Chapter 5 - Something Good

Fool's Gold

Yugyeom stared at the pile of melted metal in his hands.
What the just happened?
He took it with shaking hands and stretched it out slowly.
It came almost as easily as water would.
He separated it into two piles and smushed it back together.
But then he realized.
How was Yugyeom gonna get it back into shape?
He poked at again, remembering the weird tug he had felt in his chest right before the coin had melted.
Maybe...?
Yugyeom stared at the coin in deep concentration.
He searched for that same place, that weird feeling, almost as if he was being pulled toward the coin.
And then he felt it.
He mentally grasped it and tugged again.
The metal flowed across his hand and resettled into the original shape.
Yugyeom was so startled that he lost his concentration.
He felt the nub slipping away.
Again he searched for it.
He found it much easier this time.
He pulled... and the coin melted.
Pulled again... and back into place.
Then the door banged open and he startled up, almost dropping the coin and wrenching him out of his concentration.
Jinyoung glared at him, standing where the door was a few seconds ago. "I've been calling you to dinner for like, five minutes. Come eat."
And without saying anything else, he slammed the door shut.
Yugyeom could hear his footsteps as Jinyoung walked away.
He stood up and moved toward the door.
He went to drop the coin in his wallet, and then hesitated and set it on his drawer. 
A memento.
And then before he could get distracted again, he closed the door and headed toward the kitchen.
Yugyeom sat down at his seat. He looked down at his food, suddenly having lost all his appetite. The other members looked at him with worry, and BamBam nudged his arm.
"Are you OK?" he asked.
Yugyeom nodded and said "Yeah, I'm fine" before beginning to eat. 
But as he picked up his fork, he felt it melting in his hand.
He tried to keep it as one piece, trying to find anyway to not attract attention to himself.
What he didn't realize was, the fork was in his food, slowly melting and making his food a silver color.
Everyone looked at him with wide eyes.
Yugyeom kept staring at the fork with a blank expression. The members looked at him with confusion; they didn't know if this normally happened or if this is the first time.
But if it was normal, it would've happened before, whether Yugyeom hid his powers or not.
"Yugyeom, what the are you doing to the fork?" Bambam asked after all eyes have been on Yugyeom.
"Uh...n-nothing." Yugyeom said before finding the thing inside of him and turning the fork back to solid.
Everyone but Mark, who was used to like this happening all the time that he could hardly give a care, stared at Yugyeom with shock.
"Yugyeom, you just turned that fork into liquid then back to normal, but you never told us you could do that. Care to explain?" JB said with a serious expression, all eyes turning at Yugyeom, waiting for a response.
Even Mark looked this time.
Yugyeom gulped. He's not even sure about it himself.
"Well, I guess you could say I took a coin out, and after holding it for a while, it turned into...well, liquid, I guess? But I could shape it how I wanted...kinda like clay?" Yugyeom deadpanned.

Jinyoung cocked his head. “So was that what you were doing when I was calling you?” 

Yugyeom nodded. “Yep… I never knew I could do this. It's never been anything other than sensing. If my dad finds out…”
His head shot up suddenly. “Oh my god! My dad!”
Bambam chuckled weakly. “Did you forget your dad exists or something?”
Yugyeom shook his head and shrank back into his chair. “No… but if he finds out… and he isn't able to get his hands on me… he wouldn't hesitate to kill one or more of you guys… or me.”
JB leaned forward, looking a little frazzled. “Why you?”
Yugyeom looked at him with pain in his eyes. “Because he doesn't want anyone to get their hands on me.”
Youngjae spoke then. “How do you know?”
“Because I spent the first part of my life with him. I know how he thinks.”
Yugyeom studied his hands like they were the most interesting thing in the world, not daring to look up.

JB broke the silence by clapping his hands loudly.

"OK, this breakfast may have been the most eventful breakfast we've had, but we have a more eventful day ahead of us, so get your lazy asses moving!" he yelled.

Jackson leaned back in his chair and started whining immidately.

And then Jinyoung kicked him in shins.

Jackson started to complain about how "Jinyoungie kicked me", and then Jaebum snuck up behind him and wrestled him from his chair and grappled him into a headlock.

While JB was shoving Jackson's head underneath his arm, Jinyoung turned around in his seat and aimed another kick at Jackson's thighs now.

Jackson was grumbling about how Jinyoung should be getting punished as JB walked awkwardly through the door with him still stuck fast under his arm, but before they left, Jackson turned his head and winked at Yugyeom before continuing his endless tirade, now about "Unfair Hyung".

There was shuffling around outside, and then they heard a long whine coming from down the hall.

A few seconds there was a thump and then a door slamming.

Stomping was heard from Jackson's room to (what they were assuming because why would he go anywhere else) was JB's room.

After a long silence, Youngjae started giggling, and then Bambam started to laugh too.

Mark's facade finally cracked and a smile overtook his face.

Jinyoung sat in his seat with a half-smile. 

Yugyeom watched with a smile of his own as the two youngest, other than him, immitated Jackson's whines and JB's chin.

He mentally thanked Jackson in his head for dispelling the awkward atmosphere.

Because Yugyeom knew that he had done it on purpose.

That wink said eveything and more.

 

------------------------------

A/N:

So I was going to let FluffyKittiez take this A/N, but something happened and I wanted to explain.

At the beginning of the week, we got a few huundred words done, but we left it until Saturday, which was when I panicked and we got a little more written.

But by Sunday evening we had about 300 words written and I WAS FLipPiNG tHE OUt.

So I did the last part on my own because I stress a lot, okay? XD

So I close the tab when I'm done and tell FK that I'm done.

I go back on Monday morning to check my work for mistakes.....

AND THE STUFF I HAD WRITTEN WASN'T THERE.

So that's how I ended up furiously re-writing what I could remember from last night at 4:30 in the morning.

It's 5:45 now and I need a coffee.

Or two.

So please kindly ignore any spelling errors or mistakes because everything was rushed and the quality is bad T^T

But thanks for sticking with us so far~~

I hope you enjoy the chapter ^^

Saranghae~~

-WingedWarrior 

<3