Chapter 15 : Our New Job

We're Together as Job
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: MUST READ! 

Okay so this update is way too long. It's like two chapters combined. So if you have other things to do or to finish, you better do it first before you read.

WARNING: This chapter contains scenes that are not suitable for young and innocent readers. Parental Guidance is advised. LOL.

Basically, this chapter contains /rated scenes BUT NOT ALL. I decided to add some because I read some comments that they don't mind having one at all and some wants me to include this scene. So, I decided to write one. But please pardon me if the scene is badly written. It's my first time to write such scene and I honestly had a hard time putting it in words. Maybe imagining the scene is easy for me but to write it, it's surprisingly difficult.So I apologize in advance.

AND! The rated scene isn't really that explicit I have to say. I did use some words that are you know... a little straightforward but not entirely. I don't even know if I'll call it or not. Haha!

Anyway, for my readers that aren't really into scenes, you can actually skip that part. I MARKED THE RATED SCENE IN RED. So if you come across that as you read, you can just scroll it down until you'll reach the last red font. Even if you read the rated part or not, it won't affect the flow of the story at all. The rated scene is just some kind of "fan service" for those who asked for it.

I hope you'll enjoy this chapter. Have fun. :)

RED MARK = RATED SCENE

=============================================

Chapter 15 Our New Job

 

Love doesn’t need to be perfect to work. It just has to be real and true. It is going to be difficult during the process but it’s real. It is going to hurt but it’s real. It’s going to be troublesome but it’s real. It’s going to be complex but it’s real. All that love need is the authenticity and the trust and a pinch of conflict to make it stronger and to test its faithfulness. Love might sound easy as the word itself sounds like but that’s not how it supposed to be. Love is supposed to be worth it.

 

Mornings haven’t been this bright. Mornings haven’t been this warm and heartfelt before. This morning is just filled with love wandering in the air. For a new couple that has newly found love, this sunny morning that has undergone a rainy yet meaningful evening is yet so far, the best morning to wake up to. In this bed that witnessed their steaming love, here they are clasped together in each other’s warmth.

 

The first to wake up is the petite one, Jennie who awakens by the beam of sun rays passing through her curtained windows. It’s not her typical morning to wake up to, and definitely not her usual morning when she wakes up all alone in this huge bed. As she clears her mind and vision, she recollected her current state. Wrapped around her and exposed body is her thick blanket with an arm that’s closely holding on to her bare waist. Serving as her pillow is the other arm that’s broad yet so comfortable to rest on to. And lastly attached to her is someone who’s on the same condition as her, bare and exposed while she’s being spooned and embraced from behind under the same blanket.

 

“Good morning.”

 

Whispering so close to Jennie’s ears is a husky yet alluring voice of a person. She’s so close that her lips brush against her ears, tickling her in such a way it turned her on at some point. Jennie snickered at the contact, leaning closer backwards to this body grinded against hers. The warm of their joint bodies is absolutely what Jennie loves, not wanting to let it go as she held tight onto that arm wrapped around her waist.

 

“Good morning, Lisa.” Jennie greeted back smiling with her eyes closed to relish the moment.

 

Jennie’s sweet morning voice gave frenzy to Lisa’s tired mind and body. The soreness in her painful back doubled because of the last night’s love but cared not as long as she has this woman of her dreams comfortably resting in her arms. Though her eyes are still half-opened, she can see Jennie’s perfect back attached against her front, her morning hair that’s creased and her shoulders that are so slender but worth a kiss.

 

“Were you able to sleep well?” Lisa quietly asked in a soft whisper then she planted a long tender kiss on Jennie’s bare shoulder blades that’s been tempting her.   

 

Groaning, Jennie lazily replies, “Yeah…”

 

Lisa finds her y but cute as she answered short. Although she cannot see her morning face just yet, it’s more than enough for her to enjoy this intimate moment they share. Thus, Lisa tautens her hold and pulls her love closer to her as she starts to shower her with morning kisses, from her nape and lightly pecking her by the side of her neck.

 

Lisa’s soft kisses made Jennie moan faintly in her half-sleep. She’s trying to resist this arousal however as she attempts to fight back in an annoyed groan, “What the hell Lisa… we just woke up…”

 

“I just missed you while I was sleeping.” Lisa playfully said, not letting go and not stopping with her little morning games.

 

Lisa’s mild wet kisses travelled farther, going down from her neck descending to her arms. Jennie didn’t mind nonetheless as she lets Lisa do whatever she wants to and chose to enjoy this excitement crawling in her veins. But then the moment Lisa’s lips found its way back to her exposed neck, Jennie felt her teeth gnawing hard on her skin, making her to yelp lowly, “Ouch! What’s that for?”

 

Lisa tugged her head back a little as she smirked at the red mark she created and proudly declared, “I’m just marking my property.”

 

Jennie feels embarrassed at her remark, not seeing that one coming out from Lisa whom she had thought a conservative woman who cannot say such words. Hence, the thrilled Jennie finally decided to turn around and meet Lisa face-to-face, an inch away from each other’s face and feeling each other’s breath sweeping against their morning faces.

 

“Damn, you look awful…” Jennie laughed upon realizing Lisa’s face is wrecked in stress and looks so beaten up.

 

“Yeah but you love it.” Lisa teased as she quickly stole a kiss by her nose.

 

Jennie fixes Lisa’s hair strands stuck on her face to have a clearer view of this woman she now owns. Staring at her lovingly, Jennie acclaims with a sweet , “You did great last night.”

 

“You too.” Lisa returned in a titter.

 

Jennie softly chuckles, “I barely did anything last night. You’re the one in control. You didn’t even let me touch you much.”

 

Lisa has known this woman’s soft spot especially after last night’s dance. Taking advantage of this, Lisa moves to her ears, giving her earlobes a tender bite before hissing seductively, “Hearing you my name was enough.”

 

That was too much for Jennie to handle and too much for her to contain her urges. She couldn’t find anything for a comeback and let her blood move all the way up to her face making it so red she became a tomato. Shortly, they ended up laughing together at their morning flirtatiousness and Jennie moved over on top of Lisa, pinning her hard with her hands she held up her head.

 

“You’re so naughty!” Jennie whined.

 

Their laughter stopped as both are captivated with this moment. Lisa watches Jennie sitting on top of her, smiling down at her enticingly. Jennie’s perfect curves are so tempting; her bare skin that looks so soft like a baby’s powdered skin is so appealing that her hands automatically released from Jennie’s hold and found its way to have a touch of it, roaming her hands from her belly up to her chest where it stopped. Her moist lips are so inviting too she wants to have it for her breakfast.

 

“Is this real? I mean us, being together with you right here with me, that I can hold you this much and that I’m having you in my arms, all of this is real, right? Please tell me I’m not dreaming but if I am please don’t wake me up just yet.” Lisa fathomed while fondly staring at those dreamy eyes of Jennie.

 

Jennie bends down meeting Lisa’s parted lips. She planted a long deep kiss before she upholds in a huge smile, “It’s real Lisa. We’re real, we’re here together and this is happening.”

 

Upon hearing that affirmation, Lisa wasted no time and pulls Jennie back to her ravenous lips, capturing it once again hungrily. Being on top this time signs Jennie for dominance as she boldly crushes Lisa’s face with her wet kisses and nails that are scratching down from her chest down to her toned abdomen. Lisa can only respond in loud sighs of pleasure, giving Jennie all the authority she desired.

 

Trailing down her kisses from Lisa’s lips, Jennie routes to her neck using her icy to which Lisa immediately gave in to as she groaned in trance. Lisa gave Jennie a full access of her neck, making it easy for the woman in control to nibble that flesh she perfectly spotted. Unlike Jennie who groaned in pain as she was bitten, Lisa moaned in so much delight. Unlike Jennie who dug her nails onto her back the previous night to pour out her pleasure, Lisa tightly held her love closer to her heating body to take out all these emotions radiating all over her.   

 

“Now we’re the same.” Jennie traced the mark she created on Lisa’s neck that’s reddening yet good to see.

 

Jennie bounces a teasing bite by Lisa’s upper lip. She smiled triumphant knowing that Lisa would be impatient craving more from her, solely basing from her irregular breathing pattern puffing she wants more than that. However Jennie’s teases didn’t last long for she’s as greedy as Lisa is. She parted her lips as well for Lisa to give her an admission extending her wild kisses and . They became breathless but only needed a split second to catch up before digging back again.  

 

The time isn’t an issue; it isn’t a factor for them not to pour out this love they want to convey with each other. They are aware of the time yet it didn’t stop them from streaming their genuine hearts out. Both are in so much passion and arousal that they began to demand for more, more than what they had the night before, especially for Jennie who wasn’t given the chance to lead the love.

 

“Jennie~ Lisa~ it’s getting late! Breakfast is ready!” The mother herself came to knock onto her daughter’s room.

 

The couple immediately and was forced to stop from what they are doing, both letting go of the hold they never planned to do so anytime soon as the worried mother was heard knocking. Lisa grumbled in disappointment that it has to end and left her stimulation hanging while Jennie just laughed at her frustrated expression, loving on how she wanted it so much that she needed to curse under her breath.

 

Planting her last kiss before moving out on top Jennie held, “Let’s continue next time.”

 

The childish Lisa still pulled Jennie for a back hug demanding, “When is next time?”

 

“Gosh Lisa! From here on we’ll always be together. Next time is anytime we want to, okay?” Jennie hissed and again smirked at Lisa’s pouting lips.

 

Lisa couldn’t argue and demand more as Jennie already got off from her and went on her wardrobe to grab a new outfit to wear. While Lisa stays bare on the bed still, she dotingly watches Jennie changing in front of her full-bodied mirror and thinking on how blessed she is that this perfect woman who’s almost near impossible to have is actually as madly in love to her as she is.

