Chapter 16

Leather Jackets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It doesn’t sound real, the words from the other end of the phone.

“Jungkook is in jail,”

Jimin thinks he is hearing things, no he is sure he is hearing things that aren’t true.

Because this cannot be real.

“Jimin,” Jimin hears a voice. He isn’t sure where it’s coming from. It's soft and cautious.

Jimin doesn’t respond however the phone still pressed to his ear. Hoseok is saying something; Jimin, however, cannot comprehend the words that he is hearing on the other end.

“Jimin,”

It's Taehyung calling out to him, Jimin is sure.

Seconds later Jimin feels the phone being practically snatched out of his hand. He watches Taehyung press it against his hear talking fast and loud and Jimin slowly watches the colour drain from Taehyung’s face.

He hangs up sometime later and looks at Jimin, his face devoid of any expression when he touches Jimin's shoulder.

“It's gonna be okay Jimin,” he says. “Jungkook's gonna be okay”    

They are nothing but empty words of comfort. Taehyung knows it too. Jimin, however, doesn’t respond.

“Hoseok told me the address...Jimin we should go,” Taehyung says his voice gentle

Jimin only nods as he starts moving and he is out of the door. Taehyung locks the door for him and stops a taxi for them as they reach the road while Jimin is preoccupied with his thoughts.

Most of the thoughts don’t make much sense to him.

Jimin is scared, to say the least. The fear of something happening to Jungkook always lurked but suddenly it’s a reality that is facing him looking him right in the eye.

Jimin finds himself praying. He doesn’t remember the last time he prayed.

Growing up, Jimin went to church every Sunday with his mother. His mother was very religious and raised Jimin just like that. Though Jimin never saw god in the same light as his mother or the people of the church.

That’s why when his mother went into a coma he never went to the Church. Jimin liked to think that it was because he had gotten a lot busier but now he realizes he never actually saw god in that light or even believed in the existence of an almighty.

Yet, now he finds himself his eyes closed praying to any god that is willing to listen to his desperate pleas of keeping Jungkook safe. It’s as if praying to god is his last hope.

“Jimin,” he hears Taehyung’s voice.

Jimin doesn’t even realize how long he had been sitting like that eyes closed, hands crossed as he looks out to see the police station.

Jimin feels a cold shiver run down his spine as he steps out of the taxi while Taehyung pays the driver. Jimin grabs hold of Taehyung’s arm in an attempt to keep himself steady as they walk into the police station.

Jimin spots Hoseok immediately sitting on one of the chairs looking tense.

“Hoseok,” Jimin rushes to him.

Hoseok notices Jimin’s presence standing up and hugs Jimin.

“Jung...Jungkook,” Jimin begins. His voice sounds on edge and weak.

“Jimin...it’s...,” Hoseok says.

“Your friends are great kid,” Jimin hears a loud voice. “Or else you wouldn’t have gotten a bail at this hour”

Jimin looks to see Jungkook being escorted out of the cell by two police officers by his side. Jungkook looks rough, sporting a black eye, a deep gash on his left cheek, a split lip that is still bleeding his hands are tied behind his handcuff.

Jungkook is looking at the police officer with a cold glare on his face.

“You think you are some hot picking fights,” the police officer says. “Pull this one more time and I’ll make sure you go to prison”

Jungkook doesn’t answer.

“Officer, I apologize,” Jimin sees Yoongi sitting in front of the police officer. “He won’t do anything like this again”

The police officer nods.

“Take his handcuffs off,”

The police officers do as they are told and Jungkook immediately moves away from them and finally takes notice of Jimin’s presence in the room.

His expression turns into a much softer one.

“Jimin,” he says rushing to him before he hugs him.

Jimin doesn’t say anything just hugging him back. He is so glad that Jungkook is safe, right in his arms.

“Let’s get out of here yeah,” Jungkook says.

Jimin nods breaking away from the hug as they all leave the police station together.

“Jungkook, what the ?”

It’s Taehyung. He looks furious glaring at Jungkook.

“I thought you quit this ,” Taehyung says.

“Hyung listen,” Jungkook begins.

“Listen to what?” Taehyung asks. “How long are you gonna keep doing this ?”

Jungkook doesn’t say anything.

“You know that Yoongi hyung isn’t always gonna be there to save you,” Taehyung says.

No one says anything as Taehyung chuckles humourlessly before turning around to leave.

“Take care Jungkook and Jimin,” Hoseok says. “We are gonna head home, yeah”

Jimin nods watching Yoongi leave with Hoseok.

“You wanna go back to mine instead?” Jungkook asks.

Jimin only nods.

 

 

 

“Excuse me...the coffee,”

Jimin looks down at the overflowing coffee from the mug dripping down slowly on the floor.

“Oh my...I'm sorry,” Jimin says immediately setting down the coffee pot. “I'll clean it up”

He bows at the couple dining and rushes in the back to the grab a mop and cloth. He cleans the floor and wipes the floor before apologizing again.

Jimin notices Seokjin watching him concerned and he is not surprised when Seokjin corners at the end of his shift.

“What is it Jimin?” he asks.

“Nothing hyung...,” Jimin begins.

“You have been working here for a long time,” Seokjin says. “I know you well”

Jimin sighs.

“Did something happen Jimin?” Seokjin asks.

Jimin doesn’t say anything.

“Something with Jungkook?”

Jimin almost wants to confide in Seokjin and as much as he trusts Seokjin he knows that he has to stay silent. He can’t risk Jungkook's safety.

Jimin just shakes his head no.

“I'm fi...fine hyung,” Jimin says mustering a small smile.

“I can tell when you’re not fine...,” Seokjin says. “It’s okay if you don’t want to tell me but please take care Jimin”

Seokjin smiles a little before turning around to leave.

“Hy...hyung,” Jimin calls out.

“Yeah,”

“What if...someone you love isn’t a good person...what do you then?” he asks. “What if they do things that are bad...but you love them....?”

Seokjin looks deep in thought for a second.

“What is more important? Your Morals? Or Your Love?”

Jimin doesn’t have an answer.

 

 

 

Jimin doesn’t remember the last time he had been surrounded by the familiar walls of the Church. The Tiffany glass reflecting a bit of sunshine, the empty rows of wooden benches they all remain the same reminding Jimin of simpler times, happier times of his childhood with his mother.

Jimin feels an unexplainable sense of comfort. It reminds him of when he used to come to the same church with his mother. His mother was a busy woman working late hours every day. Sundays were the best, however. Jimin got to spend time with his mother. Church and ice cream on the way back home and in the evenings she would tell him stories from her childhood while Jimin would be lying on her lap.

A smile spreads across Jimin’s face as hell remembers those days. He sits down in the front looking at the altar. He didn’t have any particular reason to come here. But he is glad he did. He feels at peace strangely after a whole week of thoughts keeping him up all night.

“I think...I've seen you somewhere,” Jimin hears a voice.

Jimin looks to see The Father making his way towards him.

“I um I used to come here,” Jimin says. “I even performed in the choir once or twice”

“Park Jimin?”

Jimin nods.

“Ah, now I remember you are Yura's son aren’t you?”

Jimin nods again.

“I haven’t seen your mother come here in years,” the Father speaks with a sigh.

“She...passed away,”

The Father's eyes widen.

“May her soul rest in peace,” he says making a cross with his hands.

Jimin lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter