Two

To Mend a Broken Heart

From: Sunshine☼

To: TaeTae~, GrumpyRock -.-, God-of-Destruction

 

Dearly beloved, we have gathered here today to discuss the grave sins of Min Yoongi.

 

From: GrumpyRock -.-

To: Sunshine☼, TaeTae~, God-of-Destruction

 

The , Hoseok? ?

 

From: Sunshine☼

To: TaeTae~, GrumpyRock -.-, God-of-Destruction

 

About a week ago it has come to our attention that the person in question has been hiding a beautiful gem in his apartment.

 

From: GrumpyRock -.-

To: Sunshine☼, TaeTae~, God-of-Destruction

 

Not this again -.-

 

From: Sunshine☼

To: TaeTae~, GrumpyRock -.-, God-of-Destruction

 

And while myself and Tae are pacifists by nature, this kind of wrongdoing by Min Yoongi cannot go unnoticed… (◣_◢)

 

From: God-of-Destruction

To: Sunshine☼, TaeTae~, GrumpyRock -.-

 

 Why am I added to this chat? O.o

 

From: Sunshine☼

To: TaeTae~, GrumpyRock -.-, God-of-Destruction

 

To witness the roasting of the deceiver that is the selfish Min Yoongi…

 

From: TaeTae~

To: Sunshine☼, GrumpyRock -.-, God-of-Destruction

 

YOU TELL ‘EM, HOBI!!!!!! ()

 

From: God-of-Destruction

To: Sunshine☼, TaeTae~, GrumpyRock -.-

 

I would love to, but knowing what a little volcano the said-deceiver  is, I’d hate to be in your shoes when he errupts.

 

From: GrumpyRock -.-

To: Sunshine☼, TaeTae~, God-of-Destruction

 

Jung Hoseok.

 Kim Taehyung.

 I am only going to say this once.

 

From: God-of-Destruction

To: Sunshine☼, TaeTae~, GrumpyRock -.-

 

Judging by his tone it seems that it’s going to happen sooner than I thought it would. Well, it was nice knowing you guys.

 R.I.P. Jung Hoseok.

 R.I.P. Kim Taehyung.

*grabs popcorn*

 

From: GrumpyRock -.-

To: Sunshine☼, TaeTae~, God-of-Destruction

 

If you value your pathetic little lives, you are going to stop spamming my inbox with this kind of ridiculous .

 

From: Sunshine☼

To: TaeTae~, GrumpyRock -.-, God-of-Destruction

 

What I would value is your gorgeous roommate’s inside of my . (☆ω☆)

 

From: TaeTae~

To: Sunshine☼, GrumpyRock -.-, God-of-Destruction

 

How can it be in yours when it will be in mine? (•_•)?

 

From: Sunshine☼

To: TaeTae~, GrumpyRock -.-, God-of-Destruction

 

 Tae, I am not a greedy person. We can share. Why do you think God gave us a mouth as well? (^_~)

 

From: TaeTae~

To: Sunshine☼, GrumpyRock -.-, God-of-Destruction

 

You are so wise! (✯◡✯)

 

From: God-of-Destruction

To: Sunshine☼, TaeTae~, GrumpyRock -.-

 

Oh God. \(〇_o)/

 

From: GrumpyRock -.-

To: Sunshine☼, TaeTae~, God-of-Destruction

 

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

-GrumpyRock -.- has left the conversation.

 

“Freaking erts.”, Yoongi grumbled under his breath and threw his phone on the bed.

Now he was definitely never going to introduce them to Seokjin.

The guy will start running for his life if he gets to meet these thirsty s.

How did he even befriend such idiots in the first place?

A genius like him should not be associated with such people, Yoongi lamented his poor choice of friends as he focused on composing his new song.

But, in no less than 2 minutes his phone rang.

Seriously, if it was Hoseok or Taehyung to at him over the phone for leaving the conversation, he was going to drag their assess to hell and back.

“ What do you want?” Yoongi grunted in his phone, irritated that he was being interrupted right at this moment when his creative juices were flowing at full speed.

“ That is no way to treat a friend.” a male voice responded in an offended-whiny tone.

Yoongi frowned for a moment thinking how this voice was familiar, but it wasn’t Hoseok or Taehyung.

It was an annoying voice, but a different kind of annoying than Hoseok’s high-pitched voice and Taehyung’s deep whiny-aegyoish one.

He checked the caller ID and let out a sigh as he answered in a disgruntled voice, “ Maybe not a friend, but someone who calls me in the middle of the night and disrupts me from making music deserves for me to hang up immediately which is exactly what I will do in 3…2...”

“WAIT!” the male voice on the other line shrieked and Yoongi had to remove the phone from his ear.

He let out a tired sigh and said, “ You have 10 seconds. Talk.”

“Okay, so I know you do not work on week days, but our DJ cancelled at the last minute and my boss is going to fire me if I don’t find a replacement, so pleeeeease…” the male voice pleaded over the phone and Yoongi knew the kind of face Chanyeol had in that moment judging by his voice.

He had that puppy face that he used to convince people to do whatever he wanted and as tough as Min Yoongi was, even he was not immune to the kicked-puppy look of Park Chanyeol.

“Goddammit. Fine. But, you better pay me some extra cash for saving your sorry-.” Yoongi grunted in the phone and he was sure that Chanyeol didn’t even hear anything else aside from him saying “fine.”, because he was now squealing from happiness over the phone.

“ You are the best!!! Okay, hurry up, because the place is already packed. See you in a bit!” Chanyeol yelled excitedly, before hanging up.

Yoongi rubbed at his temples, letting out an exhausted sigh.

Not only was he tricked into being a DJ tonight even though it wasn’t the weekend when he actually did work as a DJ at the nightclub where Chanyeol was a waiter and got him the job 2 years ago, but he was also pretty sure that his friend was going to try to bribe him with booze instead of paying him for tonight’s work.

However, he did owe Chanyeol since he got him the job, but then again he couldn’t even recall how many times he had to drag Chanyeol’s drunken to his house and pay the bill at the bar for him, so maybe it was the other way around.

Chanyeol actually owed him.

Oh well, he liked being a DJ, so this wasn’t such a hassle, but he was tired from lack of sleep these past few days when he finally got the inspiration to write a new song after such a long time.

It was the first time in a long time that he started writing something that wasn’t completely dark and related to his feelings concerning the person whose name shall not be mentioned.

He was absolutely buzzing, his fingers itching to write and produce the new song that it was worth developing an insomnia during these past few days.

But now, he had to leave all of that to help out his giant overgrown puppy-eyed friend.

Sometimes he was amazed at his own kindness, really.

He raked his hand through his freshly dyed blonde locks, grabbing a pair of acid washed skinny jeans, not changing his plain black t-shirt that he wore around the house along with his favourite black leather jacket.

He saved his work on the laptop, before turning it off and grabbing the apartment keys.

He left his bedroom at the same time Seokjin left his and they almost bumped into each other in the living room.

“ Oh, hey. I am not used to seeing you this late.”, his roommate said with a sheepish smile and Yoongi would answer something, but he was too distracted with Seokjin’s slippers.

They were bright pink, extremely fluffy and they had huge eyes and ears.

They looked like something straight-out-of a Japanese anime.

It was in complete contrast with his roommate’s black sweatpants and purple tee.

“ Going somewhere?” ,his roommate asked and Yoongi finally looked up from those ridiculous slippers and met Seokjin’s puzzled look.

“ Yeah, some DJ bailed and my friend asked me to cover for him tonight.” Yoongi answered nonchalantly, perplexed by the forming frown on his roommate’s face.

Yoongi scowled as well, thinking how that look definitely was not suited for Seokjin’s face.

He usually had a bright expression, even early in the morning ( how did he do it was a complete mystery for Yoongi who felt like dying every morning) and almost always smiled, so his usually cheerful roommate looking concerned was definitely something that didn’t sit well with Yoongi.

Seokjin pursed his unbelievable plush lips ( seriously who had such big lips? They were even bigger than Namjoon’s and that was really a feat) and said, “ But, you have lectures tomorrow. And it is already hard for you to wake up as it is, especially if you come in the morning or something like that. And I have an important presentation in the early morning, so I won’t be able to prepare you your morning dose of caffeine, or wake you up when you snooze all of the alarms.”

Yoongi stood there for a few moments, unsure how to react.

He was taken aback by the fact that his roommate knew his schedule so well and worried about him not having his morning coffee.

Something tugged at his heart and Yoongi smiled comfortingly, before saying, “ Don’t worry. I managed to wake up just fine even before we were roommates, so I am sure that I will handle one night of staying up so late and I will survive by ordering something from Starbucks in the morning.”

Although he said that, now that he had a taste of the coffee Seokjin made for him every day, Starbucks seemed like a poor substitute, but he wasn’t going to say that.

Especially since his roommate still seemed unconvinced by his words.

“ Honestly, it is a wonder how you survived all these years. Your previous roommate probably had his hands full with you.” , the taller male said with a light chuckle, but Yoongi wasn’t laughing.

In fact his body went completely rigid, and he averted his gaze, mumbling, “ Yeah, right. See ya later.”

And with that Yoongi bolted out of the apartment leaving one confused Kim Seokjin behind.

(︺︹︺)

By the time Yoongi was finished with his DJ-ing for the night and then with his hard task of dragging a half-drunk Chanyeol from the dance floor while using all of his force to stop him from grinding on some kid that looked eerily similar to Taehyung, Bacon-something, he was dead beat to say the least.

He made heavy steps from the subway to his apartment and by the time he was finally in his apartment, it was already 7 a.m.

His stomach let out an unpleasant sound and he cursed his roommate for getting him used to the fine things in life and increasing his appetite.

When he lived only on ramyun, he could go days without his stomach protesting at not being fed.

He just wanted to plop down on his bed and never get up again, or at least until 12:15 p.m. when his lecture on Music History was supposed to start, but his stomach growled again, startling even him from how loud the sound was.

He dragged himself towards the kitchen when he noticed two plates on the dining table covered with a snug layer of foil.

Next to it was an obnoxiously pink thermos with some kind of weird looking dog on it.

“Jjanggu” was written beneath the silly-looking white fluffy dog and Yoongi took the thermos, only then noticing the post-it on it.

Shockers-it was also pink.

He tried to focus his tired eyes and stared at the neat handwriting on it.

“ The breakfast is not much, but it will do. And I know you have a thermos, but I didn’t want to enter your room and invade your privacy, so here is mine. There is enough of coffee in it to get you through the day.

P.S. Isn’t my Jjjanggu the cutest dog you have ever seen? >.<”

Yoongi read the note a few more times, before he chuckled.

Seriously, was his roommate for real?

Maybe Taehyung was right, maybe he really was an angel.

An angel with an obsession with pink, it seems, Yoongi concluded while opening the thermos.

The rich scent of black, strong coffee invaded his nostrils and he felt at peace as soon as he took a sip of that soothing, warm liquid.

He felt even guiltier now after everything that Seokjin had done for him, even after Yoongi rudely rushed out of the apartment the previous night.

After all, it’s not like Seokjin could have known that he shouldn’t talk about some topics in front of him.

Well, one topic at least.

But then again, he didn’t tell Seokjin about it and he saw no reason in doing that now.

He and Seokjin were not friends.

They were just roommates and also if he could he would have been content if only him and Jimin knew about what had happened between them, but with his nosy, overly-caring friends constantly bugging him if he was okay after everything that had happened, he had to tell them too.

But he didn’t have to tell it to Seokjin.

Besides, what had happened was no big deal.

He gripped the thermos, feeling annoyed, but then he saw that funny-looking dog staring at him and he remembered the ‘Isn’t my Jjjanggu the cutest dog you have ever seen? >.<’ part on the post-it that made him laugh out loud.

Seriously, his roommate was something alright.

His mood became better and he was thankful to Seokjin, so he wrote a quick “ Thanks.” On the pink post-it and left it on the table.

He was headed towards his room when he stopped midway, biting his lower lip and pondering on whether he should do it.

“Oh to hell with it”, he muttered and went into his bedroom, opening the drawer in his desk and taking out a Polaroid he kept there.

He went back to the dining room, placing the Polaroid on the table and scribbling beneath his thanks.

“ Sorry, but I have to disagree. My Holly is way cuter!!!”

He contemplated for a moment, the pen still in his hand and he really wasn’t the type to draw things like that, but his roommate definitely seemed like that sort of person, so Yoongi drew a little ¯\_()_/¯ at the end of his note and retreated to his bedroom while smiling to himself.

His roommate wasn’t the only one with a cute dog, he thought proudly.

(︺︹︺)

“ So?”

“ So what?”

“ So, have you asked your stunning roommate which one he would choose? Me, or Tae?” Hoseok said while rolling his eyes at his friend’s ignorance.

Yoongi took another sip of his beer while sitting on Hoseok’s sofa in the cramped apartment he shared with Taehyung in Hongdae.

The two of them chose a vibrant, artistic lifestyle of Hongdae that came with a price of an insane rent and a tiny apartment, over the comfort of a spacious apartment like the one Yoongi and Seokjin shared, but then again Hoseok and Taehyung loved going out and mingling with all sorts of people, unlike him.

“ Why would I ask when the answer is obvious?’ Yoongi stated nonchalantly.

“ I knew it! I told you it was me!” Taehyung stated victoriously while hitting Hoseok’s shoulder.

Hoseok shrugged off the excited male, narrowing his eyes at Yoongi while asking, “ Oh, yeah? And what is the answer?”

Yoongi stared at them with a deadpan expression as he said in a flat voice, “ Neither, since he actually saw the way you two look. Remember?”

He knew that his friends would pierce his ears with their screaming of insults at him, but it was worth it.

His burn was so good that he couldn’t let it pass that easily.

Once, he had finally left their apartment and didn’t have to listen to their nagging about how “ing rude he was”, Yoongi walked to the bus station, lost in thought.

He knew that he was going to have to introduce his friends properly to Seokjin once, but he really didn’t want the elder to be freaked out by these two.

He had a good roommate relationship with the brown-haired male and he wanted it to stay that way.

Seokjin was quiet, and yet sociable.

He was slightly awkward as well, but just enough for people to find it charming.

He was a person that respected his privacy and his need for silence, so Yoongi was really grateful for that.

From time to time they did talk about how their day went, or some meaningless stuff and it was nice.

It had become sort of a routine for Seokjin to wake him up for most of his lectures, for Yoongi to grumble and complain for some 15 minutes about it and for them to have breakfast together from time to time.

Surprisingly, Yoongi didn’t mind that.

Dares he say it, he was even getting used to it.

While Seokjin usually listened to his complaints about how he didn’t wanted to leave the apartment and about how life was so cruel for not making him a rock, Yoongi realized that he didn’t have a problem with Seokjin complaining to him about the food that left a horrid taste in his mouth at the University canteen, or about the way his dog, Jjanggu ignored him when Seokjin went to his parents house for the weekend.

Yoongi would then poke fun at him by saying how his Holly couldn’t stop asking him to cuddle her which would earn him a glare from Seokjin every time.

It was a nice relationship that they had and Yoongi wasn’t about to ruin it by bringing those two into their apartment.

He just hoped that they wouldn’t find out how Namjoon had already met Seokjin a few days ago, or he was sure that they would appear in front of his apartment, banging on his door until they were allowed to meet Seokjin.

A chill ran through his spine at the thought of that happening.

(︺︹︺)

“Here is your coffee.” Seokjin said with a small smile as he set the huge black mug with words “There’s not enough coffee in the world to get me to rise and shine” imprinted on it ( best birthday gift he got from Namjoon for his 18th b-day) in front of Yoongi.

Yoongi mumbled something, but Seokjin who had been his roommate for more than a month already knew that that was his way of thanking him, so he chuckled lightly and said, “ Anytime”.

After rubbing his eyes for 5 solid minutes, drinking his coffee for 10 and letting out exhausted sighs for another 3 minutes, Yoongi finally felt awake enough to say something mildly coherent.

He looked up at his roommate who was sitting across him, reading a newspaper while munching on a piece of toast.

Yoongi eyed Seokjin’s plate which was filled with bacon, eggs, salad, sliced cucumbers and some other vegetables Yoongi had never seen in his life.

At least he thought it was vegetables.

He shook his head, still amazed at Seokjin’s large appetite which was surprisingly unnoticeable on his roommate’s lean body.

He did ask Seokjin once about how he managed to eat so much and not gain weight and he remembers the taller guy scratching his neck awkwardly and saying how he works out about twice a week since his close friend is apparently a gym-freak who makes him tag along.

Yoongi didn’t peg his roommate as the athletic type, despite his good physique, but then again looks can deceive.

After all, nobody ever thought that he, Min Yoongi, the laziest guy ever, who hated getting out of bed and doing any sort of physical activity, was in fact a basketball-prodigy during his high school days.

He glanced at Seokjin who was munching on his toast and he thought about how he should phrase his question, so as to not insult his roommate, or make him uncomfortable in any way.

But, being the blunt person that he was, he opened his mouth and the words just came out on their own, “ So, Hyung, are you seeing anyone right now?”

Seokjin literally choked on the piece of toast he was munching on and Yoongi winced when he saw his roommate fighting for breath as he kept hitting his chest with his fist until he finally swallowed.

His eyes were teary, and he stared at Yoongi with wide eyes.

Yoongi felt awkward and offered him a sheepish smile.

“ Uhm, currently I am not seeing anyone…” Seokjin finally said in a shy voice and Yoongi must say that that was a surprise since he was sure that his roommate could easily score a date with anyone judging by his looks and nice personality.

However, he was glad that that wasn’t the case because now he can finally get those 2 s to stop pestering him about his roommate.

Even though he had flatly turned them down when Taehyung told him to ask Seokjin about his relationship status, since he didn’t want to meddle in his roommate’s life, especially not his love-life, those two annoying brats kept harassing him about it every time they saw him.

And he just wanted to get them off his back, so there he did it.

He asked and he almost caused his new roommate to choke to death with his question.

However, if he really thought that the idea of his roommate being with one of his friends was so repulsing then he wouldn’t have asked.

No matter how much he insulted Taehyung and Hoseok, he knew how amazing they were as well as sweet ( despite being totally erted) and he did think that his roommate was a pretty decent guy personality-wise, so he wouldn’t mind if Seokjin actually started dating one of them.

What he would mind do would be if one of his friends started dating Seokjin and then knowing how they can’t keep their hands to themselves since both Hoseok and Taehyung were addicted to PDA when dating, he was sure that he would go blind if he accidentally walked in on his friend and roommate passionately making-out on their sofa, or worse, doing something more on it.

He shuddered at the very thought of it.

He was startled out of his thoughts when his roommate cleared his throat and asked in a quiet voice, “ Why do you want to know?”

He looked at his roommate who was staring at him, and Yoongi didn’t think it was that warm in their apartment, but it must have been, because Seokjin’s cheeks were now slightly pink.

Hm, weird.

“ I didn’t want to make you uncomfortable, or anything…It’s just that my friends saw you that day in the café and they wanted me to ask you if you are single. I don’t even know if you swing that way.”, Yoongi said casually and he could have sworn that he saw his roommate’s expression faltering for a moment and he was sure that he was imagining it, but it seemed as if Seokjin was slightly disappointed by his answer when he said “Oh”.

, what if he was a homophobic?

Yoongi really couldn’t live with one since he was into…Well, .

Although, his new roommate didn’t seem like the kind of person that would explicitly say he was against it, but Yoongi really didn’t want them to become awkward, or for Seokjin to send him judgmental stares about his ual orientation.

He was getting slightly annoyed at Seokjin’s strange reaction, but then again, he was still not completely awake and when he blinked, Seokjin was already smiling at him like always, albeit a bit regretful now as he said, “ Oh, I am sure that your friends are great, but I cannot date any of them. You see, it would be weird if I dated any of them while we are roommates. I am in my last year of University and I think that we get along pretty well so far, so I don’t want to ruin that. And if I started seeing one of your friends and things didn’t work out for some reason between us then that would reflect on us as roommates as well. And I wouldn’t want to put you in that position. So, I am sorry. And just so you know, I only swing that way.”

Yoongi felt like he had been staring at his roommate for longer than he should have when Seokjin started playing with his fingers nervously.

Yoongi stared at those slightly crooked, long fingers with perfectly trimmed nails twisting around each other and he wondered how he got so lucky to get such a mature roommate.

Sure, Seokjin was older than him by a year, but still, Yoongi had met so many older people than Seokjin who had never displayed such maturity.

He was pleasantly surprised at Seokin’s reasoning and his selflessness.

The fact that he treasured their roommate status more than a chance to hook up with one of his friends who were both gorgeous, made him respect the elder even more.

He was definitely glad that life did not decide to him up in this aspect, because he was sure that after everything he had gone through with Jimin, he was going to end up living alone in some bad neighbourhood just to afford a cheap apartment since he probably wasn’t going to like any of the people that wanted to live with him.

After all, he wasn’t really a people’s person.

However, some higher forces decided to cut him some slack in that aspect by sending him a roommate in the form of a quiet, polite Kim Seokjin who even made him coffee every morning as well as provided proper meals for him.

Not to mention the fact that he was now living off-campus to avoid running into Jimin in the dorms and it was a well-known fact that the rent was expensive in the part of city he lived in.

After all, their building was located about 20 minutes away from their University with a subway and bus stop right in front of it.

Luckily for him, Seokjin decided that he wanted to spend his last year as a student in a more independent environment after being stuck with the same roommate for 3 years in the dorm who smoked and according to Seokjin “brought all kinds of people in their room whenever he felt like it”.

Yoongi could sympathize with the older male since he spent most of his 1st year at University sharing a dorm room with a guy who kept clogging their bathroom and never flushing it until Yoongi turned into an enraged demon one day and threatened his roommate to start cleaning after himself or Yoongi was going to make him eat the cleaning brush used for the toilet from their shared bathroom.

It seemed that Yoongi went too far and scared the guy less since he was nowhere to be seen the next morning.

Yoongi found out that afternoon that the guy frantically rushed into the office of the residence director and asked for a change of a roommate, stating how “his life was in danger”.

No one really believed him that Yoongi was going to kill him especially since he was much shorter and skinnier than him and the residence director took one look at Yoongi and snorted saying how “this kid couldn’t hurt a fly”.

Oh how wrong was he, Yoongi thought at that time, flashing an evil grin at his hysteric ex-roommate while the director was not looking.

In the end, the guy managed to switch roommates, and that is how Yoongi met Park Jimin near the end of his 1st year of University.

His new roommate.