Twelve

To Mend a Broken Heart

Once Yoongi was inside of his old dorm room, he expected to be hit with a wave of emotions concerning the memories he and Jimin created in here.

However, he felt nothing.

Honestly, it was hard to feel anything and to reminiscence about their time together when the room looked nothing like he remembered it.

The first thing that he noticed was how filthy one side of the room was.

The side which used to belong to him.

Contrary to the time when he lived there and actually made an effort to keep his side of the room clean, since he spent most of the time on his bed with his laptop (and because he didn’t want Jimin to think that he was a dirty pig), Jimin’s current roommate didn’t seem to care  much about the impression he left.

That was plain as day, judging by the pile of dirty underwear and socks surrounding the bed which used to be his, not to mention the food leftovers on the bed, and if he was not mistaken-there was even something moving in that pile of trash.

He’d rather not stick around long enough to find out what.

“ How disgusting.” he muttered under his breath, unaware that he had said it perhaps louder than intended, but then Jimin’s nervous voice ringed in his ears as he answered, “ Yeah, well, not everyone can be as tidy as you,” reminding him of where exactly he was and making something twist in his stomach.

“ It’s called basic hygiene. Your new roommate should look it up on the Internet, before this becomes a source of plague.” Yoongi stated offhandedly, before turning around to look at Jimin.

He would be lying if he said that he felt nothing in that moment when he saw how Jimin was looking at him, with those large brown eyes, flickering with so many emotions which almost made Yoongi dizzy.

He wasn’t sure what it was that he was feeling currently, but he could feel his palms sweating and he wasn’t so sure anymore if this was a good idea.

Maybe he still wasn’t ready for this.

But then, Jimin tentatively asked while looking at the floor, “ How is Jin Hyung?” which made electricity rush through Yoongi’s spine as he stood straighter, remembering Jin’s sad eyes when he told him that he needed some time alone.

Suddenly, he was aware that this had to be done and he clenched his fists in determination.

He owed Jin at least that much after everything that had happened.

“ He is better.” Yoongi replied curtly, not wanting to reveal too much about Jin to Jimin.

Especially since he did not know what Jimin’s ulterior motive was in befriending the elder.

Jimin seemed to have picked up on the reserved tone in his voice and he bit his lip worriedly, before saying, “ Yoongi, I really didn’t mean for anything to happen to Jin Hyung.”

Yoongi suddenly felt angry as he sharply responded, “Then what exactly did you expect to happen, huh Jimin?”

Yoongi didn’t cave in, not even when hurt and shock flashed in Jimin’s eyes.

Yoongi still continued in an unrelenting tone of voice, “Why would you even ask for Jin to come with you and Jungkook when you knew I would be bothered? Did you want to seduce him as well? What, has Taemin got bored of you already?”

He knew that he was harsh, judging by the slightly glossy look in Jimin’s eyes, but he couldn’t stop himself.

He didn’t want to.

Not after everything Jimin had done and especially not after he even dragged Jin in all of this and caused even greater suffering to the elder.

It was unforgivable.

“Do you really have such a low opinion of me?” Jimin asked in a shaky voice, but Yoongi felt no sympathy.

“What do you think?” he snorted mockingly while crossing his arms over his chest.

Jimin’s act wasn’t fooling him.

Maybe in the past that would have worked on him, but not anymore.

He was wiser now.

He knew that half of the time, Park Jimin used his gentle eyes to get what he wanted, and this time Yoongi was not going to succumb to his tricks.

Jimin seemed to be aware of it as well, because he let out an exasperated sigh, his voice not so shaky anymore as he said, “ Fine. I know you have every right not to believe me, but no. I really did not want to hurt Jin Hyung in any way. Please, at least trust me about that.”

Yoongi narrowed his eyes at the younger male, trying to search his face for any sign of deceit, but he found none.

“Then why? Why the would you make Jungkook invite him to the nightclub with you?” Yoongi asked impatiently.

The thought of Jimin harming Jin in any way had his blood running cold and he wanted answers as soon as possible.

