Chapter 17

Leather Jackets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1 week, 7 days, 168 hours, 10,080 minutes.

Jimin has been counting every bit of it, the agony of it all being apart from Jungkook.

It's not like Jimin hasn’t tried to talk to him. Jimin has left hundreds of text messages that are unanswered, calls that are never picked up.

As a desperate attempt Jimin had even gone to Jungkook's flat but it was locked.

Jimin waited around for an hour but left eventually.

He has even cried over Jungkook wondering if he really has ruined the best thing to ever happen to him.

“You know how Jungkook is,” Taehyung had said to him the third-day Jungkook had left. “He has a bit of a temper”

Jimin had just nodded.

“He’ll be back sooner than you think,” Taehyung had continued.

How soon was sooner? Jimin had wondered because it wasn’t coming.

The week was torturous almost, waking up every day to a cold empty bed with no Jungkook beside him, his slow snores that would always fill in the silence of the room, and just how beautiful he looked to Jimin in his sleep.

Jimin missed Jungkook's presence in every little thing around the house and it was getting harder each day.

Jimin often wondered how Jungkook was doing. He had been to Yoongi's house once, Jimin had heard from Hoseok.

“He looked okay, yeah,” Hoseok said. “A bit out of it sometimes”

“What was he talking about?” Jimin had asked.

“Business, mostly,” Hoseok answered. “Is everything okay between you two?”

“Yeah, yeah, everything’s fine...just a little bit of fight,” Jimin had answered. “No big deal”

Hoseok had thankfully let it go after that.

The only thing that provided Jimin with some sort of comfort was that he had visited the Church twice.

Jimin likes talking to the Father. He gets an unexplainable feeling of comfort.

“I can tell that something is bothering you,” he had said the second-day Jimin had visited the Church.

Jimin wished he could tell the Father but he just shook his head no putting on a fake smile.

The Father just gave him a knowing smile.

Even Seokjin was no stranger to the change in Jimin's behaviour even though he didn’t say anything about it.

Jimin was particularly grateful for it because he felt guilty holding back so much to Seokjin who was always so concerned for him.

Jimin also went to visit his mother’s grave taking yellow tulips with him.

He just sat there for a long time.

“You know I've started going to Church again,” he said as he was about to leave. “I think that would have made you very happy”

Jimin stood up leaving and the caretaker of the grave smiled at him.

Jimin just smiled back at him.

 

 

 

It's the eighth day since Jungkook had left.

Jimin is sitting at the bus stop waiting for the damn bus to show up but it doesn’t. He is listening to Nirvana, ‘Lithium’ one of Jungkook’s favourite songs and unsurprisingly Jimin’s mind strays to Jungkook and before he knows it he is walking to Jungkook’s house ignoring the bus that had finally shown up after a good 30 minutes.

It’s a long walk and it’s quite late when Jimin finally reaches to his flat knocking on the door twice.

The door opens and there Jungkook is, his black hair a mess, he is wearing a pair of T-shirt and shorts. Jimin feels happy as he sees Jungkook finally in so long.

“Jungkook,” he says.

Jungkook doesn’t look as glad to see Jimin.

“Why are you here?” he asks his voice icy.

“I...just wanted to see you,” Jimin says his voice on edge.

Jungkook doesn’t say anything.

“I miss you,” Jimin says his voice weak.

Jungkook is still silent.

“Why don’t you say something?” Jimin finally asks.

“Jimin I’d rather you weren’t here right now,” Jungkook says.

“Why are you saying that?”

“I want to be alone,”

“Jungkook please...,”

“What part of alone do you not understand Jimin?” Jungkook snaps and for a second Jimin sees regret flashing in his eyes before he is back to his cold demeanour.

Jimin decides to let go. He walks away and hears the door slam shut. He feels tears trickle down his cheek as he walks back home.

 

 

It’s the fifteenth day today.

Jimin sits in the Church. It’s late in the night but unsurprisingly Jimin doesn’t want to go back home, where an empty bed awaits him and a worrisome Taehyung.

Jimin wants to be away from all of that so he is here instead.

The Father finally comes out a smile spreading across his face as he notices Jimin.

“Ah, you’re here,” he says.

Jimin only smiles.

“It’s quite late in the night,” the Father mentions casually taking a seat next to Jimin.

“Is it?” Jimin asks.

“Yes, almost 10:30 pm,”

“Oh,” Jimin casually says like he hadn’t been avoiding going home.

“It’s okay,” the Father smiles. “When you’re with the lord you don’t realize how fast time goes by”

“Yes,”

“I think you should head home now son,” he says. “Get some rest”

Jimin nods.

“Goodbye Father,” he says as he stands up.

The Father stands up too now smiling placing a hand on Jimin’s shoulder.

“Whatever it is that you’re going through right now I hope the lord helps you find a way,” he says. “God bless you”

It is strange like the father knows how much Jimin is suffering.

“Th...thank you, Father,” he says.

The Father smiles again and Jimin smiles back before he turns around to leave the Church.

It’s a chilly night and Jimin’s jacket provides little comfort. The streets are empty except for the odd food cart here and there and some car zooming by on the road. Jimin decides to walk to the bus stop.

It’s a pretty distant walk from the church to the bus stop but Jimin doesn’t feel like he is any kind of hurry to get home where falling asleep is so hard and everything reminds him of Jungkook so much.

Another car is driving past Jimin, a lone car in the road much slower almost matching Jimin’s pace of walking. It must be coming to a stop Jimin thinks as he keeps walking when he notices that the car is not stopping instead just driving at the same pace as Jimin walking.

Jimin decides to take a quick glance for once but he sees nothing through the tinted windows and the panic of being robbed or something worse settles in as he starts walking faster his grip tightening around the straps of his backpack.

Practically, Jimin doesn’t think he can outrun a car but he just wants to find some open store or a food cart where he could hide until they go away.

But he has no luck. Jimin is almost running now deciding to look back again and notices that the car has stopped finally reasonably far from Jimin. Maybe Jimin was over thinking...

Jimin slows down now, catching his breath but he is still walking when he hears a pair of footsteps fast approaching towards him. Before Jimin can even react a strong pair of hands are gripping him from behind.

Jimin’s first instinct is to scream but he someone duct tapes his mouth as he is practically dragged to the car that is still parked on the road.

Jimin trashes his arms around hoping to cause as much commotion as possible so that someone will notice...

“This little er...,” he hears a voice from his side.

The next second a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter