Seven

To Mend a Broken Heart

Have I already mentioned how much I enjoy writing this fic? XD I think part of the excitement also comes from the fact that this is the first time I am writing a story completely from Yoongi's POV. :D


“ Oh, Hyungs! A mistletoe! You know what that means, right?”

Taehyung had sing-songed and Yoongi looked up in horror only to realize that Taehyung was right.

He brought back his gaze to his roommate who was facing him and he could see Seokjin trying to avoid his gaze.

Yoongi concluded that he was probably uncomfortable about this as well, so he cleared his throat and said in a casual voice, “ Whatever. It’s just a stupid custom.”

“ Hyuuuuung, you are no fun!” Taehyung whined and slightly stomped his feet on the floor.

What a spoiled brat, Yoongi thought exasperatedly.

He glanced at Seokjin who was still standing a few inches away from him and he frowned.

Currently, his roommate was biting his lower lip and he seemed…Displeased? Annoyed?

Yoongi couldn’t quite figure it out, but he would have thought that Seokjin would be relieved that he got them out of this awkward situation.

He was just about to say something when Hoseok appeared out of nowhere, casually throwing his arm over Seokjin’s shoulder and saying with a smug grin, “ Well, if Yoongi doesn’t want to do it then I am more than happy to take his place.~”

And then he even had the nerve to wink at Seokjin, who ducked his head and what the hell, was he actually BLUSHING at the cheesiness that was Jung Hoseok?!

Yoongi wasn’t sure why he was so irritated by Seokjin’s unexpected reaction, but he was even more irked with the way Hoseok was closing the distance between him and Seokjin with that -eating grin of his.

Did Seokjin change his mind about what he had said before?

Even though he had stated that he couldn’t date any of Yoongi’s friends, so as to not endanger their roommate relationship, did he actually have a change of heart after constantly being courted by Hoseok?

Yoongi felt slightly betrayed that his roommate would do that, especially because he wasn’t sure if Hoseok was serious about Seokjin since he was a born-flirt, but then, when there was barely an inch left between Hoseok and Seokjin, his roommate placed his hands on Hoseok’s chest to create some distance between them.

“ Ah, sorry, Hoseok, but you know how it goes. It is the person that you get stuck under the mistletoe that you get to kiss, or well in this case, I guess nothing happens since one person is unwilling to do it. Although, I don’t see the big deal in fulfilling a cute Christmas tradition.” Seokjin had said with a pout, and Yoongi was surprised when he heard an accusatory tone in his roommate’s voice.

“ Damn. Oh well, the next time I will be sure to be under the right mistletoe at the right time.” Hoseok said with a smile and winked at Seokjin who chuckled.

Hoseok was about to go back to the living room, but not before he notified Taehyung with an evil grin how BamBam ‘accidentally’ broke the golden star that was on the top of the Christmas tree.

“ What?!” Taehyung’s eyes widened in shock, before his expression morphed into a murderous one ( a rare sight, but very scary indeed), as he practically roared in his deep voice “ KUNPIMOOK BHUWAKUL!!!!”

Yoongi winced at the loud scream, feeling sorry for BamBam, because when Taehyung used people’s full names and surnames that meant that there would be blood spilled.

And in this case the floors of Jackson’s parents cottage will be soaked with Thai blood.

There was a panicked squeak, followed by a frightened “” coming from the living room which made Hoseok’s grin widen while Taehyung started stomping towards the living room, yelling, “ I KNEW THAT YOU WERE JEALOUS OF MY HANDMADE STAR SINCE THE MOMENT I PLACED IT THERE! I SAW THE ENVY IN YOUR LITTLE EYES, BUT TO ACTUALLY STOOP SO LOW AND BREAK IT?! UNFORGIVABLE!”

“ IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!!” BamBam had yelled back, and if only he hadn’t added “ BUT, A GOOD ONE. SINCE THE CHRISTMAS TREE LOOKS DECENT NOW.” then Taehyung’s eyes wouldn’t have flashed with a crazed, deadly glint as he ran towards the living room, threatening to kill “the Thai brat”.

Of course, Hoseok, the sly instigator, cackled as he ran after Taehyung while wiping out his phone from his pocket to film the whole thing.

A petrified “ !” was heard, followed by some hurried footsteps and the slam of the front door.

His pink-haired roommate let out an amused laugh as he made his way towards where the rest of their friends were, but before Yoongi could think it through, his fingers curled around Seokjin’s wrist once again, stopping him from going anywhere.

The taller male looked at him questioningly, and Yoongi’s heart beat picked up as he quietly asked, “ So, did you actually want us to kiss?”

He wasn’t sure why he blurted that out, because he realized what he had just said, but something didn’t sit right with him when Seokjin stated that he was “unwilling in kissing him” in that slightly bitter tone and Yoongi didn’t want Seokjin to think that the thought of kissing him disgusted him or something like that.

“ W-what?” his roommate stuttered out, and Yoongi noticed the way the tips of his ears became pink.

It was kind of endearing how his roommate was so easily embarrassed about some things while he was so confident about his appearance.

Yoongi was still holding Seokjin by the wrist and he could feel some sort of current passing between them, but he continued, “ I only said that to Taehyung, because I thought things would get awkward between us if we kissed.”

Seokjin blinked at him a few times, before he cleared his throat and said, “ I don’t know why things would get awkward. I mean this is just a tradition, and we are just roommates, right?”

Yoongi was slightly confused with the way Seokjin emphasized that last part.

Call him delusional, but it almost seemed as if Seokjin was challenging him to contradict him about that “just roommates” part.

But that was ridiculous, why in the world would Seokjin do that?

It’s not like they had any romantic feelings towards each other, so Yoongi just shrugged his shoulders and said, “ That’s right. Roommates. So it’s no big deal, really.” ignoring the way his heart was thrumming in his chest.

The elder’s eyebrows knitted slightly, but then he nodded and said in a slightly lower voice, “ Okay then.”

Yoongi stared at him, his voice also quiet as he said, “ Okay.”

“ So…” Seokjin hesitated, and Yoongi took the initiative since he was the one who actually implied that it was okay for them to kiss, as he took a step forward and said in a deep voice, “ So, let’s do this then.”

He watched the way Seokjin’s eyelashes fluttered and he could see the faint blush settling on his roommate’s cheekbones.

Their noses were now almost brushing, and the skin on Seokjin’s wrist felt very warm and pleasant underneath his usually cold fingers.

He wondered if his heart was racing, because of nervousness, or because of how his gaze flickered to Seokjin’s lips just in the right moment to see his pink tongue darting over them and them in anticipation.

Yoongi swallowed hard after that and thought, “ . He was really about to kiss his roommate. His tall, sweet roommate who was so not his type. His roommate who he lived with and had to see every day. His roommate who was caring and cooked for him and made sure he woke up for his classes. There were so many things he knew and didn’t know about his roommate. But, tonight, in that moment, he found out another thing about him. His roommate’s lips were even softer than what they seemed. ”

When Yoongi finally closed that last bit of space between them and gently pressed his lips to Seokjin’s, he felt his roommate’s body tense at the action.

He panicked, thinking how he had definitely ed up their roommate relationship and he was just about to pull away and beg Seokjin for them to pretend that this never happened, but to his surprise Seokjin relaxed in a matter of seconds and slightly parted his lips.

Yoongi wasn’t sure what to do and maybe they should have established what kind of kiss this was supposed to be, but obviously it was too late.

He knew that it would be rude to pull away now which would definitely make Seokjin embarrassed, so he decided to respond to the kiss.

He thought how he would let the kiss last for a few seconds and then pull away and everything would be back to normal.

His own lips parted as well, moving slowly against Seokjin’s.

It was a hesitant and shy kiss, with both of them keeping it innocent and just moving their lips against each other in a slow manner, but Yoongi had to admit that it didn’t feel bad.

Considering that he always had to feel some sort of attraction towards the guys he kissed so that it would feel good for him, kissing his roommate was actually enjoyable.

Of course, he knew that objectively Seokjin was beyond attractive, but Yoongi had always thought of him as his Hyung and roommate.

Besides, the reason why his ideal type was someone shorter than him and cute was precisely because he wanted to be the dominant one in the relationship.

He wanted to be the one who would protect his boyfriend, so that is why he always dated guys shorter than him, thinking how he would appear manlier beside them.

Seokjin was slightly taller than him and he had those wide-shoulders, so Yoongi wasn’t really attracted to him since he gave-off that “manly” vibe, at least in terms of his outer appearance.

But then again, now that he thought about it, Seokjin’s personality was in complete contrast with his manly appearance.

Sure, he was a narcissist, and worked-out, but he never displayed some sort of dominant behavior?

Maybe, that is why it didn’t feel terrible to kiss him.

And Yoongi really liked cute guys, since he was definitely not the aegyo-kind of guy.

Jimin had all of those attributes, so of course he felt instant attraction towards him.

But, kissing Seokjin was different.

He wasn’t in love with him, so of course that there were no sparks now that they were kissing, but there was something else.

Something stirring inside of his stomach and making him feel slightly on the edge.

Maybe it was because his roommate was the first person he had kissed after his breakup with Jimin.

He forgot what it was like to have someone’s lips on his own.

He was so immersed in his thoughts that he didn’t even notice when he released Seokjin’s wrist and placed his hand on the taller male’s lower back, before pulling him closer.

It was only when he unconsciously did that to get better access to Seokjin’s warm mouth which made a surprised squeak leave those lips that Yoongi realized what he had done.

His eyes flew wide open in shock at his own behavior and he wanted to curse himself and his body for doing such a thing, but then he couldn’t think anymore.

His gaze fell on Seokjin’s face which was now flushed, his eyelashes fluttering with his eyes closed as he moved his lips against Yoongi’s, slightly faster now, and the thought that instantly flew across his mind was “cute”.

So, since Seokjin did not seem to object his bold moves and it has been a while since Yoongi kissed someone, he allowed himself to stop thinking about the consequences and just enjoy this for now.

His other hand found its way to the back of Seokjin’s neck and he could feel the heat radiating off the elder’s body which made him pull Seokjin in, so that he could deepen the kiss.

He smiled to himself when Seokjin gasped, before his arms settled around Yoongi’s neck and it was enough of an encouragement for Yoongi to lightly nibble on the elder’s lower lip, eliciting such a sweet sound from his roommate that caused electricity to run through his body.

Seokjin tasted like the coconut frosting and cinnamon, the flavor of the cake Seokjin had prepared and served just about half an hour ago.

Yoongi had thought then as he ate how the cake melted in his mouth, but it was nothing compared to how it felt on his roomate’s tongue, now that he was tasting it by teasingly on his roommate’s tongue, who whined in annoyance, making Yoongi chuckle.

As he deepened the kiss, his hands now resting dangerously low, just above the swell of Seokjin’s , dragging the pink-haired male even closer, he thought how the cake tasted infinitely better when it was in Seokjin’s mouth.

Yoongi had no idea how much time had passed since he connected his lips to Seokjin’s, but it didn’t seem enough.

Not now when their kisses had become harder.

More urgent.

Deeper.

The way his roommate’s tongue curled against his own, the way he let out those soft moans each time Yoongi traced his tongue along every crevice in Seokjin’s mouth, the way Seokjin’s hand tangled in his hair, massaging his scalp and making him sigh into the kiss with content, made his heart-rate accelerate in a way it hadn’t in a long time.

He wanted to chase that feeling for a bit longer and to preserve it.

But, it was all gone the instant they heard the front door of the cottage loudly slamming once again and voices filling the living room, so close to where they were, in the not so hidden hallway just a few feet away.

They both abruptly pulled away, but before any of them could say anything, Yoongi took in the sight of his roommate in front of him.

His pink locks were completely tousled now from the way Yoongi had appreciatively ran his fingers through them a few times during their make-out session.

Seokjin’s white long sleeved shirt was now wrinkled at the end from how tight Yoongi had been twisting his fingers in it, and it had actually ridden up slightly, revealing the smooth skin above the waistband of his roommate’s jeans.

Yoongi swallowed hard and looked away, focusing his attention on Seokjin’s face.

His cheeks were completely flushed, his eyes still half-lidded and slightly dilated, but what caught Yoongi’s attention were Seokjins lips.

They were even more plush now, with how red and swollen they were from how hard Yoongi had on them at one point, and he felt a swell of pride in his chest when he noticed how breathless Seokjin was.

Yoongi did that.

Yoongi made him like that.

Wait.

He shook his head, his eyes widening at the sudden realization.

Why was he so goddamned giddy about having an intense make-out session with his roommate for whom he supposedly harbored no romantic feelings and making him look completely wrecked?!

Yoongi looked down, staring at the wooden floor, his thoughts racing in his mind at the speed of lighting.

“ Hey. Stop that.” his roommate’s gentle voice made him look up in surprise, and he was met with the same sight from just a couple of seconds ago, except that Seokjin’s breathing was even now and he seemed more collected.

Too collected in comparison to how restless Yoongi was currently feeling.

“ Stop, what?” he croaked out, shocked at how hoarse his voice was.

, did Seokjin really manage to make him sound like that just by kissing him?

“ Stop over-thinking things. There was a mistletoe. We kissed. We respected the Christmas tradition. That’s all. Don’t get all weird about it.”

The way Seokjin said all of that seemed so calculated, and he said it with such nonchalance that Yoongi felt like an idiot for being so shaken up about the whole thing, since his roommate didn’t seem to think much about the fiery kiss they had just shared.

Yoongi wasn’t sure why he felt so irritated by that fact.

But, if Seokjin wanted to act as if it was no big deal, then Yoongi was going to do that as well.

“ Okay, Hyung. You are right.” he forced himself to say, trying to push down all those questions about what the hell had just happened to the back of his head.

“ Good. We should go back, before someone comes looking for us.” the pink-haired male said, fixing his shirt and hair, and Yoongi nodded.

He was just about to follow Seokjin to the living room when his roommate turned to him and said,“ Oh, and Yoongi.”

“ Yeah, Hyung?” Yoongi responded with a questioning look

“ Call me Jin.” Seokjin said firmly.

“ W-what?” Yoongi was caught off guard by that request, especially since Seokjin had never expressed his desire to be called like that by Yoongi in the past.

“ We have been living together for 3 months now, so it’s only fair to stop being so formal.” Jin said with a teasing smile, before winking and leaving Yoongi in the hallway.

Yoongi stood there dumbfounded for a few moments, trying to process what had just happened ( not to mention the fact that his Hyung just WINKED AT HIM!), before opening his mouth.

“ Jin” he whispered to himself while touching his lips.

He instantly remembered the way Seokjin’s lips felt on his own just a few moments ago, and there was a tingling sensation spreading through his body at the memory.

, since when did it become so hot in here, he grumbled under his breath while fawning his cheeks.

(︺︹︺)

For a moment, he worried that somehow when he and Seokjin returned to the living room, all their friends would know what they had been doing in the hallway.

Turned out that he had nothing to worry about.

Why?

Because, the moment they got back, Seokjin, no, JIN, he reminded himself while still feeling weird that he was allowed to call his roommate like that since it felt so intimate, but not unpleasant ( it just caused a load of weird tingles in Yoongi’s gut that he tried to ignore), pretended like nothing had happened.

Of course, Yoongi did not expect him to shout it out at the top of his lungs that they just made out, he would actually be horrified if his roommate did that, but also it was kind of strange seeing how the elder who was practically panting a few seconds ago and into his mouth, was now going around the living room, asking everyone if they wanted more cake, or if he could get them anything with the most relaxed smile ever.

Honestly, it kind of pissed Yoongi off.

While his brain was practically in overdrive, flipping through the sensations he felt when Jin’s fingers danced in his hair, so delicately and yet firmly, or when he actually sighed Yoongi’s name against his lips in one moment, causing Yoongi’s stomach to do a backward somersault, here his roommate was.

Offering cake and hot cocoa, without a care in a world.

Hmph.

Yoongi practically threw himself on the sofa, next to Namjoon, who got startled at the unusually explosive reaction of his best friend.

Yoongi was known to be quiet most of the times, not to mention when walking, or sleeping, so this kind of action definitely surprised his friend who had known him for so long.

“ Hey, everything okay?” Namjoon asked tentatively, and Yoongi just crossed his arms over his chest, his gaze drawn to the way JB was currently holding Jin’s forearm while saying something to him in a hushed voice, causing his roommate’s squeaky giggles to fill the living room as he looked like someone who had heard the funniest thing ever.

It probably wasn’t even that funny, considering how much his roommate loved lame puns, and practically cracked up at the most ridiculous of things.

He tore his gaze away from the “too cheerful” pair and muttered under his breath, “ I am peachy.”

He didn’t notice the way his best friend looked at him curiously after that remark, probably because never in his years of knowing Min Yoongi had Namjoon heard his friend state how he was “peachy”.

However, he knew better than to press on, so he just nodded and said, “ If you say so.” and returned to reading his book.

After all, he was an ace when it came to dealing with people and he was pretty good at reading them, Namjoon thought with a self-satisfied smile, before flipping a page of his “ Are women  human? And Other International Dialogues” book.

(︺︹︺)

As the night went on, Yoongi actually began to wonder if he had really made out with his roommate, or if it was all a figment of his imagination.

He had actually glanced a few times at Jin, to see if his roommate really meant what he had said about this not changing anything in their roommate relationship, only to realize that Jin had apparently been dead-serious about that kiss just being “a cute Christmas tradition” and nothing else.

Never mind the fact that that tradition had turned into a “anything but innocent” make-out session, leaving them both short of breath.

But, if his roommate wanted to pretend like it had no significance, not even sparing him a look, too absorbed in laughing out loud, although it sounded more like someone was wiping the windshields whenever he laughed, at everything JB said, then two can play that game.

After all, it’s not like he was bothered by Jin’s laid-back behavior, since he was pretty chill about it too.

What was there to freak about anyways?

Two guys being roommates who happened to be on a Christmas holiday with their friends just had a mind-blowing impromptu make-out session without anyone knowing, although they had never before expressed any sort of romantic inclinations towards each other.

That did not raise any questions in his head.

Pft.

Why would it, Yoongi thought while sitting on the sofa and watching his friends and Jin making a fool of themselves while playing “Twister”, some game Jackson claimed was a hit in America.

Yoongi could not understand how putting your hands and feet on some coloured circled while getting your limbs entangled with other people’s, like the situation was currently with Jin and JB, whose bodies were so intertwined that you had no idea where one body began and the other ended, was entertaining and “a real treat” as Jackson had exclaimed prior to the beginning of the game.

Yoongi saw nothing fun about it, he thought as he narrowed his eyes at the way JB’s hand just landed on the red circle next to Jin with half of JB’s arm spread over Jin’s , so as to reach that circle.

As if he couldn’t put his hand underneath, since there was space between Jin’s body and the large white plastic mat with those dumb circles, instead of practically letting his elbow rest between Jin’s crack, Yoongi snorted in his head.

And why was his stupid roommate giggling the whole time, with his stupid white teeth, plush lips and pink cheeks??!

Was it that amusing that his was someone’s elbow-holder, Yoongi scoffed, his arms crossed over his chest as he sat on the sofa next to Namjoon, since they were the only ones who declined to participate in such a stupid game.

Well, HE had declined, while Namjoon was forbidden from participating, because everyone was afraid ( justifiable so) that Namjoon would somehow fall and hurt himself, or others, as soon as he started playing the game.

That had resulted in Namjoon sulking next to him for a good couple of minutes, before returning to his book.

Some self-guide to understanding women.

Yoongi had no heart to tell Namjoon that no matter how many books he read, women would forever stay mysterious creatures.

Women, and one certain Kim Seokjin, Yoongi mused, eyeing his roommate who had actually returned his gaze for the first time this night since the kiss, before he widened his doe-eyes and quickly looked away.

The sudden distraction had caused Jin to lose balance and in the next moment his body was sprawled on top of the plastic mat, causing poor BamBam to lose balance as well and fall on top of him, since Jin had accidentally pushed his hand while falling.

That had caused a long whine of “ Hyuuuung!” from the Thai boy, followed by Jin’s string of apologies.

Yoongi wondered why Jin had such a violent reaction to him, noticing the way the tips of his ears had become pink.

He smiled to himself, suddenly feeling smug.

So, maybe his roommate wasn’t as casual about the whole kissing thing as he tried to make himself be.

With that in mind, and the boring game finally having finished, Yoongi decided to retreat to his bedroom.

He bid everyone goodnight, purposefully looking right into his roommate’s eyes, who immediately parted his lips in shock when their gazes locked and hastily looked away.

Yoongi felt like skipping up the stairs after that, but that would have been weird since Min Yoongi absolutely did no such things.

So he settled for quickly climbing up the stairs with a -eating grin on his face the whole time.

(︺︹︺)

Yoongi had no recollection of when exactly he had fallen asleep.

The last thing he remembered was changing into his black satin pajamas and settling on his bed while scrolling through his Instagram profile.

The moment he had opened his eyes again, he found himself in his bed and he was freezing.

His eyes tried to adjust to the darkness in the room, but there was only dim light coming through the window from the moonlight, illuminating the spacious room.

He shivered a bit, hugging the duvet tighter and pulling it to his chest, wondering why he was feeling so cold all of a sudden.

He was about to close his eyes once again and try and drift to the land of unconsciousness when he felt a light pressure on his shoulder.

“ Yoongi?” a soft voice, almost like a lullaby, called out to him and he had a hard time staying awake.

However, there was once again a hesitant tap on his shoulder and he finally forced himself to look up.

And when he did, he suddenly felt fully awake.

Hovering above him was his roommate, dressed in a gray woolen sweater, light pink silk pajama pants, matching his pink locks and he was shivering.

Yoongi frowned, propping himself on his elbows and regretting it when his comforter slightly slipped down, exposing him to the biting cold in their bedroom.

“ What the ?” he grunted as a shudder ripped through his body.

“The heating went out due to the snowstorm.” Jin had supplied, wrapping his arms around himself to try and create some heat and warm up his body.

Yoongi absolutely did not stare at the barely-there happy trail that led to Jin’s khm, lower region, and looked so soft that if only Yoongi ran his fingers through it…Yoongi quickly stopped his train of dirty thoughts from continuing, shaking his head quickly to disperse those thoughts and wondering if he was still half-asleep to even be having such thoughts about his roommate whom he wasn’t even attracted to.

Luckily, he was brought back to the situation at hand when Jin spoke once again, his voice somehow hesitant, making Yoongi look up in confusion at his roommate who seemed slightly uncomfortable as he said, “ Uhm, so…”

Yoongi waited for a few moments, but since Jin did not continue, he echoed his words, saying, “ So…?” in a puzzled voice.

Jin finally took a deep sigh, before looking at him straight in the eyes and saying, “ So, maybe the best thing would be to sleep in one bed to warm ourselves up?”

Yoongi was sure that he lost his ability to blink as he stared at his roommate.

Also, he was positive that his brain had actually short-circuted in that moment as he couldn’t find it in himself to form any coherent thought, or sentence for that matter, since the only thing that left his mouth was an unusually high-pitched, “ Come again?!” directed to his roommate, and the Universe who seemed to enjoy messing with his life lately.