Chapter 10

Leather Jackets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin stares at himself in the mirror.

He looks at his face to see if there are any visible signs that he has aged but there isn’t. He looks just like he did yesterday.

Jimin turns on the tap and the sound of water echoes through the bathroom as Jimin washes his face before patting it dry.

Jimin brushes his teeth and then heads to shower where he spends a long time.

When he leaves the bathroom all dressed the house feels too silent, Jimin goes to the bedroom to check on Jungkook when he feels a pair of hands covering his eyes.

“Happy Birthday baby,” Jimin hears Jungkook’s voice.

“Thanks,” Jimin says with a grin. “Would you let me see now?”

“Nope, I have a surprise for you,” Jungkook says. “Come on”

They start walking before stopping.

Jungkook removes his hands from Jimin’s eyes and Jimin sees a small cake on the table the words ‘Happy Birthday Jimin’ scrawled on it.

“Thank you so much Jungkook,” Jimin says hugging Jungkook tightly.

Jungkook smiles before pecking Jimin’s lips.

“Can you miss University today?” Jungkook asks.

“I already told you,” Jimin sighs. “I have a presentation”

“Fine, but you aren’t going to the diner right?” Jungkook asks.

“No,”

“Well then I am picking you up from Uni,” Jungkook says. “We have a great surprise planned for you”

“Jungkook I told you not to spend too much…,”

“It’s all Taehyung,” Jungkook says. “He planned all of it”

Jimin sighs.

Jungkook kisses Jimin.

“Come on you turn 21 only once and we gotta celebrate,” Jungkook says.

“We turn all ages once,” Jimin says.

“You know that’s not the point,” Jungkook says.

Jimin doesn’t say anything.

“Everyone is really excited for your birthday,” Jungkook says. “Try to be happy about it in front of them”

“Fine,”

Jungkook smiles a little.

“I love you,”

“Love you too,” Jimin says.

Jungkook nods with a grin and kisses Jimin again.

 

 

“Hey Jungkook,” Jimin says. “Do you think we can stop at the nursing home before going to Yoongi House? I really wanna see my mother.”

“Of course Jimin,” Jungkook says. “Also I think Taehyung can do with a little extra time”

“I am really scared of what he is planning”

“Nothing too extravagant,” Jungkook assures. “I told him you didn’t want too much money spent”

Jimin sighs in relief making Jungkook laugh.

Jungkook drives to the nursing home and they reach there in half an hour.

Jimin gets off of the truck.

“Should I come with you?” Jungkook asks.

“Sure, if you want to,”

Jungkook immediately gets off the truck and holds Jimin’s hand.

They walk to Jimin’s mother room and see a nurse checking up on her. The nurse gives them a smile before leaving the room closing it behind her.

Jimin sits on the bedside and Jungkook sits on the little chair.

“Hey mother,” Jimin says kissing his mother’s hand.

He gently places it back on the bed.

“It’s my birthday today,” Jimin says. “I am 21 today”

“I miss you,” he continues. “It’s been 5 years since we celebrated my birthday together”

Jimin feels himself tearing up but he quickly wipes his eyes with the back of his hand.

“I miss that little fruit cake that you would buy for me,” Jimin says with a chuckle. “It was so delicious”

“I will be celebrating with Jungkook today,” Jimin says.

Jimin watches his mother and every breath is a laborious task.

“I wish you could be there too,” Jimin says. “Next time for sure”

Jimin suddenly feels Jungkook’s hands around his shoulder.

“Mrs. Park I will make sure Jimin has the best time in the world,” Jungkook says in a cheerful tone. “And you are always welcome too”

Jimin smiles at Jungkook and Jungkook kisses his forehead.

“I’ll see you later mother,” Jimin says.

Jimin stands up and kisses his mother’s forehead.

“Bye Mrs. Park,” Jungkook says.

They leave the nursing home their hands still entwined into each others’.

“So, are you ready for the party?” Jungkook asks.

Jimin sighs making Jungkook laugh.

When they finally arrive at Yoongi’s house Jimin is surprised to find that it’s very quiet. Jungkook knocks twice and the door opens immediately with an excited Taehyung hugging Jimin and almost making him fall over.

“Happy Birthday Jimin,” Taehyung says with a grin.

“Come on in,” he says dragging Jimin inside and Jimin looks at Jungkook for help while Jungkook has an amused look on his face.

Hoseok joins them hugging Jimin tightly and screaming ‘Happy Birthday’ in his ear.

Yoongi shakes Jimin’s hand with a grin and a polite ‘Happy Birthday’

“Thank you,” Jimin says with a smile.

Taehyung who had seemingly disappeared for sometime reappeared from the kitchen with a huge cake.

Taehyung set in on the table and then lit the candles and Jimin could feel himself turning red in the face when they start singing Happy Birthday.

He is grateful when they finally stop and Jimin cuts the cake and feeds a piece to Jungkook and Jungkook eats it immediately kissing him afterward for a bit too long.

Jimin proceeds to feed all of them cake as well and they are finally done.

“Sorry Jimin,” Taehyung says. “We can’t celebrate here. The neighbors threw a fit after Kookie’s birthday and if we are too noisy this time they will probably call the cops or some ”

“That’s fine guys, this was amazing,” Jimin says. “I loved it, thanks for everything guys”

“Are you kidding?” Taehyung asks. “We are going straight to a club where everyone is waiting for you”

“What?” Jimin asks horrified.

“Come on now, it’s your party so you have to be there,” Taehyung says. “No excuses”

Jimin looks at Jungkook pleading for him to do something and Jungkook just shrugs.

“We are going,” Taehyung says with a firm voice and Jimin sighs deeply.

“You are doing this more for yourself than Jimin,” Jungkook says. “You just need an excuse to party”

“That’s an absolute lie,” Taehyung says.

“Sure,”

Jimin who is fuming now gets into Jungkook’s truck waiting for him to come.

Jungkook soon comes and gets in before starting the truck. He glances over at Jimin.

“Everything okay?”

‘I thought it was gonna be simple,” Jimin says.

“It’s all them,” Jungkook says. “Trust me”

Jimin sighs.

“I mean I can take you back home if you want to,” Jungkook says.

“You will do that?” Jimin asks surprised.

“I would but I don’t want Taehyung to kill me,” Jungkook says.

Jimin rolls his eyes.

“Come on Jimin,” Jungkook says taking Jimin’s hand in his. “It’s only a one-time thing”

Jimin doesn’t say anything.

“It can’t be too bad,” Jungkook says.

Jimin hopes it won’t be.

When they finally reach the club Jimin sees Taehyung, Hoseok, and Yoongi already waiting for them.

“Come on Jimin hurry,” Taehyung says. “Everyone is waiting for you”

Jimin is dragged by Taehyung into the club and there is a huge crowd of people.

“Everybody the birthday boy is here,” Taehyung screams and Jimin feels himself being embarrassed after everyone cheers.

“Let the party begin,” Jungkook yells a little too loudly and Jimin finally manages to get himself out of the tight grip of Taehyung’s hand on his wrist and a bunch of people he knows briefly wish him a happy birthday.

“Hey Jimin, come here,” Hoseok says.

Jimin is once again dragged to the bar counter.

“Birthday shots,” Taehyung yells.

Jimin almost wants to say no but the wide grin on Taehyung’s face makes him give in.

“All right fine,” Jimin says.

“When Yoongi hyung turned 21 he actually did 21 shots to celebrate and then passed out for the rest of the party,” Taehyung says.

“Not the best of my memories,” Yoongi says.

Jimin chuckles as Taehyung hands him a shot glass.

“Drink up Jiminie,” Hoseok says.

Jimin downs it one go and he almost wants to throw up at the bitter glass but Taehyung hands him another shot. He drinks it and he decides he has had enough when he finishes his fourth shot.

“I am done,” Jimin says.

“Not bad Jimin,” Taehyung says patting Jimin’s back.

Jimin smiles at him.

“Kookie let’s see how much you can do,”

Ji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter