Chapter 3 - Drunk

There's Only You

 

I’m going out with Sunny today. I don’t know if Sungmin will be there with her too. I’m okay with both of them though, I’m already used with the two of them. What’s different now is, I am alone. We used to go out, the four of us, but it’s impossible now. We broke up. Everything will never be the same anymore.

As soon as I reached the mall, I went straight away to the cafe where we both promised to meet each other. I ordered my drinks and take a seat at a corner, far enough from others. I need some privacy. I was looking outside the cafe, looking at others passing by the cafe.

I then saw Sunny walking towards me. I waved my hands at her while giving my sweetest smile to her. When she got closer, I saw two men behind her. One is Sungmin, as expected, and the other one, it’s Hyukjae. My smile faded at the exact moment when our eyes meet each other.

He’s shocked too. He suddenly stopped when he saw me and he turned around, but Sungmin held him. I wish I can just disappear now, I wish I can run away from them. But it’s impossible, I’m stuck here at the corner and I got nowhere to run.

“I hope you don’t mind that we brought Hyukjae along with us,” Sunny started. Hyukjae and Sungmin was still standing still, at the same place. I take a look at Hyukjae and our eyes meet. He looks different. There’s no happiness in his face anymore, I can’t see his bright mood anymore.

“Sunny... I-I-I can’t do this. Sorry,” I quickly took my bag and walked away. I walked pass Hyukjae. I am not running away, but I can’t do this. This is hard. I broke his heart, and I can’t imagine how are we going to spend time together now, as a broken couple.

I quickly leave the mall. While waiting for a taxi, I felt someone grabbing my hand and pulled me away. I guess I know who was that. I tried pulling back my hands from that person but he’s stronger than me. He dragged me to his car and drove off.

He drove the car and stopped the car after a few minutes of driving. Here we are, at the top of a hill, and there’s no one else there. Just him, and me.

“Explain,” he finally said something. But it’s not what I wanted to hear from him.

“I don’t have any explanation for anything,” I replied back. Still avoiding him, trying my hardest not to look at his face.

“Liar,” He got out from the car and went to my side, open the door and pulled me out of the car.

“Tell me! You owe me an explanation!” he shouted at me. This is the first time he ever raised his voice to me. His face redden, is he that mad? I looked at him in disbelief.

“I don’t love you anymore. Don’t you get it?” I replied back, trying to gather all of my courage to reply back at his question.

“Stop lying, Fany. I know you still love me. If you really don’t, why would you run away from me just now? You run away because you can’t accept the fact that we’re not a couple anymore right? If you really stopped loving me, what were you doing at the park last week? Stop lying to me, Hwang Tiffany! Stop saying you wanted all of this. If you really do, why would you look so hurt that day? I know it’s not your own decision. Tell me!” he was shouting at him. He lost it. He lost his temper.

Hyukjae is not that kind of person. He don’t usually get mad at others, especially me. He would always be the guy who crack jokes, who always flashes his gummy smile, who always bring the bright mood to everyone else. But this is not the same Hyukjae that I know.

“Shut up, Hyukjae! I told you I did it willingly. Not because of anyone. I don’t love you! I stopped loving you Lee Hyukjae! Why can’t you just...” my words was cut off.

He pulled me into a hug. A tight hug. I was speechless. I didn’t react at all. I just stood there with teary eyes now. This is harder than I ever thought. I can feel that he was shaking, he was trembling. I don’t know if he’s crying right now or not, but I know I am. I finally cried in his hug.

“I miss you. I miss you so much. Why do you have to leave me, Fany? It’s hard to go on with this. I told you I love you so much. How come you have the guts to let me go?” he whispered at me.

I pulled away from him, breaking the hug. I looked at him with a straight face. Tears still streaming down from my eyes.

“Seriously, let me go, Hyukjae. Someone else is waiting for you. Someone who is way better than me. Someone who can give you the happiness, someone who love you more than I ever did,” I replied to him and walked away. Walking down the hill, alone. I was crying as I walked. Few minutes after that I saw his car drove off. I stood still when I saw him passed me by. I fell down and cried. I cried my heart out there, letting everything out.

 


 

I don’t know where my feet are taking me to. I walked and walked until I realized that I just took a step  into a bar and ordered a glass of alcohol. I keep on drinking and adding more and more glasses. I guess I had four shots when I finally feel drunk. I once promised to Hyukjae that I will never ever drink, we both made the vows together. But now, in the end, both of us breaks it.

I forced myself to walk though I fell for multiple of times on my way home. Thank god I still remember the building and I didn’t get lost. I walked weakly, I don’t have any energy and strength left. I am that heartbroken that I feel like I’m breaking apart now. I pushed the elevator button and I got inside the elevator. I pushed the 7th floor button. My apartment is on the 13th floor though. The 7th floor is Hyukjae’s and Sungmin’s apartment. I walked my way to their apartment and I stood there, looking blankly at the door. I was about to ring the bell when I realized what I was about to do. I miss him, I miss my Lee Hyukjae. No matter how hard I tried to remove him away from my mind, it won’t work.

I make my way to the elevator again and I finally pushed the right button and when I reached my apartment I can see three people standing in front of my apartment with worried looks. I smiled at the three of them and at that moment, I felt so weak that I actually passed out. I was half conscious when I almost hit the ground and I felt someone hold me back. After that, everything went blank.

 


I hope you enjoy this update! I'm trying the best to update at least a chapter a day. I'm working on another fanfic, and it's less stressful than this. Hope you guys will anticipate in the next fanfic too anyway. But yeah, gotta finish this first! Don't worry, I've finished this! I'll just need to proofread it first before I finally post it. 

Feel free to subscribe & comment to me!

Though I might not reply to the comment, please remember that I read it!