Start

46800, C404

*play*
EXO - For Life

"Hey. Are you okay, boy?" she managed to get hold of the boy in black beanie. His breath were uneven, and so were his steps.

"Chan-chanyeol," he stuttered. He was holding an IV drip bag without its holder. He looked up to her, his eyes emitting the pain he was holding.

"Shin Minra." she pulled him to the nearest bench, his legs couldn't support him anymore.

" I- I know. Shin Minra." a blush appeared on his cheeks, maybe the hospital was too hot. She guessed. "I'm Chanyeol," he said again.

Minra bursted into laughs. "Yes Chanyeol. You told me just now." she saw him fidgeting in his sit, probably uncomfortable with a stranger.

Loud voice echoed from the end of the hallway, which she clearly caught, "Chanyeol-ah!!! Chanyeol!!" then, three people appeared, one as tall as Chanyeol, the other two being a feet shorter than them. They caught them sitting at the bench, and the two sprinted towards them, or may she say, Chanyeol.

"Where the hell did you go!!!?? WE WERE LOOKING YOU ALL OVER THE HOSPITAL!!" boy they sure have loud and high amplitude voice. "I- I bumped into Minra," she raised her eyebrow. Did they know her?

The boy in black hair turned to Minra, and the other one followed. Even if Minra don't take any psychology class, but she can clearly read the black haired boy's face. 'Stay away from him' she guessed.

He stormed away from them, dragging Chanyeol with him. The tall guy and the other one followed the trail of those two with their eyes. They both turned to her, something she couldn't understand.

"Minra? I'm Kris. This is Chen," the tall guy introduced. "That's Baekhyun, these three are triplets," Chen nodded his head. "You are a volunteer student right? Can you come with me?" She was silent, didnt understand why they were talking to her as if they knew her. But she followed anyway.

The walk was painfully torturing Minra's thought, because she was thinking why on earth Kris asked her to follow them.

"Chanyeol has idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension." Kris spoke. "He has been in the hospital since two years ago," Two years ago, she registered for volunteering programme at the hospital, she thought. "The doctor said they can't find the cause of the high blood pressure inside his lung," Kris lead them walking through the hallway.

"Since two years ago, our family had been alternating from home and hospital, it became a routine." They took a left turn, waiting for the elevator.

"Chanyeol hated hospital. We had so much problem back then. Making sure Chanyeol received his treatment, and forcing him to stay at the hospital. It was a pure chaos, "

Ding!

The lift opened, and the three of them stepped into the box. Minra still didn't understand why were they telling her about Chanyeol's medical history, not that she is a doctor, or their close acquaintance.

Kris pushed the 4th floor button, and the lift shut close. "But the chaos eventually stopped. Not because of me, and not because of his triplets," Kris continued his story, "Because he said he bumped into a beautiful girl, and he can't put his eyes off her," she could feel the stare that Chen bore behind her, and she sweared if she turned her head, she could see Chen's eyes went through her.

"He became more energetic, happier day by day, and he cant stop talking about the girl. The girl is pretty, she have beautiful eyes, she is this, she is that. Chanyeol turned into a stalker, which he never done before," Chen chuckled. The first sound she heard escaped from his mouth.

"Is she a volunteer student?" she gave responds for the first time. The lift produced a ding! and three of them walked out. "Yeah. She is." Chen answered.

"We were happy, because Chanyeol turned to his old self. His cheerfulness, his playful jokes, his laughter, those things we cant hear for five months when he was first admitted. Chanyeol was a very cheerful person." Kris took a turn on the right, before taking another turn on the left.

"So?" Minra asked. She still didn't get why. "He said, the girl have cresent eyes when she laughs, her annoyed face when she was distracted is cute, and she likes biting her nail. He loves the way the girl tucked her hair behind her ear when she was focused, something he found amusing."

Minra saw a room,

C404 (Park Chanyeol)

but they walked passed the room. "Hey-" " We're going to see his treatment. Come," Kris gestured her to follow.

"Chanyeol got motivation to receive his treatment and eat his medication because he believes that the girl will volunteer in his department soon." Minra hummed. Its true that a few volunteers were going to be transferred to Cardio unit which fuses Lung and Heart into one unit.

Including her.

"He waited for the day to come. He even checked their timetable regularly." Kris let out a forced laugh, "I guess he wont be able to wait anymore." Kris gulped his saliva, heart aching to speak, "Three months ago, we received a heart breaking news from the cardiologist. They said Chanyeol cant be cured anymore. The disease itself is life threatening, and Chanyeol's commitment towards recovering was far below average." Minra stared at Kris, when they came to a room, with one way glass window, the only memory she had in the room was a patient were having chemotherapy session. It was painful and Minra doubt she would be seeing the same thing again.

"They said Chanyeol is going to die." Chen whispered. Minra flinched at the word 'die'. She was phobic with deaths, because she saw her own mother laying lifeless on the hospital bed. "How much time-"

"Three months," Baekhyun appeared on her left side. Four of them watched Chanyeol inside the room, three of them watching with teary eyes.

"He likes you. So much. He told us that you are pretty. You are kind. There's no other girl that is similar to you. His life since two years ago were full of you," Kris wiped the tears at the corner of his eye.

Minra stared at the patient inside the room, he was smiling even the treatment was painful. He saw them, and quickly waved his hand. Kris waved back, and pushed the three of them aside, so they won't be distracting Chanyeol.

There was a silent moment. Then-

"Can you do us a favour?" Baekhyun turned her to face him, and she realised that the male had been crying. "Can you please, stay with him for this week?" he pleaded.

Minra froze. Confused and doubted. She don't even know Chanyeol but- "We will pay you. For the times you spent with Chanyeol. For the loss of one person from volunteer unit for a week. We would do anything. Please Minra?" Baekhyun tugged her arm, his head staying low. She could feel the droplets of tears reaching the floor.

She heard a thud, and she found Chen kneeling in front of her. Baekhyun followed the action and hold his triplet's hand. Both of them were crying uncontrollably, and Minra felt her heart pinched.

"I would do anything Minra. Please. If you want me to do volunteer work as replacement as you, I'll do it. I'll -" Chen's shoulder shook, he held himself from crying. He sniffed, "I'll do anything." Baekhyun nodded his head.

Kris joined the two kneeling, and Minra quickly stopped him. She nodded, her heart ached at the sight of both male infront of her crying. "I'll stay. I'll stay." she pulled Baekhyun and Chen to stand, and wiped their tears.

She'll stay.