Ten

To Mend a Broken Heart

 

Yoongi woke up, feeling certain that his eye bags were worse than usual.

He looked at the time on his cell phone.

1 p.m.

He let out a long sigh, closing his eyes while massaging his temples.

Just as he predicted it last night after everything that had happened, Jin didn’t wake him up for his lectures.

This was the first time that Jin had done that.

Even though Yoongi kind of expected it, it didn’t help lessen the tight feeling in his chest which he was currently experiencing.

After all, he did up yesterday.

Yoongi spent the whole night thinking about the look in Jin’s eyes and his crestfallen expression after his “rejection”.

If only it had been a truthful rejection and if only he was sincere the previous night as he said it.

Then he wouldn’t be feeling like such an right now.

But, more than being an , he was a coward and he was well aware of it.

The worst part was that not only did he turn down his roommate for whom he had definitely developed romantic feelings over the course of these past few months, but also he managed to screw up everything between them-their friendship included.

He had no idea what things would be like between them from now on and if they will ever be able to continue living together normally.

When he finally forced himself to get up and to go into the living room, he was even more uneasy about the way things would be with him and Jin from now on.

Because,  it wasn’t only that his roommate had not woke him up for his class, but also he did not make him coffee, or leave him breakfast.

Even when the elder was tired, or not feeling well, he always insisted that Yoongi has to eat his food, since he had bad food habits and Jin said he couldn’t live with himself if he allowed Yoongi to only eat cereals ( and without milk-the BLASPHEMY, according to his roommate) every morning.

Obviously, Jin lied, Yoongi thought while sulking.

He could very well continue to live unperturbed by the fact that Yoongi ate ty cereals, or nothing at all for breakfast-the most important meal of the day.

Yoongi slumped on the sofa, burying his face in his hands and groaning out loud in the empty apartment.

He was such an idiot.

He screwed everything up and this time, not only did he get hurt again, but he hurt Jin as well.

, he muttered as he ran his hand over his face.

What’s done is done, he thought bitterly, before going to his bedroom to get ready to head out.

(︺︹︺)

“ What do you mean-what’s done is done? That’s the stupidest thing I have ever heard, and I have heard a lot of idiotic things coming out of your mouth.”

Yoongi’s face was grim as he listened to Hoseok drone on about what an idiot he was and how he needed to fix things.

Cursed be Namjoon for telling Hoseok that Yoongi had feelings for Jin.

And damned be Jung Hoseok who caught him at a bad time, before he had his coffee and managed to get Yoongi to spill about why he was feeling so down today.

And now he had to listen to Hoseok go on and on about what an ‘insensitive jerk’ he was.

As if he did not know that already.

“ Why do you care? I thought you were the one after Jin, so shouldn’t you rejoice about an opportunity to console him and be his shoulder to cry on?” Yoongi asked in a dull voice, unable to listen to Hoseok scolding him anymore.

What he got as a response was a slap on the head.

“ Ya!” Yoongi shouted at his friend indignantly, but immediately shut his mouth when he saw how serious Hoseok was.

His lips were downturned and he only ever did that when he was really angry, or disappointed.

Yoongi knew what emotion Hoseok was expressing right now and he hated that it was directed towards him.

“ First of all, I am nobody’s rebound guy. Especially not after someone like you who is obviously beneath me. Seriously, I have no idea what Jin Hyung saw in you in the first place.” Hoseok said in a disbelieving, but mostly condescending voice, causing Yoongi to grit his teeth.

“ Second of all, I can see how much you like him just by seeing how ty you are feeling right now. So, of course I would never hit on someone my friend likes.” Hoseok continued seriously, and guilt washed over Yoongi once again for even making such a stupid remark in the first place.

It’s not like he wanted Jin to be dating one of his friends.

Or anyone else for that matter.

Well, anyone else that was not him.

But, it was selfish and stupid of him to think that way after what he had done.

Besides, he still wasn’t sure that he could enter another relationship so soon.

No matter how many times he told people that he had moved on since Jimin, now he was starting to see that he might have been lying himself all along.

“ Finally, I know why you did that. I know how your idiotic, emotionally constipated brain works. Also, I know that you are afraid of getting hurt again. But, Jin Hyung is not Jimin. Besides, we can never know someone completely. That is why you date, and spend time with that person to see if you fit each other and to get to know that person. And you already have most of that with Jin Hyung already, so don’t do this to yourself, or to him. It will just cause you both too much pain and it won’t end well. It still isn’t too late for you to fix things.” Hoseok ended his speech with a sympathetic smile and Yoongi knew he was right.

He looked down into his mug filled with coffee and he wondered what Jin was doing right now.

He shook his head instantly to get rid of those thoughts.

Yes, Hoseok was right, but also, Yoongi couldn’t go through with it.

It wouldn’t be fair to Jin to lead him on.

Yes, he liked the elder a lot.

So much that it caused him physical pain just thinking about his eyes filled with sorrow caused by Yoongi’s rash behavior.

But, was that enough?

Did he really like Jin enough to actually let go of his fears of a new commitment and to trust someone again?

He wasn’t sure.

He wasn’t sure that he cared about Jin enough in that sense.

So, he was going to leave things like this.

Whatever happens, he will face the consequences of his actions.

(︺︹︺)

A week had passed since that night and Yoongi was certain of one thing.

Jin was avoiding him.

And Yoongi didn’t even have the right to complain about it when he was the reason for that.

However, he felt bad that Jin spent so much time outside their apartment so as to not have to interact with Yoongi.

After all, this was Jin’s apartment as well and he had the right to be there just as much Yoongi did.

Other than exchanged “ Hello’s” and “ Goodbye’s” with the occasional forced polite “ How was your day?” followed by a “ Fine, thanks. And yours?” every time they ran into each other when Jin wasn’t fast enough in escaping their apartment before Yoongi woke up, or returned from lectures, that was about it when it came to their communication.

Yoongi hated it.

He missed seeing Jin’s bright smile in the morning.

He missed his soft voice and even softer giggles.

He missed his fond stare as Yoongi ate.

He even missed his lame dad jokes.

That’s how he knew how gone he was for the elder if he even missed his humourless puns.

He decided that enough was enough.

He had to talk to Jin.

He couldn’t continue living like this.

So, that afternoon, he missed his lectures on purpose and waited for the elder in ambush.

(︺︹︺)

“ Oh, Yoongi?! I…I didn’t know you would be here.” Jin said with a surprised expression when he finally entered the apartment.

“ I know. That’s why I stayed. That was the only way I could get you to talk to me properly.” Yoongi stated seriously.

“ Oh…” Jin exhaled, his eyes wide before morphing into a neutral expression as he lowered his gaze to the floor.

However, his voice was barely above a whisper when he said, “ Then talk.”

“ I don’t want this anymore.” Yoongi said, his voice flat.

He saw how Jin widened his eyes in shock at him as he looked up.

Then his face became blank and once again he looked at the floor.

“ I see…Okay, I will move out, but I need a few weeks to find an apartment and then…”

Yoongi cut off the elder whose voice was shaky by grabbing his wrist which startled the pink-haired male. 

“ I don’t want you to move out. Just the opposite-I want you to be here more. This is your apartment too and I…I miss you…”

Yoongi whispered that last part, his heart racing against his chest as he released Jin’s wrist and looked at his shoes, finding them extremely interesting at that moment.

He heard Jin sighing and he winced.

That was not a good sign.

“ Yoongi, how can you ask that of me?”

The elder said in a strained voice and Yoongi was just about to apologize when Jin said, “ You know I can’t say no to you…”

Yoongi was caught off guard by that and when he looked up, Jin was staring at him with the fondest eyes ever and Yoongi was mesmerized by the elder.

He wanted nothing more than to press his lips against Jin’s and hug him so tight that Jin would never be able to leave his side again, but…He stopped himself.

He had no right to do that.

Instead, he offered a tentative smile and said, “ So, does that mean you will be here more often? Just like before?”

At that last part, a sad smile formed on those beautiful plump lips and Yoongi immediately regretted his choice of words when he realized the implication of it.

“ Well, not like before, but we can try and…Mend things? Try to be…Roommates again?” Jin suggested, his voice quiet and Yoongi saw just how much effort Jin put in to say that and sound sincere.

So, no matter how much Yoongi felt displeased with them being back to a status that was not even roommates anymore, he would do anything just to have Jin by his side again so he nodded and said, “Roommates.”

When he offered a small smile to Jin who reciprocated it, he felt slightly better.

At least, that was some sort of improvement as well.

(︺︹︺)

Over the next few days, Jin kept to his word and continued spending more time at the apartment and with him.

They quickly fell back into their old routine which they had since they started living together.

Jin started waking him up again, preparing him food and supplying him with huge amounts of caffeine to get him through the day.

Sometimes they would even watch a movie together, but whenever their hands would accidentally brush, Jin would flinch as if he was scalded by hot water.

He would immediately have an apologetic smile and Yoongi would wave it off pretending it was nothing.

However, on the inside he would be dying, thinking how much he missed the skin-on-skin contact with the elder and also hating the fact that Jin now had such an extreme reaction to them touching.

Underneath that mask of their forced politeness and pretense that everything was fine between them, they were walking on eggs.

And soon enough, the eggs beneath their feet cracked and sent them crashing down.

 

(︺︹︺)

Yoongi had been lazing around that afternoon on their sofa with no desire to do anything in particular.

He was much more keen on spending the day by stealing glances at Jin’s broad frame, who was humming some song underneath his breath while preparing lunch in his adorable pink apron.

Just because he had ‘rejected’ Jin, didn’t mean that he couldn’t pine over him.

After all, it was hard to stop crushing on someone when he lived with the said-crush and spent most of his free time with him.

Maybe he was a masochist though, since he was the one who asked Jin to stop avoiding him and come back.

He started to ponder over that when the sound of the doorbell snapped him out of his thoughts.

“ Yoongi, can you open the door? It’s Jungkook’s friend who came to get the notebook Jungkook forgot here a few days ago.” Jin yelled out from the kitchen and Yoongi replied, “ Yeah, sure.”

He lazily made his way to the front door and when he opened them, he felt the ground crumble under his feet.

He was sure that his expression was identical to the expression that the now-silver haired male standing in front of him was wearing.

“ Wha…” he struggled to find the words, but he failed and he felt confusion, anger, pain and all of what he had felt so many months ago that he tried to bury deep, deep down inside of him, now coursing through his body, threatening to make him burst if he didn’t leave right now.

So, he pushed past the shorter male, knocking his shoulder in the process, before taking angry steps away from him.

“ Yoongi! Please, wait!” he heard that sweet voice pleading him and he felt his rage rising which made him quicken his pace, before he did something he would regret.

He almost stopped however when he heard another voice calling to him.

“ Yoongi, what’s wrong?!”

The voice was so soft and Yoongi felt guilty that Jin sounded so concerned and he wondered if he should it up and turn around, but then that other voice said, “ Hyung, it’s my fault.”

Damn right it is, Yoongi wanted to scream at him, and he was just about to go back when the soft voice said, “ Oh, you must be Jimin, right? Nah, I am sure my roommate is just having a bad day. Don’t worry about him.”

Yoongi felt as if somebody had pushed a cold sharp blade right into his heart.

Of course, he had never told Jin about him and Jimin, but the fact that Jin sounded so gentle when talking to the person who broke his heart made something inside of him snap and break once again and he rushed out of the building as fast as he could, never looking back.

He couldn’t stop the feeling of betrayal that he felt now which replaced all those ugly, strong emotions he felt when he saw Jimin once again.

The fact that Jin immediately thought how Yoongi was the one who was acting silly without even considering that maybe Jimin was the one who had something to do with his sudden outburst caused a bitter taste to spread in Yoongi’s mouth.

(︺︹︺)

Yoongi had no idea for how long he had been walking already.

Surely about few hours passed since he stormed out of the apartment without offering a word of explanation to Jin, or actually acknowledging Jimin’s presence.

He was currently aimlessly walking through the streets in some part of Seoul he had never been in before, while reminiscing about that day when, for the first time since he was born, he felt as if somebody had crushed him and left him void of any emotion except the immense ache suffocating him.

He remembered how he decided to surprise Jimin one day with the intention of taking him on a romantic date to make up for the lack of free time he had during the past few weeks, because of that important project he was working on for one of his music classes he was enrolled in.

He remembered how he went to the dance studio where he knew Jimin usually practiced in his spare time.

He could still remember the fluttering feeling in his chest at the thought of seeing Jimin dancing.

He always loved seeing the way the younger male’s body effortlessly moved along the beat of the music, as if it was specifically made for dancing.

He remembered how he had heard music coming from one of the practice rooms and when he opened the door with a smile on his face, he was met with the sight of Jimin and Taemin kissing.

“ What the !” he yelled, his voice a mixture of anger and disbelief.

“ Yoongi!!” Jimin squeaked in horror as he pushed himself away from Taemin, his eyes wide with shock and guilt.

“ The do you think you are doing?!!” Yoongi growled, feeling furious as he took angry steps towards the two.

Jimin flinched at the sound of Yoongi’s enraged voice, and Yoongi was sure that he looked pretty scary at that moment, because Taemin actually had the nerve to step in front of Jimin, saying, “ Stay away from him. You have done enough as it is.”

“ Excuse me?!” Yoongi said through gritted teeth already clenching his fists.

“ Taemin, don’t.” Jimin pleaded and Yoongi felt anger and pain bubbling inside of him when he saw the way Jimin’s fingers gripped the sleeve of Taemin’s black tee.

“ He should hear this, Jiminnie.” Yoongi’s eye twitched when he heard Taemin calling Jimin the way he usually called him out of love.

“ You have been neglecting Jimin and only focusing on your stupid music lately, so no wonder he came to me. He was ing lonely and instead of noticing that, you just kept staying up late to compose your songs instead of paying attention to your boyfriend, so I don’t know why you are so surprised.”

Yoongi stared at the taller, black-haired boy whose gaze was poisonous and his words deadly.

Then his gaze shifted to Jimin who looked guilty, scared and also there was a glimpse of emotion that was usually only meant for Yoongi, but it was present in Jimin’s eyes now as he stared at Taemin.

Yoongi felt so tired at that moment.

It was as if a truck ran him over and left his lifeless body there to wither.

His anger dissipated and he felt defeated.

He chuckled dryly, although he didn’t find anything funny about the situation, as he said, “ I used to talk about him like you. I used to think of him the same way as you. I used to defend him blindly like you. Up until this moment when I realized that the feeling was obviously not mutual. Because, when you really love someone, you don’t make them feel like this. You do not make them feel like their heart has been ripped out and trampled on and on and on until there is nothing left, but a void in your chest making it hard to breathe.”

For a brief moment he saw Taemin’s gaze waver and he saw Jimin’s wide eyes full of hurt and guilt, but he didn’t care.

He turned around and left the dance studio.

A few moments later, he heard steps behind him, and that voice calling him.

He didn’t stop.

It was only when Jimin ran up to him and blocked his way with his hands spread in front of him that he finally stopped and looked at the boy that he loved so much.

“Yoongi, I swear we did not sleep together.” Jimin’s voice was shaky and desperate as he said that.

His eyes were also teary and usually Yoongi would immediately comfort the shorter male when he was about to cry.

But this time, he couldn’t bring himself to do that.

When he said nothing, Jimin quickly added, “ We just kissed a few times, that’s all. I swear-we never did anything more than that. I am so sorry, please. Yoongi, I love you.” Jimin’s voice finally cracked when he said that and tears started spilling over his round cheeks that Yoongi used to adore.

Yoongi watched the salty drops running down Jimin’s face while his boyfriend’s body trembled.

However, Yoongi felt nothing at that moment.

It was as if he had gone numb from the shock of being betrayed by the one person he loved so much.

So he sighed and said” That’s not all. You also talked. You talked to him about me, about us. You complained about me. You made me the bad guy. And that is worse than any physical sort of cheating. Emotional betrayal is the worst.”

Jimin looked up, looking like a deer caught in headlights, but Yoongi continued, ignoring Jimin’s choked sobs.

“And you wanted us both, didn’t you? And don’t you dare lie to me and say how you were scared of hurting him, or me when the truth is that you were just selfish. Because if you had only been annoyed with me for not being able to spend time with you lately, or give you my full attention, all you had to do was talk to me about how you felt. You should have told me how you feel and I would have tried to do something about it. I would have thought of a way to spend less time producing and more time with you and you knew that. You know how absorbed I get with music sometimes. You know that it’s my passion and that sometimes I need to be reminded that music isn’t the only thing that exists in this world. But, you also knew how much I loved you and you knew that I would do that for you. For us.”

Yoongi’s voice became slightly shaky as well and he closed his eyes for a moment to compose himself.

Jimin had stopped sobbing and when Yoongi opened his eyes, he saw how Jimin was looking at him.

There was so much regret in those eyes, and Yoongi knew that Jimin was silent because he couldn’t deny what Yoongi had just said.

He couldn’t be such a hypocrite after all.

So, Yoongi continued, in a matter-of-a-fact voice, “And that is precisely why you haven’t told me anything. Because then you wouldn’t have an excuse to talk to Taemin about it, to open up to him, to seek his comfort. You would never have an excuse to cheat on me. And yet, you wanted us both. Well, that is not the way the world works. Maybe Taemin is okay with being the other guy in your life, but I am not. I trusted you. I ing loved you, Jimin. And you didn’t even have the decency to be honest with me.”

Jimin’s eyes filled with tears once again, his voice pleading as he stuttered, “ Y-yoongi, God, I…”

“ Don’t.”

Yoongi cut him off immediately.

He was so done.

Nothing Jimin said could make things right again.

Nothing he said could make Yoongi look at him the way he used to.

So, the last words he said to Jimin were spoken in a detached voice.

“ We are over. For good. Don’t ever approach me, or try to talk to me, because I swear, this is nothing compared to how ing pissed I will be if you ever show up in front of me.”

 

That was the last time Yoongi had spoken to Jimin until now.

He knew how frightening he must have looked then, because Jimin really didn’t dare talk to him after that.

Truth to be told, even if he wanted to, Yoongi had done everything to prevent him from doing so.

He had gone to their shared dorm room that same day, packing all of his belongings in a rush and leaving without any thought of what he was going to do after, or where he was going to live.

All he knew at that moment was that he had to get away from anything associated with Jimin, especially that dorm room where everything had started.

So, he appeared that night in front of Hoseok and Taehyung’s apartment door, looking like he had just returned from war.

He sure felt like it.

Of course, his friends had flooded him with questions, but he refused answering any of them then, so they gave him a place to stay and patiently waited for him to tell them what happened.

Their patience lasted for exactly a day ( which was a record for the 2 of them) when Hoseok finally snapped and practically forced the truth out of him.

The worst part was when the look of shock and disbelief in his friends’ eyes was replaced by sympathy as they comforted Yoongi and he hated that.

He hated being pitied.

He despised that he was so vulnerable at that moment and that his friends found out that he wasn’t actually as tough as he claimed to be.

But, if anything, he also got a confirmation of how loyal his friends were.

All of his friends ( so the 3 of them that he had) knew Jimin and got along with him, especially Hoseok who was also a dancer and who frequently hung out with Jimin and don’t even get him started on Taehyung who was Jimin’s soulmate in terms of friendship.

So, when they declared how they would never again speak to that traitor again, he was surprised.

Although it would be painful if his friends continued to hang out with someone who hurt him that badly, he couldn’t ask that of them and that was what he had told them.

But they were determined and they kept their promise.

So it wasn’t until he found his own apartment after 3 months of crashing at their apartment and after Jin miraculously answered his ad in which he was looking for a roommate that Hoseok finally confessed to Yoongi how after their breakup, Jimin had begged him and Taehyung to help him fix things with Yoongi.

He was surprised that Hoseok and Taehyung actually didn’t cave in to Jimin’s request since they always had a soft spot for the younger male.

Everyone always did.

It was one of many Jimin’s charms.

Yoongi snorted when he now thought of how someone who was as sweet and innocent-looking as Jimin could have cheated on him.

Yoongi tried to cool off, but his thoughts kept going back to Jimin.

Most of all, he worried about what Jimin was going to tell Jin.

What if Jimin told him everything that had happened between them?

What if somehow, he made himself look like the victim, even though Yoongi was the one who got cheated on?

Yoongi clenched his fists at the thought.

What would the elder think of him then?

He looked at the time on his wrist watch and saw that it had been 3 hours already since he dramatically rushed out of the apartment, although he hated causing a scene.

But, facing Jimin after so many months for the first time since their breakup was too much for him to handle.

All the memories he had with him, all the times spent together came back to him in that moment, but what was like a dark, ominous cloud hanging above all those memories was Jimin’s betrayal which made Yoongi react on impulse like that.

However, now it was time for him to go back.

He couldn’t hide forever and also he was too anxious about leaving Jin with Jimin.

He didn’t want Jin to find out about the relationship he had with Jimin.

At least not like this.

(︺︹︺)

Yoongi stood in front of his apartment door as dread filled his entire being.

He pressed his ear against the front door, trying to hear if someone was talking inside which would mean that Jimin was still there.

However, after 10 minutes of looking like a total creep in the hallway, with no sound coming from their apartment, he decided to go in.

“ Hey, what happened to you?” Jin asked in a slightly wary, but mostly puzzled voice when Yoongi finally entered to the apartment and saw the pink-haired male on the sofa, watching some silly cartoon.

Judging by the way Seokjin was staring at him, concern etched on his handsome features, it seemed as if Jimin hadn’t disclosed the details of their previous relationship.

“ I just remembered that I had to do something.” Yoongi answered in what he hoped was a casual voice.

Jin scoffed and said, “ Well, it was slightly rude towards Jungkook’s friend to storm out like that. And Jimin seems like a sweet kid. He kept saying it was his fault that you left, although I tried to tell him that that was just how you are in general.”

Yoongi clenched his fists at the mention of Jimin’s name.

Well, at least he had the decency to admit it was his fault.

Nevertheless, he didn’t seem to have shared anything with Jin about what had happened between them and Yoongi wanted to keep it that way.

He didn’t want Jin to found out how broken he was after the breakup, so he just nodded and said, “ I will be in my room.”

He could see Jin’s baffled look at his cold behavior as he passed next to him, but he really didn’t want to have to explain himself.

Not at this moment at least.

So he locked himself inside his room and tried to immerse himself in music and forget about the events from today.

(︺︹︺)

It had been 3 days since Jimin showed up at their apartment, but neither Yoongi nor Jin talked about his strange behavior that night.

Yoongi did, however, notice the slightly worried looks Jin was throwing his way from time to time, but Yoongi decided to pretend like he didn’t see it.

Also, he became extremely quiet during those days.

It’s not like he was ever particularly talkative, but this was too reserved even for him.

But, he really lost the will to try and be sociable, even with Jin, in fear that his roommate would mention Jimin which would probably cause Yoongi to have some unpleasant reaction and then he would have to explain himself to Jin and he didn’t want that.

So, he continued being like that, until Saturday night came along.

It was about 10 p.m. when he got out of his room to have something to drink after spending yet another day being cooped up in his bedroom, producing music to distract himself from any thoughts of Jimin, or Jin.

He knew exactly what time it was, because as he made his way to the kitchen, he practically ran into Jin who was leaving his bedroom.

They stared at each other in surprise and the moment he saw how Jin was dressed, he looked up at the clock on the wall between both of their rooms.

He furrowed his eyebrows when he saw what time it was and then he asked in a confused voice, “ Going somewhere this late?”

It’s not that Jin never went out late, but judging by his washed-out gray skinny jeans, his black and white thin-stripped tee, black bomber jacket, pink-haired pushed back to reveal his perfect forehead and just a smudge of eyeliner in the corner of his eyes to give him that smolder look, it was obvious that the elder was going clubbing.

Yoongi would be lying if he said that his heart hadn’t skipped a beat when he saw how good Jin looked like that, but he was more focused on the fact that the elder was actually about to go and experience the nightlife of Seoul which could get pretty wild.

 Yoongi knew that Jin wasn’t particularly a fan of that since the elder had mentioned that to him a few times in the past and even emphasized how he didn’t feel really comfortable in such places and only went when his friends practically forced him there.

“ Yeah. Jungkook and Jimin invited me to this new night club in Itaewon, so I am going to check it out with them.” Jin answered in a flat voice, but Yoongi was already frozen in his place at the mention of that name.

He could feel his pulse quickening and the stirring in his stomach was making him agitated, but he tried to seem calm as he said in a slightly deeper voice, “ But, you hate clubbing.”

Jin seemed surprised that Yoongi remembered that and he rubbed his neck, looking slightly uncomfortable.

“ True, but Jungkook insisted that I come with them. He said that Jimin wanted to get to know me better, and I want to leave a good impression on him, since he seems really nice. And also, Jungkook has a hard time making friends, so Jimin must be pretty special to have managed to get Jungkook out of his awkward shell.” Jin said with a gentle smile, but the usual effect that that smile produced on Yoongi was replaced by something else.

Something viscious which made Yoongi’s expression darken as he coldly stated, “ You can’t go.”

“ Excuse me?” Jin seemed flabbergasted by that sudden order, but Yoongi couldn’t stop himself when he said, “ I forbid you to go with that guy.”

He knew the moment he had said it that he had crossed the line.

He knew it even before he saw how Jin’s usually warm eyes have gone glazed.

But the damage had already been done and now he had to suffer the consequences when Jin crossed his arms over his chest, his tone of voice being icy like it had never been before.

At least Yoongi had never before heard it, but now it was clearly meant for him, and as soon as Jin started spitting words at him, his eyes piercing through Yoongi, he cursed himself for not being able to control his stupid mouth.

“ You forbid me? Well, I wasn’t aware that you had the power to do that. Nobody had informed me that you were my owner. I am terribly sorry master Yoongi that my behavior had displeased you so much.”

Yoongi winced at Jin’s sarcastic tone and he tried to explain himself, but Jin raised his hand in air to stop him from saying something.

“ Enough. Whatever you have to say, I don’t want to hear it. I’ve had it with you, Yoongi. Just, off already and let me live my life.”

Yoongi gaped at the elder, not believing what Jin had just said, but he didn’t even get the chance to respond, because Jin had scoffed angrily, before taking his wallet and stomping out of the apartment.

He stood in the same spot for a few moments, still unable to recover from the shock of Jin cursing at him when he realized that he actually made Jin angry and sent him directly into Jimin’s slimy arms.

“ !!” he let out a frustrated cry of anger as he kicked the wall hard.

 What the hell was Jimin’s ulterior motive that he actually insisted for Jungkook to make Jin come along with them tonight?

He didn’t want to think about it, but he couldn’t stop himself from doing so.

What if this was Jimin’s way of getting his revenge on him?

What if Jimin wanted to take Jin away from him?

Just at the thought of that Yoongi felt short of breath as he slumped against the wall and fell to the floor.

This was so much worse than his fear of having his heart broken again by Jin.

Because if Jimin took Jin away from him, he was sure that he would never forgive himself for being such an idiot and actually making that possible by not telling Jin who Jimin actually was and by pissing Jin off by forbidding him to go with Jimin without giving a reason why.

“ You stupid, stupid idiot.” he kept muttering under his breath while desperation filled every inch of his body.

(︺︹︺)

After Jin had practically stormed out of the apartment, Yoongi kept pacing in the living room while constantly looking at the clock.

He tried calling Jin a few times after what he had said, and even sent him a few messages saying how he was sorry and how he hadn’t meant what he had said, but Jin ignored all of them.

And as more time passed with no response from Jin, the anxiety increased, keeping him on the edge.

He bit his nails so many times in the span of the 4 hours that Jin had been gone that he could already feel the blood when he bit into the flesh of his fingertips.

The rusty taste of blood replaced the acid-like taste in his mouth which had been there ever since those idiotic, thoughtless words left his mouth.

His eyes prickled from the lack of sleep, and he was sure that he had developed an ulcer from beating himself up over what he had said and worrying in these past few hours.

But, none of that mattered when his cell phone finally ringed at about 2:30 a.m. causing him to answer without a second thought when he saw Jin’s name appear on the screen.

“ Hello, Jin? God, I didn’t mean it, I swear, and…” he started speaking so fast in the phone that he was already running out of breath, but he didn’t care.

However, he stopped as soon as the voice on the other line said, “ Uhm, it’s not Jin Hyung. It’s me.”

He felt chills running through down his spine as soon as that oh so familiar voice said that.

So, it was true.

His worst fear had come true.

Jimin got what he wanted.

He got Jin and now he was calling him from Jin’s phone to brag about it.

Well, Yoongi was not going to give him the satisfaction.

“ I am hanging up.” Yoongi stated in the most emotionless voice possible and he really was about to, but then Jimin yelled in a panicked voice, “ Wait! Jin Hyung needs your help!”

That was the only thing that stopped Yoongi from hanging up immediately.

“ What the hell do you mean by that?” Yoongi hissed in the phone, not having a good feeling about all of this.

“ S-some guy spiked Hyung’s drink while me and Jungkook were on the dance floor a-and I…God, Yoongi, I just didn’t know what to do and so…”

As Yoongi listened to Jimin’s desperate voice over the phone he clutched the phone tightly, unable to stand it anymore as soon as he heard that Jin was in trouble.

“ Where are you?” he cut Jimin off, just wanting to get to Jin as soon as possible.

“ I-I…In f-front of the Lucidream club which is located at Yongsan-gu, Usadan-Ro 43.” Jimin hiccupped and Yoongi was then already outside of his building, hauling a cab while saying, “ Don’t move from there.” and before Jimin could say anything else, Yoongi hung up.

As he told the driver the address of the club, all he could do was pray in his head that Jin was alright.

He tried to stay positive but as soon as Jimin told him that somebody had spiked Jin’s drink, horrible scenarios and images flashed through his head.

He kept clenching and unclenching his fist, thinking how he will never forgive himself if something bad happened to Jin, because if he had been honest with Jin tonight then the elder wouldn’t have rushed out like that and none of this would have happened.

When the cab finally stopped in front of the club, he must have looked like a madman as he practically jumped out of the vehicle, looking around and trying to spot Jin, Jimin or Jungkook while his hair was messed up from how many times he ran his hand in frustration through it, still dressed in his sweatpants, white –shirt stained with something yellow on his shoulder and in his black slippers.

He had no time to change, because as soon as he heard that something had happened to Jin, he wasted no time and immediately ran out to catch a cab.

Finally, he noticed Jimin crouched in front of someone who was sitting on the filthy sidewalk, his back pressed against the brick wall of the club as the guy had his face buried in his arms.

He tried to disregard the fear rising inside of him as he rushed to the two familiar guys.

“ Jin, are you okay?” Yoongi asked in a panicked voice as soon as he approached the guy whose face was still buried in his hands.

The male finally managed to lift his head weakly and when he did, Yoongi’s breath hitched.

Jin’s pupils were blown-wide, his pink hair all tousled, but what caught Yoongi’s attention first was how puffy and red Jin’s eyes were.

He saw the dried tears on his cheeks, and he felt that fear crippling him once again just like it did when he heard that Jin’s drink had been spiked.

“ Y-yoongi?”

Jin’s weak voice, along with the apprehensive look in his eyes as if he was afraid that Yoongi was one of the bad guys who was going to hurt him, made his heart ache.

“ Yeah, it’s me. It’s alright, you are safe now. I won’t let anything bad happen to you.” Yoongi reassured the elder who broke down after that and started sobbing while repeating in a delirious voice, “ O-oh God, Y-yoongi, I am so sorry. I d-didn’t know, I…H-he seemed nice and…I was so stupid, I am sorry, please…Please, I…”

Yoongi’s stomach lurched and panic filled him when he saw how Jin was acting and how upset he was so he quickly wrapped his hands around Jin’s wrists and pulled him in a tight hug while whispering in his ear, “ Shhh, you did nothing wrong. I am here now and I won’t let anything happen to you. Just calm down, please.”

He tried to sound calm, so as to make Jin feel safe, but the thing was that he felt petrified.

What was it precisely that happened to Jin to make him be like this?

He was too scared to find out.

“ Yoongi.”

He had completely forgotten about the person who was crouching next to Jin when he approached them.

With Jin’s face buried in his chest, and his arms wrapped protectively around the elder who was trembling in his arms, he finally turned his head to the side to find Jimin watching him with a guilty expression, but also something else.

What it was, Yoongi really didn’t have time nor did he care to find out, so he asked in a firm voice, “ What the happened to him?!”

Jimin bit his lower lip, a habit he had when he was too afraid to say something, but Yoongi had no time for that now so he snapped and said in a sharp voice, “ Talk. Now.”

Jimin got startled by that, but he quickly nodded and started explaining what had happened, “ Me and Jungkook were dancing and we saw Jin Hyung going with some guy who was holding his wrist. We thought that maybe they hit it off, but then Jungkook said that something wasn’t right and that Jin Hyung wasn’t like that. So we rushed towards them, but the crowd was too big. When we found them, the guy was trying to kiss Hyung, but Jin Hyung was struggling and trying to push him away. The guy was too strong though and he slammed Hyung to the wall, but we managed to pull him away from the guy and out of the club. And then Hyung said he was feeling unwell and that he thinks that the guy put something in his drink. And he kept saying your name while crying, so I called you and , I am so sorry. Yoongi, I…”

“ Save it, Jimin. I don’t care what you have to say. I can’t believe you actually had the nerve to insist for Jin to come here and then you even let this happen. Never in my life had I thought of hitting you, not even after what you had done to me and trust me-you are lucky that that guy didn’t manage to do anything to Jin, because I would ing beat you to a pulp if something had happened to him.” Yoongi spat out, his eyes narrowed at the shorter male whose mouth was formed in an “o”, shock written across his face when Yoongi said that.

“ Come on, we are going home.” Yoongi gently said to Jin while helping him get up.

The elder’s legs were wobbly as he got up, and Yoongi had his arm wrapped around his waist as he said, “ Lean onto me.”

“ Mhm.” Jin mumbled, his eyes half-lidded as he rested his head on Yoongi’s shoulder while letting him guide him to the cab.

“ L-let me help.” Jimin quickly said when he got over his initial shock after Yoongi’s harsh words, but Yoongi hissed and said, “ You’ve done enough. At least get Jungkook home safe.”

And with that he lead Jin to the cab and after getting him in the backseat safely, he also got in there.

Jin immediately let his head fall on Yoongi’s lap and Yoongi threaded his fingers through Jin’s now-sweaty pink strands.

He started running his fingers through Jin’s hair, who hummed in content as he had his eyes closed.

“ Everything is going to be fine now. I won’t leave your side anymore.” Yoongi said quietly.

“ Promise?” Jin asked in a sleepy voice, his eyes still closed.

Yoongi’s heart clenched at the tone of Jin’s voice which sounded so sad and yet hopeful at the same time.

“ I promise.” Yoongi said seriously, before leaning down and pressing a kiss to Jin’s forehead.

He was so absorbed with Jin at that moment that he didn’t even notice Jimin looking at the window of the cab with a sorrowful look in his eyes.

Even as the cab drove off, Yoongi never once looked back.


Okay, so I know that I have amazing, supportive readers who always assure me that I should not stress about the updates and take my time and I guess that is one of the main reasons why I am able to write without having any major writer's block and I really appreciate that. I enjoy writing these stories so much mostly because you are so sweet and great, and the irony is that before I started writing these fics, I didn't really have much interest in writing. But, I still want to apologize for making you wait so much for this update. I have been so extremely busy and I just hate how whenever I found some free time and tried to write, I was just so stressed with real life that I couldn't even focus on writing, so that is why I wanted to wait until I had some actual, stress-free time to finish this chapter. So, yeah. I will have some more free time next week, so I will try to focus on writing during that time. :)