I saw 'it'

The forbidden love

“You are not done with the assignment I gave you? Stay behind and finish it before going home!” Min Ho said in a strict way. The rest of the colleagues quickly packed up, took their belongings and made their way to the laboratory door. “Bye bye! “ Tae Min whispered and waved slightly to Onew while ensuring that he is not caught by Min Ho. “ Still not leaving? “ Min Ho asked them. “Leaving, leaving! Bye bye Hyung ~ “Jong Hyun said before they scampered off. “ I will go do my things. You better finish your assignment within the next hour! “Min Ho instructed and entered the ‘forbidden’ room.

“Geez.”  Onew whispered and continued reluctantly. Suddenly, Onew heard a shriek from the ‘forbidden’ room. He quickly rushed to the outside of the room and knocked on it. “Min Ho? Are you ok? What’s going on inside?”  Onew asked worriedly. Then, the door flung open and Min Ho exited. Before Onew could stole a glance of what is inside, Min Ho closed it behind him. Onew saw Min Ho using his left hand, grasping tightly on his right arm as if he is injured. “Are you alright?” Onew asked. Min Ho nodded before making his way out of the laboratory, towards the washroom.

Onew shrugged his shoulders and when he was about to return to his work desk, he realised something: The door is not fully closed. A thought struck him. “I will just steal a glance. Just one glance!” Onew timidly pushed open the door and what was before him made him stood rooted to the ground. His eyes widened as he slowly moved forward to the glass enclosure. He saw a blue creature, lying in it with its eyes open. Those eyes were sparkling, staring straight into his. It seemed to be tearing… like a human?

“What the heck are you doing here?!”  Min Ho shouted at the top of his voice, unlike the other times when he shouted, this time he is really upset. Onew was taken aback and jumped slightly upon hearing Min Ho. “Wh-hat is this thing?” Onew asked in a trembling voice. “Aish, what the hell is this? Didn’t we tell you to stay out of this room? “Min Ho said as he placed his hand on his forehead and turned to the back. After recovering from the shock, Onew realised what he has just did. “I am so-ory. I didn’t mean to... I was ju-ust curious…” Onew apologised and attempted to explain himself.

“What? Curious? Geez. I am going crazy! You... STAY RIGHT HERE! I WILL BE BACK SOON.” Min ho said as he exited the room with his phone in his hand. After Min Ho slammed the door behind him, Onew turned back and scruntinised the blue creature again. This time, he is certain. The creature …cried? He moved closer to the glass enclosure and squatted in front of it. “What are you? “ Onew asked it. He didn’t know why but he just felt that it may be able to reply him.

After a few seconds, the creature just stared back at the guy in white robe. Suddenly, the door flung open. “You brat! Wh-hy did …” Professor Lee stopped when he saw Onew and the creature. Onew hurriedly stood up, bowed and apologised. “Do you think a sorry is sufficient at this moment…?” Min Ho reprimanded but was interrupted by Professor Lee who held up his hand, signaling to Min Ho to stop.  “Oh, Onew… It’s okay. Come on. Get up and talk.” Professor Lee smiled and held Onew up.

“You forgive me?” Onew asked in a scared tone. “Haha…What’s done cannot be undone isn’t it? Now let me tell you what… From now on, you will follow Min Ho to assist me in the research of this creature. “Professor Lee said with a wide smile on his face. “Can I ask you something?” Onew asked. Professor Lee nodded his head slightly for approval. “What is this thing here? And why is this research work kept from us?” Onew asked a few questions at a go. “Okay, one by one. Firstly, this thing is an unknown creature so far. Therefore we will be doing a research to certain the class it belongs to. Secondly, this research group is funded by an organisation which required us to keep the research work confidential. But now since you know it already, I will just add you into the research group and inform them. You are not allowed to disclose anything about this research to anyone. If you promise, sign this document.” Professor Lee explained and hand Onew a file he took from the lab drawer. Onew opened the document and signed at the blank provided.

Author's Note:
Hope you like it (: