Chapter 11

Leather Jackets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is raining. It’s in fact pouring but Jimin sits under the pouring rain drenched.

He has lost count of how many hours he has been here but it's dark now.

It feels surreal and a part of him still hopes he would wake up and all of it is a dream.

It can’t be real, it just can’t be…

“Son,” he hears a voice breaking the train of his thoughts. Jimin looks up and sees an old man looking at him with a concerned expression.

“I am the caretaker of the grave,” he says. “I usually close this time”

“Oh,” Jimin says realizing that he has to leave now.

The man moves as Jimin stands up and starts walking away at a rapid pace.

Jimin gets into a bus to home and he receives stares at his soaked state but Jimin sits in the back ignoring everyone.

When he reaches his house he changes his clothes and sits on the living room couch staring into the space.

He would cry but he has run out of all tears.

He would scream but he has no strength left.

Jimin suddenly stands up and takes the lone picture of him and his mother on the mantelpiece. Jimin was only 8 then and he remembers distinctly the day his mother had bought him a new pair of clothes and combed his hair so they could go and get their photo taken.

Jimin is smiling sitting on his mother’s lap grinning and his mother has a wide smile on her face. She looks younger, fresher and beautiful as always.

Jimin hugs the photo and the tears start slipping. To think that he only has one picture of him and his mother to look at is sad. He wishes that there were more pictures of her and even more than that he wishes she was her e.

But she is gone and she is never coming back.

Last night Jimin had lost the only hope he had left in life. He wanted to believe that the hospital had gotten something wrong but when he finally reached there the reality hit him hard.

His mother was laying there her chest still her skin looked dead the life out of her and Jimin had given up being strong. He collapsed on the ground crying and screaming and he doesn’t know who it was pulled him back from the room.

There were still formalities the hospital had to and once it was done Jimin was supposed to arrange the funeral.

No one was there at the funeral except for two nurses who offered their condolences to Jimin but Jimin didn’t even respond.

They left and Jimin cried alone while the father prayed for his mother’s soul to be in peace.

Then he was all alone watching his mom’s fresh grave and he stayed there for hours until he was told to leave.

Jimin is alone now.

He wants to die. What is the point of him being alive anyway? He has no one in the world? No one to live for, he is better off dead.

Jimin returns to the couch hugging the photo as he falls asleep.

 

 

Jimin walks in the diner and Seokjin looks at him surprised before he hugs him.

“Jimin,” he says. “Where have you been?”

“I…,” Jimin opens his mouth but no words come out. He hasn’t talked to anyone ever since it happened. He has been staying in the house not bothering to go to Uni or the diner. When he woke up today he had just enough money to afford the fare to come to the diner so here he was.

“Jimin, say something,” Seokjin says.

Jimin begins crying. He is being weak but he cries anyway his head on Seokjin’s shoulder who gently pats his back.

“Jimin, ssh, everything is gonna be okay,” Seokjin says.

But he is lying, nothing will ever be okay.

Seokjin gently moves Jimin’s head from his shoulder and makes him sit down.

“Tell me what is it,” he says.

Jimin stays silent.

“Jimin, talk to me,”

“My mother,” Jimin says.

“What happened to her?” Seokjin asks.

“She is dead,” Jimin says and he has never admitted it out loud and the reality sinks in further.

Seokjin’s eyes widen.

“I am so sorry,” Jimin he says hugging Jimin.

“How did this happen?” he asks. “Was she ill?”

Jimin realizes how he has never even mentioned about his mother’s condition to anyone and Seokjin whom he considers himself quite close to doesn’t have the slightest idea about his life.

Everyone except one person.

“She was in a coma,” Jimin says.

“Oh Jimin,” Seokjin says hugging him again. “I am so sorry”

Jimin smiles a little.

“It’s okay hyung,”

“Do you need some more time off?” Seokjin asks. “I can get temporary help around here…”

“No hyung, it’s okay,” Jimin says. “I had a week it’s okay,”

Seokjin nods giving his shoulder squeeze.

“You have any problems you can come to me okay,” Seokjin says and Jimin nods.

“I should get to work now hyung,” Jimin says when he sees Hoseok looking at them with a concerned expression on his face.

“I didn’t mean to eavesdrop,” Hoseok begins. “But I am very sorry Jimin”

Jimin nods as Hoseok hugs him.

“It’s gonna be okay Jimin,” he says.

“Thanks,” Jimin says.

Jimin gets to work and for once his head is clear. It’s better to here than home where his mother clouds all of his thoughts.

When his shift ends Seokjin calls him to the side and s some money into his hand.

“Hyung….,” Jimin begins to protest.

“You need it Jimin,” Seokjin says. “Please take it”

Jimin doesn’t protest.

 

 

Things are going fine.

It’s been two weeks. Jimin is back to University and doesn’t miss a day at the diner. He smiles at the customers. He talks to Hoseok and Seokjin.

Things are okay.

Jimin is on his way back to home after University. The diner is shut today because Seokjin took a day off for his parents visiting.

“Jimin,” Jimin hears a voice.

Jimin looks back to see Taehyung smiling at him and waving.

“Taehyung,”

Taehyung comes to Jimin and hugs him.

“I missed you,” he says.

“I missed you too,” Jimin says.

“I heard about your mother,” Taehyung says. “I am sorry I couldn’t visit I was at Daegu for a while”

“Oh it’s okay,” Jimin says.

“I am sorry about what happened,” Taehyung says.

“It’s okay,” Jimin says again.

Taehyung smiles.

“Why were you at Daegu?” Jimin asks.

“My parents live there,” Taehyung says. “Thought I would visit them”

“Oh,” Jimin says.

“Let’s sit somewhere,” Taehyung says. “I wanna catch up with you if you have time”

“Sure,”

They find a riverside to sit and there is nobody around.

“So, how did it happen?” Taehyung asks.

“A cardiac arrest,” Jimin says. “And just like that she was gone”

“Oh,”

“Of course the doctors were giving me warnings before but I never wanted to believe. I thought if she had lived this long she could manage”

Taehyung gives Jimin’s hand a squeeze.

“I wish I could have saved her”

“There is nothing you could do,” Taehyung says. “You already did everything you could”

Jimin nods.

“You are a great son Jimin,” Taehyung says. “She couldn’t have had someone better”

Jimin smiles a little.

“Thank you for saying that,” Jimin says.

Taehyung smiles back.

“Anyway, how are things with Hoseok?” Jimin asks.

“He moved in with us,”

“Oh that’s nice,” Jimin says.

Taehyung snorts.

“What?” Hoseok asks. “Aren’t you happy?”

“I don’t know,” Taehyung says.

“Huh,”

“I just feel so alone,” Taehyung says.

“What do you mean?”

“Hoseok Yoongi hyung and I are in some weird kind of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter