Chapter 4 - The Meeting

There's Only You

 

I woke up with a very sharp throbbing pain in my head. I looked around and I saw Sunny lying beside me. We would usually share the bed together though because somehow, my apartment is like her second home. I chuckled at the sight of her sleeping. She looks so cute that I feel like pinching her cheeks.

I was about to go to the kitchen to get a drink but as soon as I opened my bedroom’s door, I can see a guy sleeping on the couch. I looked at the person with a puzzled look. What is he doing in my house? I walked over to him and started to look at him. I wish he’ll never wake up. I miss this person so much that I wish I can just stay the whole day looking at his face.

Suddenly, he moved. I walked away as soon as he started to open his eyes. I acted like nothing happened and I went to the kitchen. Grab a glass of chocolate milk and drank it nervously. I can see Hyukjae coming towards the kitchen too. I don’t think he saw me looking at him earlier because as he entered the kitchen, his eyes widen because of shock.

“You’re okay?” he asked trying to look as casual as possible. He looks worried and guilty. Maybe because he left me alone after our ‘argument’ yesterday.

I just nodded, washed the glass and leave him. I have so much things to say but I can’t do it. If he’s going to hate me for yesterday, then I will let him hate me. I can’t be nice to him anymore, I have to be cold. He have to hate me so it’ll be easier for him to forget me. I smiled weakly as I entered my room.

“Tiffany! You woke up! Why didn’t you tell me? Are you feeling better?” Sunny quickly ran to me and checked on me. She put the back of her hand on my forehead and keeps on looking at me to make sure that I’m okay.

“Yah! I’m okay! Don’t worry,” I replied back and chuckled. She always give me this kind of attention. She’s such a nice friend. She’s more than friend, she’s like a family to me. A family that I once had when I was younger.

My parents died in an accident when I was 14 and since that Sunny and her family helped me a lot. They supported me, and they even helped to motivate me. Since I am the only child, I have no one else to depends on. I am on my own. The only thing that left was this apartment which my parents bought for me a few months before they passed away. That was the only thing that left for me.

“Sunny, thanks a lot. You’ve been helping me since I was a kid, you just don’t know how much I appreciate all of that,” I whispered at her and I enveloped her in a hug.

“No, you’re my best friend, no, no, you’re my sister, Fany. I will try to do anything for you, as long as you’re happy,” she replied back with a cracked voice. I pulled away and gave her my eye-smile wishing that she won’t cry.

Maybe, though I lost my loved one, though I had to let the person I love the most in my life away, I am still thankful that Sunny never leave me. Even if my happiness was taken away when I decided to break up with Hyukjae, Sunny will be the person who can make me smile again. Yes, it’s not the same but at least Sunny will be the only person who can do that to me. She always do. She and Hyukjae.



 

 

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock besides me. I am late for college as the break is finally over last two weeks. I quickly went for a bathe and get dressed. I left the apartment and started to frantically pushed the elevator button. As the door opened, I quickly get inside the elevator and pushed the ground floor button. When it reached to the ground floor, I quickly get out from the elevator. I was rushing that I accidentally bumped into someone and I fell to the ground. The books that I’m holding fell to the floor. While I was trying to collect all the books back, I took a glance at the person who just bumped into me. The person turned out to be someone I know.

“Mrs Lee,” I greeted the woman. I quickly stand up and bowed to the woman. She gave me a cynical stare.

“Miss Hwang. It’s been a long time since we met each other,” she replied back. Still with the cynical stare. I looked down, how I wish we didn’t bumped into each other earlier so that I won’t be stuck here with her.

“How’s life? Did you found someone else now?” she asked me and smirked. I know she’s not even interested with my life. I know something is going on.

“You know, Hyukjae told me he found someone else. A girl that is perfectly matched for him. Finally, he’s not wasting his time for someone who’s not worth it,” she blurted it out and walked passed me and pushed my shoulder on purpose.

I was left alone at the lobby now. Still staring blankly at the floor. Tears forming, my heart aches, I don’t feel like going to college. I can feel my legs weaken and I fell to the floor. I tried my hardest to stand back but it’s hard. I was crying alone in the middle of the lobby until I saw someone holding out her hand towards me.

“Let me help you,” she speaks and took my hand. She pulled me and helped me walk to the corner of the lobby.

“Thanks. You live here?” I finally said. I should thank her, she is good enough to help me and sit beside me making sure that I’m okay.

“Oh, my fiancé lives here. Are you okay? Do you need my help to walk you to your apartment?” she asked me.

“I think I-“ my words was cut off when I heard someone opened the lobby’s door and walked closer towards us.

“Ah, I thought you’re already upstairs,” that voice. I know that voice very well. My eyes widen upon hearing the voice. My back was facing him so I couldn’t see his face, but I can tell who is that just by the voice. 



 

So, sorry for not updating this story! Been busy and not feeling well. I'm using my study time now to post this on AFF. Lol. I told y'all it's going to be a depressing story though. Don't worry, it'll end soon! :'D

 

Subscribe and don't forget to comment! 

It makes me happier to see new comments :p