Chapter 4

Leather Jackets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is the third time Jimin has thrown up and he feels Jungkook pat his back. Jimin sits back on the toilet floor and Jungkook offers him a glass of water. Jimin takes it taking small sips.

“I shouldn’t have been drinking,”

“I guess it’s my fault,” Jungkook says biting his lip. “I let you drink so much”

“My head hurts,” Jimin says.

“That’s just hangover,” Jungkook says. “That happens when you get drunk”

“Why do people get drunk then?” Jimin questions.

“Because it’s fun,” Jungkook says.

“I think I am done here,” Jimin says and Jungkook stands up offering Jimin her hand taking him to the bedroom.

“Are you going out to Uni and work today?”

“I don’t think so,” Jimin says.

“It’s fine it’s just one day,” Jungkook says sensing that Jimin doesn’t like missing Uni or work.

Jimin just nods.

“You must be hungry,” Jungkook says. “What should I get you?”

“Nothing, I am okay,” Jimin says.

“Come on I’ll make you soup or something,” Jungkook says.

“I told you I’m fine,” Jimin says. “Just make me some coffee”

“Okay,” Jungkook says as he goes into the kitchen. He comes back a few minutes later with two steaming cups of coffees in his hands.

“Here you go,” Jungkook says handing Jimin his coffee.

Jimin sips it and he feels better already.

“Thank you,” Jimin says kissing Jungkook’s nose.

Jungkook smiles as he wraps his around Jimin and Jimin leans in resting his head on Jungkook’s shoulder.

“Do you have work today?”

“Yeah, but I am gonna stay here with you,”

“Jungkook…,”

“Shush the hyungs can manage without me for a day,” Jungkook says.

“All right,” Jimin says.

Jungkook just smiles playing with Jimin’s hair and kissing his head and Jimin sips his coffee in peace until their mugs are empty and Jungkook gets up to keep them in the kitchen.

“Now that we have the whole day to ourselves, what do you wanna do?” Jungkook says.

“Let’s talk,”

“Huh,”

“Get to know each other better,” Jimin suggests in a hope to know the many secrets that Jungkook still hides from him.

Jungkook’s face turns into a frown.

“What do you wanna know?” he asks and Jimin takes Jungkook’s hands and rubs circles on his palms.

“Where is your family?” Jimin asks thinking that it’s better if he just says what he wishes to know instead of dragging the whole thing.

Immediately Jungkook moves his hands away and Jimin senses that he probably shouldn’t have asked him about them.

“Why do you wanna know about them?” Jungkook asks.

“I just do,” Jimin says. “I wanna know why you never talk about them”

“I hate them,” Jungkook says and he looks as if he is close to tears.

Jimin immediately proceeds to wrap his arms around Jungkook.

“I’m sorry it’s okay if you don’t want to talk about them,” he says.

“They were abusive,” Jungkook quietly whispers. “They used to hit me with everything they could find”

Jimin runs his hand through Jungkook’s hair as Jungkook continues.

“I would have bruises and people would ask questions, students, and teachers but I would lie and come up with excuses and soon it became a routine that no one asked questions anymore and I would endure the beatings silently”

“Once, I had to stay home for 2 weeks because my father fractured my leg”

Jimin’s grip tightens around Jungkook as if shielding him from those bad people.

“It got pretty bad as I grew up,” Jungkook said and now he was crying.

“It always puzzled me because I remember that they loved me when I was little or maybe I fabricated those memories to cope up with the abuse,” Jungkook says.

“I would think that it was some kind of tough love technique and they loved me and it would stop one day but…but it never did,”

Jimin runs his hands on Jungkook’s back as he feels a tear or two trickling down his cheek.

“I finally left home when I was 15,” Jungkook says. “I couldn’t take it anymore”

There was a pause and Jimin hears Jungkook sniffing.

“I stayed on the streets until I met Yoongi hyung,” Jungkook says. “He took me in”

Jimin now understands why the elder is so protective of Yoongi.

“Hyung was only 19 at the time and he had been dealing for over 3 years,” Jungkook says. “He told me I could stay there for as long as I wanted. He brought me clothes and cooked food and then I met the rest of them Taehyung hyung, Yugyeom and everyone else and they were all dealers and made good money and they all treated me like a younger brother of some sort”

“Yoongi hyung didn’t want me to deal but I didn’t want to become dependent on him. So he would let me but only when I was with someone, he worried about me more than anyone ever did,” Jungkook says.

“And after I started making money I moved out,” Jungkook says before he breaks away from Jimin’s hug and looks up at Jimin. His eyes are red and puffy and Jimin’s heart breaks even more.

“So, now you know why I never talk about my parents,” he says.

“I am sorry Jungkook,”

“It’s not your fault that they were ,” Jungkook says.

Jimin hugs Jungkook again.

“Nobody deserved that but it’s okay now because you have me and your hyungs and neither of them are gonna let anyone lay a finger on you,” Jimin says.

“I am so lucky to have met you,” Jungkook says. “I love you”

“I love you more,” Jimin says kissing the top of Jungkook’s head before they break away and Jungkook kisses the palm of Jimin’s hand rubbing circles into them.

“Can I ask you something too?”

“Yeah,”

“Where’s your dad?”

“I don’t know,” Jimin answers. “I have never seen him”

“Is he dead?” Jungkook says.

“Probably,” Jimin answers. “He was abusive towards my mom and kicked her out when I was still a baby”

“Oh,”

‘She bought this house from the money her father left her and then raised me all on her own”

“I am sorry,”

“I am glad I never got to see that monster of a man,” Jimin say

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter