Chapter 2 - Change

There's Only You

 

 

As soon as I got home I quickly ran to my room. I locked myself in the room and I did nothing but cried in the room for hours. Though he didn’t say it, his eyes show how much he missed me. How much he suffered for all this while. I don’t know how that person can be so mean towards us, can’t she see that Hyukjae is suffering too right now?

I reached for my phone and dialed Sunny’s number. Sunny is my best friend, the one who I trust a lot. She knows everything about this, she knows all of my problems. Sometimes it feels like she’s my other half.

“Fany! Why did you call?” she asked me with her cheerful voice. She’s always this happy. How I wish I can be as happy as she is.

Sometimes I do envy her so much. We’re so much different. She’s a very cheerful girl, she knows how to get along with others well. Her cute side is always that adorable. Her love life is perfect too. Her boyfriend, named Sungmin, is a very good guy and a good friend of mine. My best guy friend.

Well, Hyukjae and I used to be like that too before. Until the day that I told him that I’m breaking up with him. Sungmin is a good friend of Hyukjae too though. He’s Hyukjae’s housemate. We always spend time together before, but now, it’s just impossible.

“I’m bored,” I replied to her. Not really though, I’m not bored, I just feel lonely.

“You want me to come over? I can sleep at your place tonight!”

“You sure Sunny? Please do come over! I’m bored here,”

“Sure, give me an hour and I’ll be right in front of your apartment!”

We hung up the call then. This is why I love her so much. She always know when I need her. She never leave me alone, all of the time. There are times when I feel that Sunny is actually my sister by blood. The way she treat me, it’s just so special. I can feel her love towards me. She acts like my older sister when I’m having problems but she’s always the childish Sunny, who acts like a little kid.

 


“You met him at the park? You guys didn’t talk to each other? At all?” Sunny looks so shocked. Her eyes widen upon hearing about me bumping into Hyukjae at the park this evening.

“Yes. I don’t know Sunny! I wish I can just tell him everything, but I promised her. I can’t do that to her. She’s Hyukjae’s mom after all. I know she wants the best for him,”

Apparently, the main problem in our relationship now is Hyukjae’s mother. She met me one day, asking me to leave Hyukjae. I was surprised at first, I thought she was okay with me. All of the time when we met each other, she treats me well. I never thought that she don’t like me. I asked her why is that and her answer somehow break my heart even more. She told me that I’m not good enough for Hyukjae. I tried to convince her that Hyukjae will be happy with me, I will try my hardest to make him happy. But she keeps on asking me to leave Hyukjae. In the end, I just can’t fight her back. I told her I’ll leave Hyukjae and it satisfied her.

So that’s why I decided to really break up with Hyukjae. I didn’t do it on purpose, I will never do it. I love him so much. My life revolves around him and only him. He is my everything, he means the world to me.

“I told you before to not agree with whatever she said, Fany! Look now, you’re hurting like mad, even Hyukjae is hurt now,” Sunny’s voice woke me up from the thoughts. I realized that, I am hurting my heart, and hurting Hyukjae, but I can do nothing at all. This is his mother’s decision, all by herself. I am the person who are supposed to agree to her because no matter how I tried to fight back, his mother will still win in this.

“I don’t know Sunny. I love him, but what else can I do? That’s his mother’s request. She told me that she got someone else for Hyukjae. I can’t go against her, at least not her. Hyukjae loves his mother so much, I don’t want to be disrespectful to the person who means the world to Hyukjae,” I explained. I can feel that tears are going to stream down on my cheeks.

“How do you now she’s the right person for him? Fany, he’s only happy when he’s with you. No other. Not some other random girl that his mom thought will be his ideal girl! The only person  who is in his mind is you, Fany,”

My tears finally dropped. Sunny leaned in closer to me and hugged me tightly while patting my back. She’s trying her hardest to comfort me. It’s not the first time though. She’s always been the person who comforted me, other than  Hyukjae. She’s always been the one who comforted me when I feel like breaking down, just like now.

“Hush Fany, hush. I don’t know if I should tell you this, but, Sungmin told me yesterday that Hyukjae missed you so much, Fany. He was drunk last night and he keeps on calling your name. I don’t know what’s happening to our Hyukjae. He’s just not the Hyukjae we know before. His vows to not drink... He looks okay on the outside, but he’s definitely not,”

By hearing that, it breaks my heart more. I am the one to be blame. I am the person who caused this heart break. I wish Sungmin can comfort Hyukjae, the way Sunny is comforting me. Hyukjae never drinks before. Never ever. Though it’s impossible for me to believe it at first, I know there’s no reason for Sunny and Sungmin to lie to me about Hyukjae drinking. I know they’re saying the truth. What have I done.

“He didn’t drink that much right?” I asked Sunny worriedly.

“No, he gets drunk easily. Don’t worry. I think you should explain all of this to him, Fany. He’s lost, he don’t why what’s the reason for you to leave him like that,”

I keep quiet. It’s hard. It’s not that easy. How I wish I can just go to him and let everything out. But honestly, I am hurt when I know he started to drink now. What happened to his vows to me that he will never drink alcohol? This is not my Hyukjae.

 


Sorry for the late update. I'll update real soon. I'll try though cause I got class tomorrow. 

Subscribe & don't forget to comment! :D