Chapter 1 - The Break Up

There's Only You

 

“Let’s just break up,” I finally said it. I finally let the words out.

He looked at me in disbelief. I know he's not expecting this at all. We were good for all these times, we never fight with each other, we never had a problem with each other. We are the kind of couples that everyone dream of. We complete each other’s life and nothing else but that.

“Fany, don’t play around with me!” he finally said it. Of course, I wish this is just a prank. How I wish it is.

“No, I’m not fooling around, Hyuk. I’m not that childish to play around. I am serious,” I forced myself to let out those words. I tried my hardest to stare into his eyes and just act strong.

“Seriously, Fany. This is not funny at all!”

He laughed. He’s still thinking this is all a joke. He smiled at me and took a step closer to me. This is breaking my heart, I wish I can just run to him and hug him and comfort him.

“Stop! I told you that I’m serious! I’m leaving!” I said and I pulled out the ring that I wear on my finger. I placed it on the floor and leave. Leaving him there, alone. I don’t even have the guts to take a look at him for the last time. I’m afraid that I would change my mind when I see his face.

This is not the best solution, but this seems to be the only way for me to get away from all of this problems. I want him to be happy, I want him to lead a good life. I wish he’ll be happy, no matter what. All I wanted to do right now is for him to be happy even though it’s not with me. But thinking about this again, I do wonder if this is really the best solution?

 


 

It’s been a week now since the day I broke up with Hyukjae. No, it’s not even that easy. I was fighting with emotions in this issue. It’s not as easy as I thought it would be. It would be a lie if I said I didn’t miss him at all. I really do. I still think of him all of the times. There was never a time when he ever left my mind.

I haven’t heard anything from him since that day. He must be feeling so down. I wish him the best though. I know we didn’t end our relationship in a proper way, but I just can’t do it. All that I thought that time was I should let it end there at the moment. I have to do it quickly and leave. The more time I spend there with him, it’ll become harder for me to leave.

Somehow, I wish that we will bump into each other. I wish I can see his face, even though from afar. I know he hated me now, I know that so much. I broke his heart, but I can’t deny this feeling. I miss him so much. I feel like knocking on his door and tell him how much this hurts for me.

It’s not we’re living far from each other. We’re living in the same building, but different floor. We even go to the same college, but we’re taking different courses in college. And since it’s our summer break now, the only way for me to meet him is here, at this apartment building. How I wish we can meet each other in the elevator, I just need to see him for a moment. This lovesick in unbearable.

 


 

I finally decided to go to the park this evening. Just for a walk. It’s been a long time since I went to the park. I entered the elevator. There’s no one in the elevator though. The elevator then stopped at one floor and when the door opens, my wish just came true. There he is, Lee Hyukjae, standing in front of me. He didn’t saw me though, because I was trying to hide my face from him. I keep my head down and I glance at him secretly.

When we reach the ground floor, and door opened and we both get off from the elevator. He walked first and my eyes followed him. He looks okay, but who knows. I wish I can just greet him but I don’t even have the courage to look at him, so how am I supposed to greet him?

I walked slowly to the park. It took me about 10 minutes to finally reach the park. I took a seat on a bench under a big tree. This used to be our favorite place in the park. We would be sitting with each other, talking for hours. I would sometimes lied down and put my heads on his laps. There was time when he fell asleep on my shoulders too. There’s just too much memories of us together here.

I was sitting alone. I examined the place. Nothing changed, it’s only been a week though. Nothing will change. But for me, the atmosphere is different now. It used to be filled with love, now it’s cold and empty. As empty as my heart. Without realizing it, a tear drops on my cheeks but I quickly wiped it away. I can’t cry, I was the one who chose this path, so I’ll have to go on.

“T-T-Tiff...” I heard someone called me. I know that voice very well. I know it. How can I possibly forget the voice.

The voice that keeps on haunting me for a week. The voice that would sing to me at nights so that I can sleep before. The voice that belongs to my one and only, Lee Hyukjae. I turned my head, and I was surprised to see him right behind me.

I quickly stand up and when I was about to move, he held me. He put his hand on my shoulder. I stopped. I miss that touch from him.

“Why are you here?” he asked me. What am I supposed to say? I can’t tell him that I actually miss him, and that was what actually brought me here. I promised that person that this relationship will end that day, and never ever going to continue, no matter how much I wish it will.

I didn’t answer him. I took his hand and put it away from my shoulder. I walked away from him. When I turned my head, I saw him flopped into the bench and his hands covering his face. That hurts, but he have to be strong and face it, just like what I have to do now.

    


Sorry if in the first two chapters you'll hate Tiffany. No, she's not being a bad girl here. She's doing it for a reason. Don't blame her okaaay :D Just, wait and see :) 

Feel free to subscribe and yes, comment please!