Ch. 5

We Are Teens

 

Chaeyoung's POV

 

Its been 3 days since I confessed to Jennifer and I've been avoiding her like the plague. She's been trying to approach me but I'm afraid of the pending rejection so I always run away. Gawd why am I even torturing myself like this.  I told Dahyun and Tzuyu about that night and they think that I'm being ridiculous for avoiding my best friend of 10 years. For the past few days I've been eating in the classroom with Yeri, Doyeon and Yoojung to avoid her.

"Chaeyoung-ssi, Jennifer unnie is here to see you," I heard our class rep call me.

My body froze in my seat thinking about if I should make a run for it. I felt my heart drop into my stomach if that's even possible. I turned my head towards the doorway where she was standing flashing me a small smile. I stared at her not moving out of my seat that is until Yeri pushed me to stand up.

"Go, Jen unnie is waiting for you," she whispered as I shot her glare.

Yeri knows about my crush on Jennifer but she has no clue about the incident this past weekend. I walked over to the doorway feeling my heart pound out of my chest as I got closer to her.

"Hey, can we talk? In private?" Jen asked looking at me.

I nodded my head and followed her inside the library to the most secluded area in the back corner.

"You've been avoiding me," she started.

"Why? I mean I understand why but why? Wait, that made no sense," she said almost talking to herself.

She placed her hand on her head as if trying to make her thoughts come out more coherent.

"Chaeng you're my best friend and I really care about you," she said looking at me sincerely.

I felt my heart crack and a tear already starting to form. Oh great here comes the rejection. When she was about to continue speaking Nayeon sunbae rounded the corner and hugged Jennifer. Now she's here.

"Hey donsaeng-ah!" sunbaenim exclaimed holding Jen tighter.

"Hey Nayeon unnie," Jen said smiling at her.

"What are you doing back here?" she asked nuzzling her head into Jen's shoulder.

Do they not see me? I'm right here!

"Unnie you remember Chaeyoung, were talking right now." Jen answered looking down at Nayeon sunbae since she was a little taller than her.

So you haven't forgotten my existence.

"Oh good afternoon, sorry I didn't see you there. I was so focused on her since I haven't seen her in awhile," she greeted while poking Jennifer's cheek.

"Unnie can we talk later? Chaeng and I have something really important to talk about," she said as sunbae held onto her tighter.

My blood started to boil and my heart was breaking because of the sight in front of me.

"It's ok sunbaenim, you can keep her. We obviously have nothing to talk about anymore," I said before storming off wiping a tear from my eye.

Stupid Jennifer! You dare hug her in front of me when I'm hurting! !  I walked out of the library heading towards the nurses office to sleep through my last 3 classes. I just want to avoid the world right now. I opened the door to the nurses office and told the nurse I wasn't feeling well. I went to the last bed and closed the curtain before laying down.

***End of School Day***

"Chaengie," I heard my name being called and someone was shaking my body.

I opened my eyes and saw Dahyun, Tzuyu and Jennifer looking at me. I immediately sat up looking at my phone. Classes are over. my backpack. As I was getting up Tzuyu handed me my backpack.

"All set, let's head home," Dahyun smiled and headed out the door followed by Tzuyu.

The walk home was as usual but it didn't feel the same to me. Tzuyu and Dahyun went their separate ways after awhile leaving me alone with Jennifer. This is going to be awkward as hell.  

"Chaeyoung, can we finish our talk?" she asked as we walked.

"S-sure," I kicked myself for stuttering.

I followed her into the park that we always pass just before we got into our neighborhood.

"When you confessed to me I didn't really know how to react because it's never really crossed my mind that you could like me. You have all the qualities I want in a girlfriend," she explained.

"But you don't like me, right?" my voice cracked.

"Chaeng your my best friend and I love you to pieces. I don't want to mess up that relationship," Jen said sitting down on the swings.

I looked down at my hands biting my lip to stop the tears.

"S-so you're rejecting me," I said not looking up.

"I have to because if I accept your love then I fear I may end up hurting you," her voice was calm and soothing to the point that it made my tears fall.

"Unnie I don't mind the pain as long as I can call you mine nothing else matters to me," I sobbed into my hand covering my face.

"Chaeng I don't want to hurt you," her voice raised making me wince.

That only made it worse because she was hurting me by rejecting me. The irony of it all.

"Look at me," she said softly now kneeling in front of me.

"Let's give it a go for a few months," she said making me look at her skeptically.

"I at least want to try to love you like you love me but I fear this might make it worse..." she moved my hand from my face.

"Jjinja? A-are you just messing with me?" I asked sniffling and wiping my eyes with my other hand.

"I'm serious, Chae. I hate seeing you cry," she gave me a small smile.

I stared into her chocolate orbs making my heart swoon. I leaned down and kissed the lips I've been dying to taste for 3 years.

I think my heart might hurt more later on but right now I really don't care.

 

Please comment and subcribe how you feel about the story so far

**Just a short update until my final exams are over until next time :]