Café Bene Place

Girl meets Boy

The conversation started picking up after a while. The lady was extremely polite, and asked reasonable questions, whereas her husband just sat there and smiled sweetly, as if he knew everything we were saying in English. 

"So, young girl," the woman suddenly faced me, having to turn around 180 degrees. "I not know your name."

"Oh, it's Hannah Worthy," I said plainly, letting off a small smile. 

"Pretty name, but need to have Korean name now," her face suddenly furrowed as she thought of something. "Park? No, no... Lee?" She started mumbling random words that I didn't understand. "Lim! Lim be your last name," the woman's face lit up. 

"Lim?" My dad questioned, uncertain of this short adaption of our last name.

"Yes, has strong ancestry background," the woman stated confidently. She suddenly looked at me intently, "Eunsol..."

"Pardon?" I questioned.

"Your first name... Eunsol. Lim Eunsol," she smiled, and her husband roared in appreciation. 

"What does that mean?" My mum asked, quite confused.

"Eunsol means independence. I see her to have creative nature," the woman smiled at me. "She also have ambition to complete missions that may seem impossible." With that she started discussing my parents' Korean names.

Independence huh? Well, I couldn't lie and say it was a bad name, but it would take me some time to introduce myself as Lim Eunsol. 

 

"We arrive!" The man piped up gazing at the building with a 'SOLD' sign next to it, "it very nice."

Vacating the car, me my mum and dad thanked the lady and her husband before being left standing in front of our new home. 

"I think it's picture time," mum said excitedly, taking her camera out. I sighed and stood next to her and dad as the picture was taken.

"Then let's enter our new home!" Dad beamed and jingled the keys in front of my face. The door was unlocked and we all stepped inside. There was still a strong aroma of coffee lingering in the shop and I inhaled it delightedly. 

"I thought there'd need to be more work done to this place..." mum said thoughtfully, "it's all in pretty good shape, don't you think?" Dad agreed and ran his hand across the bar.

"Shall I go check upstairs?" I asked, already making my way to the stairs, which I assumed would be where we would be living. 

 

Finally able to haul my suitcase on the last step I went and checked every room. The wooden planks as the floor were shining and creaked with nearly every step I took; the rooms were a relatively medium size, apart from the bathroom, which could only just fit in the necessities. There was a small space for the living room with a cute fireplace and a hallway sized kitchen. It's liveable I guess... but that's not what matter I guess I thought to myself. Picking out my room, I left my suitcase beside the bed and went downstairs. 

"How's the upstairs?" My mum asked. 

"It's liveable." I stated simply. She just nodded, until a knock came on the shop door.