Jimin just let out a defeated sigh as he sat on his bed.

“I did that to get close to you.” Jimin confessed, making Yoongi’s lips part open in shock.

Well, he certainly didn’t expect this.

 ”Oh, don’t look so surprised.” Jimin said when he saw his stunned expression and continued, “ I have been trying to get close to you ever since our breakup and ever since I realized how bad I have ed up. I let the best thing that has ever happened to me slip out of my hands, and I wanted to get you back. But, you told me to back off and I knew that I had to wait for you to calm down a bit. I even begged Hobi and Tae to help me make things right, but they were loyal to you. It hurt actually, to see how much they despised me. It was then that I realized just how grave my sin was.”

Yoongi looked at the male on the bed who seemed so broken as he stared at him with a sad smile, and he was at a loss for words.

“ Finally, I thought that luck was on my side when I came to the apartment of Jungkook’s friend and there you magically were. In front of me, looking more beautiful than ever. But, you didn’t even give me a chance to say anything. I was planning on waiting for you in ambush, but then Jin Hyung started telling me all this stuff about you and I couldn’t believe it. He said how you were usually grumpy and how I shouldn’t worry because you were actually a really sweet and loyal person once you put your guard down. And from the way he talked about you, I got suspicious.” Jimin said in a tight voice and Yoongi felt uneasy all of a sudden.

“I realized that I needed to make you come to me first. Also, I wanted to find out what exactly the relationship between you and Jin Hyung was. That’s why I haven’t told him anything about us, since I figured out that he knew nothing about it. At first, I invited Jin Hyung to the nightclub so that I would get him to talk about you and to confirm if he liked you in a more then a friendship sort of way. But then, when he came upset and I asked what was wrong-he told me he had a fight with you. That’s when I knew that I could lure you in by using Jin Hyung. I was planning on becoming friends with him, so that you would finally snap one day and confront me about it…But, then all of that happened with that guy spiking his drink and I felt so bad. Yoongi, I never meant for him to get hurt. I am not that kind of person.”

Jimin was looking at him with pleading eyes at that moment, but Yoongi couldn’t believe that Jimin actually wanted to use Jin to get to him.

That was so low.

“What gives you the right to use people close to me for your selfish needs? You haven’t changed at all.” Yoongi spat out coldly while gritting his teeth and he saw how Jimin flinched at that.

Good.

He needed to feel at least an ounce of that agonizing pain that he had felt when Jimin broke his heart.

However, the shorter male’s eyes were filling with tears as he stood up and closed the distance between them.

Yoongi blinked twice as his ex now stood in front of him, staring at him with so much regret and grief that suddenly Yoongi’s desire for Jimin to feel at least a bit like he had felt deflated in an instant.

What good would it do if he made Jimin like that?

That wouldn’t magically mend his broken heart.

It would just make him more bitter and consumed with hate and he did not want that.

“ Yoongi, I never stopped loving you. I broke up with Taemin after a few days, and I kept thinking of a way to get you back ever since. I haven’t been able to sleep, or eat properly and I have been messing up my dance moves, because I can’t stop thinking of you.”

Jimin’s voice was trembling, and Yoongi did indeed notice how pale Jimin had become and how much skinnier he was than before.

He felt something clenching in his chest.

Sure, Jimin may have torn his heart to pieces with his infidelity and while Yoongi still hasn’t managed to glue those pieces back together, he did not wish this for the younger boy.

He knew how important dancing was to Jimin and he could only imagine how crushed he would be if someone took music away from him, so he did not want for Jimin’s passion to be ruined like that.

“ Jimin, dancing is your passion. Don’t ruin it, you are too talented for it and you worked harder than most people to get where you are now.” Yoongi said in a serious voice while staring at Jimin who widened his eyes at him.

“ Yoongi…” Jimin exhaled and Yoongi felt his heart beat accelerating at the tone of voice Jimin used when saying his name.

It was just like before.

When they were still happy and madly in love.

“ Yoongi, if you just let me, I will spend every day making up for what I did. I will love you harder than ever and I will never hurt you like that again. Please, give me another chance.” Jimin whispered and Yoongi just stared at him.

His body couldn’t move and he couldn’t utter a response.

Jimin took his silence as a sign of approval, cautiously resting his hand on Yoongi’s cheek which caused Yoongi to shiver and close his eyes instinctively.

He could hear the pounding of his heart, he could feel Jimin’s warm breath ghosting over his upper lip and then he could see a face in his head.

A pink-haired male smiling at him softly while fondly calling his name and telling him to wake up, or he will be late for his lecture.

That made him snap his eyes open right in the moment when Jimin was about to connect their lips.

He turned his head to the side, before Jimin could do that and he felt the younger male still his movement.

“If I gave you a second chance, it would never be the same. Even if I forgave you, I would never be able to trust you again, no matter what you did.” Yoongi said sincerely.

Suddenly, the hand from his face fell and he looked at Jimin, who chuckled dryly while running a hand through his silver locks, “So, I guess this is really the end? I ed up completely?”

Instead of answering, Yoongi just went pass him.

However, he stopped at the door and said, “Don’t up the next time you find someone you care about. Good luck, Jimin.”

And he really meant it.

He was just about to get out of the dorm room which held no more memories for him.

Well, maybe it held one now.

A memory of him finally moving on.

“ Yoongi!”

When Jimin called his name, he turned around only to see the shorter male looking at him with a sad smile as he said, “You know what’s funny? Even when you found out about me and Taemin, you never wanted to hurt me physically. But, when you thought that Jin Hyung was hurt, you didn’t hesitate in threatening to hit me.”

Yoongi widened his eyes at Jimin in that moment and then Jimin chuckled and said, “I hope everything works out between you and Jin Hyung. You deserve happiness, Yoongi.”

And Yoongi knew that Jimin was sincere in that moment, so he nodded at him and closed the door behind him.

He finally knew what he had to do.           

(︺︹︺)

The torture continued for about 4 more days, until Yoongi finally got a text from Jin in which the elder informed him that he would be coming to the apartment in the afternoon, so that they could sort everything out.

He didn’t let his nerves get the best of him and he patiently waited for his roommate’s arrival.

He may have dozed off on the couch a few times while waiting for the elder, but when he heard the click of a key turning, he quickly jumped to his feet.

His breath got stuck in his throat when he was finally face to face with Jin.

Even though not much time has passed since the elders leave, to him it felt like an eternity has passed.

He had so many things to say, and yet he didn’t know where to start as he stared at the elder.

So, he blurted out the first thing that came to his mind which was, “ Your hair…”

Jin looked a bit taken aback, but then gave him a small smile as if realizing what Yoongi was talking about.

As he self-consciously touched his freshly dyed glossy hair which resembled the colour of fallen brown leaves, Jin looked at him with those gentle eyes and Yoongi felt as if he was melting in that moment.

“Yeah, I needed a change.” Jin finally said and Yoongi felt slightly anxious.

He wondered if Jin was implying something else when he said that he needed a “change”, but he tried to disregard the uneasy feeling pressuring his chest.

A sudden silence ensued with both of them awkwardly standing like that and not knowing what to say.

Finally, Yoongi broke the silence and asked, “So, how have you been?”

Jin looked a bit startled by the question, but then relaxed and said, “Better. I really needed this time alone to be with my thoughts.”

Ouch.

Yoongi tried to hide how dejected he felt by giving a curt nod.

He was just about to say something else, but then Jin beat him to it.

“ Yoongi, I’ve thought a lot about everything and I have decided to move out.” Jin finally said, his voice breaking at the end.

Yoongi pursed his lips at that statement, but kept silent otherwise while staring at the elder.

He was prepared for this as well, but he hoped that Jin wouldn’t say that.

Jin looked at him with a slightly wary expression, but continued nevertheless in a voice which conveyed how hard it was for him to talk about his decision.

“I know that it will hurt not seeing you and living with you, but it would be even more painful if I stayed here, knowing that you can’t return my feelings. Maybe you can continue living like that and act as if we are just roommates and friends, but I am really not that strong. I just like you too much at this moment. Maybe after some time has passed, I will be able to hang out with you, but I can’t right now. I am sorry.”

Yoongi showed no reaction which made Jin bite his lower lip worriedly as he said in a dejected voice, “ Well, I guess I will be taking my leave then. Someone will get my stuff in a week and of course I will continue to pay the rent until you find someone else to live with.”

Then he let out an exasperated sigh and stuttered slightly as he said, “I guess this is g-goodbye…I wish you would say something, though.”

As Jin looked at him expectantly, Yoongi finally parted his lips, his tone of voice determined as he said, “ You can’t leave. I forbid you.”

Jin took a moment, or two, to realize what exactly the younger male had said, and when he did, he chuckled dryly and asked in a disbelieving voice, “You can’t be serious?”

“I am dead serious.” Yoongi immediately replied without any trace of hesitation.

Jin stared at the slightly shorter male in front of him who had his arms crossed and a challenging expression on his face and he wondered if Yoongi had completely lost his mind.

“ I know that you are picky about who you are going to live with and I know that you don’t like wasting your time by socializing with people and that I was a very suitable roommate, but how can you be so ING SELFISH ONCE AGAIN?! You said you wouldn’t hurt me anymore and yet you are only thinking of yourself once again?! I am really disappointed in you…I thought that you were better than that.” Jin said with a sad expression.

Yoongi didn’t even flinch during his speech and instead said, “I have to be selfish this one last time. Because, if I am not selfish now, then I will never forgive myself for letting the guy I am in love with to leave my side.”

Jin blinked a few times at the blonde, before saying in a voice above a whisper, “W-what?”

Yoongi finally smiled, taking a step forward and taking Jin’s hands into his own.

“I am in love with you. Just you. No one else. And I want to be with you. Only with you.” Yoongi responded with a gentle voice and an even softer expression as he intertwined their fingers.

Jin could feel his lips trembling while his heart hammered against his chest.

“Yoongi, if you are saying this just because you don’t want to lose me as a roommate then…” Jin started in a tentative voice, but was interrupted by Yoongi’s eye roll as he cut him off in an offended voice, “ What do you take me for? I would never do something like that, you dork.”

Jin pouted at being called a dork, but then Yoongi got even closer and whispered in that low voice which always made Jin’s knees go weak, “ So? What do you say? Will you be my boyfriend, Kim Seokjin?”

Jin could feel a tear of happiness rolling down his cheek as he let out a disbelieving chuckle and said, “ What do you think, you jerk?” before leaning down and pressing his lips to Yoongi’s, just to definitely show Yoongi what exactly his answer was.

His chest was threatening to burst from the sudden rush of flutters when he felt Yoongi smiling against his lips, before taking the lead and grabbing the back of his neck and pulling him closer to deepen the kiss.

Jin wasted no time in parting his lips and allowing his roommate-turned-boyfriend to claim his lips and whatever else he wanted.

After all, he had already claimed his heart a long time ago.   

(︺︹︺)

“So, Jimin wanted to get back with you?” Jin asked as he rested his hand on Yoongi’s chest while the blonde ran his fingers through his hair in a soothing manner.

He could feel the steady rise and fall of Yoongi’s chest as they sat on the sofa in their leaving room, cuddling after Yoongi had proclaimed his love for him.

“ Yeah. I was also surprised.” Yoongi answered casually.

Jin played with the front of Yoongi’s shirt, twisting it lightly between his fingers as he murmured, “ Why were you surprised? You are a guy of many charms, so it is no wonder he wanted you back.”

Yoongi looked down at the now brown-haired male and said with a grin, “Oh? Then, was it love at first sight for you? Was I so irresistible when we met that you just had to do everything to live with me and win me over?”

He enjoyed teasing the elder, who usually got embarrassed quickly, but this time Jin just slapped his chest playfully and gave him a menacing glare which was honestly so adorable and totally unthreatening that Yoongi couldn’t help but chuckle fondly at him.

“You can’t be the narcissistic one in this relationship. That role is already taken.” Jin said and stuck his tongue out at him, before once again resting his head on his chest.

“I wouldn’t dream of taking that role from you. After all you were born to play it.” Yoongi poked fun at his boyfriend and once again got a response in a form of a smack against his tummy this time.

He let out a little yelp since he was sensitive there, but then Jin continued playing with the fabric of his shirt and they stayed snuggled like that in silence.

It was really comforting, Yoongi thought, feeling truly happy after a long time.

He wasn’t even aware that he was smiling to himself until Jin said, “It may not have been love at first sight, but I definitely thought you were charming when we met.”

Yoongi looked at him surprised, but Jin still wasn’t looking at him.

However, Yoongi could see the way Jin’s ears were becoming pink as the elder continued his confession.

“ Also, I have never met anyone like you before. You were blunt, grumpy and lazy.”

Yoongi frowned at that, ready to protest, but then closed his mouth as Jin continued talking in a hushed, more gentle tone of voice.

“ But, you were also passionate about music, hardworking and it was obvious that you cared about your friends a lot, despite how you pretended to be annoyed with them all the time.”

It wasn’t pretense, they really are irritating most of the times-especially Hoseok, Yoongi thought, but didn’t correct Jin and just let him talk.

He really wanted to hear what the elder had to say.

“And you were always nice to me. Helping me with groceries and showing interest in what I did during the day. It felt nice. Usually, most people, except my closest friends, were interested in me because of my pretty face, but they rarely cared about who I was as a person. They just wanted to hook up with me and I guess I liked it that you were different. Well, until you asked me if I would date one of your friends. It was then that I started to realize that I actually got disappointed that you were not at all interested in me romantically. I think that since that day on, I started to fall for you, little by little.”

Yoongi didn’t even realize that he held his breath during that whole time, too transfixed by Jin’s words, until Jin looked up at him and asked in a slightly concerned voice, “Are you okay? You stopped breathing.”

Yoongi stared at those worried, sincere eyes and he exhaled, saying, “I am most definitely okay, since I have you with me.”

Before Jin could splutter and get all flustered by his response, Yoongi leaned down and caught Jin’s lips in a kiss in which he poured everything that he currently felt for the elder.

Being with Jin has been so easy since day one.

He was always himself ever since they started living together and Jin never tried to force him to be someone that he wasn’t.

He was sure that if he hadn’t been heart-broken over Jimin during that period, that maybe he would have noticed sooner how gorgeous and amazing his new roommate was.

However, he was grateful that things turned out like this, because it all happened so naturally and without a rush.

And now he could say with 100% certainty that he was absolutely crazy about Kim Seokjin.           

With that thought in mind, he brought his other hand, which was not in Jin’s hair, to Jin’s jaw, angling it for better access to his mouth.

Jin gave in to him without a second thought, welcoming Yoongi’s advances as the blonde parted his lips with his mouth, completely the air out of him and causing Jin to gasp for air.

He kissed back without hesitation, the fingers which were playing with the fabric of Yoongi’s shirt now clutching the front of it and pulling him down until there was no space left between their bodies.

Yoongi let out a low groan escape his mouth as he adjusted their bodies, so that he was lying on top of Jin now.

When Yoongi pulled away, opening his eyes and staring at Jin with that dark gaze, Jin felt excitement rising inside of him.

This was finally happening, he thought, as he whispered Yoongi’s name, causing the blonde to place one hand on the cushion next to him and the other on his cheek.

The tension between them was palpable, but no words needed to be spoken as Yoongi leaned down immediately, their chest pressed together as their bodies tangled and as Jin let Yoongi completely sink into him, he felt certain that if he could, he would have let Yoongi stay anchored there forever.

(︺︹︺)

“I am glad that you two have finally talked things through. Yoongi really needs someone like you in his life to make him act like a functional human being.” Namjoon said with a knowing face.

“ Yah!” Yoongi hissed as he threw a French fry at his best friend’s treacherous face, “ You make me sound incompetent!”

Namjoon, being the uncoordinated fool that he was, of course tried to avoid the French fry only to accidentally knock over his chocolate milkshake in the process, causing it to spill all over their table at McDonalds.

“You better worry about yourself, since you can’t be left alone for one second.” Yoongi mocked, causing Namjoon to scowl at him.

“ Yoongi, don’t waste food.” Jin reprimanded him as he took a napkin to clean the mess on the table while Hoseok and Taehyung snickered at Yoongi, who mumbled, “ Sorry, Jinnie~”

“ Jinnie?!” Hoseok echoed while clutching his stomach and causing Yoongi to shoot him a death glare.

“ Hyung, you are so WHIPPED!” Taehyung added, causing Hoseok to finally burst out laughing while Yoongi curled his fist, cursing under his breath.

He was just about to land a punch on one of the two idiots, but then he felt Jin’s hand on his own.

He looked at the elder who smiled at him while intertwining their fingers and pressing a soft kiss to the corner of his mouth which made his murderous urge die down in an instant.

Well, maybe not die down completely, but at least when Jin was here.

When he leaves, those brats better run for their lives, Yoongi thought with a sinister expression.

“ Hyuuung, look at him!” Hoseok whined, “ I think he is plotting our murder.” and Taehyung nodded fervently with wide, alarmed eyes when he noticed Yoongi’s expression.

“ Nonsense. Yoongi would never hurt you two. Isn’t that right, Yoongichi?~” Jin cooed at his boyfriend lovingly.

“Of course not. They are my closest friends after all.” Yoongi said in a sweet voice, before placing a long kiss on the elder’s lips.

“ See? Nothing to worry about!” Jin exclaimed cheerfully, before continuing to help Namjoon clean the mess on the table.

While he was not paying attention, Yoongi turned to the idiotic duo, who looked at him warily, and mouthed, “You are D.E.A.D.” while gesturing with his finger how he was going to slice their necks.

“I KNEW IT!” Hoseok yelled accusatorily as he jumped out of his chair with Taehyung in tow, who yelled, “Get away from us, Satan’s Spawn!!!” and then ran after Hoseok.

“ What’s up with them?” Jin then asked with a questioning look after finally cleaning the table.

“ You know how those two are. Leave them be.” Yoongi said with a grin, before pulling the elder in a long kiss and causing Namjoon to groan, “ Ah, go to your apartment you two, if you are going to be like that. Gross.”

Both Yoongi and Jin chuckled into the kiss when they heard Namjoon leave the table while muttering under his breath how they as friends and how he was never going to stay with them alone since he had better things to do than to third-wheel.

“ I guess it’s just you and me.” Jin said with eyes which sparkled even under the ty lights in McDonald.

Yoongi smirked and said, “ I don’t mind that one bit,” before he grabbed the back of his boyfriend’s neck and pulled him into a fiery kiss which later turned into a full-on make out session causing them to be banned from the McDonalds near their apartment.

Luckily, there were many more fast-food restaurants from which Yoongi couldn’t wait to be kicked out of for worshipping his boyfriend’s lips and body.

Although, Jin might break up with him, if they really get banned from all those places since inhaling food in various places was sort of a religious thing for Jin.

However, he would just have to worry about that later, Yoongi thought as he pulled his giggly boyfriend towards their apartment to eagerly continue where they left off.

Luckily, they had every day ahead of them to do that and Yoongi was sure that he was going to make the best out of each day.

Starting now.


I know that some of you may feel that the end came to soon, but I actually planned to end this story after 12, or 13 chapters since the beginning. I already had most of this chapter written since some time ago, but I needed to write those chapters in-between. Anyways, I really enjoyed writing this story since the beginning, right until the end. It was so new for me to write everything from Yoongi's perspective and it was exciting. Also, this was not a hate-to-love genre which is my favourite and yet I never once got bored with how Jin's and Yoongi's relationship developed. I hoped most of you enjoyed it as well. Anyways, as always, thank you for sticking till the end and for giving this fic love. :)