniffles and hot tears dripping on my neck.

Was he crying?

"Jungkook... are you crying?" I said softly, breaking away from the hug tilting his chin up so he was looking at me.

His face was utterly tear stained, his eyes red and puffy whilst his lips still puckered

"Jungkook," I sighed with a heart broken tone, "what's wrong?"

I guided him over to a bench and sat him down. I held his hands gently, his palm with my thumb, waiting for him to start talking

"Heart hurt..." he mumbled in between sniffles and sobs.

"Your heart hurts? Wear about's in your heart?" I questioned rapidly, patting his chest.

His hand shot up and grabbed my wrist aggressively. I looked at his face with a surprised expression, wondering why his actions were so drastic. Despite his eyes being red, I could see some form of passion glaring into my eyes, I didn't know what it was but I felt nervous

"I fall in love... again," he mused, still staring into my eyes. His hand slowly slid up from my wrist to my hand, his fingers starting to intertwine with mine.

Why is everyone making me feel so hot and flustered inside?!

I wasn't sure whether to pull away, but Jungkook wasn't his giddy self, so any acerbic behaviour from me might hurt him

"F-Fallen in love?" I stuttered, lost for words

"Ne, but I scared..." he looked down to his lap, "last time I love, it not go well."

I frowned earnestly, unable to grasp the story line, "why, did she not like you back?" 

"Ani, we love each other..." he paused, another tear trickling down his cheek. My heart was burning with sympathy and sadness; seeing my poor bunny like this was enough to make me cry, "we childhood friends, and we liked each other. But..." I heard him gulp, and he turned his head away, his shoulders slightly jittering.

"Jungkook, it's okay... face me," I said lovingly, edging slightly closer to him. He slowly turned his head around and I was greeted by new tears which were flowing like a stream down his cheeks.

"She got illness..." before he carried on, he sniffed loudly. I had a feeling of what was about to come next, and I could feel my throat tightening, "she die after few weeks... when told each other we love each other."

My heart fully collapsed, and my shoulder globed as guilt overwhelmed me... I don't even know why I felt guilty. Burning tears were prickling at my eyes, but I didn't want to face Jungkook when I was crying.

Whilst feeling that way, I could feel Jungkook's finger cup under my chin as he gently lifted my face up, a hot mess of tears and slight makeup streaks

"Ya, Eunsol-ah, why you cry?" Jungkook's mouth erupted into a tiny smile.

"I'm so sorry," I whimpered and pulled him into a tight hug, not wanting to let go. A tight knot was stuck in my throat as thoughts of Jungkook being heart broken at such a young age crammed themselves in my head

"Eunsol-ah..." Jungkook whispered in my ear.

"Mm?" I pulled away slowly, facing him.

"I think I love..." he stopped for a minute, biting his lower lip which glistened, "I love you."

My heart stopped, halting it's uneven rhythm as the knot in my throat tightened further

"W-W-What?" I stuttered endlessly with just one word.

"I sorry, it not right me saying after you first week..." he looked down guiltily, but looked up again not long after with a small smile, "I think you should know," despite the idea of only knowing the guys for a week, I couldn't help but be hypnotised by their smooth manoeuvres. Korean guys sure are a lot more swifter than those in England...

"J-Jungkook... I'm not sure if it's oka-," I was suddenly cut off as Jungkook rammed his lips onto mine, hot tears streaming past them and onto mine. Every part of my body froze, and no circulation passed through any part of me. I felt flustered, but at the same time I felt the desperate force in Jungkook's lips, as he moved his lips against mine, ever so slightly. What should I do?! He's hurt, and he probably doesn't know what he's doing...

He pushed me further onto the bench, causing me to gasp. He stopped and pulled away, "joesong haeyo, joesonghabnida," he whispered, more tears welling up in his eyes.

"Jungkook..." I sighed, holding his hands in my lap, "it's okay... just keep your head on your shoulders okay?"

"Mwo?" He mumbled, a confused expression washing over his face.

"There's better girls than me. We can't possibly work," I tried sounding as soft as possible.

"Wae?!" He squeaked, his lips puckering.

"Jungkook," I chuckled, "I'm too old for you... I don't know how it works in Korea, but-."

"Noona," he said abruptly, "age no matter. When you love, you love," his eyes turned serious, and I could tell how compassionate he was about the whole love subject

"I just... don't know how I feel," deep down I hoped he'd understand. I didn't want to hurt him because I could feel his heart throb. In a way, I was happy that Jungkook showed me this side of him; the sort of vunerable, upset Jungkook. It made me feel closer with one of my new friends, and that feeling was precious

"Arasso..." he mumbled, his head lowering into his neck.

"Let's get you home," I said, hauling the both of us up. I linked my arm with his and walked out of the park.

"I make own way, it too far for you," Jungkook said gently.

"But you'll be on your own!" I exclaimed.

"It okay, I walk all time after school," he smiled sweetly, so I couldn't protest further.

"Fine! I'll see you whenever, feel free to bring everyone to the cafe!" I mused with a beaming smile. I embraced him tightly, in attempt of showing him how sympathetic and understanding I was

Both waving goodbye, I watched Jungkook fade away into the darkness as the lamp posts no longer lit the path for him. I feel so bad... was it really a good idea for me to come to Seoul?