Ch.2

We Are Teens

Your POV

"Jennifer, your going to be late if you don't wake up now," my mom shook me awake.

I lazily opened my eyes and rolled out of bed literally. My body became accustomed to the cool wood flooring as I slowly drifted back to sleep. Five more minutes isn't going to kill me.

"Jen! Get up your late for school!" mom shouted making me jump up.

I quickly ran to the bathroom to wash up and get ready for the day.

I quickly put on my uniform but I didn't put on the navy blue jacket yet. I'll hold this while I run to school. Mom already left for work, damn.

I locked the house up and as I was about to start my sprint I heard someone shout, "You're late for school too?"

I quickly whipped my head in the direction of Nayeon's voice. I haven't seen her for a couple of weeks.

"Yeah, my five more minutes turned into an hour," I said rubbing my head.

She let out the most adorable laugh that rang in my ears.

"C'mon we can be late together." she said smiling.

"Should we run?" I asked walking next to her.

"Nope, let's just walk. We're late anyway, why waste our energy," Nayeon answered making me laugh.

A pout played on her lips as she crossed her arms.

"What's so funny?" she questioned.

"I was laughing at your laziness, sunbaenim." I stated with a smile which made her pout more.

Reminds me of a bunny.

"Yah, you shouldn't laugh at your elders." she said trying to be assertive.

I laughed more at her comment which made her stop and look at me.

"I'm being serious here." she commented with her arms still crossed.

"Sorry sunbaenim, your just so adorable," I commented while catching my breath from laughing so hard.

She stood there still upset that I didn't take her seriously. Then I saw her let out a few tears while staring at something behind me. I turned around and saw a couple making out by the convenience store.

I heard her say softly, "That cheating son of a ."

Then it connected in my head, that's her boyfriend with another girl. In a fit of rage she marched over to them. Oh damn.

Nayeon pushed him away from the girl and shouted, "How could you do this to me?!" The blonde headed boy dusted off his shirt.

"Nayeon, it's just not working out. You won't let me sleep with you. So naturally I have to get from someone else." he said in a matter of fact tone.

"Baby who's she?" the girl he has with asked.

"No one Jungie-ah" the said holding the girls hand.

"I'm no one to you now just caues I didn't give you what you wanted!" Nayeon shouted tears spilling down her cheeks.

Sunbaenim.

"Leave me alone! I've had my fun with you it's over now." blondie said bitterly.

This guy is a total .

"Sunbaenim, c'mon let's get going." I said grabbing her wrist and pulling her with me.

We got to the neighborhoods recreational center when I stopped and hugged her. She sobbed into my chest since I was taller than her. I lightly patted her back and just let her cry it all out. I doubt she wants to go to school now. When her crying finally stopped she looked up at me.

"Thank you Jennifer-ssi," her voice was weak.

She looked like she was going to break just like when I found her that day.

"No problem sunbae," I replied reassuringly.

She sniffled a bit and her cheeks were stained. I handed her a handkerchief out of my backpack. She wiped her eyes.

"Sorry you had to see me like this. I must of looked ridiculous." Nayeon said looking down at her hands.

"No that guy was an . Sunbae if he makes you cry again tell me and I'll beat the crap out of him," I said with determination.

She laughed at my statement and nodded her head.

"C'mon lets go," she said with a smile as she pulled me towards the school.

******

After standing in the hall for 2 class periods with my hands up for being late, it was finally lunch time.

"Why were you so late?" Dahyun asked as she sat down at out regular lunch table.

"I couldn't wake up. My five minutes turned into an hour," I laughed at my explanation.

"I knew I should've stopped by your house to wake you, unnie," Chaeyoung said biting into her sandwich.

I pinched her cheeks, "I appreciate the sentiment my baby tiger."

"I'm not a baby nor am I a tiger." Chaeyoung said looking at me.

"The lies. You tried to bite me yesterday like a tiger and your small. Equals a baby tiger," I stated making eveyone laugh but Chae.

"Unnie!" she shouted shocked and glared at me.

Chae pouted and looked away from me. Aww baby tiger is mad. Adorable.

"So Hyunnie what did I miss in class?" I asked while patting Chaeyoung's head.

"Not much but I'll give you my notes. By the way I got a message from Mrs.Kim that said our club activities are gonna be postponed till next week." She answered sipping on her juice.

I wonder why?

"Bye unnies," Tzuyu said disappearing into her classroom.

Next we dropped off Chaeyoung who was still peeved that I called her baby tiger. She waved bye to Dahyun but glared at me.

"Is that anyway to treat your elders Chaeyoung-ssi?" I asked formally.

"Yes," she answered quickly.

"And here I was going to ask you if you wanted to come over for dinner. Guess I gotta ask someone else." I said in a fake hurt tone.

I glanced at Dahuyn and as if on cue she said, "Ask Naeyeon sunbae, I'm sure she'll be happy to go instead."

"Where am I going?" I heard a voice pipe up behind us.

She sure loves to pop up on people doesn't she.

"Sunbae, we were just messing with Chaeyoung." Dahyun was quick to answer.

Good job Dahyun-ah.

"I was messing with her saying basically if she doesn't behave I was going to ask you to dinner instead," I found words to say.

She looked at all three of us and said with a smile, "I'd love to eat dinner with you, if you'd still like to."

I was puzzled and my heart skipped. That was weird.

"Yeah I'd like to how about tomarrow since it's the weekend?" I asked.

"Sounds good, I'll see you then. Have a good day." Nayeon said as she walked away from us.

"Jennifer unnie what the hell was that?" Chaeyoung asked anger in her tone.

"I think I'm hanging out with sunbaenim tomorrow," I said still wondering what just happened.

"I see you Jen. You have two dates back to back. Don't break any hearts now," Dahyun said playfully nudging me.

"Whatever," Chaeyoung said disappearing into her class room.

Classes were finally over and it was time to feed my belly again. The three of us waited by Tzuyu's class for her to gather her things. We walked and talked as each of us branched off onto different streets to go home. It was just me and Chaeyoung left since we lived on the same street. We were just 6 houses away from each other. I noticed Chae hasn't said a thing since we left the school.

"Chae, what's wrong?" I asked concerned.

"Nothing. I'm just tired." she answered in a shirt response.

We got to my house and she said, "Later unnie."

Something's definitely bothering her. I could tell something was wrong. I grabbed her hand and pulled her inside my house and brought her upstairs to my room. I plopped her down on my bed.

"Unnie what are you doing?" she questioned.

"Tell me what's wrong? You've been looking down ever since lunch." I asked pulling my desk chair in front of her.

"I don't know. My heart hurts. I don't know why but it hurts!" she shouted but her voice cracked.

She immediately ducked her head down to hide her face. Her body lightly shook. I knew she was crying. I don't know why she was crying. I could tell she didn't know why either so I just hugged her.

*****
"Can you pass me that pillow behind you?" Chaeyoung asked stretching her hand out.

I reached for the black and purple pillow and handed it to her. I ened up at Chae's house after her crying sesh at my house. Since her parent's are out of town for the weekend I've decided to stay over and keep her company. Were currently lazing around in her room watching k-drama.

"Wanna order pizza?" I asked after hearing her tummy rumble.

I watched her rub her stomach and nod her head.

"Make it a large meat lovers and add cheese sticks," she piped up happily. I ordered the pizza and they said it'll be here in 25 minutes.

After a few minutes Chaeyoung's phone started to ring.

"Hello"
"..."
"Dahyun unnie, what's up?"
"....."
"I'm at home with Jen unnie"
"...."
"I'm safe she's spending the weekend here."
"....."
"I wouldn't do that!"
Her cheeks flushed red. What did Hyunnie say?
"......."
"You're a byuntae unnie!"
"....."
"Fine, don't say something weird"

Chaeyoung put her phone on speaker.

"Jen, so your staying over Youngie's place. Watch out when you sleep" I heard her laugh through the receiver.

"Yah unnie stop saying nonsense!" Chae shouted.

"I know she kicks in her sleep. I've been sleeping over her house since we were little trust me I know." I said laughing.

"That's not what I meant but that too," she laughed again.

Huh?

"Yah unnie!" Chae shouted with her cheek flushed.

"Anyway, I'll let you two be. Anyeong!" the line went dead.

What was crazy Dahyun talking about? When I was about to ask Chae the doorbell rang.

"It's the food!" Chae said happily running down the stairs.

She opened the door and paid the pizza guy. I watched her close the door and head to the kitchen with the food.

 

Chaeyoung's POV

We ate our pizza happily as we watch a few movies on my smart t.v. I was laying next to Jennifer playing with her hands. My eyes were focused on her hand but hers were on the action scene. I looked at her and I could see a faint silhouette outline of her face since it was dark in my room. The only light that was here was the TV. Jen I wonder what would happen to us if I confessed to you? Getting the silly idea out of my head was a must. I don't want to ruin our friendship of 11 years.

"Chae?" I heard her call my name.

I hummed as a response.

"Why are you so close?" she asked.

"What do you mean? I'm always this close to you," I answered confused.

"Do you not want me to be close to you anymore cause you have a thing for Nayeon sunbaenim?" I fired off a question cause I was hurt.

"I don't have a thing for her. It's just that your kinda sitting on me.." she answered as her voice trailed.

I snapped out of my thoughts and saw that I was in fact straddling her waist. I blushed madly and rolled off of her immediately covered my head with the blankets. Oh my gawd! Why'd I have to do that!