Chapter 5 - Breaks Down

There's Only You

 

“Hyukjae! I was about to just now but she fell so I helped her up,” the girl said while pointing her fingers at me. I can hear the footsteps getting louder as the person walks closer towards us.

“Miss, do you need any help?” soon as he finished the question, he was standing right in front of me. I looked at him with a blank expression. I just shook my head. I can see his shocked expression. Maybe he didn’t expect that I’ll meet his fiancee at the lobby.

“I guess we’ll leave first since my fiance is here. See you again, miss. Please take care,” the girl stood up and patted my shoulder before the both of them walked towards the elevator, hand in hand.

First, it was his mother. And now, his fiancee. I know I’ve had enough. I know she’s nice, but the fact that he found someone, it’s unacceptable for me. I sat there for almost an hour while gathering back my strength. Fortunately that I was at the corner so others can’t really see me. I feel so weak that I can’t even stand. My heart, is in such a pain. Honestly, I feel like dying now. I can’t see the reason for me to live anymore.

I walked slowly to the elevator, and went back to my apartment. As I entered the apartment and locked it, I fell to the floor again while leaning on the door. I cried and I can’t stop, ignoring all of the things around me. I heard my phone rings and as I reached for it, I can see Sunny’s name on the screen. She keeps on calling me, maybe she’s worried because I don’t usually ignore her calls.

I seriously can’t think of anything. My mind is blank now. I can see that he’s finally happy, though it’s with someone else. The thought of it kills me. I was lying. I was lying that I can forget him. I was lying that I won’t come back to him because I know I will. I was lying that I already let him go while I can’t do it at all. I walked to the kitchen, pulled out a drawer at the kitchen shelf and took out a bottle of sleeping pills.

No one knows about this, but I’ve been depending on the pills. When I can’t sleep at night, I had to take the pills. No one knows, not even Sunny. I don’t think I am in my right mind now, but I can’t stop. I took the pills from the bottle without counting it, and I took a glass filled with water and just swallowed the pills. This is not me, this is not Tiffany. I did it, without realizing all of this.

I never thought a guy can ever do this to me. What is so powerful about him? Why does he have such a big influence in my life. Why does it hurts to much to see him with another person? Why can’t I feel the happiness too. Why must his mother gets into the picture? Why, why me?

I heard the knock on my door. I tried to get up but still, I keeps on falling. I can’t breathe properly now. It feels so tight to even breathe now. I started to feel dizzy and I can’t move my body. The only person who comes to my mind was him. I wish someone will come and help me now, but I wish that someone is him. I can’t see anything after that. I feel like I was put off to sleep. Will it be... forever?



 

I heard someone’s crying. The voice is so familiar to my ears. The person who I considered as my family member. It hurts me to hear her crying. She was sobbing so hard and I heard another voice keeps on telling her to calm down. I know she’s worried and scared. I wish I can just open my eyes and run to her, tell her that I’m fine. But no, I’m not actually fine.

My body hurts so much. My head is in such a great pain. I can’t open my eyes, I don’t have any strength left. I feel like dying. God, why didn’t you just take me away. Why do I have to live? I was in such pain that I let out a weak cry from my mouth.

“Tiffany, Tiffany! Please wake up, please,” she started to sob harder.

“Sunny, calm down. I’ll call the doctor,” it’s Sungmin’s voice. Not long after that I heard someone came into the room. The doctor was checking on me and asked Sunny and Sungmin to leave the room first.

“Tiffany, why did you do this? I know that you’re depressed but didn’t you think about the others? Your friend has been crying for days and she never leave this room. Don’t you feel sorry to her?” I know the doctor’s voice. She’s my personal doctor, who is actually my late parent’s good friend.

It took me about five minutes to finally open my eyes. I was looking blankly at the doctor. I know she doesn’t expect this from me. I didn’t too. I wasn’t me that time. I was just a girl, who feels like giving up in everything because of a guy. I know I am stupid, but I can’t help it. The doctor left a few minutes later when she see that I won’t reply to her. She knows me too well.

Sunny then entered the room and went straight to my bed. She looks pale, she looks sick too. How this breaks my heart too. Why did I do all of that, now look what happened to my best friend? A tear dropped from my eyes when I saw her. She’s not the same Sunny, she’s not the bright Sunny. Her eyes are swollen, red and wet. Why do I have to hurt her this much?

She took my hand and hold it tightly. She took a seat next to the bed and rests her chin on the bed. I forced myself to smile but I can’t. I was just able to curve a little smile to her.

“Don’t do this again, Fany. Don’t make me worried please! I was knocking on your door like a mad girl but you didn’t open the door. I had to ask Sungmin to breaks the door and we finally saw you on the floor. You don’t know how worried I was at that time, Fany,”

I replied to her with a thankful stare. I tighten the grip of our hands. I feel tired, I can’t open my eyes then I started to fall asleep again. I wish I can talk to Sunny, I hope she’s not worried about me this much. It’s all my fault, I should be the one who’ll face this alone, not with her.



 

I am definitely sorry for the freaking depressing chapter. Well, I can promise you it won't be that long. It's going to end soon though. Don't worry! 

Do comment and subscribe!