Chapter 19 (Last Chapter) : We're Together As Job

We're Together as Job
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 19 (Last Chapter) We’re Together As Job FINALE

 

 

Love is an unconditional commitment to an imperfect person, to someone who has flaws and to someone who has undergone several mistakes and wrong decisions in life. To love someone unconditionally requires a lot of effort, time and a great amount of understanding, absolute trust and fighting to all these temptations whispering into the night. All they need is to hold on, to be brave in all these ups and downs and only they can stand on it, only their unconditional love can make it through.

 

One of these people who have been holding on to this unconditional love is this young dreamer soaring up high as she’s stepping onto another year of her university life. She may not have all the material things she wanted, but she has this love inside her heart enough to go on with her dreams. She may only be living in this cranky apartment block but outside her door is a big world she’s ready to walk on to. She may be alone in her single ratty bed, but in her dreams she spends it with someone she knows who belongs to her heart.

 

It’s only early morning and people all over the town are already preparing for another challenging day ahead of them, yet there’s this young achiever in her dreamland still, her romantic dreamland where she’s on a date with the love of her life. She’s having the best time in her dreams but this illusion of hers shattered when her phone buzzed her ears, so deafening she got electrified awakening her from her deep sleep.

 

“Lisa, sweetie; please don’t tell me you were still sleeping…” That’s what Lisa first heard from her groaning disappointed mother through the phone call.

 

The upset Lisa rejoined squeaking under her pillow, “Mom, you’re two hours early again. When will you ever learn the time zone? You just ruined my awesome dream.”

 

“I know it’s only 4AM in there but you told me yesterday that you’ll have a meeting at the university early today, remember? You still have to travel!” The mother scolded.

 

“Oh my God! I almost forgot about it!” Lisa shrieked and jolted up from her bed upon awareness.

 

The mother laughs, imagining how her precious daughter looks like in a panic, “Aigoo~ my Lalisa… just how good is your dream that you were sleeping so deep.”

 

“It’s private mom. It’s a dream that only my mind can see.” Lisa joked which made her mother to laugh louder.

 

Lisa can hear her mother laughing so hard through the phone and this is more than enough for her to find calmness in her body and mind that was in a state of panic. And she can tell, Lisa can also heed her father chortling as low as possible beside her mother, perhaps enjoying the image of her being so frantic running all over her room. Thanks to these supportive parents that she can now smile throughout this day that’s going to be showered with nothing but work yet again.

 

“Ah~ I know!” Her mother suddenly squealed.

 

So Lisa challenges, “What? Can you guess?”

 

“Jennie!” Her mother guessed so positive and definite.

 

“Am I that easy to read mom?” Lisa snickered for her mother hit the jackpot.

 

The mother then reminisces in calm, “It’s been more than a year Lisa and ever since she left for London you’ve been only thinking about her. Of course it would be so easy to guess if you’re that giggly talking about this suspicious dream of yours. Only Jennie can make you so thrill like that. I know you even if I don’t see you.”

 

“Oh yeah, it’s been more than a year…” Lisa realized and sat back down in her bedside.

 

It’s been one year and a half since then, since that day they separated ways to chase their own dreams. Because of how time flies by so fast, Lisa wouldn’t have realized this fact if her mother didn’t count it for her, if there’s no calendar full of X marks per date in her study table to remind her of it. Within those days she’s missing Jennie, those days she’s all alone thinking of her, she solely focused to nothing but reaching her dreams. Going to the university, studying twice as hard as before, working until she passes out, within those days she looped these daily routines.

 

Within those days she doesn’t have Jennie beside her, Lisa faced tons of challenges, a lot of hardships she cannot count anymore, she also gathered some numerous criticisms for her stage performances at the university, she was heavily judged by those unchanging rich spoiled brats and she had cried galloons. Lisa, even up until this very moment, she’s still suffering from these things yet she never stopped.

 

However, within those days she had nothing, during her darkest times, she just have to think of a one special person and all these adversities can fade in one click. Jennie, just think of that name and by just imaging that favorite smile, Lisa can be encouraged and she can give her the ultimate push she needs to go on, to move forward like nothing happened. All that Lisa needs is Jennie, no more, nothing less.

 

“Anyway…” Her mother suddenly voiced out after a few minutes of pure silence which startled Lisa’s mind that went out of the world. “…I’ll be hanging up now sweetie. You still have to prepare. I don’t want you to get late. I love you.” She then said.

 

Lisa nods as she gets up from her bedside to continue on with her usual preparation, “I love you too mom and tell dad that don’t worry about me too much as well. I’m doing great and please remind him that I’m not a little girl anymore.”    

 

With that, Lisa dropped the call to formally start up her hectic day that’s waiting outside her door. At once she began preparing, from her usual twenty-minute bath, choosing her outfit of the day with her usual jeans and black shirt but with her new sneakers and her old ragged backpack to setting her own breakfast, with only a piece of buttered toasted bread which she now enjoys in her study table.

 

“Good morning, Jennie. I’m going to start a new day again. I hope you’re doing well too just like me. It’s night time in there so I hope you’re sleeping soundly by now.” Lisa greeted, not to an actual person but to this picture of them together neatly placed on a frame.

 

Their countless old photos together, that expensive bracelet she always wears everywhere she goes, and that one important letter, these are the things that Lisa are holding on to, the things giving her an high hopes that Jennie is still out there waiting for her like what she demanded for her to do. There’s no assurance from that last night they spent together but the hopeful and hardworking Lisa, after all these days, months and year, she’s been fighting for it.

 

One last glance to the picture and Lisa exhales to release all her anxieties as she says, “I’ll be off now.”

 

Lisa makes her way out of the apartment building but before leaving, she made sure she fed the guard dog of the apartment with its favorite milk and dog foods she always buys in her way. If her feelings for Jennie never really did change, so does her lifestyle. With the new bicycle, Lisa pedals to the narrow streets, greeting every old people she passes by and she would get a sweeter greeting in return to her kindness. This routine never changed. There’s nothing out of ordinary but she loves it.

 

Stopping by right in front of her favorite bakery, she greets the old woman in a huge morning grin, “Good morning!”

 

The old woman sweeping the floor of her bakery later recognized Lisa’s presence near the bread racks and so she greets back happily, “Good morning too Lisa. You’re quite early today.”

 

“We’ll be having an assembly today and a short meeting, that’s why.” Lisa simply responded for she’s busily picking one of the hottest freshly-baked melon buns she loves in the rack.

 

“You’re working so hard, eh?” The old woman commented and there goes Lisa’s smirk coming out side wards. “Is it because of that woman you always talk about? What’s her name again? Is it Jennie?”

 

“Oh, you even remember her name. But yes, it’s Jennie.” Lisa proudly smiled as she placed one melon bun in the counter.

 

The old woman smiles back at her, “Even an old woman like me can easily remember a name that’s always mentioned every single day from a regular customer.”

 

Lisa only smiled wider at the old woman as she realized she’s been mentioning the same name for more than a year now whenever she stops by to buy her favorite buns. So shy of the fact she just noticed herself, she couldn’t talk more and can only keep on giggling in so much thrill in front of the amused old woman as she perfectly packed her melon buns for her.

 

“Have a good day, Lisa.” The old woman said and handed her freshly-baked order.

 

Lisa thankfully bowed down and began pedaling her bicycle forwards to continue on with her day. All these streets she pass by, all these shops that are still opening and all these people walking around, all these  things have changed in her perspective. Every corner that her eyes can reach out, all she can remember of is Jennie, their moments together and those times they spent together in these same roads. She can picture them walking hand-in-hand in these sidewalks.

