Chapter 5

❣ Lost Without You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you okay?” He asked as soon as he stepped in, blocking away all of the sounds from outside as he closed the door behind himself softly. It was sweet from him that he asked you about your feelings, that he wanted to know how you were doing. You hated it that his actions were able to make your heart flutter while you knew that they shouldn’t. But you weren’t sure if you could answer him, you were afraid that your voice would tremble if you would speak up, filled with the emotions you didn’t want to give away to him. Though you were sure that he could see that you weren’t fine, it was written all over your face. You tried your hardest to ignore the looks you were getting from outside, how your friends were staring at you as you sat inside of the car with him. They probably didn’t understand what had just happened and their looks were almost too much for you to handle. As if he noticed it Baekhyun started the engine and drove off, your muscles relaxing a little as your friends disappeared out of your sight. God, this whole situation had gotten out of control, and you didn’t even understand how it happened. What had you done wrong to Rachel that she had to do this to you? You couldn’t recall saying something meant to her or doing something you shouldn’t have done. For one reason or another you just couldn’t find a good reason behind all of this. Though you did know that you weren’t just going to let this pass, no, she had crossed the line. Who did she think she was that she could say something like that to you? You leaned your head against the window, staring at the scenery as the car gained speed. Your breath left moisture on the glass so you leaned back, afraid that you were make his car dirty. 

 

It was clear that Baekhyun wasn’t planning to make you talk about it if you didn’t want to, but you could tell that he was curious about what had happened. Just by the way you three had been standing that he could have been able to make up that something had been wrong, even a stranger would have been able to tell. He must have felt extremely awkward at that moment and you couldn’t believe you had put him through that. “I have no idea what happened.” You whispered, staring out of the front window and clinging the seatbelt inside of your hand, replaying everything once again inside of your head. Where had things started to go wrong? “We were talking about going on a holiday, everything was fine. We ate, laughed a little, just like old times. But then Rachel started picking on us, one by one, it was as if once she started she couldn’t stop anymore.” You explained, making him turn his head to face you, only for a brief moment though because he had to focus his look on the road again. It was really nice to be here beside him and you felt safe here in this seat. The warmth inside of the car consumed you and slowly your anger was fading away, changing into sadness. Had you just lost the only people who had ever been standing by your side? They were your best friends, they were the ones you told everything to. What if they no longer wanted to be friends with you after everything that had happened tonight? Just the thought made your heart throb and you could feel Baekhyun looking at you out of the corner of his eyes. “Was she mean to you?” He asked, thinking that was the reason why your expression dropped all of a sudden. 

 

Instead of saying anything you just nodded, you thought it was fair to say that. After all the things she had said to you hadn’t been very nice and you wondered how much of them she had meant. Did she seriously think you were selfish and that you didn’t have a life? Was it that obvious that you liked Baekhyun? How many people knew about it? Maybe he had already figured it out himself, maybe he had already been able to see right through you. Though he didn’t act like that, he was still as nice to you as he had been ever since the beginning, it was all very confusing. “You shouldn’t bother about it too much, I’m sure that everything she said was ridiculous.” He muttered and you felt how your cheeks started to burn because of that. He hadn’t seemed very happy when he had spotted you crying in front of the restaurant earlier. But then again, which guy was happy to see a girl cry, probably not a single one. “She said I was selfish, that I didn’t have a life, that I’m pathetic.” You whispered and you had no idea why you were telling him that, you didn’t mean to. You didn’t want to bother him with your problems, he had already woken up in the middle of the night to come and get you, that was much more than you could have asked for. Rachel was right, he would never like someone like you. He was so sweet and great, always there for everyone, even for you, someone he had only met a few days ago. You didn’t deserve someone like him. The chuckle that came from his side of the car surprised you and you finally turned your head to look at him, sending him an astonished look. Why was he laughing with you? “Are you kidding me __________? Don’t tell me that you actually believe her?” For a short moment his eyes locked with yours, and you blinked your eyes at the look inside of them. It seemed as if he was a little bit frustrated, as if he was a little bit angry. Before you could say anything to that he continued. 

 

“If she says something like that to you then she is the one who is selfish. She didn’t think about your feelings when she said that to you, that she would hurt you if she said those things. Don’t let it get to you, it’s not worth it.” Your breath got stuck inside of your throat as he extended his hand to you, softly patting your knee before pulling away again. Just that small touch was enough to drive you crazy and you couldn’t help but stare at him with big eyes, trying to keep yourself under control. Your skin was burning underneath your jeans but still you shivered. It was so attentive from him to say that, and the supportive pat he had given you meant more to you than words could say. Finally you seemed able to find the words which you had wanted to tell him and you leaned back against the seat with a sigh. “I just don’t get it, why would you say something like that? I mean, I would never even think about saying something to her which would hurt her.” You muttered and you were glad that you were able to have a conversation with him again. Baekhyun was nice to talk to, you felt as if you could tell him anything without being ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter