The rescue plan(s)

The forbidden love

After some time, Onew felt the truck door open. Once again, he took a deep breath to calm himself down and held it in. “Oh god. I pray to you that I won’t be discovered and we will be fine.” Onew did a silent prayer. He is seriously scared. “Move it up, to the left side so that we can sit on the right. Faster.” A voice said. They dropped something into the truck and climbed in. “Phews. This blue thing is really heavy huh? “A deep voice complained. “Especially that big glass enclosure. Phews.” Another voice said.

Suddenly, Onew felt a sound above the box. “Are they going to open it?!” Onew thought to himself. He clenched his fists tight and closed his eyes. After some time, there were no movements. “Chey. “ Onew thought to himself. The man merely rested his hand on the box. After god knows how long,  there was some commotion in the truck. “Come on, get down to work.” Onew heard a man said. He felt the truck shook as the men jumped off and moved something down.

“They got off? Bringing it along?” Onew thought to himself. He timidly lifted open the box flap and peeped.  There was no one in the truck. He got out of the box and looked through the small gap left behind by the unclosed truck door. “Coastal clear. “ Onew thought to himself. He pushed open the door and slowly got off. After closing the door behind him, he sneaked into the building in front of him. Upon entering, he saw two security guards.

“Crap.” He thought to himself. Onew recomposed himself and pretended to be one of the workers. He straighted his suit and walked smartly.The two security guards walked towards him and stopped in front of him. “Pass?” One of them demanded. “I left… it in my car.” Onew smartly lied. “You know the rules. Go and get it please.” The other security guard said. Onew nodded and turned back. He quickly shuffled his steps and left the building. “That was close. What’s up with the high security?” Onew thought to himself.

“There is no way i can get in without a pass.” Onew muttered and turned back to take a good look of the building. He then continued walking. He walked around the building. There is no way he can climb into it. There are no windows, only glass panels. Plan A failed. They don’t call for fried chicken delivery. Plan B failed.  Then, he looked at a group of people getting off the van. “Oh no, boss. Mika sneaked away again. Ray is sick. We are short of people. How? “One of the workers asked. “Aish. This girl!” A man said in a loud voice.

“This is my chance!” Onew thought. “Erm… Hi? I was thinking…” Onew said but was interrupted immediately. “I was thinking, boy. I am not in the right mood now. If you are looking for directions can you find others?” The boss said in an impatient tone. “No. I am not asking for directions. I am looking for a job. And it seems like you all are short of people for now? “Onew quickly explained. The boss scanned Onew from head to toe. “I am really strong. I can do anything!” Onew added and showed his muscles.

“I guess there is no other option? Pass him the uniform and Ray’s pass.” The man said to his worker. “Thank you. I will do well.” Onew thanked and bowed delightfully. Plan C succeeded. Onew quickly changed into the uniform in the van and got out. “Let’s go.” The man said and started walking. Onew was then handed a pail of cleaning materials. The man settled the admin stuff with the security guards and leaded the way. Onew looked down as he walked past the security guard, hoping that they won’t recognise him.

“Ray. Walk faster and catch up!” The cleaning company boss said to Onew. “So. Today we are in charge of levels 1-21. We are only given 2hours to clean up. So you, you and you are in charge of level 1-9. You, you and I are in charge of level 10-20. Ray and Drake you are in charge of level 21, the lab.” The man ordered his men. “Yes, boss.” The workers said in sync. “Lab? This is totally my lucky day.” Onew thought to himself.

“Check your watch. It is 5pm now. We will meet back at 7pm. Go to your respective levels. Do a good job cleaning, I don’t want any complaints.” The man continued. “Ding.” The lift reached and opened. The cleaners then quickly stepped aside to make way for those workers who have knocked off. The people then quickly entered the lift before it closed. Everyone was dispatched to their respective levels and now only Onew and Drake were in the lift. “What is your name?” Drake asked with a smile. “Ray.” Onew was still in his act. “I mean…real name.” Drake said and laughed.

“Oh. Onew.” Onew said. He was worried and couldn’t concentrate. “So what is plan D now?” Onew thought in his mind. The lift door opened and the two stepped out. “Hi. We are from the cleaning company. “Drake bowed and said to the receptionist of the level. Onew followed suit and bowed too. Onew saw how the smartly dressed lady tapped her card at the sensor before the glass door slide open.

The two bowed and entered the lab. There were not much people left behind. Only one or two people were still around. “Let’s start. Since you are new, you be in charge of the vacuum cleaning. I will do the lab table cleaning.” Drake ordered Onew. Onew nodded and held onto the vacuum cleaner. He wasn’t sure how to operate it so he just played around with the buttons. After some time, he finally started. As he moved around the lab with the vacuum cleaner, he took the chance to look for her.

However, she was nowhere in sight. There is only one probability. She is in that room with a metal door. Onew quickly cleaned and asked one of the lab workers there. “Is it possible for you to open that room so that I can clean inside?” Onew said. “I guess you are new. That room doesn’t need cleaning. And even I don’t know the passcode to that room. “The man said and continued with his work.

Onew nodded and moved away. That room must be where they hide her. “Okay. We have just gotten the information of where is the island. We will be bringing it along and setting off from the Port of Ulsan at 7pm tomorrow. Ok. So it will be Yatch number...3770. I understand… I will do a good job. Thank You.” A man exited from the metal door room. Onew recognised him. He was the man that spoke to Professor Lee from before.

Onew quickly took a mental note of his conversation. “Port of Ulsan. Tomorrow 7pm. Yatch number 3770.” Onew remembered. As the man had never seen him before, he just walked past Onew without any suspicion. “Onew. Are you done? I am almost done here. Let’s go down and help the others.” Drake said. Onew nodded happily and followed him.

Two hours passed since 5pm and the cleaning company withdrew from the company and returned to the van. “Young lad. It seems like you performed kind of well today. I decided to recruit you officially. Welcome to our company. “The boss said with a smile and extended his hand. “I am so sorry. But I am not interested anymore. “Onew said. He then quickly dropped the pass and ran off with his clothes. “Our uniform, you brat!” Onew heard him scream from afar.

After running for some distance, Onew stopped and looked behind to ensure that the man did not follow. “Phews. “ He wiped off his sweat and went to a toilet nearby to change out of the ugly uniform. “Growls.” His stomach protested. “I shall go for some dinner and think of Plan E.” Onew thought to himself and headed towards a shop with a big stand board outside which stated: Fried Chicken on sales. Chicken has always been his favourite regardless whether it is fried, boiled, steamed or anything. After finishing his last piece of chicken, he came up with Plan E. “So… Plan E : Sneak onto the Yatch and plan Plan F.” Onew concluded.

Auhor's note:
Nothing much happened in this chapter. Nonetheless, hope you like it (: