Four

To Mend a Broken Heart

I know that this story may give off a slightly boring vibe with nothing major happening for now, but I kind of wanted to achieve this flow. XD


I am so going to kill those idiots the next time I see them, Yoongi thought grimly as he pulled his beanie even lower.

He couldn’t believe that those two morons actually dared make a slit in his precious eyebrow after they found out about his “betrayal”.

The said “betrayal” being him introducing Namjoon to his roommate while avoiding doing the same with those two crazy bastards.

And obviously with good reason, Yoongi grumbled as he spotted his reflection in the mirror, before heading outside.

How in the world Taehyung managed to pin him to the couch last night, muffling any sounds coming from his mouth, or well curse-words and threats about ending their pathetic lives to be precise, while Hoseok whipped a small eyebrow shaver out of his back pocket and made a slit in his left eyebrow within a matter of seconds, was beyond him.

All he knew was that he was left dumbfounded on the sofa while Hoseok and Taehyung burst out laughing, saying “revenge is sweet”, before dashing out of his apartment.

Oh revenge was sweet, indeed, Yoongi now thought with a sinister grin.

Did they really think their consequences wouldn’t have actions?

Crazy motherers should have known better than to mess with him.

He wasn’t called “ the demon” in his 1st year at the University, for nothing.

He made his way towards the café with a smug grin.

He even had coffee this morning, before heading out of the apartment, just so that he could be fully awake to see his friend’s reactions to what he did.

Unfortunately, Seokjin slept in, dead to the world after last night’s party, Yoongi had concluded when he woke up at 11:30 a.m. only to realize that his roommate hadn’t made breakfast, or coffee, which was a first.

Yoongi did not want to bother him and as quietly as he could he made coffee, and even left some for his roommate when he wakes up.

His coffee-making skills were nowhere near Seokjin’s, but it was enough to make him feel less dead this morning, and besides he was going to order another cup of coffee at the café.

He was greeted by the rich scent of freshly brewed coffee as he entered the coffee shop near the University and he easily spotted Namjoon sitting at their usual table near the window while reading some book by Nietzsche.

Seriously, Namjoon should have been a philosophy major instead of a music major like him.

That way he would have some people to talk to about all the deep that went inside his head, and those people might actually be interested in what he had to say.

However, fate was cruel, and Namjoon ranted about his conclusions about the Universe and the world to them from time to time, causing him, Hoseok and Taehyung to look at him in those times as if he had grown a third head.

All he knew was that he got a migraine every time after Namjoon’s “deep-as--monologues”.

He had hoped that today at least, Namjoon wasn’t going to start his rant.

“ Yo!” Yoongi casually said as he plopped down across Namjoon at the table.

His blonde friend looked up at him, wearing a serious expression on his face as he opened his mouth and said, “ Did you know about Nietzsche’s doubts about the viability of Christian underpinnings for moral and cultural life which are not offered in a sunny spirit of anticipated liberation, nor does he present a sober but basically confident call to develop a secular understanding of morality and instead, he launches the famous, aggressive and paradoxical pronouncement that “God is dead”?”

Yoongi stared at Namjoon for a few seconds, neither of them blinking.

“ Hi, may I take your order?” , a friendly female voice interrupted their staring contest and Yoongi looked up at the polite blonde waitress and said in a deadpan voice, “ You may take my life as well, so that I wouldn’t have to suffer listening to this one over here.”

He then cocked his head towards Namjoon who was now frowning at him, and it was obvious he was offended while the waitress chuckled awkwardly.

“Uhm, he doesn’t seem that bad.” , she said with a shy smile and Namjoon’s face lit up while Yoongi rolled his eyes and said, “Trust me, this guy can send you to grave just by talking for a few minutes. And the cause of death would be boredom, because that is the effect he has on people.”

“ Yah!” Namjoon exclaimed offended, trying to slap Yoongi’s arm, but Yoongi dodged it at the last moment with a mocking grin on his face.

He was just about to spare the poor waitress anymore awkwardness and state his order when someone barged into the coffee shop.

Yoongi looked behind the waitress only to see a pastel-haired male frantically looking around the coffee shop, his nostrils flaring in anger.

At that moment he met Yoongi’s gaze and stated in a low voice, “ You! You horrible, horrible, horrible LITTLE MAN!”, his voice had turned into a shrill scream as he stomped his feet towards his and Namjoon’s table with an accusatory finger pointed towards him.

“ Hyung, wait!” a brown haired boy, looking lost, ran after him like a puppy, but the pastel haired boy didn’t seem to care as he proceeded to take decisive steps towards them until he stopped right in front of Hoseok.

“ Hm, what’s the matter, Hobi?~” Yoongi asked in a sweet voice, a smirk gracing his lips as he watched his friend fuming, his face getting red with anger.

“ I will just come back later.” , the waitress murmured before retreating to the counter with Namjoon wistfully looking after her.

“ I should have shaved both of your eyebrows when I had the chance.” Hoseok seethed with anger as he spoke through gritted teeth while Yoongi’s malicious grin grew wider.

“ Hyung, what’s the big deal, anyways? I thought that picture was cute?” ,Taehyung finally caught up to Hoseok who was at the verge of losing his much to Yoongi’s satisfaction, and the pastel-haired male snapped at him, “ To you it’s no big deal since you only wore heals and you do not mind embarrassing yourself like that. But, I, on the other hand have a reputation to uphold! I cannot have girls asking me what shade of lipstick I wore, or telling me how good I look in a freaking skirt!!!”, Hoseok’s voice was now hysteric and Yoongi had a hard time suppressing his laughter.

“ But, you said the skirt was nice and how it made you feel breezy between your legs.” , Taehyung said with a pout and Yoongi was sure that Hoseok’s forehead vein was going to burst any minute.

“That…That is beside the point. And you. That was so ing low. I can’t believe you even took a picture of that when we agreed never to speak of it again.” , Hoseok narrowed his eyes at Yoongi, his words sharp.

“ Well, I didn’t speak of it. I just posted a picture on my Instagram. So, I didn’t break any rules.” , Yoongi said with a -eating grin, loving the way Hoseok looked as if he was going to strangle him.

Yes, payback was a .

And this was why you should never mess with Min Yoongi.

Because, there was always a chance that when you were drunk and decided to cross dress in your apartment just because you felt like it in front of your two sober friends, one of them having a camera and an Instagram page followed by many, the said-sober friend would snap a few photos just in case he needed them as blackmail material.

And the said-friend being a genius, he would use those photos to humiliate his two friends ( well, one, since Tae didn’t seem to mind his love for high heels being exposed) who dared mess with him.

Hoseok groaned in frustration, knowing that he had lost this battle.

“ I suggest you think twice, before you decide to piss me off. Because, who knows what else I have up my sleeve. Or well, in my camera.” , Yoongi’s grin turned dark as he said that and he knew that it had an effect on Hoseok and Taehyung who sat next to Namjoon with Hoseok visibly shuddering as he muttered, “ You are a scary little vengeful demon. I knew it.”

Yoongi’s grin grew wider now that most of people at the University who followed his Instagram profile knew how Jung Hoseok, the talented 3rd year dance major, looked in a short black skirt, high heels, and red lipstick while wasted out of his wits and posing seductively in his apartment in Hongdae with Taehyung in high heels with his leg thrown over Hoseok’s shoulder.

Checkmate, motherers.

(︺︹︺)

The thing was that Yoongi was never self-conscious about his appearance.

It’s not that he thought he was a stunner of some sort in that department, although his close friends always said how it was unfair that he was blessed with such flawless complexion and translucent-like skin, it’s just that he was too lazy to care about how he looked.

Because, if he cared about his appearance that would mean that he would have to wake up earlier just to style his hair, or pick his clothes, or some ridiculous like that which would result in less hours of sleep which was practically a blasphemy in itself.

However, this eyebrow slit really bothered him.

The proof of how annoyed with it was that he was even desperate enough to google how long it took for eyebrows to grow back.

He was even more desperate when he actually clicked on a suggested text titled “The 8 Emotional Stages Of Growing In Your Eyebrows, From Denial To An Anticlimactic Unveiling”

Until that moment in his life, Yoongi never knew the real importance of having normal eyebrows.

It had already been 2 days since Hoseok dared desecrate a precious part of his body, but as hard as Yoongi stared at his reflection in the mirror, the empty spot in his eyebrow kept mocking him.

Well, that settles it.

He was never going to get his hair cut, well at least until his eyebrow grows back, and thanks to whoever invented beanies and snapbacks, he would somehow soldier on and get through this hard emotional times with head held high and beanie held low.

That was the plan actually until something, or well, someone made him realize that he didn’t mind eyebrow.

Even though he managed to hide it with his slightly longer bangs, or a beanie, one morning he made the cardinal mistake of getting out of his room, without fixing his bed hair which was sticking in all directions.

“ Good morning, Yoon…gi…” , his roommate had greeted him in the living room with a bright smile which soon faded.

That made Yoongi look up in confusion, and while he still felt groggy from his sleep, he didn’t fail to notice the way Seokjin was staring at him, his eyes slightly wider and his lips shaped in a form of a little “o”.

Yoongi frowned, wondering what was up with him, and he was just about to voice out his thoughts when Seokjin practically squeaked out, “ Is that an eyebrow slit?!”

.

Yoongi immediately clicked his tongue in annoyance, trying to hide his eyebrow with his hair, but then Seokjin slightly raised his voice, “ No!”

Yoongi looked up at him baffled, and the taller male got slightly flustered when he realized how exaggerated his reaction had been.

He continued in a more quiet voice, while looking away, “ I mean…Don’t hide it. It looks good on you.”

Yoongi widened his eyes at the compliment with Seokjin still refusing to meet his eye while scratching his neck awkwardly.

Yoongi noticed the slight blush spreading across his roommate’s cheekbones and he grinned, thinking how cute it was that his usually calm roommate could get this embarrassed.

Who knew that he liked the bad-boy look since he was so prim and proper most of the time.

Yoongi smirked, gaining confidence as he pushed his hair from his face to reveal eyebrow and said in a slightly teasing voice, “ Well, since you like it so much, Hyung~”

He knew that he was being a little , and now Seokjin realized it too when he finally met his gaze, with his wide eyes, and pink cheeks, before muttering, “ Oh, shut up.”

Yoongi chuckled in amusement as he followed Seokjin to the kitchen, saying in a fake-cutesy voice, “ Awww, but what’s the matter Hyung?? Am I too much for you to handle?”

Yoongi didn’t know what came over him at that moment, but he just wanted to tease his Hyung who seemed really embarrassed at this moment, because it was really so fun to watch Seokjin lose his composure like that.

“ Yes, you really are.” , Seokjin said in a low voice, and Yoongi widened his eyes in surprise, not expecting that answer.

“ Wha…” he was just about to ask Seokjin what he meant by that, but then his tall roommate turned around, and before Yoongi knew it, a piece of toast was shoved in his mouth.

He blinked, feeling dumbfounded, especially when Seokjin chuckled, and said, “ Brat.” , before leaving him in the kitchen with a piece of toast stuffed in his mouth.

Well, touché, he thought with a small chuckle as he ate the warm piece of bread.

Kim Seokjin was definitely made of many interesting layers, and Yoongi really was curious enough about him to start peeling them off one by one.

(︺︹︺)

“Sorry I’m late”, Yoongi said in a flat voice as he sat across Hoseok.

“What happened?”, Hoseok asked.

Yoongi just shrugged his shoulders and said, “ Nothing, I just really didn’t want to come.”

That earned him a “boo” from Taehyung who was unfortunately seated next to him and hollered in his ear, making him temporarily deaf, while Hoseok threw a piece of beef at him.

Surprisingly, for a lethargic person that he was, Yoongi had quick reflexes and so he caught the piece of meat before it touched his face and ate it with a smug grin.

“Obnoxious.”, Hoseok muttered dissatisfied, angrily munching on a piece of beef.

Yoongi craned his neck, trying to see if there was any waiter near their table so that he could make his order.

He was practically starving by this point and he couldn’t wait to dig into the tender, well seasoned medium-rare steak that he ordered every Friday when he met up with his friends in their favourite restaurant in Myeongdong.

It was kind of their tradition ever since they enrolled at the University to meet up regularly every Friday, no matter how busy they were and indulge in the finest barbecue in Seoul.

“ I thought you hated the eyebrow slit?”

Namjoon’s questioning voice made Yoongi look at his friend who had a puzzled look on his face.

Yoongi unconsciously touched his eyebrow, before casually saying, “ Yeah, well I figured that these two idiots actually did me a favour since I look even hotter like this, if that was even possible.”

Both Hoseok and Taehyung groaned at his remark while Namjoon rolled his eyes and said, ‘ Since when did you become such a narcissist?”

“Since I own a mirror.”, Yoongi said, making his friends let out irritated sounds while Yoongi smiled to himself, thinking, since I have Kim Seokjin-the Narcissist Prince as my roommate.

He had just spotted the waiter, about 3 tables away from theirs, and was about to call him over when his cell phone beeped, announcing a new message.

He huffed in annoyance when the waiter didn’t notice him and slumped in the seat while staring at his cell phone screen.

He frowned slightly when he saw that the message was from his roommate.

They did exchange phone numbers after about 2 days of living together on Seokjin’s insistence in case there was some sort of an emergency and they needed to contact each other, but this was a first time that Seokjin had actually sent him something.

He felt uneasy, hoping that there was no emergency, before reading the message.

From: Roommate

Hey, sorry to disturb you, but I was wondering if you are currently in the apartment? I am in the supermarket near the University and I kind of got carried away with the amount of groceries I placed in the shopping cart. Ha…Ha…( ̄*) Anyways, I would appreciate it if you could maybe come by and help me carry it to our apartment? As a token of gratitude, I will make whatever you want for lunch! (^_~) But, if you are busy, it’s fine. I will return some of the groceries and go tomorrow again.

 

Yoongi stared at the message for a few moments, contemplating.

“ Hey, there is the waiter, call him.”, Hoseok had said and Yoongi looked in the direction Hoseok was showing.

And sure enough if Yoongi was to lift his arm now the waiter would see him, and he would get his meal in no time.

His stomach growled, ordering him to do so, and he started raising his hand slowly so as to beckon the waiter over.

“Ah, damn.”, he said in a flat voice when the waiter turned around to serve some other customers in the exact moment he raised his arm.

“ I know you are a sloth, but it was like watching a slow-motion video. Do you want to starve, or what?”, Hoseok asked with a raised eyebrow and Yoongi got up from the table, making all 3 of his friends to look at him in confusion.

“ It is precisely because I don’t plan on starving that I will go and get myself food elsewhere, instead of sitting here and being ignored by that waiter. Catch you later.”, Yoongi had said and started making his way towards the door.

“ Hey, but Fridays barbecue is our tradition!”, Hoseok yelled after him and Yoongi just waved at him and yelled back, “ You will survive one Friday lunch without me.”

As he was about to leave the restaurant, the waiter he had been so desperately trying to call materialized in front of him.

“ I am sorry, I was busy with other customers. I can get your order now.”, the waiter that Yoongi always thought was cute said with an apologetic face.

“ It’s fine. I actually have lunch waiting for me. But, thanks anyways.”, Yoongi said with an apologetic smile and he felt bad when the waiter seemed slightly disappointed at his answer.

When he was outside the restaurant, he pulled out his phone and typed a quick message.

To: Roommate

I am not in the apartment, but I am close. Gonna be there in 15 minutes. Meanwhile get the ingredients for a mouth-watering steak since I am being so kind as to lend you a hand despite my busy schedule.

 

It wasn’t even half a minute after he sent message that his phone beeped signaling a new message.

From: Roommate

Oh, thank you, kind Yoongi-sama. (o^▽^o) Be ready to be blown away by Kim-The Amazing-Seokjin’s steak. \(^▽^)/

 

Yoongi chuckled at the answer and his roommate’s tendency to use various emoticons in a text message.

Yeah, he definitely picked up the narcissistic trait from the one and only Kim-The Amazing-Seokjin.

He didn’t even mind that he was actually at the other end of the town from the supermarket where Seokjin was currently at.

He was too busy thinking of the superb dish he was going to devour soon enough.

Never mind that his stomach protested against his decision to ditch his friends and a meal at his favourite restaurant in favour of helping his roommate and being rewarded by his cooking.

He didn’t tell his friends where he was going, because he was sure that Hoseok and Taehyung would somehow manage to tag along, and he couldn’t watch them drool over Seokjin while the latter politely smiled at them, pretending to be oblivious of their poor attempts at flirting.

It was saddening, really.                  

Also, this was the least he could do for his roommate who was so kind to him.

Nevermind the fact that he hated going grocery shopping, or carrying heavy stuff even more than he hated washing the dishes.

However, Seokjin’s grateful smile kind of made all those activities bearable.