Chapter 6 - Engagement

There's Only You

 

After hours of sleep, I am finally awake. I feel better though. I closed my eyes again when I heard someone stepped into the room. I know it’s not Sunny or Sungmin because Sunny was right beside me, my hand still intertwined to her hand. And I can hear Sungmin snoring on the couch. Now I feel bad towards him too, he helped me and now he’s accompanying my best friend for days at the hospital.

“Please wake up. Please, I’m sorry for everything. We need to talk, I miss you,” I heard the person said.

Hyukjae. Do we really have anything to talk to each other anymore? I don’t feel like talking to him anymore. I do miss him, but I can’t stand looking at him, knowing that he’s happy with another girl. I stayed still, and soon after that I heard the sound of the door opened and closed. He left. Just like that. Maybe I was actually dreaming. He can’t be coming to the hospital for real, is it?



 

 

I’ve been in the hospital for four days and I can finally go home now. I am feeling better, not as weak as before. I can walk, I can talk, but I don’t talk that much anymore. I’m always lost in my thoughts. I don’t even talk that much to Sunny. Though I can see how disappointed she is towards me, but I can see that she’s happy that I’m getting better.

I am going home alone today, I didn’t tell Sunny and Sungmin that I can finally go home. I just finished packing the bag and right when I was about to pull the door, someone pushed the door from outside. As the door opens, I can see another surprise for me. I wasn’t expecting to see this person again though.  She breaks my heart and now, she’s here to break it again.

If that’s not enough, I can see another person entered the room right after her. I just stared at both of them without saying anything. What are they doing now?

“Sorry to hear about you, Miss Hwang. I didn’t know you were that affected with the news,” the older woman started. I shut my mouth. I took a glance at the girl beside her, the one who helped me before. She looks confused, I don’t know if she knows what’s going on with me and this older woman.

“Let me introduce you to Yuri, my son’s fiancee,” she introduced her to me. I bowed my head towards the girl named Yuri and flashes a smile towards her. She’s nice, I can see that she’s not planning all of this with Hyukjae’s mother.

“Sorry, Mrs Lee and Yuri, I have to go now. The taxi already waited for me downstairs,” I bowed again to them and left. I should just run away, I know Hyukjae’s mom will only make things go harder for me. I know she’s going to make me suffer more by introducing Yuri to me. I, hope everything ends here. I can’t take this anymore.



 

 

A month after I was released from the hospital. I am getting better each day, with helps from Sunny and Sungmin. I never heard anything about him anymore. I wish I would but no, I think it’s better this way. Though I miss him, though there are times when I found myself sitting on the bench at the park, reminiscing back the memories we had before, I hope this will stay like this. I hope to stay away from him.

My phone rings and when I answered it, she asked me to meet her at a cafe. She is Hyukjae’s mom. Still, her. I thought of refusing but I decided to face her today. I wanted to tell her to stop disturbing my life. I wanted to ask her to take her son away from me. I... I want him to leave. I don’t want to have any connection left with both of them.

I arrived at the cafe earlier than we planned. A few minutes later she walked into the cafe with Yuri. I sighed. Why do I have a feeling this is getting worse. I stood up and bowed to both of them and they both took their seat in front of me.

“Tiffany, this is an invitation for you. For Hyukjae’s engagement ceremony. We always wanted to do a formal ceremony, so he picked the date. 3rd of April,” she handed me the invitation card but I froze. 3rd April, our anniversary. This year, it’s supposed to be our fourth anniversary together. Of course, we broke up so we won’t be celebrating the anniversary anymore. But, they’re having their engagement ceremony on our anniversary?

“Thanks. Do you have anything else to say to me, Mrs Lee? I have mine, anyway,” I asked her. I’ve planned everything in my head. What I was going to say, everything that I’ve been keeping in my heart. I can’t handle this anymore. I need to blurt it out. She shook her head as an answer and with that, I started to speak.

“Please, stop disturbing me. I have other things to do. Stop meeting me, Mrs Lee. I’ve had enough, aren’t you satisfied yet? After all of this times? After you asked me to leave him because I wasn’t good enough for him? What else do you want me to do now? I left him though my heart hurts so much. I never let him know who was behind all of this. I keep this to myself. Have you ever think how would he feel if he knows that you are the one behind all of this? He begged me back, Mrs Lee. He did, but I rejected him because of my respect towards you. Aren’t you satisfied with all of this, Mrs Lee?”

I stopped for a minute. She looked surprised. I know she never thought that I will say all of this. Yuri on the other hand looks at me with a disbelief look. I can see that she feels bad now, her expression say it all. It’s just obvious that she know nothing about this.

“Mrs Lee, please take your son away. I’ve tried my hardest to keep my distance from him. Though it hurts so much. Though I cried myself to sleep every night because of him, please, just take him away. You wanted him to be happy with another girl, so just let him be with the girl. Don’t let us meet again. Both of us, we shouldn’t meet each other again too, Mrs Lee. I hope  you won’t bother about me anymore. I hope you will just leave me alone,”

I turned my stare to Yuri now. I smiled to her. She looked at me with a guilty look. “Don’t be sorry. I promised myself to let him go with someone who can make him happy. I can see it’s you, Yuri. Please take care of him, love him with all your heart and try to make him love you. I hope you guys will be happy. I hope everything will went well for the both of you,”

I stood up and bowed to them, but as I turned around, I can see someone was looking at me with a hurt expression. I looked over his shoulder and I can see Sunny and Sungmin standing together in front of the cafe. I walked pass him, ignoring all of the feelings. I don’t know if he heard all of that or not but soon after that he answered my question.


Updated! Sorry for the late update. I got classes real soon, so I'm going to college now. Just updated this cause I don't want you guys to wait :)

 

Do comment and subscribe