Chapter 6

Leather Jackets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin wakes up to a knock on the door. Besides him, Jungkook is still sleeping. Jimin gets up and walks to the door opening it and he sees Hoseok standing there nervously.

“Hoseok hyung…,” Jimin says. “What are you doing here?”

“I asked Taehyung’s friend Yugyeom where he was and he told me he was at your house,” Hoseok explains. “Can…can I see him?”

Before Jimin can say anything he hears a voice behind him.

“Hyung,”

It’s Taehyung standing there and Hoseok moves past Jimin entering the house and hugs Taehyung.

“I was so worried for you.”

Taehyung doesn’t hug back Hoseok. He just stands there motionless.

“Taehyung, what is up with you?” Hoseok asks. “Aren’t you happy to see me?”

“Of course I am,” Taehyung says. “But…”

“But what?” Hoseok asks.

“I don’t…I don’t think so we should be seeing each other,”

“…..”

Now, even Jungkook is in the living room and he frowns at Hoseok.

“What the is he doing here?”

“Kookie, it’s nothing to worry,” Taehyung says wearily to Jungkook.

Jungkook backs off slightly standing with his arms crossed.

“Tae, listen to me,” Hoseok begins. “Everything that happened yesterday it was all my fault okay. But I promise you I won’t let Yoongi or anyone for that matter hurt you again”

Taehyung looks at Hoseok unsure and then looks away appearing to be close to tears again.

“I can’t hurt Yoongi hyung like that,” Taehyung says. “Seeing you means that Yoongi hyung will be hurt again”

“So, you only care about his feelings now Taehyung?” Hoseok asks. “What about me? What about everything that happened with us?”

“It was all a mistake,” Taehyung says. “A bad mistake…we….we should have stayed away from each other”

Hoseok looks too shocked to even speak before he humorlessly chuckles.

“It was nice of you and Yoongi of course to only think about yourself and not me even for once,” Hoseok says. “Neither of you cared enough to know what do I think about all this”

He continues.

“Typical of Yoongi if you ask me but you…Tae I expected you to think about me for once”

“Hoseok hyung you know I don’t mean it like this,”

“Then, what do you mean Taehyung?” Hoseok asks. “Tell me I’m all ears”

“Hoseok…,”

“Just tell me Taehyung,” Hoseok says. “I hope I at least deserve an explanation after all of this”

“Hoseok…I…I love you,” Taehyung says and he pauses looking down while Hoseok looks shocked.

Taehyung continues.

“I love you and I love Yoongi hyung too and right now I think that is best we stay away from each other. It’s best for all three of us involved,”

Hoseok is still speechless.

“I loved every moment I spent with you Hoseok,” Taehyung says. “Those were the best days of my life”

Taehyung pauses as tears leak from his eyes.

“But…but some things aren’t meant to be,” Taehyung says. “We aren’t meant to be”

Taehyung proceeds to hug Hoseok who is still taken aback and doesn’t return the hug.

“I’ll miss you,” Taehyung says. “I’ll miss you a lot”

“Tae…Taehyung,” Hoseok says.

“Yes?”

“Can…can we kiss once for the last time?” Hoseok asks. “I…I need closure”

Taehyung bites his lips but just nods and Hoseok leans in pressing his lips onto Taehyung’s but not for more than 30 seconds and now both of them have tears in their eyes.

“I…I think I should leave,” Hoseok says.

Taehyung nods not meeting Hoseok’s eyes at all.

Hoseok turns around and Jimin stands back letting him go before he stops.

“You know Taehyung,” he says. “I love you too”

And just like that, he is out of the door.

Taehyung lets out a hard sob and Jimin sees him wiping at his eyes furiously.

“Kookie give me a cigarette,” he says.

“I thought you were going cold turkey…,” Jungkook says.

Taehyung sighs.

“Give me a ing cigarette,”

Jungkook stares before quietly taking the almost empty box of cigarettes lying on the coffee table and a lighter, Taehyung takes them and walks out while Jimin looks at him walking off before he closes the door sighing a little.

Jungkook is now beside him hugging him.

“I am sorry everything is such a mess right now,” he says.

“It’s not even your fault,”

“Yeah, but I feel bad for dragging you into all this,” Jungkook says.

“Everything that concerns you also concerns me okay,”

Jungkook nods.

“Don’t you have Uni today?” he asks.

“No, there is some kind of festival,” Jimin says. “But I am not going”

“Are you going to the diner then?”

“No,” Jimin says. “I got a text from Seokjin hyung. The diner is closed today because he has to go wedding shopping,”

“Wedding?”

“Didn’t I tell you Seokjin hyung and Namjoon hyung are getting married?”

“Oh,” Jungkook says. “That’s nice”

“Yeah,”

“Makes me wonder when we will marry,”

“You wanna marry me?”

“Of course I do,” Jungkook says.

Jimin blushes at the thought.

“I would want a nice destination wedding,” Jungkook says. “By a nice little beach”

He continues.

“And after the wedding, we will get on a plane and then go to Paris or some European city and we’ll see all the places, drink fine wine, make love…ah bliss,”

“That’s quite a plan Kookie,” Jimin says. “Almost like you thought it through”

“I did,” Jungkook says and kisses Jimin. “I really do wanna marry you Park Jimin”

Jimin smiles into the kiss thinking about how married life with Jungkook would look like. He would probably be the happiest person on this planet if he gets to spend forever with Jungkook.

“Not this soon though,” Jungkook says. “But one day”

“One day,” Jimin says.

They kiss again.

“So, what should I make for breakfast?” Jimin asks.

“Chocolate chip pancakes,”

“You only ever ask for that,” Jimin frowns.

“I love chocolates,”

“All right I’ll make them,” Jimin says as he gets to work and Jungkook goes off to shower.

Jimin makes a whole stack before Jungkook gets out of the shower stark and Jimin almost drops his mug of coffee his eyes widening.

“Come on Jimin,” Jungkook says. “It’s not like you haven’t seen me ”

“Yeah,” Jimin says still not looking at Jungkook.

“All right I’ll wear something,” Jimin hears Jungkook sighing as he walks off to their bedroom and Jimin stares at his . Jungkook returns some time later wearing a pair of shorts and a tank top.

“Happy?”

Jimin just nods.

“So, you won’t be going to work today, right?”

“No, I called Yugyeom and he said Yoongi hyung won’t even open the door,”

“Oh,” Jimin says.

“Yeah,”

“I think you should go see him,” Jimin says.

“I don’t think he’ll appreciate anyone’s company right now,” Jungkook says chewing on his pancakes.

“You don’t know,” Jimin says. “I don’t think you should let him suffer alone”

Jungkook seems to mull over the thought.

“Yeah, you are right,” Jungkook says. “I should check on him”

“Yes, you should make sure he is eating and stuff,” Jimin says.

“Okay, I’ll go over to him,” Jungkook says as he finishes his last pancake.

“See you soon,” Jimin says as he kisses Jungkook.

“I’ll be back soon,” Jungkook says.

He turns around to leave and then stops.

“Make sure you take care of Taehyung hyung too,” Jungkook says.

Jimin nods.

Jungkook leaves and Jimin is left alone in the house so he showers first and then does the laundry and cleans up. For lunch, he makes some kimbap and settles on the wobbly couch to study. It’s almost weird to him to have the house all to himself so long because Jungkook was always there and Jimin was so used to his presence that the house seems empty.

A knock on the door distracts Jimin who gets up and opens it. It’s Taehyung who looks like a mess but silently comes in as Jimin closes the door. Jimin almost wants to leave him alone but he knows Taehyung hasn’t even eaten in a long time.

“Hey, Taehyung,”

Taehyung stops in his tracks.

“I made some kimbap,” Jimin says. “Would you like to eat?”

Taehyung just nods and Jimin smiles at him.

“All right, I’ll get them,”

“Yeah, I’ll just go shower,”

Jimin nods as Taehyung goes to the bathroom and Jimin brings the kimbap in the living room along with some coke for Taehyung to drink.

Jimin then gives Taehyung more of Jungkook’s spare clothes and he returns 15 minutes later wearing Jungkook’s white shirt and black shorts his brown hair dripping wet.

“Eat up,” Jimin says.

Taehyung sits down on the sofa and begins chewing almost too slowly while Jimin picks up his book pretending that he is reading but he is watching Taehyung to make sure the boy is eating.

Taehyung picks up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter