Chapter 8 : Together Through Everything

We're Together as Job
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 8 Together Through Everything

 

No matter how fearless and brave a person is, no matter how courageous she is in battling through hardships in life alone, if its weakness is triggered then everything will deem unbearable. No matter how much the other coats her heart in cold, no matter how she hard she tries to freeze her emotions and blocks light from entering her mind, if she’s hit in her soft spot then the whole brick of ice coating will definitely break in one smash. With this being said, no matter how tough they strive through this unfair world, they will end up needing someone else to aid them, aid their hearts that requires warmth.

 

The most anticipated Sunday approached fast, the day that Lisa has been preparing for, more than how she prepares for her exams and studies. Carrying with her the shopping bags and satchel bag, Lisa makes her way to Rose’s lavish condo unit for the first time as she decided to seek assistance the night before. It’s a five-story building and Rose’s unit is on the third floor. Everything’s well-secured, starting from the entrance of the building wherein Lisa had to confirm her invitation from Rose herself up to the elevator wherein another security has to guide her all the way to Rose’s door. Not to mention, the entire building is spotless, not even single dirt can be stepped on or can be seen on the carpeted hallways.

 

“As expected from rich people, everything’s so perfect in here.” Lisa assumed after having plenty observation of the place as she now waits for Rose to open her white door.

 

“Sorry for answering late. I had to fix the place.” The door was opened by the panicked Rose still in her blue pajamas with low cut that made Lisa blush at the sight of her cleavage showing off a little.

 

Lisa clears , “Did I disturb you?”

 

“Oh no! It’s fine. I usually wear my pajamas until lunch since I don’t really go out every Sunday.” Rose said while loving the flustered expression from Lisa. “Anyway, come in. Please do feel at home. Don’t feel so reserved.”

 

Rose opened the door wide for Lisa to enter easily. The place is something that Lisa had imagined, a typical set-up for rich people where it’s centralized with air conditioner, there’s a huge flat screen TV with bouncy couches, then the pantry that equipped with latest technologies and the shiny shimmering floor that Lisa can see her own reflection down.

 

“Your place is really cool! I can’t believe you live alone in this huge place.” Lisa said in admiration while she roamed her eyes all around from the floor up to the ceiling where there’s the chandelier hanging freely.

 

“Don’t get amazed by this. If you’re already getting this astonished here, what more if you see Jennie-unnie’s place? Your eyes might not be able to capture everything. Their mansion is unimaginable.” Rose said.

 

Rose further led Lisa to her room after having enough view of the outside. She proudly presents her room that’s filled with her hobbies, like a guitar placed near her bedside, her dresser that’s covered with limited edition make-up sets, some books on her shelf with a personal computer near it then her bed that’s filled with huge pillows. In her study table is also full of her notes then a photo of her with Jennie and Jisoo on a frame. Lisa went out of words, feeling as if she’s in some kind of wonderland as everything around her sparkling. She adores all, she admires every single thing about Rose, about all the she have like she’s a complete set, a complete package kind of woman in Lisa’s eyes.

 

“No wonder why guys and admirers line up to her. Who wouldn’t fall in love with a woman who’s almost perfect like her?” Lisa murmured but her eyes still shining at the entire view, including Rose who also started shining to her sight.

 

Rose watched her roaming around at will as Lisa is manifesting her obvious amazement from every corner of her room. “You can sit on my bedside if you want.” She then broke Lisa’s deepening fantasies and she obeyed accordingly.

 

The obedient Lisa behaved herself at the bedside but moves on inquiring, “Don’t you get lonely living alone here?”

 

“I do.” Rose answered but her attention is onto something else, cleaning up pieces of trash she left by her table. “Of course I do that’s why I always go to Jisoo-unnie’s place to play and even sleep there most of the times to escape from this boredom. I just rent staff from this condo to do all the chores while I’m out. But for Sundays, I just stay here doing nothing since Jisoo-unnie has to attend some family matters and Jennie-unnie won’t wake up until lunch time then she would just go to clubs at night. So, I’m all by myself at times like this.”

 

There’s a sign of loneliness in Rose’s manifestation and Lisa didn’t let it slide. Lisa knows how it exactly feels to be alone and how it feels so suffocating to have no one but herself, especially in this foreign country they both revolve around and therefore for some reason she can sync in with Rose’s emotions. There are so many similarities between them that Lisa was able to effortlessly read Rose’s tone of isolation.

 

“Then…” Lisa raised her hand out of the blue and Rose watches her, waiting for a continuation of her sudden act. “…if it’s fine with you, I can accompany you every Sundays or hang out with you whenever you have no one to be with.” Lisa then finished with her resolute grin.

 

“Are you sure?” Rose asked.

 

Lisa nodded fast, “Yeah. I know precisely how you feel. And besides I’m also free every Sundays, only that I have to meet Jennie’s parents today.”

 

“If you insist then I’d be more than thankful to have you.”

 

The smile that Rose flashed made Lisa somewhat jumpy and excited. She has received thousands of smiles from her since they met but this time she feels more thrilled. Not knowing why and not knowing how to explain this excitement tickling her, Lisa flashes back the same kind and warm smile to Rose.

 

“Shall we start the make over? We have to do lots of trials so we should start this early. I don’t want to disappoint Jennie-unnie.” Rose pulled Lisa up from the bedside and placed her seated in front of her huge dresser. “I kind of have an idea about Jennie-unnie’s taste so I’ll try to transform you according to her likings.” She then twinkled through the mirror’s reflection.

 

“Don’t overdo it. I’m not really used wearing make-up.” Lisa said reluctant but Rose pretended she heard none as she began opening her kits and other stuffs that Lisa doesn’t know of.   

 

Hours passed by and the lazy Sunday for Jennie who is currently patrolling around the mansion is doing nothing but waiting for the night to come. However, particularly for this day that she’ll be welcoming a guest, Jennie has to properly check their servants’ work, from cleaning the living room, watering the plants in the garden and even goes room by room to make sure everything’s set. She leaves nothing behind and accurately checking at all corners of the mansion.

 

“Miss Jennie, your mom said she’ll be the one going out to buy the things we need for the dinner. She also said that she’ll be the one cooking for the dishes. What should we do?” The mansion’s chef met Jennie halfway by the second floor of the mansion.

 

Jennie rolled her eyes, “So she was serious when she said she’ll do it.”

 

“Will we let her?”

 

“Let her do what she wants, as if we can stop her right? Just make sure that my guest won’t be sitting beside my dad. Let her sit beside me or beside my brother. Don’t mess up with the table set-up, okay?” Jennie directly gave her strict order.

 

“You seem to be working extra hard today Miss Jennie. I heard that your guest will be your lover.” The chef observed as he detected Jennie’s unusual enthusiasm for the day.

 

“Well… yeah.” Jennie sneered by just the thought of Lisa’s dorky face alone. “It will be her first visit so I don’t want to give her wrong impressions. I don’t want to let her feel that she picked a wrong girlfriend.” She jabbered but then she straightway regretted upon the quick realization, “Wait, what the hell I just said?”

 

“I see. Very well, Miss Jennie. We’ll do our best to make your lover feel so welcomed. We won’t let you down. We’ll do our best.” The chef grinned at the blushing Jennie.

 

“H-hey! That’s not what I meant! Hey!” Jennie strained to correct herself but it’s too late as the man she’s talking with has hopped away.

 

Jennie rumbles in her way down to the first floor but temporarily at a standstill by the staircases when her phone rang multiple times because of consecutive messages coming from Rose. The first message contains, “Unnie, I’m doing my best with Lisa right now. Do you want to see?”

 

“Aren’t they being so serious with this? It’s way too early to prepare.” Jennie asked herself yet scrolled to the next message which contains photos of Lisa posing so confident, using the wall as her background.

 

Lisa in the picture is wearing the outfit that Jennie picked for her that night in the shopping district. She remembers how she was dragged into that second-hand store and ended up desperately searching for the perfect outfit that would fit Lisa’s character. Her black fitted long sleeves that she matched with white low-waist skinny jeans are too seamless for Jennie that she found herself nodding in satisfaction.

 

“Not bad but can you tie her hair up? But leave her bangs be. She looks cuter with her full bangs.” Jennie suggested as she replied to the message.

 

“Okay, copy unnie! Don’t you want to see her forehead unnie? I tried brushing it up and it’s cute too. I just saw it.” Rose replied back fast.

 

“No, thanks. You can have her forehead if you want to. Dad might get blind with her forehead.” Jennie sent with laughing emoticons at the end.

 

The next thing that Jennie received from Rose is a video wherein Lisa is seen pacing everywhere inside Rose’s room, faltering something that Jennie cannot comprehend at first but the caption however stated, “Here’s Lisa practicing her lines too unnie. She said she wants to greet your parents properly but she doesn’t know what to say yet so she’s like having rehearsals right now.”

 

“Well, okay. Let’s see…” Hence, Jennie put her phone to max volume to properly understand the contents of the video.

 

“Good evening. I’m Lalisa Manoban. Lisa for short. It’s so nice to meet you~” Lisa first make an attempt with that stroppy smile on her face. Not contented with her own tone, she scratched her head and started pacing around again for the second attempt, “Hi… I’m uhh… wait that sounds wrong. Hey Chaeng, how should I greet her parents by the way? Should I be casual, or should I bow and kneel like in those fairytales?”

 

“Yah Lisa, keep calm. They’re not going to eat you or something! Why so stiff?” Rose who’s taking the video is laughing hard at Lisa’s nervous gestures, from fidgeting her fingers to rubbing her palms together to make them warm from tension.

 

“I don’t want to shame Jennie, okay? What if they’ll criticize her for having a lover like me? I heard her father is strict too so I need to perform well in front of them. This is more nerve wracking than performing for the upcoming university’s foundation day I think.” Lisa said and again started mumbling her dialogues while patrolling back and forth.  

 

Jennie laughed loud that the servants doing their own respective tasks twisted their baffled heads to her, as it’s their first time to hear her emitting such harmonious fun. Lisa looks like she’s going to perform some kind of stage play from the way she appears in the video, as some of her motions and stances are too exaggerated to happen in real life.

 

“Is she really that tense to meet them? Tell her she doesn’t have to do that. I’ll be the one to back her up in case she’ll get speechless.” Jennie reacted while giggling then replays the video all over again to make fun of Lisa’s jumbling words she cannot pronounce right.

 

“Don’t worry unnie. I’ll take care of her. I’ll also ask my driver to drop her off in there so that she won’t get lost and late.”

 

“Thanks Chaeyoungie~” Jennie said last before she progresses on jogging down the mansion but this time with all smile and ultimately in a good mood.

 

Jisoo, later that day, is currently in the hospital that their family owns. Accompanying her mother who’s doing her usual rounds as a doctor, she’s making herself busy as well by observing that the medical field works. She does the same thing every Sundays and this has become a habit for her, enjoying it at the same time nonetheless. The patients have become familiar to her and the hospital staffs have been greeting her regularly, although she once asked not to.

 

“Jisoo…” Her mother called out while they lodge the elevator by themselves, going down to the ground floor. “You can go now my dear. It seems like we don’t have much patients for today so there’s nothing to do more. Besides, I’ll be heading back home soon too.”

 

“No mom, it’s alright. I got nothing to do too. I’ll stay here and walk around some more.”

 

“Are you sure you’re not forcing yourself?” The worried mother asked.

 

Jisoo linked her arms with her mother to guarantee, “Trust me mom. I’m not. Soon I’ll be taking over this hospital and I think it’s only right for me to actually see and experience this kind of setting while I’m still a student. Sundays are just so boring if I’d just stay at home doing nothing.”

 

“If you say so~” Her mother hummed. “Anyway, why aren’t you with Jennie today? She sometimes escorts you. She barely visits us these past few weeks here. Did something happen?”

 

“Well, she got some important errands to attend. She has a guest to welcome today.” Jisoo sighed as she checked on her phone but still got no message or any update from her best friend.

 

“Oh~ Jennie found someone more important than you, her best friend?” Her mother teased.

 

As a return, Jisoo playfully spanked her mother by her back and laughed it off, “Mom that’s not funny. It’s not like I can force that Jendeukie to tag along with me all the time. She hates the smell of hospitals too.”

 

“Whatever you say~” Her mother though kept on teasing until the elevator’s door opened and left her pouting daughter alone in the hallway to go on with her own tasks.

 

Jisoo just grumbled and went the opposite way, going to the lobby where she’s supposed to be planning on standing by. However, upon arriving at the lobby, her eyes tracked a familiar figure of a woman making its exit out of the hospital, going to the taxi bay. She hastily ambled to pursuit the woman she thought she recognizes. Her hair is the same length as hers and her slender body is something that Jisoo can identify the most. Even though she only perceived the woman’s back view, she knows so well that she saw the right person who popped out in her mind.

 

“Nayeon!” Jisoo panted as she exasperated to chase the taxi where the woman whom she called by her name entered but it’s too late, the taxi drove fast out of her sight. 

 

“What’s wrong Miss Jisoo?” A hospital staff saw her panting by the exit and caught her trying to call out a name.

 

“That woman who just took the taxi, do you know her?” Jisoo questioned and the staff nodded for confirmation. “She’s Im Nayeon, what is she doing here?”

 

“Ah yeah. She just logged as a visitor of one of our patients. I was the one who attended her a while ago too. And speaking of that, she also asked about you. I told her you’re here and asked if I’ll call you for her but she asked me not to.” The staff informed.

 

“How about Jennie? Did she ask about Jennie? Did she mention anything about Jennie?” Jisoo again asked breathlessly.

 

“Not really.”

 

After dismissing the staff, Jisoo breathed in relief as she sits by the stairs’ corner, “She’s back. But why?”

 

The most awaited night came, one of the nights in Lisa’s entire life which probably she won’t forget. Using Rose’s car with the driver safely dropping her off right in front of Jennie’s place, in front of this tall gate way higher than she pictures, there’s Lisa left standing immobile. Her eyes move from left to right, but not her body that stayed rock in her position. Her heart is beating so loud and the beats doubled that she’s starting to lose her confident composure she used to manifest back in Rose’s place. The trainings and the drills she did back in Rose’s place felt like unworkable now that she’s in the actual place.

 

“Hey loser!”

 

Lisa heeded Jennie hissing as she’s seen coming out of the gate and finally she’s able to move her head to meet her girlfriend. Lisa thought that with Jennie’s presence, she could calm down a bit but that’s not the case especially after seeing her wearing such y outfit; rigged shorts, cropped long sleeves top to show off her slim waist and that trademark long straight hair.

 

“Gosh, she’s so hot.” Lisa felt like having a nosebleed that she covered her nose to stop it.

 

“Quit ogling at me like you’re some kind of erting old man! Let’s go. We’ve been waiting for you.” Jennie pulled her solid lover inside the mansion.

 

Like what Rose has described to Lisa, the mansion is unimaginable like it only exists on movies and fictions. Lisa thought Rose only exaggerated but personally stepping and seeing the mansion made her realized that every single thing that was told is true. The servants welcomed them by the mansion’s main door but some can be seen looking down at Jennie’s hands that are wrap on her arms acting so clingy in front of everyone to show off.

 

“Oh Lisa~ welcome!” The first person to approach them by the living room is Ji-yong with that huge grin on his face directing towards Jennie. “Dad and mom are coming. They were just informed of your arrival.”

 

“And you waited for us?” Jennie raised an eyebrow.

 

“Of course I did. If I didn’t welcome you first and immediately let Lisa to meet dad then we might mess this up. We don’t want to get busted right?” Ji-yong rustled close to the couple.

 

“Excuse me but is your father really that… scary or something?” Lisa forced out a laugh to lighten her heavy feeling.

 

“Even Jennie right here gets freak out with him sometimes.” Ji-yong chuckled and this didn’t do anything good to Lisa’s tensed self.

 

Jennie s her hands down to Lisa’s to intertwine it together. Lisa was jolted up a little at the contact as she didn’t expect that Jennie’s hand would be as cold and as stiff as hers. She also tightened the grip to stop Lisa’s tremble a little bit and squeezed it a little just to warm her up.

 

“Even I am as nervous as you are. Just relax, okay? I’ll just be here to help you. This will only happen once and after this, we can celebrate.” Jennie whispered and gently smiled at Lisa’s apparent tensed face.

 

Jennie’s words sounded so reassuring that Lisa somehow found calmness. She returned back the same tight hold and breathed all her nervousness out from , “Yeah. We can do whatever we want after this.”

 

A door from the second floor opened and Jennie’s parents came out of it at last. Lisa first exchange quick glance with the father whose sharp eyes are darting towards her. She cannot afford to make eye contact with him for a split second and ended up immediately avoiding those eyes that fire straight to her nerve. Opposite to the father, the mother screamed as she covered in excitement upon seeing Lisa in person for the first time. She got so excited that she left her husband behind and marched down from the spiral stairs to give the rattled Lisa her tight embrace of welcome.

 

“Nice to meet you! I never thought that you’ll be this lovely in person!” The excited and proud mother introduced herself while holding onto Lisa’s stiffed shoulders and smiling so bright at her.

 

“G-g-g-good evening. N-n-nice to meet you too ma’am. I’m L-L-Lisa M-manoban!” Lisa hardly uttered due to the mother’s close distance to her face.

 

Jennie pushed her mother and came in between them as she protests, “Geez mom, you’re scaring her!”

 

Ji-yong noticed how their father hasn’t spoken a single word yet and merely standing behind his wife while giving Lisa his bad looks. Those unpleasant looks and that hostile silence from him, Ji-yong started to feel bad and feel uneasy. He tried giving Jennie a signal through glimpses but she’s way too busy calming their excited mother away from the shy and uncomfortable Lisa.

 

“Dear, come here. Don’t just stand there and meet Lisa.” The mother finally said and pulled her husband closer to the couple that suddenly got alerted in their stand.

 

Lisa still cannot find the courage to exchange eye contacts with this tall and powerful man releasing an unexplainable aura that’s pulling her down. With one of her hands still intertwined with Jennie, she took a big gulp before pronouncing really bad, “G-g-good evening sir. I’m L-L-Lisa. N-nice to meet you.”

 

“Nice to meet you too.” He unexpectedly replied but with such a deep tone that can drown Lisa. He also extended his arms for a formal handshake and Lisa hurriedly accepted it with her sweaty palms.

 

“Why do I feel so uncomfortable?” Jennie thought as she observes the gazes from her father, so wicked like a demon readying to eat Lisa anytime now.  

 

“This is bad. Dad is planning something.”  Ji-yong sensed the same and lastly he caught Jennie’s worried eyes at him. “Even Jennie is feeling it. There’s no doubt, dad got something on his sleeves. We need to do something or else this would be Lisa’s worst night.”

 

The mother clapped her hands and removed the dead air causing the tension and announced so joyous, “Okay, enough with the introductions. Shall we proceed for dinner? I prepared everything myself and we can continue our conversation while eating. Will that be fine with you Lisa?”

 

“Y-yes. No problem.” Lisa smiled comfortably to the mother but instantly went back to her expressionless face when she inadvertently shifted her eyes at the father again.

 

All proceeded to the dining area where everything’s prepared. As usual, the servants are present to watch them eat together at the long table. And like what was instructed, Lisa was seated beside Jennie, and luckily there’s also Ji-yong in front of her. The center was of course occupied by the mansion’s King and with the Queen in his right side and Jennie in his left side. There are only five of them yet the pressure is so heavy for the couple in trial.

 

“I hope you’ll like the dishes I made Lisa. I asked Jennie what I should prepare for you but she’s so stubborn and said I can prepare anything.” The mother graciously said and offered the dishes she made namely Italian spaghetti with garlic bread, fillets, mixed rice, soup and other western food she thought of.

 

Lisa just kept on nodding her head with her forced out smile but her voice isn’t coming out properly and these bizarre acts didn’t dodge Jennie’s inspections. Jennie knew that Lisa isn’t being herself and overly taken over by her nervousness, mainly because of her father that’s still giving her such cold shoulders. Then there’s Ji-yong giving her a sign, mouthing “Do something” to her to add some more burden.    

 

Jennie shakes off her shaky hands as she starts her acting with her sweet expression, “Hey Lisa, what do you want? Do you want some spaghetti? Should I put some in your plate? C’mon, don’t be shy.”

 

Jennie gave Lisa a pinch by her legs to wake up her trembling nerves and so the pained one responded, “Y-yeah. I’d love to. T-thank you Jennie.”

 

“You’re such a girlfriend material Jen~” Ji-yong teased while he contains his laughter and watching Jennie from across the table serving Lisa with a plate full of spaghetti.

 

“Shut up!” The flushing Jennie barked at her brother.

 

“God this is so awkward!” Lisa screamed inside as the dull dinner goes on.

 

“Do you really call each other by your first names? I was expecting that you’ll be calling each other with something more special.” The mother makes a remark out of the blue as she enjoys Lisa’s presence so much, unlike her husband who’s totally the other way around.

 

Jennie choked at her mother’s sudden comment as she didn’t see it coming from her. Same goes for Lisa, faking her cough and looking everywhere hoping to find an excuse and a fast comeback to avoid blowing up their covers. And since the mother’s expectant eyes are directed to Lisa, she has to be the one to return in behalf of Jennie.

 

“A-about that…” Lisa cleared and looked at Jennie to her side but she’s unluckily staring down at her food and couldn’t ask for any assistance. So she decided to babble whatever comes into her vivid mind, “J-jennie wanted to me to call her by her name and I just followed what she wanted. Besides, I think calling someone by her first name is the sweetest thing. We don’t need such special names or any endearments as long as I know I can protect her by all means.”

 

Jennie even knowing that it’s purely a scripted thought coming out from Lisa, she hideously blushed that she had to lower down her head to hide her puffy cheeks from burning red. While the mother giggles at Lisa’s greatest comeback for the night, this remark from Lisa switched the fire flaming inside the father’s blood, activating the fuel that he’s been trying to save the whole time.

 

“I’m amazed that someone like you can actually date my daughter.” The father at long last breaks out from his silence and this caught everyone’s attention as they all looked at him in terror, especially Jennie who’s preparing for a war.

 

“Y-y-yeah.” Lisa rejoined short as she herself doesn’t know what and how to reply to that statement.

 

“So tell me, why are you dating my daughter?” The father started and goes on with more questions as he glared at Lisa like, “Why do you like my daughter? What do your parents do; their job, income and their backgrounds? I’m sure that you’re aware of how our family runs by now so this information I’m asking you is a common sense to be asked. Don’t be surprised.”

 

“Dad, that’s just—“

 

“I’m not talking to you Ji-yong! I’m talking to this young lady over here that can’t seem to find her composure since she entered this mansion. She must be hiding something.” The father cut off Ji-yong as he tried to in and save Lisa.

 

“Dammit, why is that so sharp about these things? Don’t tell me he already noticed our covers!” Jennie frantically thought and now cannot sit still in her place and even s her hands from under the table to Lisa’s clenched fists by her lap.

 

“What kind of question is that sir? Are you seriously asking me why I’m dating your daughter?” Lisa exhaled with her eyes closed, more like she’s disappointed of what were asked to her.

 

“Eh?” That’s everyone’s initial reaction, including the servants gathered around, as they didn’t expect that Lisa would fearlessly say something that taken aback the vigilant father. Ji-yong couldn’t also believe it that he stopped munching his food just to give Lisa his shocked eyes. And if there’s one person who’s shaken the most with Lisa’s return, that would be Jennie who’s unbelievably giving Lisa her falling chin with two widening eyes.

 

“Isn’t it because I love her?” Lisa questioned and this time she gathered enough courage to return the father’s glares towards her. “I’m dating her simply because I love her, sir. And if you ask me why I love her then I got no reason for that. Loving someone doesn’t need a reason, I believe. And yes, I do know how your family runs and how it works so perhaps, I’m guessing that you already know my background, including my parents.” The fearless Lisa went on saying, battling intense fuming glares with the father.

 

The father evilly laughed at her and said, “As expected from someone who aced the scholarship entrance exam. All my data about you seem to be perfect. You’re smart and straightforward. It seems like I underestimated you.”

 

“Dad, you investigated Lisa’s background?” Jennie butted in as she starts to fire up as well. “Well, that’s no surprise that you even asked your people to tail us at the shopping district last time.”

 

“Dear, what did you do again?” The upset wife asked her wicked husband in his huge devilish smirk.

 

The father though ignored his family’s words as he continues on attacking with Lisa using his power, “Because you love my daughter? That’s ridiculous! Don’t dare you play dumb with me Lalisa Manoban.”

 

“Dad, that’s enough!” Ji-yong pleaded but the man in control didn’t let anyone to stop him.

 

“Aren’t you just manipulating my daughter because of our wealth?”

 

“Excuse me?” The offended Lisa raised her eyebrow and gritted her teeth together, controlling her emotions from coming out.

 

“Yes, you’re right. I investigated about you ever since I saw you hanging out with my daughter at the shopping district. I do know your parents’ work and how poor you live in Thailand. Honestly, I’m even surprised that your father works under our company as one of our assistant developers. Your mother doesn’t even have any job despite of how poor you are. Truth to be told, your parents aren’t that competitive enough.” The father frankly insulted.

 

“Not… competitive…” Lisa, in the midst of tears attempted to fight back from the ongoing insults but clogged and words failed her.

 

The father isn’t done yet and so his abuses carry on, “In short, aren’t you dating my daughter because of fortune, for our wealth and for money? You only want her money and power so that you can lift up your useless parents and your penniless life out of the trash?”

 

“For God’s sake dad, stop it!” The fed up Jennie roared her loudest as she trembled in anger. “What the hell are you saying? Just what the fu—“

 

“Is that how to really view us?” Lisa burst o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter