Swayed by Tae

Girl meets Boy

"Nega mwohago issdago saeng-gaghani?" I heard the familiar deep voice beside me, making my whole insides shiver. I looked up daringly at Taehyung's face, not seeing the same person there anymore. His eyes became dark as if they could devour something; the whole atmosphere became serious as his straight face glared at the girl.

"Geunyeoneun choboja-ege neomu geonbangjin!" The girl squealed, struggling to release herself from Taehyung's domineering grasp. Why can't I just understand what they're saying?!

"Geuge chungbunhi joh-eun byeonmyeong-ilago saeng-gaghani?" Taehyung's voice was cool and heartless, like he could slaughter everyone around him. I just remained silent and dormant by his side; not daring to make him even more frustrated.

By this stage, everyone from the cafeteria had gathered to watch the tense drama that had begun, and with it being my first day here, I felt slightly out of place. 

"Geunyang dagchyeo! Nal pul-eo jwo!" The girl screeched, tugging herself from Taehyung's grip. I could see tears forming in her eyes as she stood there like a porcelain doll being shattered. 

"Nega dasi geunyeoleul golla naemyeon, nega huhoehalgeoya!" Taehyung suddenly bellowed, his voice roared through the hallway, even making me wobble at my knees. That girl must be totally humiliated now...

All of her girlfriends including her, ran off in squeals. Everybody was whispering until the bell went. They all dissipated to their classes immediately. I probably should go too.

About to walk away, someone pulled me back. It was Taehyung, "don't go..." his eyes looked pleading, yet his voice made it sound more commanding. 

"Why? I need to get to less--" I was quickly shut up when he embraced me in a hug. My heart missed its rhythmic pulse, my eyes stitched back. Why does everything have to be overbearing on my first day? 

"I sorry this happen to you," Taehyung's voice was now soft and mellow as he pulled away, "I don't like see you hurt."

"Kim Taehyung!" I snapped (purely out of shock), "you've known me one day! One day, and you're already acting like a close friend," I stepped back and looked down, "it isn't normal..." I looked up again, to see his face calculating everything I just said. I gave him a moment, trying to calm my heart down.

"Eunsol-ah..." he was almost whispering now, "sorry," his eyes were sincere and I suddenly felt bad, a pang of doubt hitting my heart like a ton of bricks. I was about to say something, but he'd already walked past me. 

"God damn it Hannah!" I yelled, stamping my feet, "put your pride and defenses out of the way!" I let out a raspy groan as I made my way to the cafeteria, collecting my bag. I checked my timetable, and I now had dance, "ah great, late to my third lesson on my first day," I slumped and made my way out of the cafeteria, not having a clue where I was going.

"Lim Eunsol," I heard a soft voice say behind me. I turned around slowly, greeted by the doll face Park Jimin. I gave him a weak smile before carrying on walking.

"Ya!" He squealed and caught up to me, "what you have?"

"Dance," I replied bluntly.

"Me too!" He exclaimed, clinging onto my arm. For some reason I felt completely terrible. Terrible for being selfish and being an ungrateful cow to Taehyung who had stuck up for me.

"What up?" Jimin asked, stopping me and looking me in the eyes earnestly. 

"Park Jimin; this is my first day, and I've already upset one of your friends," I looked down at my feet, trying to contain my hate for myself. 

Everything was silent for a moment until Jimin piped up, "make up to TaeTae!" I looked up and saw Jimin smiling brightly, "Tae good at forgiving." With that he tugged me to the changing room. Ah god damn it, I forgot to bring anything for changing into!

"You not have clothes?" Jimin obviously saw my expression and giggled, "no worry, I have spare," he quickly dashed into one of the changing rooms, leaving me wondering whether I should apologise to Taehyung, or just act as if nothing happened.

"Here! Might be big," he handed me a t-shirt with some shorts. I laughed to myself. 

"Mwo?" He grumbled. 

"These will probably fit me..." I looked up at him, in hope of him catching on; however he just stared at me blankly. I sighed, "you're the same size as me! I'll have no problem fitting in these!"

"Ya!" Jimin screeched, slightly slapping my arm and pouting. I gave him a quick hug before dashing into the changing room, hoping that he didn't take my comment too seriously.