The End

The forbidden love

It is night time already. The two sat on the beach with rumbling stomachs. The small fishes they caught from the sea and roasted were barely enough to fill their stomachs. “Do you think we will spend the rest of our lives here?” She asked as she turned and looked at Onew. “Maybe? Perhaps years down the road… we will give up on waiting here and build a house of our own. And maybe we can live together.” Onew said and smiled to himself at the thought of it. Living together on a stranded island, away from all the politics and urban pollution did not seem like a bad idea after all.

As the two sat by the fire which slowly burnt the remains of the wood, danger was slowly approaching unknowingly. The stars were twinkling as the moon shone on the two sleeping on the beach. Hours later, it was the sun rise already. Onew opened his bleary eyes slightly and sat up. Stretching his hands into the cool air, he yawned. “It is a new day already. Wonder how is luck today…” Onew thought to himself as he watched the sun rise.

“It is beautiful, isn’t it? It is the as pretty as the one I used to see on my island…” She said in a slightly sad tone and faked a smile. “You miss them, don’t you? “ Onew gave a sympathetic look and asked. She nodded her head slightly. “But if you loved them, why would you lead the way to bring them to your island? You do know that they have ulterior motives, don’t you?” Onew asked. “I really love them. I was lying when I said I will bring them to the island. I intended to run away when we reach the random island I pointed to.”  She explained.

Onew nodded his head and felt a sense of relief knowing that she didn’t intend to sacrifice her family for herself. “Oh! Look! There is a ship!!” Onew jumped up and shouted. He was exhilarated. That was the first passing ship they have saw since the long wait. The two of them waved and shouted excitedly, hoping to catch the attention of the passing ship. Through the mist, they vaguely saw the ship steering towards them.

“It is coming towards us! Look!” Onew tapped her and said. “Oh. No. Wait! They are the people! Run ~” She screamed and held onto Onew. Leaving the survival bag behind, the two took their flight as the ship neared the coast. “After them!” One of the men ordered. As she had barely regained her mobility, the escape pace was badly slowed. Onew cradled her and ran with all his might. The men were following closely behind and shouting.

“Bang!” A gun shot was heard. Onew ducked at the sound of the shot. “Stop. Before I shoot.” Onew heard a voice behind him. He slowly turned his back and faced the man. It was the man who talked to Professor from before. After a few seconds, the other men caught up behind him and surrounded the two. “Damn. We are dead meat.” Onew thought. Suddenly, another two figure that appeared caught Onew’s eyes.

“Min Ho? Professor?” Onew said with a confused look on his face. “Put it down. “ The man continued. Onew carefully let her down with his eyes on the man. “Grab him.” The man ordered. Two men ran forward and held onto Onew, pulling him back. “What are you all doing? What do you want?!” Onew shouted as he struggled.  “We are on an order to kill this thing. The word of a speaking creature has leaked out and complications have arisen. Procedure and law problems are surfacing so we are ordered to suspend everything before matters get worse. Professor, if I shoot this will it affect it being a specimen in future?” the man said.

“What?! No you can’t do this. Stop! What are you saying? This doesn’t make sense!” Onew shouted and swung his head, attempting to loosen their grip. Professor Lee shook his head, suggesting that it would not affect it being a specimen next time. The man then raised his gun and took his aim at it. She closed her eyes, knowing that the time finally came. “No. Please! Just stop! “Onew shouted as tears fell out of his eyes.

“Bang!” A bullet flew out of the gun and pierced through the air. “Aaah!~” A voice screamed. The bullet went through the raw skin and buried itself in the flesh. Onew was standing there with his hands wide open. He managed to break free of the men by stepping on their shoes at the moment when the man shot. Without a second thought, he ran towards her and took the shot. Everyone was shocked. The sudden change of events left a deadly silence in the air.

She slowly opened her eyes but to see Onew kneeling before her with his hands opened to protect her. “Onew! No! Why?!” She screamed and held onto him. “Be..cause… I lo..ve yo..u ..” Onew stuttered and smiled. She started to cry. Hurriedly, she placed her hands above his wound, hoping to ease the profuse bleeding. The wound was close to the heart, she knew deep down that he would not make it.

Seconds after Onew said the three words, he collapsed sideways. He was unconscious because of the extreme pain. However, sooner or later he will be dead. The man swallowed his saliva and raised his gun again. “Please…I beg of you to give me a minute. I just want to tell Onew something. Please~” She pleaded. The man ignored and continued taking his aim. “Just a minute.” A hand placed above the gun and pushed it down. The shooter turned and saw Min Ho’s face.

He turned back and saw Onew lying on the ground. Then, he kept his gun and turned around, away from the scene. She quickly scrambled towards Onew and held him up. “I am sorry. It is all because of me that you… Everything will be alright soon. I didn’t manage to say this before. I love you too. I really do. I know you can hear me. So please hold on…” She whispered into his ears. Slowly, she leaned forward towards Onew with her eyes closed and gave him a light kiss on his lips. A tear escaped from her eyes and fell onto Onew’s cheeks.

Suddenly, the whole forest was blinded with white lights.

*Flashback of ‘it’ *

“Daddy~ Tell me a story! Or else I won’t sleep.” A blue little girl pleaded.

“Okay. Just one and you must promise daddy to go to sleep. “ The blue adult said to the little girl who was lying on her bed. She nodded and hooked pinkies with her father.

“A long, long time ago… A little girl from our island wanted to leave and explore the world outside. So this courageous girl wandered off alone into the hideous outside world. She met a lot of dangers, hardship and pain. However, there was this man who belongs to the human race. He protected her through all these and so they fell in love. However, one day the man was badly injured. “

“Why? Then what happened to him?” The little girl asked with teary eyes.

“He was dying. But the little girl from our island gave him a kiss of true love. So… time went back to before they met and the guy was revived. He then continued with his life and became extremely successful. “  The man continued.

“But… What happen to the girl who kissed him?” The little girl sat up and asked.

“She vanished.” His father looked into his daughter’s watery eyes and said.

“Does the man remember her?” She asked in a sad tone.

“Come on my little girl. This is just a story. Don’t think too much into it. Go on and sleep.” Her father said and laid her down.

The little girl obediently closed her eyes and went to dreamland.

*End of flashback*

 

 “The atmosphere here is weird. Really weird.”  Onew thought to himself. He walked around the laboratory and scruntinised those specimens in the glass bottles one by one. They are really rare organisms. He saw a triple-headed sea snake, a fish-looking organism that had body parts resembling human limbs and many other strange creatures. He was truly amazed at the series of collection they had here. Just then, the laboratory door flung open.

“Oh. Hi everyone! I am Onew. Please take care of me. I will do my best.” Onew said with a smile and bowed to the people in white coats. “So this is our new colleague, Onew. Today is his first day. Allow me to introduce to you your colleagues. This is Jong Hyun, Min Ho, Suzy, Tae Min and Key.” Professor Lee introduced.

After a round of introduction, everybody got down to work. Onew followed behind Min Ho who he is assigned to as mentor by Professor. Suddenly, a door at the side of the lab caught his eyes. Onew had a strange feeling when he saw the room. “That room… What is it for?” Onew asked Min Ho. “That is our storage room. You can put your belongings there next time.” Min Ho said in a cold tone. “Oh, I see. Thank you.” Onew said and looked away, not paying much attention.

Everything was forgotten, leaving behind no trace in the trail of memory. It was as if nothing took place before. It was forgotten. The struggle was forgotten. The love was forgotten…

 

Author's note:
This is the end of 'The forbidden love'. Thank you very much to all the readers( Silent ones or those who commented.) Special thanks to subscribers too. Do leave a comment at the bottom (: Love you subscribers:

shawol4eva_15
hanzxxx
astic
LittleJay
Pistachio
Sayuri03

You can try reading my other fan fics: Petals of the rose  and My Robotic Boyfriend if you are interested too. :D
Bye bye~