 

For it is Sunday and has expected everyone to be on their own errands, Rose is all alone. She’s back to her old boring weekend life when she smiles with herself, she has fun with herself and she has to deal with no one but herself. Everything is back to her plain and dull self. Looking at her dresser where she did make over for Lisa undeniably hits her as she misses those times. Those specific times when Lisa would come to rescue her gloomy day to make it bright might not come anymore as she has given up and accepted defeat.

 

“I guess it can’t be helped.” Rose sighed and later left her room to roam around her spacious place.

 

Rose thought no one would save her from loneliness and all she had thought is that she’ll be back to her old life and be drowned into the darkness. Nevertheless, never once she thought that someone else, not Lisa, can make her day bright too, as bright as how Lisa did, perhaps brighter than how Lisa made it for her. Not until someone rings her doorbell, a rare occasion on a Sunday to disturb her dull day.

 

Wondering and a little puzzled for this sudden visit as she’s not expecting anyone for this Sunday, Rose hesitated at first but then another set of rings came instantly. “Who is it?” And thus, Rose shouted from afar but still got no response.

 

Cautiously, Rose approached her door and looks through the monitor of whoever is ringing her doorbell. Unfortunately, her mysterious visitor is covering its face with a basket full of fruits making it hard for her to distinguish. Having no other choice as she has no idea at all, she opens her door but not too wide.

 

“Surprise~” Her visitor revealed her face hiding behind that basket with a full smile and later laughed at Rose’s shocked expression.

 

“Jisoo-unnie!”

 

Rose smiled wide as Jisoo who appears to be her visitor. Jisoo has been visiting her frequently since she was sick but since it’s Sunday, Rose didn’t foresee this surprise visit from her. She’s in so much joy that she lost her words and just stood there sharing wide smiles with Jisoo who also stands there outside waiting to be welcomed.

 

“Yah, aren’t you going to say anything? This is heavy you know.” Jisoo finally spoke out after receiving no response nor greet from the stunned Rose. Then handing over the basket, she further said, “It’s a present for your fast recovery.”

 

Rose shakes her muddled head off and replied as she gladly accepted the heavy yet thoughtful gift, “Oh, s-s-sorry unnie. I was just surprised. I didn’t expect you’d come. I mean, why are you here? Aren’t you supposed to be at the hospital to help your parents?”

 

“Well, I was just thinking that you might be lonely and I thought you might need some company right now. You see, I realized Lisa might not be coming for you on Sundays anymore so I decided to drop by and visit you. I already told mom that I can’t accompany her today so it’s alright.” Jisoo reservedly admitted, looking away while whistling to somehow lessen the discomfort.

 

Rose was definitely touched with Jisoo’s care and couldn’t help but to flush at her words. Although Jisoo has been always this caring towards her, or even towards Jennie and Lisa, this extraordinary care she shows is a thing that Rose cherishes. Her kindness, her consideration and her perseverance, all that Jisoo has been solely giving her these days, Rose has been thankful for it all the time, yet more pleased and grateful this time as it unquestionably moved her dull heart.

 

And to return Jisoo’s clarifications, Rose lowly said, “I’m used to a boring Sunday unnie. I’ve always been alone every Sundays even before Lisa came and happened to me.”

 

“Then, how about we change your Sunday from now on?” Jisoo offered with a huge grin.

 

Rose in confusion questions, “What do you mean unnie?”

 

“Let’s hang out together, like how you used to do it with Lisa. Well, only that you’ll have more fun if you’re with me for sure. I already came all the way here, so why not spend the whole day together?” Jisoo boasted and laughed.

 

Jisoo’s direct offer only made Rose’s flushing cheeks to get worse as it creeps all over her face. Thankfully, Jisoo seemed not to notice any of her odd reactions and so Rose thought. “Y-yeah, sure unnie. I’d love to. But I still have to prepare. Can you wait for me inside?” She then agreed jumpy.

 

“Of course.” Jisoo beamed.

 

Jisoo for the first time she closely paid attention to Rose’s attitude and personality. They have been friends ever since she moved to the city and have been always together since Jennie and Lisa met. They are always being left out and ended up being brought together by fate but Jisoo had her eyes only on Jennie and never she once tried to look at others around her. She was so engrossed with watching over Jennie that she failed to see this other beauty’s potentials. And now Rose captured her awareness and stole the spotlight, Jisoo can now confidently think, “If Jennie found hers, I can find my own happiness too.”

 

Back to the mansion, the couple revealed themselves from everyone, their fulfilled yet worn-out morning faces. As they both went straight to the dining room for their full set breakfast, the maids, Jennie’s mother and even Ji-yong who sits across them can only watch them wide-eyed and shock on how fast and on how quick they munch their foods like wild beasts that came out of their dungeons. Evidently, both are hungry that they don’t talk a single word and their attention is completely fixed on finishing from one plate to another.

 

“Geez, what’s with you guys that you’re so hungry?” Ji-yong asked but watching them contented.

 

With full of rice, Lisa blabbered unclear, “We’re tired.”

 

“Tired? Tired from what? You just slept all night and you didn’t even come down to grab some dinner.” The curios mother who’s standing from behind tended closer.

 

Jennie almost choked because of her mother’s comment then looks over to her side giving Lisa a death glare from her careless answer. So to cover up for Lisa’s simple yet notable mistake, Jennie jabbers, “W-what she meant is we were tired from yesterday’s happenings. Like… you know… I was all out yesterday… she came to fetch me at the restaurant and we got soaked from the rain and everything. And yeah… we’re still somewhat tired…”

 

The evil Ji-yong teases, “Oh really… I thought I heard you screaming Lisa’s name last night around past midnight when I happened to pass by your room.”  

 

It’s Lisa’s turn to get choked and blush in humiliation, thanks a lot to Ji-yong’s teases while Jennie threw him her deadliest glare as she mouthed, “Shut up or else I’ll slit your throat!”

 

To escape from the grill and hot seat, Jennie thought of changing the topic over to Ji-yong by interrogating him, “What about you oppa? Where were you last night that you came back late?”

 

And Ji-yong honestly answers while munching, “I went to finish off dad’s effort of searching the perpetrator. I went to meet Nayeon at her hideout.”

 

“Nayeon?” Lisa wondered and looked over at Jennie whose expression darkened at once. “Why? What’s with Nayeon?” She then still asked in incomprehension.

 

Ji-yong shifts his attention to Lisa as he finished off his own plate and explains it himself in behalf of Jennie, “Do you remember those photos I showed you last time, those photos of you and Chaeyoung? When dad received those, he immediately asked his men and some private investigators to track the source down, the mastermind of all the mess you’ve gone through. As a result, it ended up to be Nayeon. It was unexpected since we trusted her and we thought she changed. Unfortunately, it appears that she really intended on taking revenge and doesn’t plan to change. I already warned her not to touch any of you, but still you have to be careful.”

 

The fact maddened Lisa and began throwing outbursts in her stand, “I knew it! I knew that can never be trusted! She reeks of evil ever since I first saw her! I should have known she’ll do that mess and could have stopped her wickedness! That damn woman, how she dared to ruin our life! I’m going to kill her and throw her head off the river!”

 

Jennie follows up, “I knew it was Nayeon and it was her who told me about it during the Foundation Day. It’s just that I didn’t expect dad would conduct some investigation though.”

 

“So you’ll just let Nayeon go and let it slide after all the trouble she gave you?” Lisa irritably questioned.

 

“My, my…” The mother butted in and pushed Lisa back to her sit. “Calm down and relax Lisa. Everything’s solved now so let’s just forget whoever that girl is, okay? At least, there’s a good thing that resulted from that woman’s plans. Your love for my daughter was tested, you fought for it and you didn’t give up. By the end of the day, we lost nothing, isn’t it?” She then tried to cheer.

 

The couple stayed still and felt shy from the mother’s interpretations. She’s right, if Nayeon didn’t do such devilish plan, who knows how they would be by this time, who knows if Lisa completely fell for Rose and who knows if Jisoo made her move and got Jennie in her arms instead and who knows if they would even admit their true feelings for each other. The mother is right, Nayeon’s acts brought them together, made them stronger and they have won the battle, regardless of the fact that her plans were originally made to tear them apart.

 

“Ma’am…”  A servant came and asked for Jennie’s attention. “…Your father is already on his back here. According to his driver, they’ll arrive in an hour.”

 

“Oh, he’s pretty early. I thought he’ll be back later today.” Ji-yong commented.

 

Jennie sadly looked at Lisa who’s looking as unhappy like she is and undesirably asks, “So, will you be going now?”

 

“Yeah. Your dad might kill me if he sensed something. You know, he might see this…” Lisa hissed and pointed at the love mark Jennie created by her exposed neck.   

 

“You’re right. Then I’ll send you off. I’ll ask our driver to drive you back to your place.” Jennie agreed.

 

Henceforward, the whole family went out to see Lisa on her way. By the mansion’s gate, there the car is waiting with the driver for Lisa who still cannot go of Jennie’s hands as they part ways. Neither wants to let go nor look away from each other’s eyes that are sharing love wordlessly. If only she can put Jennie in her pocket and bring Jennie along with her, Lisa already did it a single heartbeat but she has to endure and be brave enough to let her go for today.

 

“You should go. Dad might see you.” Jennie said as she released her hands from Lisa’s.

 

Lisa leaned to give her goodbye kiss that’s short yet deep to Jennie, not minding of those people witnessing them and cared not of the family who witnessed them in front of their shocked eyes. All that Lisa wanted to do is to let Jennie know she would miss her through this kiss she delivered and that she will be thinking of her while they are apart.

 

“I’ll call you once I get home.” Lisa whispered close to her lips before she straightened back.

 

Blushing so mad because of that surprise kiss, Jennie uttered, “Y-yeah, s-sure.”

 

Lisa hopped inside the car and in a second is dashed away. She’s thrilled at the same time embarrassed of what Lisa did for she’s never been kissed in front of many people, especially in front of her mother and Ji-yong who can be so overprotective to her. Everyone around her is giggling while so are grinning at her flushing face she cannot help and cannot stop from getting worse.

 

“W-what are you looking at?” Jennie barked at everyone as she walked back inside the mansion, leaving all those people silently teasing her with their smiles.

 

The hyperactive Lisa at the same time is giggling by herself while on they are on their way back to her place. Thinking of all the happenings and circumstances they’ve gone through, Lisa cannot help herself but to smile on how they managed to resolve everything, on how she can be so bold and open as well when showing her love for Jennie. Fearless indeed, Lisa laughed louder as she thought of how she successfully kissed Jennie in front of her mother, a huge achievement for someone timid like her.

 

The driver noticed her smiles from the back seat through the front mirror and so he retorts, “You look so happy Miss Lisa. You’ve been smiling since we left the mansion.”

  

“Who wouldn’t? I just scored.” Lisa confidently said with her two thumbs up.

 

“You know, we’ve noticed too that Miss Jennie is wearing the same smile whenever she talks about you.” The driver told and he goes on, “I’ve been driving for their family for a decade now and since Jennie was so young. And it’s my first time to see her that happy and so in love. It looks so refreshing since we rarely see her smile especially when she’s inside the mansion.”

 

“Well of course! She has me!” Lisa again proudly said and laughed louder.

 

The driver then probes, “So, I’m guessing Miss Jennie is officially your girlfriend now? Have she given you her sweet ‘yes’?”

 

Shots fired! Lisa’s smile eventually faded at the query, her face turned horror and so dumbfounded she realized as she began wailing, “Oh my God! I forgot to ask her personally! I haven’t asked for her approval!”

 

The next day, here’s to an easygoing and carefree week for the students of this university who have gone through the storm of the Foundation Day. Students are back to their usual studios life, nothing but studies, exams that are yet to come for the semester and occasionally loosing during their vacant periods. While they are at it, some are talking about Jennie’s unexpected performance last Foundation Day that turned out good and some unaware are still wondering how and why it happened.

 

Not among these gossiping students is the nurse in her infirmary checking onto Rose who has forced herself to attend her classes despite of being advised for a one week rest. Together they chitchat in this infirmary that’s empty for this early morning as both are attentive of the talks going on around the campus.

 

“Eh~ everyone’s talking about Jennie’s performance. Well, it’s no surprise since she really did well.” Dara commented while she’s checking on Rose’s temperature in her bedside.

 

Rose then also agrees, “I know right. I saw the video uploaded on the internet. She’s receiving a lot of positive responses, even internationally. She’s surprisingly gaining a bit of popularity in the town too. I wonder if she’s even aware of it. I’m certain that a lot of universities will also come chasing her to transfer too.”

 

“I bet not since she’s so busy being in love.” Dara returned and they chuckled at the possible fact.

 

“In love, huh?” Rose sighed.

 

Dara heard her sighing from her bedside and how she spaced out from it. Wondering why Dara questions from her table, “Why? What’s wrong?”

 

“Unnie, have you ever been in love?” Rose asked out of the blue and stared at Dara waiting for a response.

 

“Yeah, once… or twice I think? Why are you asking?” Dara questioned back.

 

Rose began spacing out again while saying, “I’ve been into various relationships before but I never took one seriously. In fact Lisa just rejected me last week too but for some reason, my feelings are easily dying. I was expecting myself to be so conscious and be so guarded once I come here because I might come across Lisa anytime later but that’s not the case. I feel normal, I mean I feel nothing. I’m just thinking if it’s really love that I felt for Lisa or just a simple adoration.”

 

Dara properly faced Rose after heeding her worries from her seat. From being a joker to a serious woman, Dara replies to her concerns, “It’s not love if it’s easily forgotten, remember that. Let’s say, maybe you just had a huge girl crush for Lisa or something and mistook it for love since you were feeling so lonely.”

 

“Maybe?” Rose pouted.

 

“You see, you know you’re falling in love with someone if they can make you smile in your worst days and never left you. That person should always put you into her priorities. Why don’t you close your eyes and try to think. Whoever comes into your mind then probably, that person is the real one for you.” Dara advised as she instructed.

 

Hence, Rose followed what was said. Slowly, she closed her eyes and drowns her mind into Dara’s words. Someone who can make her smile in her worst days, someone who never left and a person who puts her into its priorities, Rose attempts to imagine of one from those qualifications. Indeed, there’s an image formed into her mind but not an image she thought would appear.

 

Rose gasped and straightaway opened her eyes to erase the unexpected person that popped out in her mind. “Huh, that’s weird…” She then mumbled but she’s already reddening at the thought.

 

The interested Dara approached her and grills thrilled, “Oh! Someone appeared in your mind? Who is it?”

 

“Y-yeah… it’s Jisoo-unnie.” Rose alleged then covered with her hands in disbelief.

 

“Oh my…” Dara is also in shock and gone wordless from that unpredicted result.

