Chapter 10

❣ Lost Without You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Even though you had told him that he could leave and that he didn’t have to keep on waiting for you, he had nicely refused your suggestion. So when you got out of the bathroom he was sitting on the couch, just like he had been doing the last time he had been here. Just to see him waiting there for you until you were ready so that you could go to school together already seemed to good to be true. Actually you were sure that you could get used to this, you would like to do this more often. Now that the two of you had a moment alone you could talk about everything that had been said yesterday. It had been an amazing night, you had gotten to know things about him that no one else knew and you had had some deep conversations with each other. He had confessed that he liked you, that he wanted to try things out with you and you wanted to know how serious he had been when he had told you that. Did he still think the same about that? What if he had changed his mind? He had only broken up with his ex a few weeks ago and you didn’t want it to look as if you were taking advantage of that. As soon as he noticed you he looked up at you and smiled, so that the only thing that you could do was smile back to him. “Are you ready?” He asked and you nodded, grabbing your bag that was standing on the table. The two of you still had to go to his loft and grab his books, because he didn’t have them with him right now. He stood up from the couch and this time you didn’t need to show him the way out. You walked behind him and studied his back as you made your way towards the front door. A sour look appeared on your face as you saw that it was raining, when had that even happened?

 

Together you made your way outside and you were glad to see that Baekhyun quickly unlocked the car so that you could sprint over to the passenger side and jump inside, closing the door behind you with a soft thud. Immediately you took in the smell of the car, enjoying the way it enclosed you. You watched him carefully as he came in, shaking off the few drips of water that had landed inside of his hair. He was so good looking, it should be illegal to look that good. “You’re sure you don’t mind coming with me right? I can drop you off at school first if you want me to?” He asked, turning his head to look at you with friendly eyes while starting the engine. You shook your head, not even considering that suggestion as you grabbed your seatbelt and fastened it. If he was going to drive like he had done last time then you felt a little bit more safe while wearing it. “No, I like to spend time with you.” As soon as you had said it your head colored bright red and you held in your breath while waiting for his reaction. Had you really just said that? But much to your relief he just chuckled and you saw how he blushed slightly, it made him look really cute. “Great, because I like to spend time with you too.” Having him say that to you gave you such a boost of confidence that all the insecurities you had still felt this morning seemed to fade away. He had a really good influence on you for some reason. He was popular and great but still he liked to have you around him, a wallflower. It meant a lot to you that he said this kind of words to you, you wished you could record them and listen to them over and over again. “____________, can I ask you something?” His voice sounded so serious all of a sudden that you weren't sure if you wanted to know what his question was. 

 

But then again you had gotten to know so many things about him the past few days that you felt as if you owed him this. “Sure…” The car drove off and you made yourself comfortable against the car seat, preparing yourself for whatever he was about to ask you. It could be anything. If he would start about the fact that you had liked him for so long then you would probably get flustered. “Why are you so insecure?” He asked and as soon as the words had rolled over his lips a thick silence filled the car. It seemed as if your mouth became dry as you stared through the front window, realizing what he had just asked you. Of course he was able to tell that you weren’t very confident about yourself and that you weren’t really happy with yourself, but you didn’t think that he would actually confront you with it. Inside of your head you were thinking about the right answer to give him, how you were going to explain things to him. Were you seriously supposed to answer that question? “I mean, you don’t have to tell me, I would just really like to know how to make you feel better about yourself. You’re always so shy and so quiet, while you’re a great person. I just feel bad because you always seem to put yourself down, as if you don’t believe you’re good enough for people. When your friend called you selfish you believed her instead of telling her that she was wrong, why did you do that?” He asked and you tried to focus yourself on anything but him. Eventually you remembered the scenery around you from last night, when he had been driving you home from his parents house. You weren’t going back there right? You were quite sure you weren’t ready to face his parents after they had seen you in the garden yesterday night. “When I was a kid I was very different from the others, I was quiet but really smart, I didn’t really like to play and stuff, I though it was childish. The other kids didn’t like me, and that’s why they started bullying me.” You mumbled softly, no idea why you were actually telling him this. You had never meant to tell this to anyone, it was your small little secret that you had been picked on when you were little, you didn’t like talking about it, thinking back of it. 

 

“It lasted until a few years ago, my second year of high school, when I finally learned how to stay into the background and I met my friends. They are the only people who actually accepted me just the way I am, I guess that’s the reason why I’m so scared of loosing them. If they are gone then I have no one left and then what if everything goes back to how it was before? I don’t want people to notice me or look at me, because I know that people can be very cruel to those who don’t fit in.” For a few minutes it stayed very still inside of the car and you watched how Baekhyun parked the car at the same parking spot he had used last time. He was a very skillful driver, unlike you, who couldn’t even start the engine without almost killing someone. As soon as he shut down the car and that sound also faded away it was so quiet that you were able to hear your own heart beat inside of your ears. “Did you ever tell your parents?” He then asked, his hands still circled around the steering wheel as he did so. Slowly he turned his head to look at you, his eyes resting onto your face, but you couldn’t bring yourself to look at him. This was a part of your life that you were ashamed of, you didn’t like to talk about it. “No, I never told anyone. Of course they noticed that I didn’t like to go to school and that I would be sad if I came back home but each time they asked me what was going on I would tell them that I was fine, that everything was alright. I wanted to solve it myself, I wanted to be my own savior and so I became a wallflower, the girl no one saw. It

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter