Eight

To Mend a Broken Heart

“Come again?!”

Okay, it was obvious that this was a situation he was completely unprepared for since his usually deep voice turned into a high-pitched shriek, echoing through the room.

Yoongi felt bad about reacting like that when he saw his roommate flinching and looking even more uncomfortable than a few seconds ago when he actually suggested for the two of them to sleep in the same bed.

The pink-haired male started shifting his weight from one foot to the other while looking away.

“ D-don’t make it weird. It’s just that Jackson doesn’t have enough blankets for everyone, so this was a logical suggestion.” his roommate mumbled in a slightly irritated, but mostly embarrassed voice and Yoongi bit his lower lip anxiously.

It did make sense for them to share a bed, so as to stay warm, but…

But, was there really no other way to avoid freezing to death?!

Maybe, taking all of the clothes that they have brought with them and putting all of it on their bodies, so as to stay warm?

He parted his lips, ready to share his incredibly smart solution which would save both him, and his roommate, from awkwardness of sharing a bed and then waking up next to each other when he suddenly recalled something.

Despite Hoseok’s warnings of making sure to pack enough clothes, he figured that he would not really be leaving the cottage since he wasn’t into winter sports and just wanted a peaceful holiday, therefore, his wardrobe consisted of 2 hoodies, 2 T-Shirts, 2 pair of jeans, underwear and pajamas which he was currently wearing.

Not to mention that Taehyung had previously stolen his oversized navy hoodie, claiming how it was “soft and warm and how it complements his eyes”, so now he was only left with his thin black hoodie which was nowhere near as warm as the navy one.

So, actually, he should be grateful about his roommate’s suggestion, because if he didn’t accept it, he would be the one waking up in the morning turned into an icicle.

Even that realization didn’t help calm down his currently racing heart.

He swallowed audibly, and finally forced himself to look at his roommate who seemed to have found the painting on the wall across the room the most interesting thing in the world, since he was intent on staring at it, just not at Yoongi.

Great, now Yoongi was the one who made things awkward with his slightly exaggerated reaction and then silence that stretched on for a few minutes.

Yoongi cleared his throat, before quietly saying, “ Okay. The bed is big enough for two anyways.”

He couldn’t believe that he actually agreed to sharing a bed with his roommate, and Jin seemed to be thinking the same since he looked at him with wide, surprised eyes as he asked, “ Seriously?”

Yoongi felt uneasy by Jin’s reaction, since he realized that Jin probably thought he was going to curse him, or something, for even proposing for them to be sleeping in the same bed, so he just nodded, before scooting towards the edge of the bed while lifting the duvet and muttering, “ Yeah, yeah, now come on, get in before we both turn into ice cubes.”

If he wasn’t so nervous about this unexpected situation, then Yoongi would definitely have laughed at his roommate’s “ deer caught in headlights” expression, but like this he didn’t utter a word when Jin quickly got into his bed, before Yoongi covered them both.

Luckily, there was enough space between them, so none of their body parts were touching.

That would have been so nerve-wracking, especially since Yoongi’s mind was already in a turmoil just by being in the same bed as his roommate.

If it was Hoseok, or Namjoon lying next to him, then he wouldn’t have thought much about it, especially since he would have made sure to kick them off the bed as soon as they fell asleep, and claim it only for himself.

But, he was currently lying next to his roommate who was a dude, who was also into dudes like him, and oh yeah, who had been into Yoongi’s mouth and causing sparks of electricity to run through his body just a few hours prior to this.

Damn, things sure escalated fast.

From kissing to sharing a bed, and all in a span of several hours.

Not to mention that this was someone who Yoongi technically wasn’t interested in romantically.

Never mind that his pulse was so loud right now, as well as the heart beating against his chest, that he couldn’t focus on anything else other than the fact that there was a warm body of his roommate just a few inches away from his.

He lied on his back and he didn’t even dare look at his roommate, wondering if Jin had already fallen asleep since it was eerily quiet in the bedroom.

However, he had no such luck when his roommate’s soft voice filled the room just a few seconds after that thought had crossed Yoongi’s mind.

“ Hey, thanks by the way.”

Yoongi frowned in confusion at his roommate’s words, asking, “ What are you thanking me for?”

His roommate chuckled slightly, but Yoongi could hear the nervousness in Jin’s voice as the elder said, “ For agreeing to this. I know what a reserved person you are, and how you like to be left alone most of the time, so I know this must be a great burden for you. And yet you still accepted, because no matter how much you try to act like you are some cold guy, you are actually a very caring person.”

Yoongi felt as if his heart was in his throat at this unexpected confession of his roommate and he wasn’t sure how to react to that.

When he actually turned his head towards his roommate, he was met with a pair of caramel brown eyes which were staring at him with such a fond look that made Yoongi’s stomach tighten, especially when he noticed how his roommate’s lips were quirked up in the softest of the smiles.

He wasn’t sure why, but at that moment he just wanted to scratch at his chest and get rid of that strange itch which was spreading through his body, caused by the way Jin was looking at him, as if being able to see through all of his walls and right into his soul.

Yoongi felt exposed, and generally he would have hated if somebody figured out what kind of person he really was, except his closest friends who already knew his true personality, but somehow, he didn’t mind his roommate being aware of the mask that was his usually cold exterior.

He was surprised to come to a realization that during these months of living with the kind elder, he had come to trust him.

Also, he didn’t consider Jin just a roommate anymore.

He considered him a friend.

That made warmth spread through his body and he didn’t do what he usually did whenever someone tried to analyze him, or draw conclusions about him.

Instead of retorting to some snappy remark as a defense, he mustered up his most indifferent look and said in a flat voice, “ If you tell that to someone, I am going to have to kill you.”

For a moment, his roommate blinked a few times at him, his expression surprised, before he broke into a fit of giggles, making Yoongi’s lips tug upwards into a fond smile.

“ For a moment, I actually believed you. Maybe you should change your major into acing.” the pink haired male finally said, after having calmed down from his laughing fit.

“ Nah. I will leave that to handsome people. I am more of a behind-the-scenes kind of guy.” Yoongi said nonchalantly, thinking how his roommate should be the one conquering the stage and TV screens since he definitely had the looks for it.

That is why he was more than surprised when he heard his roommate quietly saying, “ Well, I definitely think that you belong in the spotlight. You definitely catch people’s attention at first glance.”

Yoongi widened his eyes as he stared at his roommate who was staring at him with a gentle expression, and Yoongi was sure that his whole body, including his cheeks, suddenly felt as if it was on fire.

He was thankful for the lack of light in the room, preventing Jin from seeing the rising blush on his cheeks from the sudden praise.

At a loss for a proper response, he just cleared his throat, before awkwardly saying, “ Ha-ha, yeah. Sure. Anyways, it’s late.”

And just like that he turned to lie on his back once again, adding, “ We should probably try and get some rest. So, goodnight, Hyung.”

After two beats, Jin’s voice reached him, making him slightly shiver when the elder said, “ It’s Jin.”

Yoongi swallowed, before trying again, his voice more quiet as he said, “ Yeah, sorry. Good night, Jin.”

He had hoped that the pounding of his fast-beating heart could not be heard, but then his breath hitched when he heard his roommate saying, in the softest voice possible, “ Good night, Yoongi. Sweet dreams.~” which made his stomach tighten once again and his chest itch, and he wondered if he was coming down with something?

All he knew was that after that, he was not able to fall asleep for what felt like hours, not even daring to move, or look at his roommate who was sound asleep in a matter of moments, judging by his even breathing filling the room and reaching Yoongi’s ears like the most peaceful lullaby.

In the end, while listening to Jin’s soothing breathing, combined with the exhaustion and the warmness under the duvet caused by another body so close to his, he finally felt his eyelids getting heavier, before he embraced the darkness enveloping his mind.

(︺︹︺)

When Yoongi’s eyelids lazily flickered open due to the bright daylight illuminating the bedroom, the first thing he tried to do out of the reflex was to cover his eyes with his arm to shield them from the blinding light.

However, he found that task impossible when he realized that there was a weight on his arm, preventing him from doing so.

Quickly, he directed his gaze to his arm, and immediately felt the last traces of sleep dissipating from his mind.

He stared in bewilderment at the body lying next to him, and a part of it on top of him, and the events from last night came pouring into his mind at the speed of lighting.

Now, as he stared at the mop of silky, pink strands, he wondered how he had let this happen.

He blamed his sleep-laced state last night for the awkward situation he was currently in.

But, he had no time to analyze things right now when his priority was getting out of the bed without waking up his roommate.

The only problem was that he was practically trapped underneath half of the pink-haired male’s body with little chance of escape.

Jin’s head was resting on his arm, which was slowly becoming numb, with the older male’s face pressed into his chest with one of his legs swung across Yoongi’s and resting in a space between his legs while his arm was lightly draped across his hip, locking him in place.

Yoongi tried to ignore his racing heart at the position they were in, and instead chose to focus on Jin’s steady breathing that filled the bedroom.

However, that wasn’t really helpful since Jin’s warm breath fawned over the sensitive skin on his neck, and every exhale of the elder, caused goose bumps to spread all over Yoongi’s body.

He squeezed his eyes shut, praying to Lord to give him strength to survive this as he carefully started extracting his arm from underneath his roommate’s head.

Jin’s breathing was still even, and Yoongi’s arm was almost free.

He was just about to support the elder’s head, so as to completely remove his arm and instead shift Jin so that his head would be resting on the pillow, when he heard Jin mumbling and he froze.

When his roommate looked up and met his gaze, Yoongi’s arm was finally free, but his body went rigid as he stared at his roommate’s puffy eyes blinking at him slowly, his cheeks slightly flushed because of the warmth, his pink hair tousled in all directions, making Yoongi wonder how he had never noticed how cute his roommate actually was until yesterday and apparently this morning.

“Yoongi?”

Jin’s raspy voice snapped him out of his thoughts and he concluded that Jin was probably trying to remember how he ended up in the same bed as him, judging by the little crease forming between his eyebrows.

Yoongi tried to sound nonchalant, although deep inside he was far from it, as he said, “ Good morning.”

He watched how the furrow between Jin’s eyebrows smoothed, his eyes now lit with some sort of realization, before the softest of the smiles graced the elder’s plush lips as he gently hummed a “Mhm.” under his breath and before Yoongi could react, or say something else, it happened.

It was a fleeting moment, lasting about 3 seconds maximum, but at that moment he felt as if time had completely stopped.

At that exact moment when Jin’s hand moved from where it was resting on his hip, to his chest as a support for the elder to lift his face towards Yoongi, enough to press his warm lips against Yoongi’s, he felt as if this was all just some sort of a dream.

Yoongi’s eyes widened in an instant, his breath stuck in his throat, even when Jin murmured in a sleepy voice, “ Goodnight.” before burying his face once again into Yoongi’s chest and falling asleep in an instant.

Yoongi was shell-shocked to say the least, and out of all the thoughts filling his mind at that moment and making his head spin, he was at least grateful that his roommate was fast asleep so as to not hear the loud beating of Yoongi’s heart which was threatening to jump out of his chest at that moment.

(︺︹︺)

“ You look like death itself.” Hoseok gingerly commented as he plopped in the sofa across Yoongi, who was sitting in an armchair.

Yoongi narrowed his eyes at the of his friend, before grumbling, “ I wasn’t aware that you met death to know what it looks like. Too bad you were so annoying that even the Grim reaper ditched you and now you are here bothering me.”

Hoseok clutched his stomach and fake laughed while pretending to wipe a tear from the corner of his eye as he said, “ Gee, Yoongz. The love radiating from you is touching. Really.”

Yoongi snorted, before taking a sip of his coffee and running a hand through his hair in a distracted manner.

“ But, seriously. What are you thinking so hard about on this fine, snowy day?” Hoseok asked, this time genuinely curious and Yoongi sighed.

A better question would be what was he not thinking about, he thought sourly, as his mind was filled with various thoughts.

And they were all related to one person.

One person whose happy humming could be heard from the kitchen, causing Yoongi to click his tongue in annoyance.

While he was here banging his head over everything that had happened this morning, and last night, his roommate seemed completely unbothered by all of it which, honestly, kind of ticked Yoongi off.

After Jin had done the thing that shall not be mentioned, and fallen asleep once again without a single care in the world, Yoongi had to lie there, unmoving, for about a good 20 minutes before the elder finally shifted slightly and Yoongi saw his chance for escape.

As soon as he extracted himself from the bed, and finally felt as if he could breathe freely again, he just had to be a stupid and throw a glance at his roommate.

And in that moment he just had to witness the pink-haired male curling into himself after Yoongi had left an empty space in the bed, which caused the cover to slide down and reveal a part of Jin’s smooth skin above his pink pajama bottoms where his sweater had conveniently ridden up in sleep, and that sight alone was both endearing and also it made Yoongi’s body go so hot that he had to immediately look away and run out of the room, before he combusted into incoherent garbling right then and there.

And then he spent a good 2 hours just sitting in the living room with a blank face, wondering how he should react when his roommate finally woke up.

He had gone over so many scenarios in his head, already imagining Jin moving out of their apartment due to the awkwardness that would ensue between them, and that made a knot of anxiousness form in his stomach, because it if he was going to look for another roommate, especially now when he had come to think of Jin as his friend and not to mention that the elder had been an almost perfect roommate ever since the beginning.

So, it was an understatement to say how stunned, speechless and utterly enraged he was when after 2 hours of complete stress over his possibly forever ruined relationship with his roommate, the said person had finally graced him with his presence, sending him a wide, friendly smile and casually asking, “ Hey, why are you up so early? The bed was so warm and comfortable, I slept like a baby. Anyways, what do you want for breakfast?”

Yoongi was so shocked at that moment by Jin’s nonchalance after he had practically assaulted him that morning ( yes-Yoongi felt very assaulted by those plump lips and those large, gentle eyes!) that he could only gape at the elder, and if it wasn’t for Taehyung appearing out of nowhere at that moment and yelling, “ PANCAKES FOR EVERYONE, HYUUUNG!” while ushering a giggling Jin into the kitchen, then who knows for how long Yoongi would have gone looking like a complete idiot.

So, currently, his roommate was preparing pancakes for everyone, blissfully singing like a stupid angel without a care in the world, while Yoongi felt like an absolute moron for actually thinking that that kiss meant something.

Could it be that for his roommate that was a natural occurrence?

To just kiss anyone for a good morning?

How many times had Jin actually done that to be so nonchalant about it?

And with whom?

Yoongi ruffled his hair in frustration once again, wondering why he was suddenly so interested in his roommate’s love life when he had never given it much thought?

It was none of his business who the pink-haired male had dated, was dating or will be dating in the future.

All Yoongi knew was that he still had a roommate, things weren’t awkward about them, because apparently Jin gave no significance to them sleeping in the same bed and to the spontaneous peck assault on Yoongi’s lips, so he shouldn’t give a either.

“ Will you ever answer me about what has you sighing all this time and frowning while mumbling under your breath, or should I call the Seoul madhouse and tell them to make room for one more patient?” a mocking voice of his friend brought Yoongi out of his thoughts and he realized that he had never answered to Hoseok’s question.

Instead, he sneered and said, “ Yeah, you do that and I will even help you pack your bags and you there.”

He avoided the pillow that was thrown towards him after that remark and watched as the pastel haired male got up from the sofa and said, “ Yeah, you are fine. Why was I even worried?” while sticking his tongue out at him.

Yeah, Yoongi was fine, he thought.

“ Pancakes are ready!” his roommate got out of the kitchen and cheerfully announced with his pink cheeks dusted with flour, and his stupid smile which could cure cancer.

Yeah, Yoongi was peachy, except that he wanted to smack that smile from his roommate’s lips.

Preferably with his own lips.

What the actual , Yoongi groaned, hitting his forehead with his palm, trying to get rid of that ridiculous thought which he had no idea where it had come from.

(︺︹︺)

“ Just go without me.”

Yoongi stated, not even looking away from his laptop screen as he clicked on a sample melody for his new track.

“ Come on, we are here just for today and then tomorrow we are back home and you haven’t even gone outside once in all the time we have been here!” Hoseok whined and Yoongi had to cover his ears to prevent the shrill noise deafening him.

“ I came here for peace and quiet. Not snow in my pants and broken bones. So, I will pass.” Yoongi stayed adamant and Hoseok sighed in frustration and left the bedroom saying how “ No fun he was.”

He could live with that.