 

Breaking the heavy silence, from the outside is Lisa screaming Dara’s name while she runs recklessly on the corridors and her loud mouth can he heard resonating all over the building as she attacks the infirmary with all her might. She sounds in need of an urgent assistance and she her heavy steps can be heard getting louder while she grows closer to her destination. Thus, Dara stood in alert waiting for that door to be hammered open.

 

“Dara-unnie!” Lisa charged into the infirmary carelessly.

      

“W-what happened to you?” Dara barely voiced, Lisa is soaking in sweat while panting so heavy it’s so difficult for her to catch her breath.

 

Lisa marches towards Dara, grabbing her by the collar and closely said in one breathing, “Unnie, What should I do? What should I do? I forgot to ask Jennie to be officially my girlfriend! We already did everything but I forgot the most important part! I seriously forgot to ask her to be my girlfriend!”

 

Dara has open from Lisa’s problem and later laughed, “What the hell Lisa? I thought it’s something so important that you came here shouting my name all over the corridors.”

 

“It’s important unnie!” Lisa whined and held still Dara by her shoulders. Wiggling Dara’s tiny form, she continues on wailing, “What should I do unnie? I need to personally ask her about that! I don’t know what to do! Help me! Help me!”

 

Lisa started jumping around in her endless cries like a kid she always is. As she faced to a side she failed to see the moment she entered, there she stopped as she saw Rose smiling widely at her. Due to rush, Lisa didn’t notice anyone’s presence at all, and now she ended up startled at Rose’s appearance. For the first time since the Foundation Day, the two finally reunited again. While Lisa got stunned in her position, there’s Rose calmly throwing her a smile as she heard all of her silly problems she just screamed.

 

“H-hi, how have you been?” Lisa awkwardly asked and finally her franticness toned down.

 

Seeing Lisa’s expression, Rose couldn’t help but to laugh louder. Lisa cannot even look at her straight in the eye, looking down straight at the floor instead of meeting Rose’s amused ones. Standing up from the bedside and approaching Lisa in her timid stance, she playfully flicks her forehead and harmoniously said, “What’s with that face? We haven’t talked for quite a while yet you’re giving me that attitude. Well I’m doing fine if that’s what you ask, thanks to Jisoo-unnie’s care.”

 

“Uhm… Chaeyoung… about the… you know…” Lisa stuttered for she doesn’t know where to start, making it more awkward for her to just merely stand there.

 

Rose however responded with another flick on Lisa’s forehead and clearly states, “Forget it. Don’t say it. If it’s alright with you, can we forget about whatever happened? There’s nothing to worry about anymore, right? I heard from Ji-yong oppa that everything’s settled so I guess there’s no point talking about what happened in the past anymore.”

 

“But still… I’m sorry.” Lisa frowned.

 

Going back to her bedside, Rose admits to herself with low sighs, “Out of all the people I’ve dated, it’s my first time to get rejected, maybe that’s why I was hurt too much to the point that I got so depressed and got myself sick. I’m so pathetic, don’t you think? But anyway, my lost is worth it because if that didn’t happen, then you might have not known that you’re losing Jennie-unnie. Also, competing with Jennie-unnie is near impossible. So, my defeat is accepted.”

 

Lisa couldn’t say more and just bowed down her head formally yet nonverbally delivering her sincere apologies. She has caused so much trouble and so much pain to everyone involved but thanks to them as well that she has gone more fearless and more resilient, especially with this love she has to fight for from this day on.

 

Dara eventually clapped her hands to end their little drama as she goes back to them and returns the topic, “So Lisa, what’s your real problem with Jennie? I mean, is it really still necessary for you to ask her that? You said it yourself that you’ve done everything for her and with her. Isn’t it pretty obvious that she’s your real girlfriend now even without asking her for it?”

 

“It’s not like that unnie. I don’t feel right if I won’t ask her. It’s like I feel incomplete.” Lisa insisted and went back with her whines.

 

“I have to agree with Lisa.” Rose voiced out and took sides with Lisa, making Dara feel so alone in her own beliefs. “Formally asking her is one of the most important things, I believe. If she won’t then it’s like they are only friends with benefits. Moreover, if she won’t ask Jennie-unnie, then I have to say their relationship is still invalid so it’s better to have an assurance. It’s important to make sure Jennie-unnie won’t lay her eyes to someone else. She’s attractive and surely people will still go after her and can just ask her out because technically, she’s not yet formally taken.” She then articulated for Lisa who cannot express herself in words.

 

“Geez you guys are still young really.” Dara rolled her eyes as she commented but still suggests, “Why don’t you just go and ask her now? I saw her a while ago being tailed by students who can’t get over with her performance.”

 

“Or maybe ask her out for a date. You haven’t asked her for a real date, right?” Rose also recommended.

 

And it at last reminded of Lisa the tickets for the newly opened aquarium she hasn’t used up until to this moment. So she concluded with her bright ideas, “Oh yeah! A date! I’ll go ask her out then perhaps I can ask her on that day.”

 

“Jennie-unnie loves being romantic; she gets so soft when it comes to romance so I suggest you better make it one of her most romantic days in her life.” Rose winked.

 

“Sure, thanks for the tip.” Lisa smiled.

 

In the meantime, while Lisa was busily sharing her problems at the infirmary, Jennie is currently in front of the student council room pacing back and forth on the closed room with packs of milk ice cream in her uneasy hands. Inside the student council room is someone she wants to talk with, dying to see and have wanted to meet. However, her coward self is pulling her back, being so hesitant whether to knock or just leave the ice cream right there and run away.

 

“What will I tell Chichu if I see her?” Jennie in panic asked herself in a grumble as she scratches her airhead.

 

Right at that time, the door which Jennie has been pacing about opened wide; alarming her she almost lost her grip on the ice creams she’s holding. The door opened so sudden that Jennie’s fast nervous heartbeats doubled, not knowing on how to stay cool from this uneasiness eating her soul out. She hasn’t seen the person who opened the door but by just breathing in that strong perfume she wears, Jennie knew who it was, aware that only one person she knows can wear such strong fragrance.

 

“What are you doing?” The person coldly asked staring at Jennie from head to toe.

 

Jennie presented the milk ice cream as she said nervous with her head lowered down, “C-c-chichu, w-would you like to eat some ice cream with me?”

 

There was no response from a few seconds as Jisoo directed her disordered eyes on her, but then she laughed at Jennie’s coyness, Jennie’s side which she cannot deny she misses the most, especially when it’s her whom she’s sharing this side with. And with this, Jennie looked up on her and finally their eyes met after such a long time of sharing nothing but only their voices. Equally, Jennie sure did miss this laugh from Jisoo and it calmed her nervousness and awkwardness. They haven’t had this moment for such a long time that Jennie eventually laughed at herself, laughing together in this moment.

 

“I’ve been watching you walking back and forth through the windows.” Jisoo said and pointed at the opened windows beside the door which Jennie wasn’t mindful of.

 

“R-really?” Jennie sighed ashamed.

 

Jisoo snatched that ice cream she was originally offered and happily yet belatedly replied to Jennie’s offer, “I’d love to eat this. It’s been quite a while since the last time I had one. Come on in Jendeukie, it’s my vacant period so I think we can eat this one together.”

 

The silly Jennie smiled and followed Jisoo from behind entering the student council room that’s filled with papers and some documents set to be signed on each member’s tables. However, that’s not what’s amazing Jennie as of the moment. What amazes her is Jisoo who was just so distant, aloof and unfriendly towards her for the past week but now acts like nothing happened. It amazes her on how quick she adjusted and her maturity for showing no signs of discomfort now that she’s together with her. Jennie doesn’t want to ask more, and doesn’t want to break this momentum with her questions that might bring back memories they both want to forget and so she decided to be as jolly as Jisoo is, like the good old times when they enjoy each second.

 

Jisoo offered the chair across her where she settled and asks as she fixes the food on the table dividing them, “So, what brings you here with an ice cream? Did you do something wrong again? And by the way, why aren’t you with Lisa?”

 

As soon as she sat across her best friend, Jennie grabbed the other cup of ice cream then replies opening it, “I don’t know. She sent me a message this morning that she’ll be running on an important matter. She said she’ll meet me for lunch though.”

 

“Huh? Could it be that she’s cheating already?” Jisoo teased as she smirked at her best friend’s face that darkened upon the simple joke.

 

“I’ll kill her if she does.” Jennie said deep.  

 

“Anyway…” Jisoo stopped from munching nonstop and stares at her best friend with a smile, then formally greets, “Congratulations.”

 

“For what?” Jennie raised an eyebrow.

 

“I heard from Ji-yong oppa that you and Lisa are now real.” Jisoo cleared still looking straight into her best friend’s eyes.

 

Blushing, Jennie avoided the eye contact and returns shy, “T-thank you.”

 

“You should have heard your brother when he called me and Rose. He was screaming like a fangirl saying that you guys are now real and that JenLisa is real.” Jisoo chuckled at the recollection.

 

“Say what? JenLisa? What’s that?” Jennie asked still dumbfounded of the new word.

 

As Jisoo cannot stop from chuckling, she hardly uttered in between her snorts, “JenLisa, it’s a couple name for you and Lisa that Ji-yong oppa made. It sounds silly, isn’t it?”

 

Together they laugh, laughing at everything they talk about, at any word that they find funny. Sharing this food they always enjoy, their friendship has restored. They need not of any explanations and any more reasons and justifications do return their friendship back to how it used to be. Jisoo has well-adjusted with the situation and has accepted the reality, that Jennie can only see her as best friend and nothing more than that. As acceptance finally surged to Jisoo, she has decided to welcome Jennie once again, her best friend back to her care, to guide her and to direct her with life like how she needed to.

 

While they share their harmonious conversation matched with laughter, someone gently knocked onto the opened door of the room. The three knocks came so gentle but the person who did so isn’t as gentle as how she looks like for she’s throwing daggers straight at the partners caught in act having so much fun. Jennie has her expression terrorized while Jisoo can only enjoy it more.

 

“Oh, Lisa, why don’t you come in and join us?” Jisoo asked the unpleasant person who remained standing by the door, refusing to enter.

 

“Why are you so close to her? Get away from Jennie!” Lisa warned but standing still, not raging towards them nor fuming her building wrath.

 

Jisoo sighed, “I think she’s still jealous. It can’t be helped.”

 

“Get away from Jennie!” Lisa repeated her warning in a higher tone.

 

Jisoo had no other choice but to stand up from her seat and grabbed her bag on the side preparing to leave. But before doing so, she tells Jennie sitting a little disappointed, “I’m going to my class soon too so let’s call it a day for us. But of course, you have to throw those empty cups outside. We don’t have our trash here. You’re the one who brought it here so you should be the one cleaning up too.”

 

“That’s so unfair Chichu!” Jennie complained with a pout but nonetheless followed what was instructed.

 

Jennie has gone out for a moment to locate the nearest trash, leaving Lisa and Jisoo by the student council room temporarily. Lisa has her burning eyes fixated onto Jisoo’s peaceful ones, watching every movement she does on the table, from gathering all her things, putting her notes in her bag to setting herself for her class. Jisoo noted all of it, those wrathful looks being stabbed to her and those fists that seem to be haven’t moved on yet.

 

“I see you haven’t moved on. I and Jennie already did so why don’t you? As you can see, we’re back to our old bond.” Jisoo said as she walked closer to Lisa.

 

”I did. It’s just that it angers me when I see you close to my Jennie. Who knows what you’ll do with her again behind my back. I’m just being protective for her.” Lisa reverted mad.

 

Though Lisa is giving her such deathly glares that can kill, Jisoo is bouncing all of it with a grin. She strolled nearer to Lisa until she reaches her ears to whisper, “I just saw Jennie’s love marks on her neck. Congratulations, you’re her first.”

 

“What?” Lisa tugged back in confusion but flushed at the observation. “What are you talking about? I don’t get you.” She then further questioned.

 

Jisoo stepped back a little but still in a whisper, she opens up the truth, “That night, I didn’t touch Jennie.” She started and this extended Lisa’s interested ears larger, so eager to hear more of this juicy fact. And so Jisoo moves on confessing, “I mean, I admit I was the one who started it. I did kiss her. She did touch me but as for my part, I didn’t go further than that. Right after she did me, she stripped herself then she passed out on top of me, that’s all that happened which is why she can’t remember anything right after that. But that time, if only she didn’t pass out, I could have really done her.”

 

“T-then… you mean… I… really am… her first?” Lisa tried to clarify word by word but a huge smile is creeping out from her lips.

 

Jisoo confirms confidently with the same huge smile in return, “So you do admit that something happened between you two already. But anyway, if that’s the case then yes, you’re her first. Congratulations on being her first. And I believe it was your first too so yeah, good job on your first try. She seemed satisfied.”

 

Lisa was smiling ear to ear but at some point she’s thinking “If only I knew about it beforehand then I could have done better.”

 

It’s then that Jennie returned back after a long run of desperate search of a trash can. Without words, Jisoo leaves the two alone and lastly winked at Lisa who’s evidently embarrassed from the fact she just knew as she passed by her. Deep within, Lisa couldn’t help but to curse at herself, mentally raging in so much regret.

 

“Hey, what’s wrong? You’re spacing out.” Jennie snapped her fingers across Lisa’s eyes that rolled up.

 

Lisa blinked fast as she returned her imaginations back to reality. Now that she has known such an important information, the way she looks at Jennie somewhat turned so different but in a good way. Now she can look at Jennie more tenderly, more affectionately with so much love she can give through her stares darting fondness. Lisa cared not of the other side facts she learned from that night, only that she can now be at peace knowing that it was her whom Jennie poured out her love with first.

 

Walking together hand-in-hand by the catwalks, Lisa speaks out, “Are you free this coming Sunday?”

 

“I always am.” Jennie replied short yet true.

 

Lisa stopped halfway and so does Jennie. As Lisa gathers all her courage with a deep long breath, she bravely asks, “Can I invite you out for date then? A whole day date with me; and it’s not just a mere hang out but a date. A real date just the two of us.”

 

And Jennie gladly accepts without hesitancies, “Sure, why not? I’d love to.”

 

“Cool!” Lisa satisfactorily grinned. “I’ll fetch you at your mansion then.”

 

Jennie checks on her surroundings for any presence of any students. And upon confirming no signs of existence, she quickly tip toed and stole a quick kiss on Lisa’s unprepared lips then said, “I’ll be looking forward to it.”

 

For the entire week, Lisa used most of her free time for the preparations needed for their first ever date. For it’s her first time and afraid to make a single mistake, she has done everything she can do to avoid such thing. Firstly, after her part-time jobs, she would go to an internet café searching for the do’s and don’ts during first dates and would spend an hour jotting down all the important notes she can get. Next, unknown to Jennie’s knowledge and behind her back, she also personally asked people about her, all that’s mutual with them, about her personal preferences and her ideal date if any. She has gone through all just to make this important day be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter