Chapter 12

❣ Lost Without You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Somehow the two of you had ended up on the couch, sitting beside each other while your other friends were still dancing a little further away. They all seemed to be having so much fun, but you had given up on dancing half an hour ago. Your head was pounding slightly because of the loud beat of the music and to be honest you hadn’t had as much fun as you had hoped you’d have. You had made some talks with Baekhyun’s friends, had danced a little with your friends. Though this part of the evening was probably the best, just sitting next to Baekhyun, here all by yourselves. He had his arm loosely wrapped around your shoulders as he stared at the people in front of him, studying them. You leaned against his side, watched Rachel as she tried to flirt with one of Baekhyun’s friends, who didn’t seem like her type at all. Though you didn’t feel as if you had the right to judge her, besides, if she wanted to do this then it was her own choice. The last thing you wanted was for her to get moody again, so you just let her be. Jill didn’t seem very pleased with the whole situation, but it seemed like Phoebe had been able to convince her to let her be. “Why isn't James here?” You asked, turning your head so that you could speak inside of his ear, trying to make yourself intelligible on top of the loud music. He automatically leaned his head closer to you, wanting to hear what you had to say to him. Though as soon as you brought him up something about his attitude seemed to change a little, which made you frown. Had they got into a fight or something? The last time you had checked everything had been fine between the two of them. Wouldn’t he have told you if there was something wrong? “He’s not really into these kind of things.” He muttered, but didn’t look at you as he talked, a perfect sign to you that he was lying to you. 

 

Why wouldn’t James be into these kind of parties? He liked to hang out with the two ladies who lived down the hall, so you didn’t believe it that he didn’t like to go out from time to time. There was something more to this, but you couldn’t put your finger on it. But then what were you supposed to say about it? Your eyes darted over his face, studying his features that were barely visible in the dimmed lights of the room, but you could see everything you needed to see. You still couldn’t believe that he was sitting so close to you, that he was only a few inches away from you and that you were able to sit here with him like this. So far you had never seen his ex anywhere and you were really happy about that. It would have been so awkward if she had walked in here, looking as beautiful as ever. As if he could feel you were looking at him he finally turned his head to you, he was sitting so close to you that your noses almost bumped against each other. The corners of his lips curled up in one of those wonderful smiles which made your heart beat faster. Even though you weren’t really a person to come to these kind of things very often you wouldn’t mind to sit here with him sometime during the weekend. “Why don’t you go to your friends and dance a little?” He asked, probably afraid that you weren’t having fun while sitting here like this with him. Little did he know that you found this much more relaxing than anything else you had done so far. “Nah, I think I’m good.” You said, bringing up one of your hands and placing it at the side of his face, tracing his jawline down towards his chin while blinking your eyes at him. For now you just wanted him to stop looking at the people around you and to see you, only you. 

 

It seemed to be working though, you felt how the grip he had around you seemed to tighten a little. His eyes gazed into yours and you loved the way that you seemed to have control about this whole situation. Until now he had always been the one who had kissed you, you had never dared to kiss him before. Maybe you had to change that tonight. This was a part of you gaining more confidence, kissing your boyfriend in public where everyone could see it. The way his eyes dropped towards your lips made your heart flutter, knowing that he was thinking about the same thing. Slowly you closed the distance between the two of you, taking your sweet time. The last thing you noticed before you pressed your mouths together was that he was smiling, he seemed to enjoy the fact that you were taking the lead. Each time his lips would land on top of yours it seemed as if electricity was flowing through your veins, making your whole body tingle. The hand you had used to guide his face towards yours dropped onto his chest, feeling the softness of his shirt underneath your fingertips. His hand traveled upwards, getting lost in the crook of your neck, hidden by your hair. The way he touched you, it made you feel as if you were on fire. The two of you were in the middle of a crowded room, people all around you, the music playing in the background. It made all of this even more exciting for one reason or another. Carefully, a little hesitant he forced your lips open with his, deepening the kiss, his hand applying a little more pressure onto your neck to pull you closer to him. You completely got lost in him, you forgot every sense of time, space, it was as if you two were the only people here. His arm disappeared from around your shoulder and s around your waist, pulling you to him. Without thinking you draped your arm around his neck, feeling the relaxed muscles of his shoulders. When you felt like you were in need for oxygen you pulled away, taking a deep breath and fluttering your eyes open. 

 

The way he stared at you made your stomach do flip flops and you swore you could have melted right there and then on that couch. “You’re a really good kisser.” He suddenly muttered and you laughed, wondering where that skill had come from. It surely couldn’t be because you had kissed so many guys before in the past, because your kiss list was extremely short. It eyed as if he was happy that you were smiling because he did too before he brought his mouth back to yours and pecked your lips shortly. Though when he wanted to move back again you stopped him, making it impossible for him to get away from you. “Then why don’t you kiss me again?” You tried to sound seductive, but knew that you were failing big time. Still he only chuckled softly, not wanting to embarrass you even more than you already were. His nose bumped into yours as he kissed you once more, obeying your request without complaining. It was a weird sensation when he dared to go as far that to softly trace your bottom lip with his tongue, asking you for your permission. Just for a small moment you hesitated, but not long, bec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter