Ch. 11

We Are Teens

Nayeon's POV

I stared at my phone for the longest while staring at her name on my screen. I should call her or maybe I shouldn't. I was being so indecisive on whether or not to press the call button. Come on Nayeon it's been a few days you've had time to think and hopefully she has too. Hopefully because she didn't come to our party last weekend most likely avoiding Jungyeon and I. As I stared at her name it popped up as an incoming call. Oh crap I don't think I'm ready for this. I answered the call anyway wanting to hear her voice.

"H-hello?" I bit my lip for stuttering.

"Hey.." Jennifer's tone was awkward much like my own.

"Hey..." I facepalmed feeling my face heat up in embarrassment.

"Unnie...can we meet up?" her tone calm.

"S-sure, where?" I asked nervously.

"Coffee shop down the street. I'm already here, I'll be ith the back booth."

"Okay...I'll see you in a bit." With that I hung up falling back on my bed.

I let out a deep sigh and hopped up from my bed to take a shower and get ready to meet Jennifer. I was now dressed looking at myself in my mirror making sure I looked okay.

"Ohh where are you heading unnie?" Mina asked standing in my doorway making me jump.

"Oh penguin, I'm going to meet up with Jennifer at the coffee shop," I said walking towards her to leave my room.

"Okay that's good. I'm happy that you two are talking again." she smiled.

I noticed she was kind of dressed up and she had on light make up.

"What about you? Your dressed up, heading somewhere with Momo?" I asked looking at her cute outfit.

She nodded her head as Momo came out and hugged her black swan tightly.

"Ready to go Minari?" she asked looking at Mina.

Mina nodded as they waved at me heading out the door. Shortly after a panicky Sana emerged out of her room holding her heels in her hand.

"Why the rush? And your looking cute, got a date?" I asked trying to calm Sana down.

"Yes, Dahyun finally accepted my offer at a date but only if it's a double date." she answered as she put on her heels.

"Sana were late," Jihyo said closing her door walking over to us fully dressed coming out her room.

I guess Sana involved Jihyo in her plans for love.

"You two have fun I'm heading out now." I said exiting the house.

I walked for a bit towards the meeting spot when I finally reached the front door of the coffee shop. Feeling a nervous wreck I went in telling myself to be cool and just relax. I looked around and saw a familiar mop or light brown hair. I walked over to her as she looked up from her phone smiling at me.

"Nayeon unnie," she called my name giving me a small smile.

I smiled shyly at her as I sat down in front of her.

"I ordered us some coffee the barista should bring it over to us shortly. You look nice." she said putting her phone away.

"Thank you. You look really great yourself." I said looking at her outfit.

She smiled at me as the barista set our coffee down in front of us. We sat in awkward silence sipping our drinks and occasionally glancing at each other.

"Unnie can I ask you something?" she asked putting her mug down.

"Uh y-yeah, ofcourse." I said feeling nervous again.

"That night in your room...when you said your hormones took over you..." she started as she traced the rim of her mug.

Here it comes.

"When you kissed me..why did you kiss me?" Jennifer asked looking at me.

My mouth went dry as I swallowed nervously. I opened my mouth and then closed it trying to muster up the courage.

"Jen...I did it because..cause I really like you," I finally said it looking down at my hands in my lap.

It was silent for a few seconds but it felt like an eternity.

"Unnie.." I looked up shaking my head.

"It's okay, I know you don't see me that way. You already have someone in your heart," I smiled sadly at her.

I know you love Chaeyoung and I wish you two well. Her eyes softened looking at me apologetically.

"I'm sorry I can't return your feelings. Unnie your amazing and I'm glad you like me but.." she didn't have to finish her sentence because I knew what she was saying.

I nodded my head as a tear slipped. So this is how direct rejection feels, defiantly hurts more than the indirect rejection a few nights ago.  I wiped my tears and smiled at her.

"Thank you for hearing me out," I smiled at her.

It hurts but it'll pass.

"Let's go," I said standing up.

"Huh? Where are we going?" her tone confused.

"Back to my place, now it time for you to kill the elephant in the room between you and Jeong" I said grabbing her hand and pulling her out the shop.

Your POV

Nayeon dragged me back to her place not listening to my stern disapproval. My words fell upon deaf ears as she pulled me into the house locking the door behind me.

"Unnie, I don't want to talk to her and my mind is made up." I said trying to pry her grip off my arm.

But alas she pulled me to Jeongyeon's room and pushed me inside. I looked at Jeongyeon who turned around from her computer desk, her eyes widening like saucers. I turned around to make a run for it but my face was met with the hard wooden door. I twisted the knob to find out it was sealed. The knob would turn but the door wouldn't budge.

"Nayeon unnie, let me out." I said sternly.

"Not until you two make up!" she shouted through the door.

I sighed and turned back to look at Jeongyeon who was now standing.

"You really must hate me now,huh?" she slightly frowned.

"Not really, I just feel really mad when I see your face." I sighed out.

"Jen..look, I'm sorry. I should of talked to you privately rather than making a scene in the middle of the cafeteria." she apologized.

"Why didn't you?" I asked sternly looking at her.

"I was upset that you made her cry and I was even more upset about why she was crying." her voice was soft.

"People get hurt, get upset and recover and we get hurt again but there was just so many other ways that should've went." my voice softened.

"Unnie I know you like her and she probably likes you back but isn't aware. I've seen the way you two interact and I think you are perfect together. I wouldn't hurt her intentionally and I didn't mean to upset you but that's just how life is sometimes. I forgive you but don't treat me like that again unnie it hurt." I spoke looking at her.

Jeongyeon hugged me nodding her head then ruffled my hair playfully. Soon I heard my phone ringing in my pocket. That's Chae's ringtone. I pulled away from the hug and answered the call.

"Hey" I spoke.

"I miss you" I smiled to myself.

"Then we should fix that then" I heard her giggle through the receiver.

"That's so flirty, Jen" amusement in her voice.

"It's your fault." I smirked.

"It's so isn't. If anything you turn my pure mind into a place where nothing but dirty thoughts linger," I laughed because I pictured her pouting.

"Maybe but that's very unlikely,"

"Just come over, I miss you. We haven't hung out in awhile because of club activities."

"Okay, I'm on my way." I hung up.

I put my phone away and looked at Jeongyeon who was smirking.

"The girlfriend beckons," she smirked.

I laughed nodding my head.

"Unnie we reconciled so let us free!" I shouted through the door.

I heard stuff being moved and finally the door opened.

"Jeong unnie, make sure you catch her before she falls for someone else," I whispered to her making her blush.

"Bye unnie I have been summoned by a cub," I waved smiling and leaving the house.

*******

I knocked on the door as it quickly opened revealing a certain cub smiling at me.

"A small cub has beckoned my arrival," I said stepping inside as she tackles me.

Thank my awesome balance otherwise the floor is the only thing that would've embraced us.

"What took so long when you live 5 houses down?" she asked looking down at me since her legs were around my waist.

"I was over at Nayeon unnies," her smile immediately fell into a frown.

"It's not like that we talked and I turned her down officially she was just helping me and Jeong unnie reconcile." I said clearly so she wouldn't misunderstand.

"Okay. I'm glad you two are okay now," she smiled.

I nodded my head as she brought her head down kissing my lips. The kiss was full of longing and tasted like coffee due to my beverage of choice earlier.

"Where's Mama and Papa Son?" I asked almost forgetting that we were kissing in the middle of the hallway.

"Visiting Grandma for a few days since she told them she wasn't feeling to well. They told me not to come since I need to keep up with my education. I'm used to it by now" she said looking away from me.

"Well at least you'll have me while they're away." I smiled at her.

"Yeah we'll have a sleepover," she said but her eyes said something different.

"Get your mind out of the gutter ma'am." I smirked.

"Like your not thinking about it," she pouted.

"I'm not because I'm a pure minded child," I chuckled.

"You weren't so pure during that night," her voice barely a whisper as she blushed.

I walked us over to the kitchen and set her down on the counter. As I was about to turn to raid the fridge she pulled me back over to her and kissed me. Her kiss was hungry and slightly rough but her lips were soft. She nibbled on my bottom lip, her hands wrapping around my neck pulling me in closer. Chaeyoung pulled away her arms still around my neck with her cheeks flushed smiling at me. This girl is gonna drive me insane. My heart raced looking at her adorable smile. We stayed in that position just staring at eachother. A dorky grin played on my lips until I saw a tear slide down her cheek.

"What's wrong?" I asked cupping her cheek with my hand.

"I-I just don't want this to end. Our three months are almost up and I feel like I've fallen deeper for you," her voice was soft and her eyes teary.

"Chae I'm not going anywhere, I promise." I looked into her eyes but she just looked down.

"I love you, Jen" she didn't look up.

My heart swayed and I felt a surge shoot through me.

"I think I've fallen for you too. Chae do you mind being with me for a longer time period. Does forever work for you," I smiled.

Chae stared at me for a few seconds and started crying her eyes out clinging to me.

"It works for me." she sniffled and cried some more.

Your mine now and I'm not letting you venture off anywhere anytime soon.

 

That's it for this chapter I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

I'll see you next time :)