Six

To Mend a Broken Heart

“ But, you seem…nice?” was the first thing Jackson had said to Seokjin when Taehyung announced that JB’s friend was actually Yoongi’s roommate.

Seokjin seemed slightly confused and awkward, as he scratched the back of his neck and answered uncertainly, “ Uh…Thanks?”

Jackson shook his head and approached Seokjin while taking his hands ino his own and saying in a low, serious voice, “ No, you do not understand. You seem nice and sweet, and yet you are actually sharing an apartment with that guy over there.” Jackson tilted his head towards Yoongi who was still standing on the stairs and glaring at him.

“ So, Seokjin-Hyung, what kind of life difficulties forced you to be living with this grouch?” Jackson asked in a sincerely concerned voice, and Yoongi gritted his teeth as he raised his voice at the insolent male, “ Yah! Watch your mouth brat!”

The insolent Chinese male just stuck his tongue out at him and Yoongi felt his patience wearing thin.

He was just about to go and kick his when his roommate slightly chuckled and said in a shy voice, “ He is not that bad. Actually, I have never had such a compatible roommate.”

In that moment everyone went silent and Yoongi looked at the elder with a surprised look.

Seokjin offered him a tentative smile, his cheeks now slightly pinkish, before averting his gaze.

Yoongi felt his pulse quickening and he looked at the floor.

He was feeling strange all of a sudden and he really thought how he needed a nap.

The silence was broken by Jackson who leaned towards Hoseok, saying in a quiet voice, but loud enough to reach Yoongi’s ears as well, “ Do you think Yoongi somehow brainwashed him?”

Hoseok had a thoughtful expression, tapping his chin with his index finger, before speaking in a wise voice, “ No, actually, I think it is black magic. Tae did notice one of his books on spells and potions missing some time ago from his room, and my suspicion is that our beloved Yoongz used it as a last resort to make someone live with him. And poor Seokjinnie Hyung was the innocent victim.”

“ Makes sense.” Jackson said with an equally thoughtful expression.

“ That’s it. Now, I am going to show you real black magic.” Yoongi snapped, before moving towards Hoseok and Jackson with a deadly expression on his face.

“ Eeeep, the Prince of Darkness is out to get us!” Hoseok squeaked in horror, while Jackson hid behind him.

Finally, Namjoon stepped in between the fuming blonde and his idiotic roommate and friend, rolling his eyes and saying, “ Can you not? We came here to have a fun Christmas, so it would be nice if we all came back to Seoul in one piece. No dead bodies.” Namjoon emphasized and threw a pointed look at Yoongi,  who in return scoffed and crossed his arms over his chest.

“ Now, since Seokjin-Hyung is here, he can room with Yoongi and JB and Jr can share a room. So, let’s go and unpack, so we can have fun.” Namjoon finally said, before grabbing his suitcase and retreating upstairs.

Everyone did the same, with Jackson and Hoseok quickly following after Namjoon, so as to not be left with the blonde Beelzebub.

Yoongi looked towards Seokjin whose attention was on JB who had his arm over his shoulder while whispering something into his ear.

Yoongi looked away, feeling weird, before making his way towards the stairs.

Honestly, on one hand, he was kind of glad that he was sharing a room with Seokjin since he didn’t really know Jr well and he didn’t want an awkward atmosphere to envelop them in their shared bedroom, but, on the other hand, after his rudeness to Seokjin the previous day, he wasn’t sure that the elder was okay with being in the same room as him and that bothered him.

He didn’t want his roommate to be uncomfortable.

Jackson had told him ( before running away so as to not feel his rage) that his room was at the far end corner of the long hallway on the 2nd floor.

There was even a third floor where Jackson and Namjoon’s room was and Hoseok’s and Taehyung’s.

At least the main sources of noise ( excluding Namjoon) were far away from him, so he might just get some peace and quiet during this vacation.

He wandered into his and Seokjin’s supposed bedroom, and he stood still at the door frame for a moment.

The room contained two large beds, with thick dark red comforters and huge pristine white pillows on each bed. At the end of both beds there was a warm black and white checkered blanket for cold nights. A mahogany bed stand separated the beds with a single incandescent emerald lamp on it. The pallete walls were decorated with a few large paintings of winter scenery in various places in Korea, giving the room a cozy feeling. Across the bed was a wardrobe which Yoongi was sure, was large enough for 4 people to place their clothes there and still have some free space left in it. Next to the wardrobe was a door leading into a small, but modernly equipped bathroom with a shower cabin enclosed with glass panels set into an aluminum frame, giving the bathroom a wealthy feel to it. Who was Yoongi kidding, the whole house reeked of luxury. Seriously, how much money did Jackson’s parents have to be able to afford all of this? And yet their son chose to live in a cramped dorm room, so as to “experience all the sides of a real student life”. Well, each to his own, Yoongi supposed as he carelessly threw his backpack on the bed closer to the door, and opened the window, taking in the view before him.

The dark blue sky was gradually fading into a pale shade of gray, as the night approached, carrying a few speckles and spreading them across the advancing darkness. The snowy mountain peeks were hidden behind the thick trunks with their half- branches emblazoned in delicate snowflakes. Yoongi inhaled deeply, letting the chilly mountain air fill his lungs and finally exhaled as he felt his body and mind being cleansed.

“ Oh, wow.” he heard a dazed voice behind him, and flinched in surprise while quickly turning around.

His eyes immediately flew to the broad-shouldered figure who was currently standing in the middle of the room with an expression of pure awe that he also probably wore a few moments ago.

His roommate’s eyes sparkled as he observed every inch of the bedroom, probably taking in even the tiniest of details.

And then those caramel-brown orbs landed on him.

Yoongi unconsciously tightened his grip on the ledge of the window behind him as he held Seokjin’s gaze.

The spark in his roommate’s eyes was gone and it was replaced by something else.

An emotion Yoongi couldn’t quite read which bothered him.

In the next moment, the elder bit his lip worriedly, lowering his gaze and then bringing it to Yoongi’s face as he asked in a slightly uncertain voice, “ You are okay with this? Us sharing a room? I really didn’t know that our friends knew each other and that you would be here as well.”

Yoongi was taken aback at Seokjin’s tone, because it almost seemed as if his roommate was apologizing for being here as if his presence was somehow disturbing Yoongi?

Yoongi had thought that during these 3 months that they lived together that Seokjin had gotten to know a part of him and realized that Yoongi actually got used to his company and even enjoyed it, but now?

Now, he wasn’t sure what the elder really thought of him all this time.

Were Hoseok and Jackson right?

Was he really so insufferable as a roommate that even Seokjin thought that he was unwanted here?

He felt a lump forming in his throat at that thought, but he forced himself to swallow it as he said, “ Of course, I am fine with this. We are roommates after all, aren’t we?” while looking the broad-shouldered male straight in the eye.

He saw Seokjin’s slightly surprised expression and the way his cheeks flushed, before he quickly said, “ O-of course we are. As I said before, I think that you are the most compatible roommate I ever had.”

His roommate had said that last part in a voice above a whisper, before glancing at him with a shy expression.

In that moment, the atmosphere between them shifted completely.

It wasn’t tense, or something, but it was heavy with something.

Something Yoongi wasn’t sure what it meant.

He just knew that in that moment he and Seokjin stared at each other for what felt like hours with the elder’s cheeks becoming redder each passing minute, and who knows how long that would have continued until Jackson loudly banged on their door and half-yelled, “ Time for dinner! Come on, you lazy asses!”

In that moment, it was as if Seokjin finally realized how long they were staring at each other, because he violently jerked when he heard Jackson’s voice, before throwing his bag at the other bed and heading towards the door.

Yoongi released a breath he wasn’t aware he was holding in after that moment, and it was only now that he realized how quick his pulse was.

“ You coming?”

It was when he heard Seokjin’s gentle voice that Yoongi looked up and saw him standing at the door with an unsure expression, that Yoongi mumbled, “ Yeah, I am coming.”, before following after his roommate.

(︺︹︺)

The dinner consisted of Chinese takeout, and there was so much food at the table in the dining room that at one point Namjoon asked Jackson if he actually bought a Chinese restaurant.

“Don’t be silly.” Jackson answered with a chuckle, before adding, “ I don’t need to buy another one, when my parents already own 3. This was just their way of welcoming my friends. Nobody stays hungry in the Wang house is one of my families main motto’s.”

It was an understatement when Yoongi says that practically all of them watched Jackson suspiciously, wondering if that idiot was really some sort of a Prince in China.

They hoped he wasn’t, because he was going to drive that great country in despair if he was ever crowned King, but nevertheless they felt very grateful to Jackson’s parents for providing such a warm welcome.

Since they were all tired from the trip, most of them went to sleep right after dinner while Namjoon, Jackson, JB, Hoseok, and he were the only ones left sitting in the living room around the fireplace while talking and watching the fire crackle.

It was really soothing, and Yoongi found himself slowly drifting to sleep, with his head lulling to one side as he sat in the large, currant coloured recliner chair.

He was only half-awake when he heard Seokjin asking if he could cook tomorrow, since it was Christmas and he loved to cook.

What soon followed was a shrill sound, resembling that of a fangirl scream which made him open his eyes with an annoyed groan only to see, and hear, Hoseok hugging a flustered Seokjin while squealing, “ Hyung! You are such husband material!”

Yoongi’s roommate flushed even more, while Jackson and Namjoon hissed at Hoseok to keep it down, before he wakes up the others.

Yoongi only clicked his tongue in annoyance since he was already rudely awoken from his pleasant dozing off.

His sudden irritation had nothing to do with Hoseok clinging to Seokjin like a leech and the elder not doing anything to push him away.

Nothing like that, he muttered under his breath, as he fixed his gaze to the flames in the fireplace, not wanting to spend another second looking at the commotion happening next to him.

“ That’s a great idea, Hyung. Just tell me what you need from the groceries, and I will call someone to get it tomorrow.” Jackson said in a gleeful voice.

“ Oh, no. I don’t want to trouble anyone. I saw a huge supermarket about a 20 minute drive from here, so I can go tomorrow and get everything personally. Besides, I like shopping.” Jin said in an excited voice.

Yoongi remembered that one time he went to the supermarket near their apartment to help his roommate with the groceries, and he expected the elder to look tired from shopping for so long, but instead he looked positively radiant. He had spent the entire walk home, bragging to Yoongi how he managed to persuade the ahjumma who was selling beef briskets to lower the price for a few thousand Won, by using his charm and good-looks. Yoongi had mocked him then for being a narcissist, but now when the image of his Hyung looking all cheerful and triumphant flashed in his mind, he couldn’t help but crack a little smile.

It was kind of endearing how passionate his Hyung was when it came to food and cooking.

Yoongi was the same when it came to music, so he knew that feeling very well.

“ JB can tag along and help me carry the stuff.” was the next thing Seokjin had announced and Yoongi’s smile was soon replaced by a frown.

JB?

He felt some unfamiliar emotion inside his gut, and he didn’t like it.

He also wondered if Seokjin had forgot how he had single-handedly carried four heavy plastic bags to their apartment without complaining, and how Seokjin had even complimented his strength.

Obviously, he did, since he had replaced Yoongi without a second thought with JB who, yes-was taller and seemed more muscular than Yoongi, but if you asked Yoongi to tell you objectively-then JB seemed much weaker than him and probably didn’t possess the same level of mental strength to endure listening to Seokjin talk about food for 20 minutes and actually find it interesting.

“ Sure, Hyung. I am looking forward to it.” JB said with a wide grin while looking at Seokjin who also grinned at him, and Yoongi turned away his head and scoffed.

“ Okay, then it’s settled. Now, I am dead beat, so I am going to bed.” Jackson said and got up.

“ Me too. Good night, guys.” Namjoon had said and followed after Jackson.

“ Yeah.” Hoseok said through a yawn, before stretching his arms over his head and adding, “ I am barely keeping my eyes open. See ya in the morning. Sweet dreams, Hyung.~”

Yoongi rolled his eyes when he heard Hoseok sending a flying kiss to Seokjin who actually giggled at such a lame greeting.

“ Shall we retreat to our rooms as well?” JB asked Seokjin, and Yoongi couldn’t wait for all of them to leave so that he could stay there alone.

He seemed invisible anyways, he sulked slightly while sinking deeper into the armchair.

“ Sure. Yoongi, are you coming?” Seokjin’s warm voice reached him and his breath hitched for a moment.

Oh, so Seokjin knew he was here the whole time.

And still suggested JB to go shopping with him?

The ugly feeling inside of his gut returned and he didn’t even look at his roommate as he flatly stated, “ Not tired. Gonna stay here for a while longer.”

He felt guilty after he had said it, since Seokjin was actually being nice to him, even after he had said his pink hair didn’t suit him, but he couldn’t help it.

He just felt slightly pissed off, and sort of betrayed, that the words now came out on their own.

“ Oh. Okay. Good night.”

Seokjin sounded slightly disappointed, but Yoongi thought that he had probably imagined it, since his Hyung had JB, so why would he need him?

“ Night.” Yoongi replied, still adamant about not making eye-contact with the elder as he kept staring at the wood turning into ashes in the fireplace.

The last thing he heard were soft footsteps and the gentle click of the door on the second floor, before he was left alone in the living room.

Just like he wanted to all along.

Except, why did it feel so wrong and lonely in that moment?

(︺︹︺)

“Ugh.”

Yoongi squeezed his eyes , feeling his going numb as well as the unpleasant ache in his lower back.

“ Oh, the drooling elf is finally awake!” an annoying high-pitched voice teased with a mocking lilt in his voice, and Yoongi covered his eyes with his hand, offering a curt, “ off, Hoseok.” in a sleep-laden voice.

“ Oh, aren’t you a real treat, my tiny friend. As expected.” Hoseok sing-songed, and Yoongi really wanted to throw a pillow at him.

Except that he had none.

He finally opened his eyes and realized that he had fallen asleep in the armchair last night.

No wonder his limbs screamed at him for being so stupid as to fall asleep there instead in that comfortable-looking bed upstairs, causing him to be sore all over, and not in a good way.

“ What time is it?” he grumbled.

“ It is precisely 1 p.m. Seriously, your ability to sleep anywhere and anytime is amazing. I can’t believe that you haven’t woken up during this whole time, although we have all been walking around here since morning. Well, I guess you have to thank your angel of a roommate for that.” Hoseok said with a smile.

Yoongi narrowed his puffy eyes at him, and Hoseok laughed at his puzzled expression as he continued, “ If it hadn’t been for Jin-Hyng who got up the earliest, and probably found you here and saw your pitiful state, warning us to be quiet so as to not wake you up, your beauty sleep would have been ruined long ago. He even managed to bribe Tae with some candy, and you know how hyperactive he is in the morning, and sent him outside to play in the snow.”

Yoongi processed the information Hoseok just provided him with and he felt slightly warmer.

Then he saw that there was a blanket covering him, the same one from his room, and if Seokjin was the first to wake up then did that mean that he also…?

His train of thoughts was interrupted when Hoseok asked, “ Are you coming down with a fever? You seem slightly flushed.”

Yoongi widened his eyes at him, before touching his cheeks which were indeed slightly warmer now.

“ I am fine. Where are the others?” Yoongi asked quickly, while stretching his body and grunting when his back cracked with a loud “pop”.

“ Tae is playing outside with BamBam. Mark and Jackson went snowboarding. Namjoon wanted to tag along, but we all managed to talk him out of it. We told him that we really didn’t need him to end up with a broken limb, or something worse, so now he is upstairs in his bedroom sulking and probably dissing us in some rap. I honestly have no idea where JR is, and Jin-Hyung went with JB to get the groceries for our Christmas lunch.” Hoseok finished brightly, but Yoongi felt his mood go darker with that last piece of information.

“ Hm, I see.” he said as he got up.

“ Where are you going?” Hoseok asked confused, and Yoongi just said, “ My room. Gonna compose some music. Don’t bother me.”

“ You are no fun!!!” he heard Hoseok yelling after him, but he didn’t pay much attention to it.

No wonder he and Namjoon were best friends, since they were currently doing the same thing.

Sulking in their bedrooms while expressing their emotions on paper, about stupid friends and traitorous roommates.

(︺︹︺)

Yoongi wasn’t sure how many hours have passed since he was holed up on the bed in his room with his headphones on, and loud music blaring through them, drowning any other sound.

It was only when his stomach loudly complained about being neglected that he took off his headphones with a click of his tongue.

As he made his way downstairs, a strong smell tickled his nostrils, the sight on the table in the dining room making his mouth water.

Yoongi had never seen so much food in one place ( not counting the Chinese food they ate yesterday), not to mention the variety of it.

From steaming creamy soups in ceramic bowls, along with traditional rice cake soups to huge platters filled with all sorts of salads, corn, and different kinds of vegetables, and of course the inevitable sweet potato noodles, topped off with pink stripes of trouts and kimchi decorating the main course which were large portions of barbecued bulgogi on a silver platter. His stomach was now roaring as he had his eyes glued to the feast in front of him, and he finally snapped out of it when he heard Seokjin’s squeaky laugh as he remarked, “Well, I am glad that you finally have an appetite.”

Yoongi looked up and if he thought the food was awe-worthy, then the sight in front of him was simply breathtaking.

His roommate was wearing a simple white long sleeved shirt, but the fabric was thin and it outlined his broad shoulders and slim waist perfectly. Most of the fabric of his skinny light-blue jeans was covered by a wine coloured apron with some ridiculously cute reindeers on it. But, what he truly found beautiful was the way the elder’s cheeks were dusted in pink from cooking, the few beads of sweat rolling down his face, along his well-defined jawline until finally stopping on his chin. It must have been extremely warm in the kitchen, because for the first time since he arrived here, his roommate wasn’t wearing anything on his head and let his freshly dyed pink locks messily stick out in all directions, and Yoongi finally took the time to really appreciate the way they made his already handsome roommate even more beautiful. Seokjin must have noticed him staring at his hair, because the smile he had when he made that remark, quickly faded as he put his cooking cap on, before clearing his throat and retreating to the kitchen.

Yoongi wanted to stop him, and say something reassuring, like the truth.

How he lied and how the pink hair suited him perfectly, but before he could utter a word, Seokjin was long gone into the kitchen.

He didn’t even have time to feel annoyed at himself when somebody hugged him from behind.

“ Hyung, look at the Christmas tree. Didn’t we decorate it perfectly?” a low voice cheerfully exclaimed in his ear, and only one person could have such a deep voice and yet sound like an actual kid at the same time.

He looked at the Christmas tree in the far corner of the room, admiring the way it complemented the living room.

Just like the boy’s vibrant personality, the Christmas tree was adorned with colourful ornaments of all shapes and sizes, leaving no space empty. A large golden star shone at the top while the dimmed yellow lights flickered, wrapped around the green pine needless.

“ It’s beautiful, Tae.” Yoongi exhaled and he really meant it.

He felt at ease in this cottage, surrounded by his closest friends and surprisingly, his roommate as well.

Who knew that Seokjin would manage to weave into his life so easily, as well as in his circle of friends, already establishing his position as one of them in such a short time.

A warm feeling spread through his body, but it dissipated quickly as he felt the arms around him tightening their grip, before something soft and then wet landed on his cheek.

“ Ah, Hyung! That means so much to me!” the culprit who slobbered all over his left cheek exclaimed and Yoongi wiped off the saliva with his sleeve with a disgusted expression.

“ Tae, I will ing murder you.” Yoongi growled lowly, before the boy squeaked in fright, running into the kitchen and calling out to Seokjin to save him.

Little tattletale, Yoongi grumbled under his breath.

Next time there won’t be Seokjin-Hyung to save him, Yoongi thought with an evil grin.

(︺︹︺)

Everyone had praised Seokjin’s cooking, making the elder bashful, but also absolutely radiant.

Yoongi was unfortunately on the other end of the table, far away from Seokjin, so he couldn’t get to talk to his roommate or compliment his cooking.

Not with JB, and Hoseok constantly talking to the elder and praising him.

Okay, yes, the food was excellent, but did they really need to continue with their constant praise that somehow shifted from Seokjin’s cooking abilities to his outstanding looks and perfect personality according to the two -ups.

ing transparent, Yoongi thought while sipping his wine.

But, despite everything, he felt genuinely happy.

Something, he hadn’t felt in a while.

While everyone was eating their dessert, Yoongi went to sit at the armchair in the living room.

As he stared at the glimmering lights of the Christmas tree, he let his mind wander to a year back.

“ Hyung, pleaaaase.” his boyfriend whined while flashing that adorable pout of his at Yoongi which was really unfair since Jimin knew that Yoongi couldn’t resist that.

Yoongi groaned tiredly as he said in exasperation, “ But, don’t you want us to spend our first Christmas alone? Just the two of us.”

“ I do. Of course I do, but why can’t we go to that party first and then you will have me all to yourself for the whole night.~” the brown-haired shorter male said in a seductive voice while batting his eyelashes at Yoongi and Yoongi felt the familiar heat collecting in his lower stomach.

“ Park Jimin, you play dirty.” Yoongi scowled while his boyfriend crawled in his lap with a -eating grin.

As he leaned towards him, whispering in his ear, Yoongi shuddered.

He placed his hands on Jimin’s hips while Jimin instinctively wrapped his arms around his neck, his voice alluring as he said, “ But, you love it like that. Don’t you, Hyung?~”

Yoongi growled, before grabbing the back of Jimin’s neck and crashing their lips in a searing kiss.

He could feel the smaller male smiling against his lips since he got what he wanted, but Yoongi didn’t care about that as he felt those muscular things straddling him with his boyfriend deepening the kiss.

It was only hours later that he regretted giving in to Jimin and agreeing to his plea.

All he wanted to do was have a peaceful Christmas with his boyfriend, and what he got instead was a bruised jaw and a nasty headache from getting into a fight with some guy at the party, who thought it was fine for him to grind against Jimin on the dance floor just because he danced seductively.

Maybe it was Yoongi’s mistake that he left Jimin alone while he went to get them drinks, but he hadn’t expected his boyfriend to get in trouble so soon.

Also, despite his short-temper, he didn’t like getting into fights.

Especially not with such scum.

But, when the guy refused to let go of Jimin even when Yoongi interfered and told the guy that he was his boyfriend, well then he had to use physical force.

Despite the guy being sturdier, Yoongi was smaller and skillful, so in the end the dude backed off first, but not before landing a cowardly blow on Yoongi’s chin when he was about to turn his back and walk away.

Luckily, Jimin managed to drag him to the bathroom upstairs, before Yoongi lost it completely beat the guy to a bloody pulp.

Yoongi wasn’t angry with Jimin about what had happened, but what ruined that Christmas night was when Jimin cleaned his wounds and wanted to go back to the party instead of going home.

Yoongi couldn’t believe it, but Jimin looked at him with guilt and said how it would be rude towards his friend who threw the party and invited him to leave so soon.

As if his friend would even notice, Yoongi had scoffed then, but in the end Jimin convinced him to stay.

Just like always.

However, that left a bitter taste in Yoongi’s mouth and it was only after their break-up that Yoongi started to realize just how selfish Jimin had been sometimes.

“ Here.” a soft voice said and startled him out of his thoughts.

Yoongi looked up, met with Seokjin’s figure standing above him and offering him a mug of hot cocoa.

Yoongi took it and asked, “ What for?”

His roommate shrugged his offensively broad-shoulders and nonchalantly said, “ You seemed troubled. And my grandma always said how a hot cocoa makes people feel better.”

Yoongi stared at the mug and the hot liquid in it and his heart skipped a beat.

Seokjin really was an angel.

He looked up and saw the elder removing his cooking cap which he wore during the whole afternoon.

He ruffled his pink strands, and Yoongi was finally going to tell him the truth and apologize when he heard Hoseok’s loud scream of excitement.

“ JIN-HYUNG!!! YOUR HAIR?!! OH MY GOD, WE HAVE COUPLE’S HAIR NOW!!!! WAAAH!!!!!”

Yoongi frowned, thinking how their hair colour was nothing alike, but then everyone gathered around Seokjin, praising his hair colour, while his roommate thanked them quietly.

His cheeks were now sporting a dark shade of red, and he excused himself.

Yoongi saw the slight discomfort in Seokjin’s eyes and he set the mug on the coffee table, before quickly following after the elder.

His roommate had wandered into one large hallway where their coats were and he reached for his baby blue beanie.

Yoongi quickened his pace and before Seokjin had the chance to put it on, and cover his beautiful hair, Yoongi curled his fingers around the elder’s wrist, stopping him.

“ Don’t.”

Yoongi had said and Seokjin’s doe-eyes became even larger as he stared at him in shock.

“ Look, that day, I didn’t mean it.” Yoongi started nervously, still not letting go of Seokjin’s wrists.

He noticed how smooth the elder’s skin was to the touch and he felt some itchy feeling in his chest, but he continued nevertheless.

“ I can’t explain, but that day when you asked me how your hair looked, I got distracted by some unpleasant memories. And I accidentally blurted out a lie.”

Seokjin’s lips were parted, but no sound came out of them as he stared at Yoongi, so Yoongi took a deep breath and God he was so bad at complimenting people, but he had to set things straight.

“ The truth is that…You look great with that hair. I mean you looked good even without it, but this pink shade brings out the best of your features. If that even makes sense.”

Yoongi finished lamely, feeling awkward as he finally let go of Seokjin.

The elder was blinking at him, his beanie still in his hand.

“ Yoongi, I…” the pink-haired male started in a slightly shaky voice, but then a voice behind them said, “ Oh, Hyungs! A mistletoe! You know what that means, right?”

Yoongi looked next to him, only to find Taehyung raising his eyebrows teasingly at him and then he looked at Seokjin whose gaze was directed above his head.

Yoongi followed his gaze until his eyes landed on a leathery leaved round plant, decorated with gold and red Christmas ornaments, hanging right above their heads.

He felt his throat going dry at the realization.

Well, .


Ah, I really love how this chapter turned out. :) And also, I just wanted to say sorry for making Jimin the "bad guy" in this story. I love Jiminnie, and he is so precious and sweet, but alas, for the sake of the story...>.<