What he could not live with is being constantly disrupted when he was in the middle of producing music.

“ Hoseok, I said no thanks to frostbites on my !” Yoongi grumbled angrily, taking off his headphones when Hoseok patted him on the shoulder.

Except that it wasn’t Hoseok.

.

“ Well, I am sure nobody wants frostbites on their , but if you have underwear and pants, then you can avoid that.” his roommate said while staring at him, trying to suppress his laugh, but the mirth in his eyes was apparent.

Yoongi cleared his throat, trying to fight back the flush creeping up his neck as he said, “ Yeah, I would rather not take my chances with that, so…”

He fixed his gaze back to the laptop screen, but he couldn’t help but feel uncomfortable knowing that he was still being watched.

Finally, he looked up and once again met his roommate’s gaze.

“ What?” he asked warily when he saw the crease forming between Jin’s eyebrows.

“ Did I do something to upset you?” the pink-haired male asked and Yoongi almost fell off the bed at the unexpected question.

“ W-what? Why would you say that?” Yoongi stammered while staring at his roommate whose frown had deepened as he said, “ It’s just that ever since this morning you have been kind of avoiding me?”

Yoongi was surprised that Jin noticed that since he was trying to be subtle about it, but apparently he wasn’t as subtle as he thought.

Damn it.

“ I mean, is it because of last night?” Jin asked cautiously and Yoongi widened his eyes at him.

“ I mean, I thought you said you were cool with it in the end. But, like, did I do something in my sleep? I mean I know that I am a cuddler, so did I like make you uncomfortable during the night? Because, when I woke up you were gone and then you have been kind of distant and now you don’t want to go snowboarding with us, so is it my fault?” the elder asked, and Yoongi felt guilt rising inside of him at the distraught look on Jin’s face.

However, he noticed that Jin had never mentioned the kiss.

Could it be that he really did it unconsciously?

He did seem very sleepy and not fully awake at that moment, so maybe he really wasn’t aware what he had done?

And now Yoongi was acting like an , and making things weird between them when that was precisely what he wanted to avoid in the first place.

He saw only one solution without mentioning the kiss.

“ You did nothing wrong. I am just being my lazy, tired self. But, I guess it won’t hurt going out on the snow for a few hours.” Yoongi sighed in defeat and gave a weak smile to Jin.

In return his roommate almost blinded him with the beam lighting his whole face.

God damned be handsome people, Yoongi grumbled inside of his head.

(︺︹︺)

“ Come on, just trust me!”

his roommate had yelled from where he was standing, but Yoongi wasn’t convinced.

Not when he was currently standing on a measly board on top of a hill and was expected to slide down into his imminent doom.

He loved his body in one piece thank you very much, so he was totally not doing this.

Nope.

“ Yoongi, are you scared?! It’s okay if you are, you don’t have to force yourself!”

Now, if Hoseok had said that, Yoongi would have killed him for mocking him and being a little .

But, this was not Hoseok.

This was his understanding roommate, who actually sounded genuinely supportive and worried about him, and this-Min Yoongi was not a coward.

So he closed his eyes and prayed to God, or whoever was listening at that moment, before sliding towards his roommate at the speed of light.

He tried to keep his eyes open, and to focus on Jin’s encouraging voice, but the wind slapping his face was too much and he closed them for a moment, and before he knew it he had bumped into something sturdy and ended up on the snow-covered ground and wasn’t snow supposed to cushion his fall?!

So why the was it so hard?

“ Ouch. Well, it was going well, but you probably shouldn’t have closed your eyes.” a chuckle reached his ears and he finally opened his eyes and realized why the snow was so hard.

It was because he wasn’t lying on it, but was instead sprawled all over his roommate’s body.

He blinked a few times and stared at his roommate who was smiling at him, while his hands were on Yoongi’s waist with no intention of letting go and that made Yoongi feel really weird.

“ Luckily, I was there to catch you in time.” his roommate said in a soft voice and Yoongi felt as if he was in some cheesy rom-com and he would have snorted at the absurdity of the situation, but instead he found his tongue completely tied as he got lost in those warm doe-eyes.

“ Yoongi?  Are you okay?”

Finally, when he saw his roommate’s expression morphing from gentle to concerned at his lack of response, Yoongi finally got back to his senses as he said in a voice hoarser than intended, “ You lied.”

His roommate’s expression became confused and before he could ask why, Yoongi blurted out, “ My did get frostbites.”

There was a moment of silence with both of them just blinking at each other, before Jin burst out laughing.

Yoongi could feel his roommate’s body shaking underneath him and he watched with glee how Jin’s eyes crinkled as the most unique sound left his roommate’s mouth whenever he laughed so hard that something similar to a windshield wiping escaped his plump lips.

Yoongi didn’t even realize he was laughing as well, until he felt the corners of his lips hurt from smiling so much while watching Jin losing it at his remark.

He felt oddly proud.

(︺︹︺)

Once they got back to the cottage and changed into warm, dry clothes, Yoongi was in an infinitely better mood than he was in days.

He realized that lately that seemed to be the case whenever he was spending time with Jin.

He tried to ignore that.

Also, he tried to not pay attention at the scene which was currently happening in front of his eyes.

He wanted to disregard the irritation bubbling inside of him as he glanced from his cell phone to the two people sitting at the dining table and speaking in hushed voices, but he couldn’t.

Instead, he tried to be as subtle as he could as he spied on Jin who was currently slapping JB’s shoulder while giggling at JB who had a wide grin and a stupid blush settling on his neck.

Whatever.

None of his ing business, Yoongi thought, feeling pissed off as he swiped his thumb over the screen of his smart phone, not even paying attention to the tweets he was scrolling through, too distracted by the sound of Jin’s bright laugh and JB’s annoying “ Stooop it.” which was so transparent and fake and ugh!

He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn’t even notice when the laughing stopped.

He was already on his feet and ready to go to his room when Jin’s voice reached him.

“ What did you say?”

Yoongi asked, wondering if he had heard right what Jin had said.

“ I said that I am so happy for JB. He finally hooked up with Junior.” his roommate said as he gazed towards the front door where JB was currently, staring at Junior with a smitten look as they held hands.

Yoongi was dumbfounded, until Jin made his way towards him, before stopping and giving him a radiant smile and saying, “ I guess, some people are definitely worth the wait.”

Yoongi had no idea why his heart stuttered at that moment, or why it seemed like there was some sort of a connotation in Jin’s voice when he had said that, but unfortunately Yoongi didn’t have time to analyze what it all meant, because Jin was already climbing up the stairs to their room.

Yoongi was left staring after his roommate who had turned towards him when he reached the top of the stairs and actually winked at him, making Yoongi’s jaw drop and causing Jin to giggle as he walked away.

Yoongi snorted, before muttering under his breath, “ Cheesy idiot”, and smiling to himself.

He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn’t notice another presence behind him.

It was only when he felt somebody tap his shoulder that he looked up and was met with his best friend’s fond gaze.

“ I am so glad you finally moved on, buddy. And honestly, Jin Hyung is a really great guy. I am happy for you.”

Yeah, Jin is really a gr…Wait, what?!

Yoongi didn’t even have time to properly register the words that had left his best friend’s mouth, because Namjoon was already climbing up to the stairs and heading towards his room.

Did Namjoon just insinuate that he has some feelings for Jin?!

Why would he even…How…W-w…

Yoongi stood at the foot of the stairs, completely taken aback.

Jin was his roommate.

His friend.

Jin was…Jin.

And…

.

What was Jin really to him?


Okay, so first of all-I APOLOGIZE FOR THE LONG WAIT. Lately, I don't have time to write. Like, at all! I have been so caught up with exams and then I even got a job offer and I just don't have time for anything. And I started writing this chapter so long ago, but had to stop and finally I told myself that I will finish it today, because it has almost been a month since I last updated and yeah...Also, about my other fics. For all of you who are subscribed to my " All or Nothing" fic, I am so sorry that I have to tell you that I don't know when I will be able to update it. I don't have a writer's block when it comes to that story, or this one for that matter and I have had a very clear idea about both fics ever since the beginning, but I just don't have the time to write them now. :( And I don't know when I will be able to...I have started the final chapter of " All or Nothing' but I didn't want to rush things and make it sloppy so yeah... Thank you for your patience and support and I apologize once again, because it really frustrates me that I am not able to write currently...