Chapter 9 : She's Mine, Not Yours

We're Together as Job
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I'll be having the note first this time. This chapter is extremely long, approximately 13,700 words.

I had a hard time formulating a conflict for this story and so hard to connect it with the next chapters that's why it took me so long before I updated. It's so hard that I had to change this entire chapter four times, like making a trial and error. So, in the end, I came up with this. I don't know if I can pull it through though.

And by the way, I saw some of you guys are tweeting about my fic. It just so happened that I was searching for the 'jenlisa fanfic' tag on twitter and saw some are recommending my fic. I'm so thankful to you guys. THANKS A LOT! <3 <3 <3 

Anyways, here's the update. I hope you guys will like it.

====================================

Chapter 9 She’s Mine; Not Yours

 

Love isn’t complicated; people are. Love can be simple and can be showered with sweets and rainbows only if people aren’t complex. Due to people’s complexity, it creates sensations, emotions that cause trouble, redundant quarrels and forming pointless conclusions shaped by their complicated minds. However, on the other hand, what creates these conflicts? What causes this intricacy that leads into and needless thoughts? Mainly, when it comes to relationships and love, it’s the thing called jealousy, an indescribable emotion that grounds to heartaches, grounds to vengeance for distorted hearts. 

 

Brighter than any of her days in the past, Jennie drives in groove with Jisoo going to the university. She’s such in a good mood that her shoulders sway along with the music and constantly singing along as well. Jisoo of course can detect this evident merry condition, laughing at her best friend’s irrationality as she drives in slow yet fun. Likewise, Jisoo cannot hide her smile, a very contented smile seeing her best friend fairly smiling after such a long time that she missed her so much.

 

“I won’t ask why you’re such in a good mood today.” Jisoo said and Jennie stared at her with her steady smile. “I’m just guessing that you already resolved your problem with Lisa and that it went along well last time.” She then said as she caught Jennie’s smirk.

 

Jennie bowed but her smile is still there printed on her lips, “Well, yeah. It did turn out well. Thanks for helping her out by the way. I know you guys did something even if you don’t tell me.”

 

“I promised to help you out anyway and Rose was insisting for us to help out so I got no choice.” Jisoo held. “So, what will you guys do from now on?” She then inquired.

 

“Dad is tailing us and still tracing our actions so we cannot be so carefree and we cannot relax just yet. He opposes and hates Lisa so we need to be more watchful this time too. Everything’s going to be little more complicated from now.” Jennie replied while she put her focus on her driving as they are nearing the university.

 

Seeing this genuine smile from Jennie gave Jisoo some reluctance, whether to verbalize or not her concerns but knowing that she’ll unveil it sometime soon though, she settled to disclose, “I don’t want to break your mood but there’s something that I have to tell you. I didn’t tell you about it in the past days since I know you were still bothered with Lisa.”

 

“Why, what is it? Your tone makes me nervous Chichu.” Jennie apprehensively examined.

 

 Jisoo exhaled big before she revealed flagrantly, “Nayeon is back. She was at the hospital last week and I already confirmed that it’s really her.”

 

This revelation made Jennie to take a full break of her car and parked in on a side temporarily. No words are heard for the first minute as Jennie is trying to internalize what she just absorbed. The mention of Nayeon’s name itself gave her so many flashbacks that even her vision in the car’s windshield beheld the scenes of the past she buried six feet under the ground but now coming back from the dead like an undertaker, haunting her.

 

It’s afternoon of heavy rains after a long day of their high school typical life. It’s only on the same afternoon when Jennie unintentionally broke a heart because of how she mistakenly used her kindness and hurt someone dear to her. It was on that day when Jennie ruined a life, ending a relationship she thought could benefit the other but resulted into a tragic break up.

 

“I thought you said you love me! But why? What’s this now Jennie? Are you saying that you never loved me and that you only valued me out of pity?” Nayeon cries out loud and landed a heavy slap right into Jennie’s face as she let their bodies covered in school uniform drown under the heavy fall or rain.

 

Jennie lowered down her head and watched the water drip down at the ends of her hair. Guilt is hitting her hard as she couldn’t look Nayeon straight into her hurtful eyes but can only utter the words, “I’m sorry I hurt you.”

 

“Sorry?” Nayeon sobbed and gave Jennie another push by her chest. “All this time I thought you’ve loved me as much as I love you. All these days I’m giving you my heart, only to find out that you’re forced into me because I got no one to love me? I’m not some God damn toy Jennie!”

 

“It’s not like that, okay? I know I was wrong but please hear me out.” Jennie begged, trying to hold onto Nayeon’s hands but it was slapped away.

 

“Hear out what? More lies from you, huh? You’re evil and you’re no hero for doing this to me! You think you’re some kind of star who just saved me out of loneliness? Do you really think loving me half-heartedly and hurting me this way will make me happy? God dammit Jennie!” Nayeon cried louder and later lost her energy as she bent on her knees, letting her knees be dirtied in mud.

 

Though Nayeon is resisting with her weak blows, Jennie hugged her tight while she repeats her apology, “I’m so sorry Nayeon. It’s my fault. I was an idiot. I’m so sorry.”

 

Nayeon used her remaining force to push Jennie away from her and stood up. Filled with hurt and sorrow, she looked down to Jennie and swears, “You’re the worst Jennie. I hate you! I’ll never forgive you!”

 

Nayeon walked away and disappeared from the heavy rain and that’s the last time that Jennie ever talked to her and ever seen her. She was left in guilt and carrying this mistake she never wanted to happen.

 

“Jennie!”

 

Jisoo called out her name loud and snapped her fingers in front of Jennie who suddenly spaced out and traveled to the past. Jennie on that moment was pulled back, and recalled every single detail of that day, from Nayeon’s hurtful expression and damaged heart to the pain she brought her. Right on that moment the errors and faults of the past cling her once again.

 

“Do you think Nayeon still hates me? If she still feels the same then I can’t blame her. Even her parents hate me after what I’ve done.” Jennie tested and started her engine again to continue on driving on their way.

 

“Honestly I don’t know. Well, I hope she doesn’t anymore. I mean, c’mon, it was a mistake in your part and I cannot deny that but it’s been years. She should have moved on by now and you do too.” Jisoo said, trying to shrug off this feeling of uneasiness.

 

Jennie scowled, “I wish she did.”

 

“Let’s just forget about that. So far nothing happened yet, why don’t you focus first on what you have at the present?” Jisoo sneered and pointed at the blonde waiting for them by the university’s parking lot.

 

Jennie farsighted who’s in front of them as they make an entrance inside the university, it’s Lisa who patiently waits by a corner for their arrival, waiting at the space that Jennie always lodge for her car. She’s seen smiling from ear to ear looking Jennie’s car having its park and then lively hopped near them like a little boy approaching his mother after being separated for a day. Similar to Jennie, Lisa with so much delight finally reunited with her.

    

“Good morning!” Lisa greeted as she grinned so wide at both of the best friends.

 

The playful Jisoo tickles Lisa by her waist teasing, “Eh~ our giant baby is in a good mood like our Jendeukie right here!”

  

“Stop that~” Jennie sighed. “By the way, why are you here?” She then quizzed her lover.

 

“Oh, I waited for you actually.” Lisa beamed and Jennie raised an eyebrow. “I’ll walk you to your first class and this will be our daily routine starting today.”

 

“And who the hell decided on that? I can walk to my first class by myself. I don’t need anyone to walk me all the way to my classroom!” Jennie questioned a little annoyed of her sudden decision.

 

Lisa mopes as she reasons out, “I just want to make sure you won’t skip classes, at least on your first subject. Isn’t that right, Jisoo-unnie?”

 

“She’s right Jennie. You should be thankful that you have someone who got a bit of her free time to check on you. I was the one who asked her to do this since I got no time to be doing this to you because of the preparation for the upcoming Foundation Day. I’m a busy person you see.” Jisoo said as she takes side with Lisa, gloriously grinning at the irritated Jennie.

 

“Really, it’s so early and you’re already ganging up on me.” Jennie groaned.

 

Jisoo steps back and concludes, “Okay so I’ll be going ahead. I might get late for my first class if I’ll keep on talking to you guys.”

 

Jisoo best friend for the last time with a wink before she jogged fast away, leaving them by the parking lot to sort things out by themselves. Jennie moaned her curses as she watched her playful best friend escaping out from her wrath like that. Nevertheless, she never said and never assumed that she hates Lisa’s occurrence. In fact, having Lisa made her feel protected especially on this day that she feels anxious due to Nayeon’s return.

 

Lisa snatched Jennie’s unusually heavy shoulder bag away from her hand and carries it by herself. She extended her free hand to Jennie as she offers with a bright smile, “Shall we go?”

 

“Do we really have to hold hands?” Jennie asked as she refused to take Lisa’s awaiting hand.

 

“It’s not like this would be the first time we’ll hold hands. Besides, we have to make up from the one week we didn’t talk.” Lisa rejoined and forcibly intertwined Jennie’s hand with hers.

 

Jennie argued no more and decided to let Lisa do what she wants. Together, hand-in-hand they walk to the crowded catwalks to the corridors, showing off their intertwined hands tightly clasped together. By coincidence, Jennie doesn’t feel disturbed that she got her hands taken by this overly proud Lisa whose head is up like any lover would do. Jennie furthermore finds it funny that Lisa gives the guys a look when they try to walk close to her or even by just simply passing by beside her. With this kind of possessive Lisa and thanks to her, Jennie feels so sheltered from all these worries bugging her.

 

“What’s wrong? You’re dreadfully quiet.” Lisa asked upon spotting Jennie’s unusual hush wherein she’s supposed to be already complaining on how boastful she is from showing off too much. She finds it so odd for Jennie not be mumbling her curses at these students glaring at them and so weird that she’s not looking straight on her way like what she always does.

 

The flushing Jennie puts on a enjoyable face and clings onto Lisa’s arms for an excuse, “Nothing.”

 

“Oh really?” Lisa in doubt just went along with her obvious lie and later they have reached Jennie’s classroom for her first class.

 

“Let’s meet at the infirmary later for lunch.” Jennie said still not letting go of their intertwined hands.

 

“Infirmary, but why there? Won’t we be joining Jisoo-unnie and Chaeyoung at the cafeteria?” Lisa in muddle seeks.  

 

Jennie faintly whacked Lisa by her shoulders and giggled but also fixes Lisa’s crumpled sleeves while saying so cheery, “Just do as I said. You’ll like it for sure. Just be there on time, okay? Don’t dare you make your girlfriend wait or else I’ll kill you.”

 

“Well, I don’t know why but alright. If you say so then I’ll be there.” Lisa although wondering why and puzzled, she found herself agreeing as couldn’t resist this gummy smile from her girlfriend.

 

“Okay, good. Now get going before you’ll get late too. I don’t want you to be using me as an excuse on your first class.” Jennie pinched Lisa’s cheeks before entering her classroom, leaving Lisa a little bit confused of Jennie’s surprising clinginess.

 

“She’s weird…”

 

On that same time of early morning when the busy Ji-yong is on his fast strides going inside their company building, he was welcomed with reports and bundles of pending paper works the moment he stepped inside the reception area. Not only that, he was also greeted with a familiar woman whom he immediately took notice of, standing near the glass walls of the lobby. She’s this kind of woman who can make people’s head turn on her because of her angelic and pure manifestation, especially with this white dress she’s wearing that perfectly suits her slender figure.

 

“Nayeon?” Ji-yong hesitantly approached as he’s trying to recognize.

 

The woman whom he called by her first name turned around to meet the speculating man and he was right as she smiled bright to him, “Oppa, it’s been a while.”

 

“Oh my God, look at you! You look so matured now!” Ji-yong praised in his astonishment.

 

“Who wouldn’t oppa? It’s been like years since we last met.” Nayeon replied wearing the same smile.

 

“Huh? But why are you here all by yourself then? By any chance, are you looking and waiting for me?” Ji-yong asks while guiding the elegant woman to a seat.

 

Nayeon nods, “Yeah oppa. Your company’s receptionist told me that I cannot go straight to your office unless there’s an appointment so they let me wait here.”

 

“Sorry about that. It’s one of the company’s security policies not to let any civilians go up to my office unless they have my permission.” Ji-yong formally bowed. “So, what is it that I can help you with?”

 

“It’s about Jennie…” Nayeon said frank and her smile faded away at the mention of a name that pulled her back down to the past.

 

“Oh…”  Ji-yong was taken aback as he rested his back on the chair looking straight at Nayeon’s fixed stares.

 

“How is she oppa?” Nayeon sincerely asked.

 

“Ever since you left that day, things started to have a twist in her life. A lot of things happened since then. She became cold, rebellious and so hard-headed. She also learned how to oppose our father then she has also learned how to refuse people.” Ji-yong informed imagining Jennie’s stern look on her face.

 

“I see. She has changed a lot then. Unlike before, that girl can’t even say ‘no’ to anyone and I don’t know if I loved that side of her or hated it.” Nayeon murmured, reminiscing Jennie’s kindness towards anyone, including her who was once a victim of this sympathy.

 

“Nayeon…” Ji-yong ogled at her sensitively.

 

Nayeon though instantly returned back her smile as she further expounds her intention, “You don’t have to look at me like that oppa. I’m just wondering when or where I can meet Jennie. I don’t know where she studies, I don’t have her number and I have no idea how to meet her so I’m approaching you. At least I know you’ll just be in this company. I just want to talk with her. You know about it right oppa? We didn’t end up very well and never got a closure. I just wanted to meet her and maybe we can end it properly.”

 

“There’s no way I’d forget about that. My sister was wrong that time. She made a huge mistake with you, that’s why I wanted to talk with you also to apologize in behalf of her but you suddenly went to Japan without prior notice.” Ji-yong sighed as he recollected. “I’ll just tell her that you came here and I’ll tell her about your intentions. You can just tell me wherever you want to meet her.” He then proposed.

 

“Then…”  Nayeon looks up and thinks of this one place in her mind, “Tell her I’ll be in our favorite place this coming Friday, late afternoon. As much as I want to meet her today, I can’t. Knowing Jennie, she might not be able to say a single word if I surprise her right now.”

 

“Favorite place, huh? Okay, I’ll let when we meet tonight at home.” Ji-yong agreed.

 

“Thanks oppa. I’ll be expecting her.” Nayeon beamed.

 

The entire morning isn’t as bright as the weather for the students. Just like the sky that’s covered with clouds preventing the sun to shine upon them their busy schedules are as dark as it is. Students are barely seen relaxing in their usual spots like under the trees, none are seen chilling by the gymnasium and only a few are taking their time to take a short break even at this one hour lunch break given to everyone. The main reason for this chaos amongst the students is for this university’s Foundation Day that’s approaching fast in a few months left.

 

“Unnie, seriously? Only bread and milk? We’re having lunch and not breakfast, duh~” Rose criticized at the foods served at their table.

 

One of the busiest students would be Jisoo whose lunch break is being used for jotting down important matters to be prepared for the said special day for she’s one of the organizers. Instead of facing and aiming with her lunch, she’s immersed with her laptop reading all reports and updates from her fellow student council members and from professors submitting their accounts.

 

Not minding her whining friend from across the table, Jisoo reacts belatedly, “I’m too busy to eat. The major preparations for the Foundation Day just started. This is when we need to get serious if we don’t want to be ashamed worldwide.”

 

“Oh yeah, the university’s foundation day is known worldwide. I once saw it on TV before.” Rose grasped.

 

“Aren’t you going to be busy as well? I’m pretty sure the music club listed you as their solo performer in one of the events to be held at the auditorium.”  Jisoo asked as she looked up to Rose munching that bread which is supposed to be hers.

 

With full, Rose manages to reply undistinguishably, “Yeah. They begged too much saying that I’m one of the big three of this university and I couldn’t say refuse them. I’ll be playing my guitar while they back me up and sing a song of their choice. It’s not going to be a big hassle for me since playing the guitar is just a piece of cake for me.”

 

“Pretty confident, huh?”

 

“Of course. Lisa will be performing too on that same day, only that their class will perform in the afternoon while we’ll be in the morning.” Rose said with so much joy in her tone as she slightly smiled at the thought of Lisa.

 

This caught Jisoo’s attention, therefore she tried grilling the younger one, “Hey, I already asked you about this before but do you like Lisa?”

 

Rose at that point thinks for a while, looking up above the ceiling trying to figure out an answer. Out of all those guys she dated, only Lisa made her special because of their similarities they have. Of all the people she hangs out with, only Lisa gave her so much enjoyment up to now. She can comfortably smile and laugh around Lisa without holding back. So far only Lisa she can perfectly sync with, regardless of Jisoo and Jennie’s presence.

 

After thinking so deep of those that Rose’s face became so serious, she gave Jisoo a direct answer, “I don’t know but I think I do. Why do you keep on asking that unnie?”

 

“A-about that…”

 

That straight and direct confession from Rose gave Jisoo a hard time to return it promptly. If before she can joke about it and can still torment Rose regarding her fondness towards Lisa, now she regrets asking it for the second time. Jisoo doesn’t know why, even she herself cannot explain this disorientation but she can feel it that things have surely changed a lot since that first day of Lisa and Jennie’s deal as she now feels uneasy to hear a serious response from Rose.

 

“Ah~ never mind. That doesn’t mean anything yet. Let’s not dig deeper into it.” Rose wailed and her loud whines snapped Jisoo back to reality.

 

“Y-you’re right. I shouldn’t have asked.” Jisoo clumsily laughed alongside with Rose.

 

Five minutes and counting, that’s the time that Lisa is already wasting by just running all the way from her last class in the morning going to the infirmary where her girlfriend is waiting impatiently which is still on the other building. She didn’t mind of those students she bumped into and her adrenaline rush gave her unconscious strength to run with her heavy books placed inside her backpack. As long as she can reach her destination, then the surroundings don’t matter.

 

“Sorry I’m late!” Lisa yelled out loud with her eyes shut closed as she used her remaining strength, pushing the infirmary’s door using her tired body.

 

The infirmary is colder that the usual, thanks to the weather from the outside that’s keeping it mild for a perfect place to rest onto and to the air conditioner rotating all over the room. Conversely, if it’s not the infirmary that’s heated, it’s the person waiting by the vacant seat. That impatient tap of the foot, those crossed arms and an eyebrow raised so high, Lisa knew that she’ll be welcomed by shouts, complains and so on.

 

“Eleven minutes and thirty seven seconds late! You wasted that much time on my precious lunch break!” Jennie announced when the unsteady Lisa stepped in front of her catching her breath.

 

“Sorry, sorry.” Lisa panted and occupied the space beside Jennie, soaking in sweat that her hair strands are sticking into her face.

 

“Explain yourself in thirty seconds.” The cold Jennie said and set her watch all of a sudden then starts counting, “Time starts now…”

 

“Woah woah! Wait!” Lisa closely covered Jennie’s watch and nags, “Yah, that’s unfair! You have no idea how I ran so fast just to be here in time. I tried, okay? The professor extended the class for a bit because of the Foundation Day and my classroom is from the other building. You can’t expect me to fly and reach here on time.”

 

“Are you sure of your excuses loser?” Jennie glared and Lisa froze from those deadly daggers.

 

“Yah! You make it sound like I’m cheating on you!” Lisa tried defending herself but those glares from Jennie just won’t falter. “Are we going to fight and waste our lunch break over this matter? Can we just stop arguing over the simplest thing?” She then sighed but settled her head on Jennie’s shoulders like a puppy asking forgiveness.

 

“Aigoo~ look at these cute couple we have here! You fight like a real couple. I can’t even convince myself right now that you’re just a pretentious pair.” Someone honked from the other side of the infirmary.

 

Lisa twisted her head to where that joker came from as she’s frightened to hear someone else’s voice aside from them. “Dara-unnie!” She pondered at Dara who twinkled and waved at her not so far from their position.

 

Dara stood up from her seat laughing at Lisa’s flustered face, “Why do you look surprised to see a nurse inside an infirmary? Of course I’d be here and I’ve been here the entire time listening to your quarrels.”

 

“Well, it’s just that… it’s awkward that someone just heard us like that.” Lisa reservedly articulated as she scratched her reddening cheeks.

 

“I see. You’re right, I’d be embarrassed too if people hear me arguing with my boyfriend.” Dara acknowledged with a nod. “I’ll just leave you guys here then. I’ll be taking my lunch break too and in case someone comes just give me a quick call.”

 

“Okay unnie.” Lisa said.

 

“And to you Jennie my dear, just calm down, okay? Don’t let Lisa apologize all the time, it ruins everything. And I left Lisa’s balms for the cut in her lip on the cabinet as well. Just help her out with it.” Dara advised before she stepped out of the infirmary to give the two their most needed time together.

 

“Geez, I just hate being lectured.” Jennie groaned.

 

To end the pointless arguments, Jennie brought out a perfectly packed lunch from her bag and Lisa sits up properly beside her to check what’s inside it. The wrapped lunch box is divided into three, a complete set of a healthy lunch that’s good for two. Lisa’s eyes glittered at the assessment of these tasty dishes namely prawns, fried rice, salad and vegetables with appetizers to go along with it. She drooled at the aroma that makes her stomach grumble in hunger and all these were prepared and presented on the table.

 

“Mom cooked it for us.” Jennie gladly said.

 

“Really?” Lisa squealed in pleasure. “Ah~ so that’s why your bag was so heavy when I carried it earlier today. It’s because of this.”

 

Jennie placed some in front of Lisa, equally dividing the meals for them while saying, “I cannot show this to Jisoo and Chaeng that’s why I asked you to come here. If I showed them, for sure they’ll end up eating all of these. Mom strictly asked me to have this with you because you were not able to eat well the dinner she prepared the last time you visited the mansion. She likes you a lot that she put some effort in making this.”

 

“Yeah. I couldn’t even show her my gratitude and didn’t properly thank her.” Lisa frowned as she remembered that night she failed to praise the diligent mother’s effort.

 

“Don’t think about that anymore. Just eat and enjoy it this time then maybe you can show her your gratitude next time you’ll meet.” Jennie said as she handed the chopsticks. “For now, just eat so that we can properly aid your lower lip later on.”

 

Lisa graciously digs in like a hungry lion. As the food dreamily melts in , she felt like heaven to its tastiness and thought she’s on a paradise of foods. The pleasure flows into her is inexplicable that she found herself continuously consuming until she gets choked. Her cheeks are puffing so big and hardly chew in some more. Jennie finds it satisfactory and can only stare at Lisa’s pleasured face while eating nonstop at her side, unconsciously smiling at Lisa’s face.

 

“Why aren’t you eating? Aren’t you hungry?” Lisa examined as she realized that Jennie’s share hasn’t been touched yet.

 

“Not really. You can have mine if you want. You seem to like it so much that you’re forgetting to breathe.” Jennie snickered and transferred some of her share to Lisa’s box.

 

“I love it but it’s no fun eating by myself while you just watch me there.” Lisa complained. As a result, she chopped one of the prawns, placing it in front of Jennie’s mouth holding, “If you won’t eat then I’ll feed you. Say ah~”

 

Jennie shoved her hands away and laughed, “Stop that loser. I have hands to feed myself.”

 

“But you’re not eating and your hands are so useless so I’ll feed you. I’ll stop eating if you won’t eat.” Lisa insisted and placed the food back to her face, waiting for her to accept the bargain.

 

Jennie knows that this hard-headed Lisa won’t bulge unless her wish will be granted. Though a little self-conscious and flushing, she opened and let the contented Lisa feed her. Together they laugh and gleefully share the lunch. It’s nothing different, not in a fancy restaurant and not in an extraordinary place but just a commonplace of the university. However, what makes it special are the moments that Jennie eventually learned to appreciate; the happiness that only Lisa can give her, that smile she can only blaze when she’s with Lisa and that genuine affection she has gained with this person she used to hate.

 

“I’m going to be part of the dancing team for our performance this upcoming Foundation Day. I wanted to be part of the main stage too but they are letting the seniors to that. I might be also giving up one of my part time jobs to attend practices at night.” Lisa informed to keep their symphonic chat going.

 

“I see. So I guess you’ll be busy as any other students out there soon.” Jennie said plainly but died a little inside.

 

Lisa faced her and asked, “How about you? Are you not going to participate in any programs?”

 

“It’s a waste of time and I’m not part of any clubs. Our department will be setting up some booths and some food stalls for the guests though but I’m not interested.”

 

“You’re so boring~” Lisa hooted. “You’re the only student who’s not busy with the fact that you’re the most known student here. Jisoo-unnie is busy organizing programs and events. And oh, now that I think of it, Chaeyoungie will be performing with us at the auditorium. I heard she’s going to singing solo for the music club.” She then said filled with excitement in her tone.

 

Jennie noted that joyous appearance as she thought of Rose. Lisa got so eager that she started sending message to Rose right in front of Jennie who’s muddled at her sudden enthusiasm. That delighted smile and that thrilled giggle, there’s no way Jennie doesn’t know it and no way that she’ll let it slide.

 

“You…” Jennie wavered. It’s against her will but she went on venting, “…you’re getting a lot closer to Chaeyoung these days, huh? 

 

With her eyes fixated on her phone as she’s formulating a message for Rose, Lisa returned, “Yeah. She’s fun to be with and we’re on the same boat. We easily get along because we’re so alike, you know. We even agreed to hang out every Sunday since it’s our only free time.”

 

“Really… that’s… great…” Jennie forced out a smile, so forced that even her muscles are refusing to stretch for her.

 

Lisa got so enthralled on her phone that she didn’t notice Jennie is already glaring at her while trying to peek on the message she’s sending at the same time. There’s a pinch of sadness hurting Jennie’s fragile heart as she suddenly got set aside and as Lisa’s interest shifted to other that’s not her. It’s the first time that Jennie felt a knife slicing her chest and this feeling drained her mood that she had a while ago.

 

“I’m done eating. Let’s— huh? Where did she go?“ Lisa kept on saying, but as she looked up from her phone she’s already been left out. There’s no Jennie beside her, only the ointment for her cut on the table was left.

 

Jennie complete lost all those passion she used to have after their lunch at the infirmary. She doesn’t want to bother herself with Lisa and her growing admiration towards Rose so she ended up hideously drinking this whole bottle of wine late night by their mansion’s swimming pool. While she sits by the edge, she dips her legs onto the calm water, lightly swaying it against the small waves while distracting herself with this game on her phone that’s not even fun to start with.

 

Ji-yong who just came back from his hectic schedules saw his sister doing so, all alone with that bottle of wine at her side. Hence, this concerned brother walked towards her warning, “Mom will get mad if she sees you here drinking that.”

 

Jennie looked up at her sighing brother in his business suit and mumbles, “Mom is sleeping.”

 

“Did something happen?” Ji-yong decided to join his sister by remaining on his stand behind her.

 

“Nothing. I’m just a little lonely since everyone’s so busy these days. Foundation Day is fast approaching, that’s why.” Jennie said with the same monotonous tone.

 

“Then, I’ll make you a little busy…” Ji-yong hummed which made Jennie to look up back at him again for the second time, waiting for his continuation.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter