Chapter 3- Hard Carry

Fool's Gold

Yugyeom stared at Jinyoung. "Are... are you sure?"

Jinyoung snorted. "Yes, I'm sure."

Yugyeom stood up and handed the ring back to Youngjae, muscles quivering slightly.

Youngjae took it and immediately slipped it on, and Yugyeom could have sworn he saw JB look over and blush slightly.

But crushes weren't on his mind at the moment, he'd have time to mull that over later.

What he needed to focus on was the fact that maybe his power was more than he ever thought?

And the fact that his father had reappeared.

Which was also kind of important.

The room was quiet for a while, the others trying to process what just happened. Yugyeom completely understood, they've been together for three years and only now did they know about his hidden powers. He would've reacted the same way if he was in their shoes.

Jackson was the first to break the silence, "Well, that was crazy. His eyes changed color, and he himself said that it never happened before, so how come it's the first time it happened?"

Yugyeom shrugged, "Maybe it was because I haven't used it in a long time, so it got more powerful, I guess."

Jinyoung looked at him. "What did it feel like?"

Yugyeom took a shaky breath. "The power just completely took over my body. You know that feeling you get before a concert with all the adrenaline flowing theough your body? That's what it felt like, except there was so much more. It was guiding me, so if you asked me to do what I had done right now, I wouldn't be able to do it."

JB leaned forward and rested his elbows on the table, bringing forehead and massaging it. "Guys, this is all very cool and stuff, but we still have a schedule to worry about."

Youngjae nodded in agreement with Jaebum, "I agree, we can so l kinds of questions later.", he smiled at Jaebum, and Jaebum smiled back.

They were silent for a while, until Jinyoung cleared his throat, "Alright love birds, let's go now, then we'll drown Yugyeom with questions."

Jackson groaned, "Everytime there's something interesting, you guys have to ruin it!"

The room filled with laughter as Jinyoung hits the back of Jackson's head and he screams in agony.

Then, all of Yugyeom's worries are forgotten away, because he knew that now, he had a much better family.

One that would protect him and care for him, no matter what. One that wouldn't use his powers for wealth or bad deeds.

A true family with him as the youngest child.

He beamed at them and just leaned back and watched them bickering, feeling warm inside, feeling safe for the first time.

He was staring at BamBam, and eventually BamBam turned around and caught him.

Yugyeom flushed and sent an apologetic smile towards him.

He turned his gaze back to the table, and noticed Youngjae watching him.

Youngjae sent him a pointed look, and Yugyeom glared at him, then stood up from the table.

"I'm going to get ready," he announced, and JB began to usher the others to their rooms to do the same, because there was only half an hour until manager-nim came to pick them up and they should really get moving.

Yugyeom was dreading being in the same room as BamBam while they were alone, but headed to his room anyways.

And sure enough, BamBam followed him, because what else would he do?

Yugyeom stayed in his side of the room, pretending to decide what to wear when in reality all he could think about was BamBam.

He shuffled through a pile of clothes.

Which was a mistake, because it meant his back was facing BamBam.

When he turned around, he was met with his best friend standing right there.

BamBam stepped forward, and Yugyeom stepped back.

They continued like this until Yugyeom was pressed against the wall.

BamBam put his hand on the side of Yugyeom's head in leaned in close, so close that his breath was mixing with Yugyeom's.

Yugyeom's eyes darted everywhere but BamBam, and he tried to ignore the fluttering if his heart.

He could smell BamBam, and to be honest, he smelled really good.

BamBam grabbed Yugyeom's chin with his free hand, forcing him to look him in the eyes.

In the back if his mind, Yugyeom couldn't help but think this was so cliche, but he really didn't care.

"Yugyeom," BamBam said, his voice lower than he had ever heard it. "I don't know what's going on, but I know things are changing and I don't want to lose you. I noticed you staring at me earlier, and I don't know what it meant, and I won't ask. But I don't want to lose you, so please don't hurt yourself. Because I know there will be many places where you can get seriously injured, or killed, and I don't want to live without you. So please, for my sake, just stay safe?"

His voice adopted a pleading tone, and the end came out more like a question.

Yugyeom met his gaze, trying to ignore the lump in his throat. "Only if you can promise the same."

He wanted to scream, wanted to kiss him so badly, wanted to tell him that he liked him more than as a friend, needed him more than a friend, but he couldn't. 

So he just contained his feelings as well as he could and tried not to implode.

BamBam met his gaze and nodded. "I'll try."

He started to back away, but Yugyeom lunged forward and grabbed his wrist.

"No. I need more than 'I'll try'. I need to know that you will be safe, that we'll all be safe."

A lone tear trickled from his eye, and he wiped it away furiously, angry at himself for asking more than BamBam could possibly give. 

Without saying anything, BamBam pulled him into a hug, and then picked up his clothes and threw them at him. 

"You should get dressed."

Yugyeom laughed weakly, and followed his advice.

When they were ready, they paused at the door.

They glanced at each other and nodded, before opening the door and walking out.

That single nod meant more than it looked.

It meant that they wouldn't tell anyone what had just transpired.

It meant that they were still best friends.

But most of all, it was a promise.

A promise that only they understood, and only they would ever understand.

It was a moment when your heart touches someone else's, and that was promise to remember it, to keep that memory safe.

It was a promise to keep each other safe.


Hello everyone ^^

So...Fluffy_Kittiez here!! 

This was the first chapter I co-authored since the so called "notebook chapters"

I named them myself tbh...

Anyway, I hope that you enjoyed this chapter, and that you'll root for Yugbam all the way

*chants* YUGBAM! YUGBAM!

Stay Safe~

Bye~~