 

But these memories that keep on coming back to her, these memories that keep on flashing back to her mind aren’t pulling her down rather these memories she’s holding on to are the ones keeping her up, giving her so much energy she needs to fly high. Lisa has grown up this much for more than a year since they separated ways and this matured Lisa, surely, is someone that Jennie can be proud of.

 

“Lisa! Quick! We’ll going to be late for the meeting!”

 

One of her classmates saw her taking so much time in parking her bicycle on a side and so she called her attention from afar, waving at her with utmost urgency. Lisa on the other hand didn’t notice how much time she had burnt by and wasted by just merely making her way to the university as she was so immersed with her deep thoughts of Jennie. This sensation however isn’t new to her for once in a while she experiences the same thing, and none of these times she regretted it rather she cherished it.

 

“Sorry. I’m late.” Lisa immediately announced to the class upon entering the room, breathless while catching all the air she lost running all the way.

 

“It’s alright. We haven’t started.” The professor fortunately informed and guided Lisa to a vacant seat.

 

Lisa eyes on each of the present students as she makes her way to her seat and she can tell only selected students from her course with different year levels are there. There are only a few of them and Lisa noted that some of them are the best performing students that are like her. She wasn’t told about today’s agenda and so does the others whom she asked the time she seated. In short, no one knows about today’s plan and why they were called for a meeting with a short notice. Lisa being a loyal student however complied like any others.

 

The professor with his papers stands in front close to them and formally starts, “First of all, we apologize for the short notice but at the same time thank you for making time. We only got this news late afternoon yesterday so I was only able to call your attention last night about this. But, I’m sure all of you will love this news that I have for all of you. Well, not just for all of you but to us as well and to this university.”

 

“What’s this news sir?” An impatient student asked.

 

“Next month, the London Korean Festival will take place and this event is being celebrated once a year. There are various activities that are going to be held like introducing Korean cultures, some concerts and some stage play events in the venue. Usually, the festival happens from morning to night so it’s a whole day jam-packed activity where there will be a lot of performers and a lot of visitors, guests, tourists and so on. With that being said, our university was chosen to be taking part in one of the events of the said festival. And fortunately, all of you in here were chosen by our university to perform for a stage play alongside with other students from other universities for collaboration.” The professor gladly announced.

 

There are only a few in the room yet their cheers resonated all over, penetrating through the closed doors and ringing all over the corridors. Some jumped in joy, some remained seated as they cry and some kept on screaming and there’s Lisa in the midst of tears due to this joy overflowing into her. She couldn’t believe it just yet for this good news came all of a sudden and she didn’t foresee that one of these days she would hear this news.

 

And the professor goes on explaining to these overjoyed students, “After our consecutive successful Foundation Days over the years, our university was recognized for having best talents, particularly with the theater arts students throughout the world. Thanks to you guys, the best performing students so far, we got the best chance to participate with this event! Indeed, this is going to be one of our major groundbreaking activities so we better show what we got and if needed, we should go over our limit!”

 

“Yes sir!” They all recited.

   

“Congratulations!” The professor clapped with the students.  

 

Then there’s Lisa who raised her hands momentarily cutting off their mini celebration as she asks for a clearer view, “This festival… I’m sorry but where will this be held?”

 

“Oh you didn’t know? The festival usually takes place in London.” The professor said smiling at Lisa’s staggered face.

 

Lisa stutters, “L-London? Y-you mean…”

 

“Yeah, we’re going to London.” The team said and all laughed at Lisa’s mouth that’s so wide opened at her late realization.

 

Emotions started rushing all over Lisa. She doesn’t know what these rumbled emotions creeping into her that she just froze there in her seat flabbergasted. This news came so sudden that she lost her straight thoughts but one thing is for sure to her, she more than overjoyed than any of these people cheering around her, she’s the luckiest person around in this room right now for the reason that she going to a place where the only love of her life resides. This amazes her so much she completely lost her words but let this biggest smile in her face be at it.

 

Halting their cheers is the professor clapping his hands as he goes on with the meeting, “Okay guys, save the celebration for later. For now, let’s continue on with the meeting. There are a lot of things we need to prepare for this event. We got no time to waste so let’s get to the point and discuss things.”

 

“Yes sir!” All responded obediently.

 

London, from the other side of the world where dawn is peacefully greeting the entire city with the sun steadily peeking up from the sky, here resides Lisa’s other half, the woman who holds Lisa’s motivation after all these days, months and year. For she holds Lisa’s other half, she’s nothing different from her as she also chases her dreams in this place which she had decided more than a year ago. It’s been more than a year since she shattered these chains choking her and managed to break out from it. As a result of those difficult times, here she is battling in her own ways.

 

Jennie, in this room that’s not expansive and not narrow either but simple yet enough, here she stays alone. She lives in this dorm located within the university’s premises where foreign students like her stay. Like any other students neighboring to her room, she wakes up as early as them to start up yet another typical day that’s going to be showered with nothing but works, studies and all.

 

“Good morning Jennie.” One of her dorm mates greeted brightly.

 

Jennie replies with her morning smile, “Good morning.”

 

As they walk together down the pantry area to join the other students for breakfast, they continue on chatting along the staircases, “How is it going so far? I heard you’re being piled with lots of school works.”

 

Jennie sighed, “Yeah and just yesterday we were chosen to attend and take part on a festival. It seems like we’re going to start working on it today. We haven’t informed about the details yet so I guess we’re going to discuss it the entire day.”

 

Despite of the wealth that her family has, her lifestyle jives along like any other middle class students as she joins them for breakfast by the dorm’s pantry area. Most are still in their sleepwear but here’s Jennie already suited up. Jennie, ever since day one she started this new life she’s now accustomed to, has turned into a better woman than how she was in the past. Never once she broke a rule unlike some of these lazy students around her. Never once she rebelled unlike some of these unruly hard-headed brats around her. She stayed devoted to nothing but her dreams.

 

And while they chitchat in this table as they eat together with her group, one of her newly found friends asks the busily munching Jennie, “By the way, when will you date that guy who’s been asking you out?”

 

“Oh yeah. He’s been like courting you for a couple of months now.” Another friend followed up and teased the silent Jennie.

 

“C’mon girl; you’re single! There’s nothing wrong dating while you’re studying.” They teased further.

 

But, unluckily for them that Jennie answers them assertively with a smirk that’s so boastful, “Sorry guys but I already rejected the guy yesterday. I may be single but my heart is taken. I’m devoted to only one.”

 

Everyone has gone speechless with Jennie’s straightforward return while Jennie just simply went on eating her breakfast not until her phone started ringing against her pocket and so she quickly excused herself to pick it up. At early mornings like this, there could only be two people who have the nerves to disturb her and they are no other than her two friends whom she left back at home.

 

“Jendeukie~” That’s her best friend Jisoo’s first retort as Jennie answered this video call she always does every morning.

 

“Unnie! I’m here too!” And that’s how her friend Rose reacted upon seeing Jennie’s amused face on Jisoo’s phone screen.

 

For more than a year the set up between the three has been this way; video call during the early morning in London and a little chitchat while Jennie prepares for her day. For more than a year nothing changed and this routine keeps on looping like how Lisa’s daily routine loops too. Nevertheless, every single day, no matter how these video calls happen, Jennie still finds herself smiling at their silliness and never gets tired of this for she knows herself; she misses home like no other.

 

And so the happy Jennie went back to her room to continue on with the call as she responds upon temporarily lying back down in her bed, “You guys look so happy today. Are you guys having lunch?”

 

“Yeah. We’re in the cafeteria right now.” Jisoo shortly responded.

 

However, the jolly Rose presented a lunch box neatly done in their table and said, “Jisoo-unnie made a lunch box for me! Isn’t she sweet? It’s the first time she made me one and it’s unbelievably good! But I’m sorry Jennie-unnie, this is only for me and I’m not going to share it with you!”

 

“Eh~ I see Chichu is doing well, huh? You can have it all to yourself Rosie. I’m sure our Chichu right there did her best to make that box only for you.” Jennie teased, giggling at her best friend’s flustered expression.

 

Jennie can see how her best friend madly blushed from her simple tease and loves the sight of it. Soon she’s being ignored as the two from the other line started childishly bickering with senseless things, randomly picking topics to argue with and she’s forgotten that she’s still on the line. Jennie didn’t mind though as she let them be like that. While it’s true that they talk every single day, this moment rarely happens and so Jennie lets them be.

 

Until Jisoo noticed Jennie is already containing her loud laughter from the other line, she hurriedly tapped Rose and both stopped from their futile quarrel which they don’t even remember how it started. This rarely happens but whenever it does, it turns a little awkward for the two but not to Jennie who can read what’s the real score between the two after all these days that have passed.

 

Jennie clears as she’s the one to break their awkward silence and cautiously asks, “You guys seem to be fine. How about Lisa, is she doing well?”

 

“You ask that every day to us when in fact you can just call her directly if you want to. I don’t even know why you refuse to call her. You know, Lisa keeps on asking us about you too, every day and every night before she sleeps.” Jisoo pointed out as she rolled her eyes.

 

Rose quickly agrees, “She’s just one call away unnie. What’s the deal by the way? You guys never told us yet.”

 

Certainly they are right. Jennie can reach out to Lisa whenever she wants to. She can hear her voice whenever she needs to. She can ask Lisa to see her face through a video call like this whenever she has to but she does nothing and keeps the zero communication since that night they separated ways. Yet, Jennie smiles at this thought and belatedly responds to her friends’ queries, “It’s secret…”

 

“Oh there she said it! She is saying the same thing as Lisa.” Jisoo groaned in annoyance. “Lisa also said the same thing when we tried to ask her. You guys sure are secretive despite of not talking with each other for more than a year now.” She then said.

 

“There are things that only we should know.” Jennie winked.

 

Yes, it’s been more than a year since Jennie last heard Lisa’s gentle voice that soothes her heart, her alluring voice that can relieve all her stress and anxieties. Jennie, nonetheless, is certain of this feeling she holds, this certainty that Lisa letting her feel even without her presence and her voice. Because of this feeling she strongly believes in, never once she faltered of her decisions and never once she looked back from moving ahead.

 

Rose then suddenly gasps as she remembers something and voices out, “Oh yeah unnie! I have good news for you! Lisa is going to London!”

 

“Ah! Now I remember! That’s what I was supposed to tell you first today!” Jisoo also realized late and so she informs her surprised best friend, “Some selected theater arts students will go to London for the London Korean Festival to perform! Have you heard of that? It’s one of the university’s theater arts students’ biggest achievements so far, to attend an overseas activity. The entire campus has been talking about it.”

 

“Oh… really?” Jennie initially reacted, a little muddled of the sudden information.

 

Just like Lisa, Jennie froze for a moment right there, unable to utter any more words as a response to this juicy information she just heard. Really, this never crossed her mind that sooner or later, they would be stepping on the same land again and that it never sparked in her mind that Lisa can achieve so high in such a short period of time. At the same time, she does believe in Lisa’s perseverance and never doubted at it, only that it surprises her on how reaching her dreams in the process can possibly bring them back together.

 

Jennie is thinking of those things while she let the conversation be on pause and she lets all these feels run through her. Though she verbally reacted short, a lot of words that cannot be voiced are rushing all through her nerves. After all these times that she’s missing her, after all these times that all she can do is to think of her and motivate her every day she feels so down, Lisa has been striving hard like what she was told she would do. For this, Jennie can only smile in so much delight and if only she can tell her how proud she is, then she could have perhaps whispered it into her ears.

 

“You know unnie…” Rose speaks more, turning their conversation into a more serious one in which garnered Jennie’s close attention. “…we were just with Lisa a while ago too but she left immediately because she has to attend another meeting regarding this London activity. Honestly, I expected her to be squealing like a kid when she found out she’s going to London. Well, she does look so excited when she came here to tell us too but not like that kind of Lisa who would normally get so hyperactive over it.”

 

“And you’re saying is that?” Jennie raised an eyebrow waiting for a continuation.

 

Jisoo takes over and states her side, “Lisa has grown up so much. She has become into someone who can handle things on her own now, unlike before when she would cry to us and get so helpless. I’m amazed on how quick she grasped into maturity. It’s all thanks to you, Jennie.”

 

“I see. So Lisa changed that much, huh?” Jennie warmly smiled at this picture of a capable Lisa forming in her mind.

 

“I know London is a big place but what if you’ll meet her? Are you ready? Will you be able to face her again?” Jisoo questioned.

 

Jennie jokingly answered, “Why should I waver? It would be great if we meet. I might even make out with her if I come across her.”

 

“Okay, whatever… you’re gross…”

 

But then Jennie turns steady saying, “But seriously, meeting her would be good. I don’t know if she’s been dying to see me too as much as I am though. At least once, I want to hold her hands again but I don’t even know if she feels the same way as I am. We didn’t promise anything before I left her, that’s why I’m wavering a bit whether she’d be as excited as I am when we meet again. However, for some reason, with all these things you guys have been telling me now about her, my trust for Lisa hasn’t lessen even for just a bit but then I wonder if it’s the same for her. It’s been more than a year after all.”

 

“Unnie, don’t worry about that. Lisa’s love for you is unconditional. Even she’s not telling us anything about what she feels for you but why would she work so hard like that if it’s not for the both of you, right? So cheer up!” Rose said raising her fist towards the screen.

 

“There you go again, thinking of unnecessary things like that. You promised me you won’t think like that anymore.” Jisoo pouted.

 

Jennie raises her free hand up and admits in a grimace, “Okay, I’m sorry. I just miss her so bad right now, especially that these people in my dorm keep on teasing me with that guy who’s been asking me out recently. I can’t help but to miss Lisa more.”

 

“We know that’s why just hold on in there. You’ll meet her soon.” Jisoo said to cheer up her saddened best friend.

 

Jennie walked towards her study table covered with papers and notes. Then at her right side is a table calendar that’s dirtied with marks like how Lisa’s calendar is and some notes and important reminders were stuck into it. All these days she has been counting, all these times she has been calculating every single day that passes by she misses Lisa and not a day goes by that she doesn’t think of Lisa’s love for her.

 

Jennie picks up one of her notes, checking her activity schedule for the next few months and grinned at its contents and thus she belatedly responds to her awaiting friends, “What a small world, huh? I can’t wait to meet her.”

 

Meanwhile, while Jennie works hard for her dreams and struggling to climb by herself, here are her parents supporting her from afar, working as hard as she does. Unlike years ago that the father would exclusively give his attention to nothing but work and business, this time he had changed like how his daughter did. For this time, despite of how hectic his schedule is, despite of how tired he can become due to unending meetings and paper works, he manages to search time for his wife and for his son who is as busy as him to get together for this dinner they used to spend separately.

 

During this harmonious dinner which everyone already got used to after these years of molding it together, the father opens up asking to his son, “Ji-yong, have you called Jennie? How is she? I haven’t heard anything from her these past few weeks.”

 

Ji-yong immediately nods replying, “Yes dad. She said there are a lot of things going on in their university right now but she said she’s fine. In fact, she told me to say hi to you.”

 

“Aish that girl…” The father grated. “All she can say is hi for me but when it comes to Lisa she asks so many things. She doesn’t even ask about us as much as she asks for Lisa. I’m going to give her a lesson when we’ll go visit her.” He then complained.

 

His wife teases as he’s manifesting this rare childish side of him, “C’mon, just admit it. You’re just jealous and that you’re just worried for her. It doesn’t hurt to admit those things dear. Moreover, you’re also worried for Lisa too, right? You even accepted the sponsorship that the university asked you.”

 

And the confused Ji-yong tries to clarify, “What sponsorship? I haven’t heard of that.”

 

“Selected theater arts students will go to London for the London Korean Festival this year and they are set to go to London in a week. One of the events is to let students showcase their talents and so Lisa was one of the chosen students to participate. And your father right here is one of the sponsors for their activity again.” The mother explained.

 

The father immediate defends in a high defensive tone, “I’m not sponsoring for Lisa. I’m doing it for my daughter just to make things clear here. If Jennie finds out that I didn’t do anything for Lisa, she might come back here to kill me. Also, I know Jennie would support Lisa too if she’s here that’s why I’m just doing it in her place.”

 

“Oh…” Ji-yong reacted late as he realized something that popped out of his mind.

 

“Why? Did we say something wrong?” The father asked in confusion of how his son is suddenly smirking at his seat.

 

Ji-yong brought out his phone to check his last conversation with his sister he saved. He quickly searched for the last e-mail he received and declared upon confirmation, “It seems like Jennie is attending the same festival that’s why she’s all busy these days preparing for it. University of London is one the participants too.”

 

“See?” The father ranted and jolted up his seat alarming all the servants around them. “She didn’t even tell us about that! I’m really going to discipline her for real once we meet. She’s not even updating us anymore about her activities! If Ji-yong didn’t tell us about it then when will we know?”

 

His wife gently pulls him back down and peacefully speaks, “Now, calm down dear. We can go there to support and watch her perform right? She might be thinking of it as a surprise or something. Don’t take it seriously.”

 

The parents argue but there’s Ji-yong thinking so contented ‘So they’ll reunite again. Such a coincidence, I never thought this would come one of these days.’ He chose to remain quiet in this seat while he tranquilly eats his dinner, letting their parents argue over the simplest things. Ever since that day Jennie walked out of this mansion, everything has changed in a good way, positively inspiring everyone which included their father who is now as childish as she is, supportive just like her and now a perfect father for them both.

 

Jennie left not for herself, not only for her own good but also for the benefit this family she cherished and Ji-yong being her brother knows that without saying. For more than a year that Jennie is missing in this mansion, the family realized how important her existence is and that’s what Jennie is trying to convey to everyone as well. For this family that Jennie values the most, she chose her own path, not looking back like what she vowed to do.

 

Until the day before Lisa’s departure came and she has to properly leave her part-time job for the mean time. She has earned reputation and a lot of respect not only to her manages but also to the regular customers of this diner she’s been working at ever since she stepped in this country. Up until this very day she was trusted of this job she thought she cannot do in her first day and as a result of her fruitful sacrifices, she made it to this day inching closer and closer to her dreams.

 

“Lisa, you can take your time out earlier today. You’re going to London tomorrow, right? You shouldn’t be stressing so much at this time.” Her manager said as she approached the hard-working Lisa at the counter area.

 

Lisa positively retorts, “Thank you very much. I’ll just finish off counting this and I’ll be off then.”

 

The manager then brought out a thick envelope out of his pocket. He grabbed Lisa’s hands and let her grip it and said, “Take this with you too. It’s a bonus from us. If you’re going to London then you need huge amount. You’ll need this for your extra expenses. But of course, that is not free. I’m expecting you to work with us still when you come back. You know, a lot of our customers love you so we just can’t let you off even if you’re just working as a part-time.”

 

Lisa resisted on accepting this obviously money-contained envelope but the manager left her in a hurry to evade her. She has earned this much admiration from the people around her to the point that everyone supports her now even financially. For all these days, for all these years, this is the great amount of support Lisa garnered because of her kind heart and warmth that brought light to everyone around he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter