Chapter 8 - Condition

There's Only You

 

He was still there, still leaning on the door. I can’t see if he’s still crying now or he’s just staring blankly at the floor. Hyukjae is everything but a crybaby. He’s a good man, a perfect guy for me, but he’s still a crybaby. He cried a lot and that hurts me all of the time. Seeing the person you love the most crying, it just won't be a good thing.

I walked to him, hold out my hand to him, and when he looked up at me with a puzzled look, I quickly grabbed his hand. I opened the door, and pulled him with me. We walked hand in hand, until we reached the park. Pushed him to sit down on the bench and I took a seat beside him.

“I’m sorry. I know I’ve hurt you so much, Hyukjae,” I started. I tried to look away, trying the hardest not to look at him because I’ll start crying if I look at him.

“Please don’t do that to your mom. She wants the best for you. It’s not fully her fault. She’s right, I am not good enough for you. Stop coming back to me, don’t hurt your mom. She’s the woman who raised you up for all these times, Hyukkie,” I continued. Though it’s hard to be said, but it’s true. I can’t let him leave his mom, just because of me. No matter how much he loves me, Mrs Lee is still his mother, and the last thing I ever wanted him to do is to go against his mother. I know if he did that, it will break their heart. I don’t mind hurting now than seeing them hurting just because of a girl he fell in love with.

“Don’t you want the best for me too? Are you this blind to see that I don’t need anyone else, but you? Stop lying to yourself, Fany. No matter how much you tried to push me away, can’t you see that I keep on coming back to you?” he stated.

“Hyukjae, stop being so selfish. She’s your mother, why do you wanted to do this so much? Breaks her heart apart just because of me? Don’t be so mean,”

“What about my heart? What about your heart? Are you fool enough to let both of us suffer in the end? It’s not helping any of us. Neither of us will be happy, Fany. Stop, stop pretending to be this fine when you are not. Stop pretending it’s nothing when it actually breaks your heart, over and over again,”

He got the point though. But I can’t say anything to him. I can’t, because everything that he just told me, it’s just so true. I can't argue anymore.

I stood up, trying to walk away. I know I’m going to lose in this. I’m afraid that I’m going to melt by his words and give him another chance. I can’t do that, I promised his mom that I won’t. I told myself that he deserves someone way better than me. Whether I want it or not, I have to stick to that.

He pulled me and embraced me into a hug.  I don’t know what makes me doing this, but I replied to his hug. I put my hands over his waist and I tighten the hug. He’s right, I can never leave him. I’ve been lying to myself for all this while. The thought of us away from each other itself kills me more. I... I can’t let him go. But it's not right.

“I can't do it. I’m not going to accept you unless your mom accept me, Hyukjae,” I finally said. It actually just slipped out from my mouth.

“Fany-ah, I’ll make sure mom will accept you,” he replied confidently. I know he's not, I know he can't change Mrs Lee's mind. He said that, to make both of us satistfied.

“Do that first. When you have your mom’s approval, only then we can go on with this relationship,”

I can’t lie and say this is okay. It's not okay. Yes, I love him. Yes, I want him with me. But after all, he can’t leave his mom just for a girl. He can’t leave someone who raised him for all this time, just for a girl like me. Who am I to be compared to his mother? I’m not even good enough as her.

Upon hearing that, he let go of the hug. And he walked away. I fell on my knees, crying. I know that won’t happen. His mom won’t ever accept me. Why do I have to be that stupid to give him that condition? Maybe I should just let him go.



 

“Tiffany, don’t be so stupid! His mother won’t ever accept you! Why do you have to be this stupid?!”

I ignored Sunny. I don’t really need her opinion to point it out and tell me how stupid I am.

“I’m tired Sunny,” I quickly said, hoping she’ll leave me alone in the house. I just need to be alone now.

“Blame yourself for all of this!” she shouted at me.

“You didn’t know how hurt it is to see you suffer like this Fany! It hurts to know that both of are suffering because of this! Fany-ah, this once, just think about yourself,” Sunny continued with a sad voice.

“I am,” I said and walked into my room.

I am thinking about myself. I don’t want to be involved in a relationship, where the parents never accepts their daughter-in-law. I want to be loved too. It’s been so long since I ever feel the love from my parents. I don’t want Hyukjae to feel bad too, having to leave his mother for a girl like me. It’s not okay.



 

It’s been a month. I don’t know what happened to him now. I miss him dearly. I miss him so much. I tried to carry on with my life, as if nothing happened. I wish I never said that to him. I wish I never gave him that condition. I know Mrs Lee won’t accept me, until the day that I die.

Nothing will change. I will be alone. Maybe I wasn’t meant for anyone. Maybe I am supposed to live alone.

I received a phone call from someone. Someone I never thought will ever rang me anymore.

“Tiffany-ssi, I want to meet you at the cafe. 3 p.m.,”

This is not what I wanted. I can actually expect what will happen to me. I can actually imagine what that person will say to me. This is going to repeat, all over again. As much as I don’t want to go, my two feet still brings me there. I am in front of that person, but this time, it’s different. Everything is different. 



 

I'm really sorry for the late update. This is the second last chapter. I edited something last time because I thought the ending was a bit rushed. But I hope it's not that bad. I hope you'll like it. One more chapter to go, and I'll post a new Hyukfany fanfic :) 

DO COMMENT PLEASE :'D